Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Search the Community: Showing results for tags '16 may 2388 - stardate 2388.137'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements
    • From The GMs
    • Graduation Announcements
  • Ten-Forward Lounge
    • Questions & Comments
    • Community & Trek Discussion
    • STSF Academy
  • File Library
    • Academy Sims
    • Advanced Sims
  • USS Arcadia
    • USS Arcadia Bios
    • USS Arcadia Briefings & Logs
  • USS Challenger
    • USS Challenger Construction
    • USS Challenger Bios
    • USS Challenger Briefings and Logs
    • Archive
  • USS Comanche Creek
    • USS Comanche Creek Bios
    • USS Comanche Creek Briefings and Logs
  • USS Excalibur
    • USS Excalibur Bios
    • USS Excalibur Briefings & Logs
    • Camelot:Twilight of Empires
  • USS Manticore
    • USS Manticore Bios
    • USS Manticore Briefings & Logs
  • USS Reaent
    • USS Reaent Bios
    • USS Reaent Briefings & Logs
    • N.F.S. Reaent Materials, Briefings & Logs
  • USS Republic
    • USS Republic Bios
    • USS Republic Briefings & Logs
  • Sky Harbor Aegis
    • Sky Harbor Aegis Bios
    • Sky Harbor Aegis Briefings & Logs
    • Station Information
  • RES Talon
    • RES Talon Bios
    • RES Talon Briefings & Logs
  • Retired Sims
    • USS Agincourt
    • Qob: Tranquility
  • Private Boards
  • Trash Can

Calendars

  • Community Calendar
  • STSF Events

Categories

  • Stories

Found 4 results

  1. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 6/21/19 =/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 2 hours. The time is 1900 hours (7:00 PM) Aegis local. So far Aegean has not encountered any unexpected resistance. Aegean is about to receive data from the solar probe. Aegis has settled to normalcy (Aegis normal, that is). Security is watching Crow and trying to communicate with the gremlin. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: ::even though it is shift change, we find Chirakis in her office, working - as usual::: mimipavilion: ::off duty and in her quarters:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::on Aegean bridge:: Jylliene: ::quarters, dinner with Annisha (I assume):: Amanda Davis PhD: ::in her office, finishing up documents and such:: mimipavilion: ::eating at her desk, scrolling through personal messages:: Dacia Sandero: @::probably also on Aegean's bridge:: Chirakis: ::eventually she steps out of her office to pace around CnC, more thinking than watching others work::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Nijil was working on the Aegean's engineering deck. People all around, but relatively quiet :: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> :::focused on Tae'Lynn's probe, waiting for results:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Deep stellar probe is nearing its depth limit. Hopefully we will get a good scan of the anomalies before it fails. Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::both curious and concerned at what might happen when a star is poked::: Tarisa: ::In her office, checking on a couple projects.:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Doing a little after hour work with the Aegean being out :: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::actually, he has never poked a star before::: Hm... Dacia Sandero: @:::Still checking rad levels:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Oh good, getting some finer detail on the thermal currents. Electromagnetic paths more complex than expected. Annisha: :: Looks to Jyllene, slurping up a noodle :: So when's dad getting home? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ +Bridge+ Shields holding, for now. Jylliene: ::shrugs:: I'm not certain. Chirakis: @ Coleridge> +Nijil+ Keep a close watch.. just in case. Jylliene: ::spoons some more of the vegetables over her own noodles:: Hopefully it won't be a terribly long outing. Jylliene: Especially as he's the better cook. ::slight grin:: Amanda Davis PhD: ::with a sigh, she straightens her office and exits, looking for Mimi:: Jylliene: Better than I am at it, anyhow. Alexis McFarland: ::eating dinner:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Computers are compiling a pattern in the system. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ We might be able to predict the frequency of wave pulses. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ +Bridge+ If I was watching any close I'd be waving my hands on the bow. mimipavilion: ::her office is dark:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Let's see. Annisha: That's grans doing... the farm and such. Jylliene: I imagine so. Tarisa: Miana> ::Also eating dinner with her mother.:: mimipavilion: ::finishes her meal and sets the bowl aside:: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::watching, listening with both a childlike excitement and concern for what might happen::: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> +Nijil+ Just not too close. We only have one engineer. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I am going to schedule these outings to avoid missing dinner... :: taps on the display :: mimipavilion: ::gets a glimpse of one the household servants getting the bowl:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::goes for tea and slumps into a chair in the doctors' lounge::: Jylliene: ::ponders:: I wonder if there'd be room somewhere for a communal garden. Jylliene: ::would probably kill the plants, as she has a black thumb:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ There should be a steady cycle. I wonder what caused the spike in frequency before. Annisha: It's a big station... the mushroom Amanda Davis PhD: ::ponders.... how do you communicate with something that really doesn't communicate::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Probe appears stable. Expanding sensor sweeps. Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::Dran, as he stands:: Possibility of a regular irregularity, like.... say... one or two stable and one not so much? Jylliene: ::nods:: Alexis McFarland: ::chatting with her parents via subspace:: I'm glad you're coming soon. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Nothing indicates that yet. Further scans are picking up some variations in electron flow closer to the anomalies. Annisha: Au know those musical Vulcans? They suggested a music... place...hall or something. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Getting an energy spike now. Must be entering another layer. Alexis McFarland: @Alexis' Mom> And we have a special surprise for you when we arrive. I think you'll like it. Jylliene: That'd be nice to have. A performance venue. mimipavilion: ::finishes going through her messages and leans back in the chair and sighs a bit:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: to himself :: This place... Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Oh, Sir. I've lost the probes signal. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Switching to second probe. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Second probe is picking up increased electromagnetics along the surface. I think we should move away. Amanda Davis PhD: ::taps don't work, pictures don't work, not even food::: Annisha: The Annisha Auditorium... :: spreads her arms wide:: Alexis McFarland: Ooh, what kind of surprise? Jylliene: We could even have school performances. ::grins at Annisha:: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> Very well. +Nijil+ Move us away from the star. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Energy output increasing quickly. We really. Sir, I've lost second probe's signal. Alexis McFarland: Mom>. You'll see dear. We should be arriving early next month, I think. Chirakis: @ Coleridge> +Nijil+ Get us out of here. Dacia Sandero: @ ::watches the feed as well:::: Dacia Sandero: @::concurs with that:: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::looks around:: It doesn't feel like we're moving.... Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Aye, moving us off. Alexis McFarland: Hmm, yay. It's lonely whenever Dacia goes on an away mission. Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::turns::: It doesn't seem like... Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ I'm loosing all sensor feeds! Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Nijil has been so transfixed on his station, he believed he was in main engineering, but in reality, his body was on the bridge :: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::her console sputters suddenly then goes blank:: Dacia Sandero: @ Whoa, what happened? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I am unsure how fa... navigation is having issues. Chirakis: ACTION> What feels like a massive explosion throws Aegean away from the star, power goes out, and the crew is thrown everywhere. Annisha: Anni and her tiny strings Jylliene: ::nods:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::Falls into her console and off her seat:: Jylliene: You're a born leader. You might as well channel that positively. mimipavilion: ::goes through the house plans and signs off on what she needs to, if she hasn't already:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Flips over the helm console, does the Wilhelm scream :: Chirakis: ACTION> The ship is intact, but major power systems are out, though Aegean does have minor internal systems like life support::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::hits the floor and rolls until she hits the far wall:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Hits his back with a thud. He did not crash on any point, but his body landed in front of the now blank main viewer :: Chirakis: @ Coleridge> Thrown across the bridge, unable to grab or hold onto anything, his head slams into the bulkhead and he lands like a rag doll on the deck. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::scrambles up and towards the ops console:: Dacia Sandero: @::gets thrown around tumbles into the floor in front of her:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @:: He felt blood, from somewhere, along with a back massage as if performed by a Klingon bat'leth :: Chirakis: % Lt Hill> Commander, Aegean has disappeared. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: That is correct. We have lost the ship on sensors. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Engaging back up systems. Nothing. Secondary. Still nothing. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::looking around at the emergency lighting:: Low power aux systems seem to be all we have. Chirakis: ACTION> Security officers aboard begin to check through the dark, looking for injured. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: The bridge was spinning, or was he? He could see the emergency lights which ran along the ceiling, chemical and not electrical in nature. Alexis McFarland: Alexis' Mom>. We just need to wrap things up here, and catch the next ship to Aegis. I think we should be leaving Andoria within the next few days. We already have secured a ship that's travelling to Aegis. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::helm:: What was our course and speed before we lost power? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::looking around:: Chirakis: :::swings around to Cayne::: The ship is lost? Explain. Dacia Sandero: @Ugh, :gets up slowly and quickly checks herself out:: Is everyone okay? mimipavilion: ::gets up and stretches:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::spots Coleridge and moves over towards him. Checking his vitals:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Doctor, over here. Chirakis: % LtCdrDayson> Nothing? ::pulls on a headset:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::heads over to Dran and Coleridge, and takes out her tricorder:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: It is merely not on sensors, and was have a repeater in the area. Chirakis: % Hill> Nothing, sir. They just... vanished. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ I feel a pulse and he's breathing. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::moves clear to give the doc room to work:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Moans and curses in Rihan :: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::Nijil:: What was out course and speed? Chirakis: ::Cayne::: ::slips a chip into his console:: Contact Runabout Regulus for information. Dacia Sandero: @::Scans him over::: He seems to have suffered some lacerations to his head and possibly a concussion:: You okay, sir? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: still lying on the deck :: I was, ugh, beginning to make a perpendicular trajectory away from the star. Chirakis: @ ::security use their basic medical training to check anyone injured::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::doing some calculations in her head:: If we managed any momentum we should be safe from falling back into the star for at least 12 hours. Dacia Sandero: @ Still unconscious, but he seems to be fine and not suffered anything major. I think he should be fine. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: +Regulus Aegis to Regulus. Request for information regarding location of USS Aegean. Chirakis: @ :::one kneels by Nijil and begins examining him for injuries::: Commander Korjata, can you hear me? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I had all the wind I've ever inhaled knocked out of me. Annisha: :: eats :: I think father is probably having a good time. Annisha: I know I'm a handful and he needs his own time. Chirakis: @ Sec 1> Keep talking, Commander. Stay with me. ::checks his vitals::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::checking her tricorder:: Hand held equipment seems to still function. mimipavilion: ::finishes with the house paperwork, then stretches a bit:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ My vision is blurred and I have pain all over. I did not know I was a gymnast. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::scanning:: Jylliene: Eh, most children are handfuls at some point. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: to Chirakis :: They will be checking on the Aegean. Dacia Sandero: @ ::to the security people:: Cdr. Coleridge seems to be unconscious but should be fine. I'll need some assistance in transporting him to Sickbay. Chirakis: % Dayson> Okay... coding to Aegis. Annisha: :: Grumbles :: mimipavilion: @Sec 2>::to Sandero:: I'll help ma'am Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Well, not how I wanted to get the date but this confirms it. The wave does indeed neutralize the harmful radiation exposure in this system. Chirakis: % Dayson> :::slips in a chip and uses a low frequency to inform Aegis of Aegean's vanishing::: Dacia Sandero: @::nods::: Thanks. I think he might have hit his head when he fell. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ So, we won't die of radiation poisoning. At least not until we fall back into the star. Which, we may want to try and prevent. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Looks up :: Should I remain on the floor? :: thinks :: Orders captain? mimipavilion: @Sec 2>::nods and helps lift Scot, moves him to medical:: Chirakis: % Dayson> Hill, Begin a full scan for Aegean. Keep a watch out for the Alien Alliance. Chirakis: @ Sec 1> ::Nijil::: Tell me your name, sir. Chirakis: @ Coleridge> ::slight moan::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Admiral Korjata Dacia Sandero: @ Hey now, try to hold still. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: grins in pain :: SubCommander... Chirakis: @ Sec 1> Ohhh… kay. ::makes a note::: And the date? Dacia Sandero: @ ::tp Nijil:: Feel free to swing by Sickbay when you have the time.. Annisha: Hey mom, my friends and I are bored with the holodeck programs for the 'kids' Au ever write any hologames? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Right.. can someone get me up? Chirakis: @ Sec 1> ::continues his examination, says to Dacia:: I'll bring him in, ma'am. Jylliene: ::ponders:: I haven't yet. Jylliene: But I could consider one. Chirakis: @ Sec 1> Yes, sir. Take my arm. Careful. Dacia Sandero: @Oh, thanks. Jylliene: Is there something in particular that would interest you? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::pulls the panel on the ops console. Trying to tie in aux power:: Chirakis: @ Sec 1> ::Nijil::: Are you able to work, sir? Brain fairly clear? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Gets up in a cloak of pain :: Captain in charge? Dacia Sandero: @ ::helps lead Coleridge and the Security guy into the dimly lit sickbay running on emergency generators:: At least everything's working. Let's place him in one of the bio beds. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ The Captain is out of commission at the moment. Chirakis: @ Sec 1> Captain Coleridge is taken care of. How about you? mimipavilion: @Sec 2> Yes ma'am ::places Scott on a biobed:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Oh, :: Takes the chair :: Report our status Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Are we heading into the star? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Computers are down. Main power non responsive. Impulse power off line. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ What IS working? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ We have at least 12 hours. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Aux power lighting and hand held equipment. Dacia Sandero: @ ::extends the arm of the bio bed around him and checks his stats, and does a scan of his brain to check for any cranial injuries or brain damage:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Send out a general distress call. Chirakis: @ Sec 1> ::looks around and it seems that everyone has an assist, then turns to Dran::: What can I do, ma'am? mimipavilion: @Sec 2> how can I help? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ No communications. Chirakis: % Dayson> Brady, give me a full sensor sweep to find the ship. Annisha: :: pats Jy's hand:: The dinner is fine mom.. strange to not have something without Blubby's in front of it Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Sir, until we can get power to the computers all systems will have to be manually restarted and operated at point. I think we should priorities maneuvering thrusters to stabilize out orbit. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Can we send our a probe? Jylliene: ::grins:: Thanks. Nice to know I can manage something now and again. Dacia Sandero: @ If you can help usher in patients incoming and prioritize according to severity of injuries, I'd appreciate it. How's your medical training? If you can perform basic treatment as well, I'd appreciate it. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Launchers offline. I can manually configure one and push it out an airlock but that's about it. mimipavilion: @Sec 2>I'll try my best Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 6/21/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: TBS will be 11 hours, coming to 0700, beginning Alpha watch on Aegis. Aegean will still be dark and difficult to control, but basic life support will be operable. Starfleet’s Runabout Regulus will be hunting for Aegean but will not locate her. Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none... Nijil tr'Korjata: Nothing here Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  2. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 6/14/19 - 10:05 PM=/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 4 hours. The time is 1300 hours (1:00 PM) Aegis local. Aegean is investigating Nebula 259b and its wave generation. The ship trailing Aegean spotted a large alien vessel prowling the nebula. On Aegis, security is busy with the gremlin and the syndicate leader, Crow. Families that have been living down below are given new quarters. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Jylliene: ::Ops, CnC:: Dacia Sandero: @::on Aegean's bridge:: mimipavilion: :back up in medical:: Fletcher Jackson: ::CnC::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::on Aegean bridge:: Scott Coleridge: @:: on bridge:: Lt. Dran, have you collected enough data from this round of probes? Chirakis: ::enters CnC from security and pauses for threat assessment::: Fletcher Jackson: ::monitoring ships as they come and go::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ I believe so. Chirakis: ::steps in::: Commander Kital, report. Jylliene: ::nods to Chirakis:: Alexis McFarland: ::in school with her friends:: Chirakis: ::minimally returns the nod:: Jylliene: Situation normal. Families are settling in to new quarters as we speak. Jylliene: Nothing from Aegean as of yet. Chirakis: ::she nods:: Commander Cayne, reports from Fleet Security? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: At his post :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Working on the Aegean engineering deck :: Chirakis: ::she moves to her console and pulls up the latest from her end::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::looking over the wave patterns:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Fleet security is in the green. Not a lot of activity. Dacia Sandero: @::still monitoring rad levels from her terminal:: Scott Coleridge: @ what's the status of your strangelet theory? Chirakis: ::without looking up:: Excellent. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Still just a theory. There's something in the star but I can't confirm what just yet. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ ::Watching the shields carefully :: Scott Coleridge: @ What would you propose we do next for our investigation? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ I am trying to work on the safest method to confirm this. Does little good to do so and just unleash a stellar plague into the galaxy. Chirakis: ::paging through the latest information from October, a few things catch her attention, she makes a mental note, then blanks her screen::: Jylliene: ::ponders:: Jylliene: ::does some quick mental math, nods, resumes her work:: Chirakis: ::she steps away from her console and wanders toward Jylliene, speaking quietly without looking at her ::: You seem pensive, Commander. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Nothing from the Aegean as of yet. Chirakis: ::Cayne:: Very well. Chirakis: ::Cayne:: Anything of note in that area of space? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Other than the mission objective they would have passed by a seven planet system with one class M world. Jylliene: Be concerned if ever Nijil is on an away mission and I am not pensive. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ We should get closer if possible. Of course the best places to study are the worst for the dampening effect to take hold. Scott Coleridge: @ I'm willing to take us in slightly closer, but very gradually Dacia Sandero: @ :::nods:: Should be okay if we take it slow. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Well, that would be the safest. Chirakis: ::after a slight turn, she nods to Jyl:: Of course. Are you able to fulfill your duties? Scott Coleridge: @ Helm, bring us to within 0.2 AU, but at one quarter impulse. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::readies the systems for another round and scans:: Chirakis: ::takes note of the "one class M world"::: Jylliene: I am. I will let you know if it were to interfere at some point. Tarisa: ::Steps onto the CnC, heading for her console.:: Chirakis: ::Jyl:: Very well. Alexis McFarland: ::probably having lunch or something:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> :: Actually having lunch,... another sandwich... more like breakfast, sandwich, and late dinner :: Alexis McFarland: ::eating a Blubby Wrap:: mimipavilion: ::leaves her office and checks throughout medical:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ +Bridge+ Shields are holding, as well as other systems. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::beginning next phase of scans:: Scott Coleridge: @ Ens. Kel: 0.2AU, aye Tarisa: Miana> ::Happily eating with Alexis and Annisha.:: Yummy! Dacia Sandero: @Rad levels are still good Alexis McFarland: Mm. Scott Coleridge: @ +Nijil+ Confirmed, thank you. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: No news from the ship, which is neither here nor there. Scott Coleridge: @ Let's see if this star has any other surprises for us Chirakis: ::upon completing her rounds, she stops at Cayne's console:: Agreed. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> So...:: munches :: what's new with au two? :: munches and smiles :: Alexis McFarland: I think my parents are going to be assigned here. So that's good. Tarisa: Miana> :;Shrugs:: Oh. :;Remembers.:: Have you seen the new kids in school? Tarisa: Miana> ::Smiles:: Yay! Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Easy pickings... I mean yes, I've heard of them. Alexis McFarland: ::Drinks her drink:: Yes, those boys. But they're older and in a different class aren't they? Chirakis: % Lt Hill> :aboard Shuttle Regulus:: Commander. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Watching the location of the waves against a large background, the Aegean a small icon in the middle :: Chirakis: % LtCdr Dayson> ::steps toward Hill and takes a headset::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ The anomalies seem to be between zones of the star's interior. They may be held in place by convection currents between the core and outer layers. Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: But there are more than them. Quite a few more. Chirakis: % Dayson> ::as he listens:: Ens Brady, go dark. Alexis McFarland: Ooh, yes. Quite a few. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I have never seen so many probes leave our stores, I can only imagine what an enemy of ours would think if they saw their cargo bay. Tarisa: Miana> I have not seen all of them, but I can kind of smell them when I walk through the halls. Chirakis: % Brady> Aye, sir. Going dark. ::shuts down everything::: Dacia Sandero: @ :::checks her console:: Alexis McFarland: I hope they're taking baths. Chirakis: % Dayson> ::still listening::: Tarisa: Miana> I do not smell them like that. ::Makes a weird face.:: Alexis McFarland: ::giggles:: Oh, okay. Scott Coleridge: @ Any indication yet if the anomalies are natural or artificial? Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Glad I don't have super smell, no offense Miana. Alexis McFarland: ::pets Miana:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ No, but I think it's time to find out for sure. Readying the stellar core probe. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Whose week is it to keep Miana? :: smirks with a smile :: Tarisa: Miana> ::Giggles.:: I heard Vulcans have a strong sense of smell, but they can not detect distinct things like we can. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::inputting probe flight path:: Chirakis: % Brady> ::writes on a padd:: "the star will black them out" Alexis McFarland: I can agree to that. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Sees a probe come online, watching the comm signals :: Tarisa: Miana> :;Blinks.:: Chirakis: % Hill> ::thumbs up, affirmative::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Going to fire a partner probe as well to monitor from the edge of the star's surface. Alexis McFarland: ::smiles:: Well, I'll be her neighbour soon so... Tarisa: Miana> Yay! Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::double checks:: Probes are ready. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: to NOIP :: Oh Jylliene, look at what au are missing... Dacia Sandero: @ ::looks out at the viewscreen:: Johnson Kenyon: ::checking through lists to see if any sensors have recorded additional gremlin intrusions:: mimipavilion: ::finishes her rounds, leaves medical again, with Mallard in charge; and heads back up to CnC:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> We Rihans have strong emotions... we don't place them on a shelf like they do, meaning we are funnier. mimipavilion: ::arrives on the CnC and stays out of the way:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Primary probe launching. Tarisa: Miana> ::Giggles:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Launch confirmed. Launching second. Chirakis: ::notes Mimi's entrance::: Doctor. Alexis McFarland: That's true, Vulcans don't make good jokes Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Launch confirmed. Both probes on course. mimipavilion: Captain. Dacia Sandero: @ ::watches the probes:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: To anyone around him :: I would be better if we could get real time sensor data from them, but they are on a silent op. Johnson Kenyon: ::pulling up the work logs, checking to see if there are more glitches:: Scott Coleridge: @ Waiting:: Chirakis: :::she steps in Mimi's direction:: Any word on our young friends from below? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Primary probe metaphasic shields activated. Entering the star now. Fletcher Jackson: :::still shuttling ships back and forth, reaches for his coffee and it's.... gone!!!:::gasp::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Second probe maintaining lock on primary. mimipavilion: ::shakes her head:: No ma'am. Chirakis: So.. neither pro nor con. Interesting. I would think that they would have some kind of reaction. Chirakis: Or.. it could be too much of a shock. mimipavilion: It could be ma'am. Fletcher Jackson: ::with a sigh, he stands with his empty cup and looks to Jyl::: Coffee, ma'am? Johnson Kenyon: ::checking in with Lt Little... asking him the work priority:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Interesting convection pattern. More than just rise and fall. Something is causing them to spiral as well. Well, that's something new. Chirakis: Or...it could be that they are shocked about going to school. ::smirk:: mimipavilion: I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing a little recon of their new surroundings. ::side nod and smiles:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Switches consoles to get to a larger screen :: Chirakis: % LtCdr Dayson> We're clear. Keep a tight watch on that. Go to yellow. Chirakis: % Brady> Going yellow, aye. Jylliene: ::nods to Jackson:: Please. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Not sure if the anomalies are causing that or being caused by this pattern. ::jotting down notes in her journal:: Fletcher Jackson: ::takes her cup:: Donut? Jylliene: That would also be appreciated Fletcher Jackson: ::moves toward the stand and begins to fill her cup, then finds her favorite donut and returns::: Johnson Kenyon: +Security+ Lt Johnson to Security Fletcher Jackson: Here ya go, ma'am. Fresh. Or at least they smell fresh. ::puts her mug next to her:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Stomach rumbling. Nijil did not know the time, so much work :: Jylliene: Thank you ::smile:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Anomalies coming into range now. Chirakis: Garand> +Jackson+ Security here. Go ahead. Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Would you mind if I spent a little time with our guest to see if I can communicate with it? Fletcher Jackson: Any time, ma'am. :::takes his own and settles in:: Chirakis: Garand> ::long pause:: Jylliene: ::needs to get something for Jackson some time as thanks:: Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Report to Security and we'll discuss it. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Realizes he needs to visit those kids at some point. They either looked up to him, a bit of a fan club...or was it old-man pity? Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Aye sir. On my way Johnson Kenyon: ::leaving Main Engineering, headed for security:: Fletcher Jackson: (A super-sized jelly donut with sprinkles) Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> :: Continues to eat :: Jylliene: (sounds good to me!) Alexis McFarland: ::eating her jello:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Oh, here comes the data. Chirakis: ::Cayne::: Check on the Ghost Squad, Commander. I will take TAC. Johnson Kenyon: ::in the TL:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Nods:: I need the walk. :: Heads to the CnC lift :: Chirakis: % Dayson> +low frequency+ Sun Show, Prowlers. Johnson Kenyon: ::arriving in Security:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Leans against the wall as the lift continues :: Chirakis: Garand> ::turns, having waited for Kenyon:: Ensign Kenyon? Chirakis: 10:58 PM Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Exits on their level :: Johnson Kenyon: ::frowns, pointing to his second pip:: Lieutenant J.G Chirakis: Garand> Well, ::extends a hand:: Congratulations. Chirakis: Garand> Are you a linguist? Johnson Kenyon: ::to Garand:: thank you.... No... I'm not a linguist as you know very well. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: sighs :: At least the probes are holding. Scott Coleridge: @ :: pleased they haven't encountered any unexpected resistance yet:: Jylliene: ::enjoys the doughnut. Yep, needed this.:: Johnson Kenyon: however these creatures seem to be very interested in mechanical things... so I've brought it some toys. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> We should go and meet these new kids... let them know who we are. Chirakis: Garand> Explain. Johnson Kenyon: Might make him... er... it easier to study? mimipavilion: ::goes to one to the mission configurable consoles, turns it on to monitor medical and the such:: Alexis McFarland: ::holds onto Miana:: I guess, we can Johnson Kenyon: the language of engineering as it were Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Arrives at the GS :: It's Cayne... Chirakis: Garand> Very well. Come with me and we'll see what happens. ::tags him for entrance and leads him toward our friend::: Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 6/14/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: TBS, Commander? Chirakis: ::hearing the cogs turn::: Scott Coleridge: Hmm Scott Coleridge: Take us to the end of the shift. Chirakis: End of shift will be 1900 or 7:00 PM Chirakis: Words for the wise? Chirakis: Or otherwise? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: I'm glad you could make it, Lt Kenyon. Johnson Kenyon: thank you Chirakis: Seeing nothing else... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  3. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 5/31/19 =/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 No TBS. The time is 0800 hours (8:00 AM) Aegis local. Aegean's first test in Nebula 259b caused the star's wave generation to spike and enter an "active" phase without warning. On Aegis, security is busy with the gremlin and the syndicate leader, Crow. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC OPS::: mimipavilion: ::finishing up the update of the newest arrival:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: On Aegean :: Dacia Sandero: @::on Aegean as well:: Chirakis: ::CnC, command console::: Tarisa: ::At her station on CnC.:: Alexis McFarland: ::eating her breakfast:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Also eating breakfast at her place.:: Scott Coleridge: @::Aegean command chair, looking at the sensor readouts:: That was... unexpected. Chirakis: ::leans back after reading a report from the Starfleet security tail::: Alexis McFarland: ::eating a piece of avocado toast:: Chirakis: ::then she stands to wander CnC ::: Dacia Sandero: @ ::continues with her research on the radiation waves and its effects on humanoid life:: Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Keep a close eye on our shielding, please. If this level of activity continues, I want to know if it causes any degradation. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Aye mimipavilion: ::does some more paperwork:: Chirakis: :::arrives at Tarisa's console::: Commander, were you investigating Nebula 259b as well? ::she seems concerned::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Finishes her breakfast, grabs her things, and leaves the VIP quarters.:: Scott Coleridge: @::knows that Dran is busy herding the probes and sensors:: Scott Coleridge: @ It seems too unlikely a coincidence that the star just decided to become more active as we got closer. Tarisa: :;Nods.:: I have been trying to monitor the area. ::Bringing up the area on screen.:: I was about to begin another active scan... Tarisa: Hmm...It seems that area is becoming active again. Chirakis: And it was not active until Aegean approached it? Alexis McFarland: ::Drinking some orange juice and fixes her hair:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I have said I believe there is an artificial quality about all of this. Tarisa: Correct Chirakis: Have you any idea why that might happen? ::merely curious, not alarmed::: Scott Coleridge: @ It's possible. Of course, our proximity might be a natural trigger too. I wonder how we can test that, other than getting closer. Scott Coleridge: @ I don't want to do that until we've collected all the readings we can from this distance. Tarisa: :;Shakes head.:: Not without concrete evidence. But the possibility of some sort of proximity trigger could come to mind. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ This does not match anything in Federation or Rihan databases mimipavilion: ::finishes up with her paperwork and heads for the CnC, leaving medical in the care of Lt. Mallard:: Chirakis: ..and that could be something natural, perhaps the proximity of an artificial quantum singularity? Fletcher Jackson: ::turns::: Captain, priority one coming to your console. Tarisa: Miana> ::Happily chimes Alexis' door.:: mimipavilion: ::arrives on the CnC a short time later:: Chirakis: ::looks to Jackson:: Thank you, Ensign. Tarisa: :;Nods.:: Yes, it is possible. Alexis McFarland: ::hovers to the door and opens it:: Morning Miana. ::smiles:: Chirakis: ::she nods and moves to her console::: Chirakis: ::inserts her secure datacrystal and reads::: Tarisa: Miana> Hi! ::Hugs, happy tail going.:: Alexis McFarland: ::hugs Miana:: How are you feeling? Your arm feeling better? Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> :: Oblivious to what her father is doing :: Tarisa: Miana> :;Nods.:: Mmhm Alexis McFarland: That is good. Let's get Annisha. ::heads out of her room to Annisha's:: Chirakis: ::she seems to be alarmed about something, returns a message and blanks her screen, returning the chip to her pocket::: Alexis McFarland: My leg and arm are getting better. I can move them a bit more and doesn't hurt. Tarisa: Miana> Yay! :;Follows.:: Alexis McFarland: ::chimes on Annisha's door:: mimipavilion: ::stands out of the way and observes:: Scott Coleridge: @::Dacia:: How are the radiation levels at present? Dacia Sandero: @ ::checks:: Radiation levels are getting higher the closer we get. Levels are pretty high now, but still within our shield’s tolerance levels. Alexis McFarland: Neesha! ::peers at door:: Chirakis: ::then spots Mimi::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I am not sure how much closer we can get and maintain a level of safety. mimipavilion: ::notices that the Captain has seen her and nods:: Chirakis: ::puts on her best neutral expression::: Good evening, Doctor. Any news? Dacia Sandero: @ Pretty high as it is, but it's your call. mimipavilion: Just a new baby. Scott Coleridge: @ We'll keep at our current distance for now, but we'll see what the probes send back. Dacia Sandero: @interesting. Alexis McFarland: ::Hugs Annisha:: Chirakis: Oh. And whose is it? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The Warren and Nei'rrh were a bit closer, mimipavilion: The Nelsons. Chirakis: The Nelsons. :::she nods, smiling in satisfaction::: The boy they were waiting for. mimipavilion: ::nods, moves next to her, whispers:: Your neutral face isn't your best. Chirakis: ::slight chuckle::: I will keep that in mind. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ We should consider a series of new probes. mimipavilion: ::smiles and nods:: Chirakis: :::Tarisa:: Commander take the con. Doctor, my office for a while? mimipavilion: ::nods and follows:: Alexis McFarland: ::Snuggles Miana, and heads to school with them:: Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: That might help. Chirakis: ::enters and approaches her bar::: Do you drink on duty, or is it forbidden? Scott Coleridge: @::his console beeps with an encrypted notification:: Hmm Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Configuring... mimipavilion: When on duty no. Off duty, yes. Dacia Sandero: @ ::monitoring the rad levels:: Chirakis: And you are... on or off? Chirakis: I also have coffee, or Dr. Davis's tea that she was kind enough to give to me. mimipavilion: On duty, I'll have the tea thanks. Chirakis: Very well. So will I. Tarisa: ::Ears perk up as she looks to the others on CnC.:: Chirakis: :::stands at the bar for a while and returns with the tea::: I'm afraid I cannot furnish the amenities that Dr. Davis has. Will coffee mugs do? mimipavilion: Yes Scott Coleridge: @::decrypts the notification and reads; it's from the secret security detail trailing them:: Chirakis: Excellent. ::hands it to her and relaxes into a chair::: mimipavilion: ::takes the mug and sits:: Tarisa: Miana> ::On the way to school.:: I heard something interesting. Alexis McFarland: Ooh, what did you hear? Tarisa: Miana> That we might have new students. Alexis McFarland: Oooh! I hope they are nice. I wonder who they are. Tarisa: Miana> If what I heard was true, it might be people we already know. Alexis McFarland: Hmm Chirakis: ::after a few sips she sighs::: Doctor... what do you think of taking a family from its fairly comfortable area below decks and placing them in decent quarters? Chirakis: "Fairly comfortable" meaning what they are used to, not necessarily what we would call comfortable. Tarisa: Miana> ::Leans on the hover chair and whispers.:: I heard it might be the boys we met in the lower decks. You know, the ones in that secret club. Scott Coleridge: @::Notification reads: "Large alien vessel has entered nebula within Aegean proximity. Does not seem aware of Aegean presence yet. Will monitor situation. Stay alert.":: Alexis McFarland: Oh, them. I remember them. The dirty boys. mimipavilion: ::raises her brows:: A family.... ::pauses for a moment:: from below decks. ::thinks:: Depends what they call 'comfortable.' Tarisa: Miana> :;Nods.:: They were my neighbors for a night. Chirakis: ::nod:: You are familiar with the boys, Jake and Billy? Alexis McFarland: I hope they weren't too loud for you. Though that's a big upgrade. Alexis McFarland: If I wasn't already used to VIP quarters, I'd be jealous. Tarisa: Miana> I almost did not know they were there. mimipavilion: ::thinks:: I believe so. Word is, but I hope I'm wrong, they report to you or Cayne. Alexis McFarland: And if my parents get reassigned here, that's where I'd move to I'd bet. Tarisa: Miana> ::Perks up.:: We could be neighbors! Alexis McFarland: Mm. Chirakis: They do, and I am concerned for their safety. They know too much, and are not aware of their danger. I would like to bring them to secure quarters "Above" as they say. They and the rest of their group. mimipavilion: ::Nods:: I take you have a place or two in mind for the group. mimipavilion: ::takes a sip:: Alexis McFarland: They seemed nice enough I guess, those boys. Not really my type though. Chirakis: I do. With extra security monitors of which they will not be aware. mimipavilion: ::nods:: This is just a guess, but it's the children's home. Chirakis: No. It is not. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Chirakis: We've been working on additional housing for those below. They will occupy several of those. mimipavilion: ::nods again:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Monitoring shields :: Chirakis: Psychologically, how do you believe that the children will react? Or their parents, for that matter? Dacia Sandero: @: ::Still keeping an eye on the rad levels:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: They spoke funny. Alexis McFarland: Hmm, yes. They did. mimipavilion: I believe they'll be in shock for a bit due to adjusting, but I think they'll be fine. Chirakis: :::she nods, sipping the tea::: Chirakis: 10:55 PM Chirakis: ::her belt beeps and she looks down::: Feel free to stay here for a while and relax, Doctor. I have an urgent message. Scott Coleridge: @ ACTION> The star has continued to pulse in an "active" way, but the frequency of its waves has not intensified further. Neither do they show any sign of diminishing. Alexis McFarland: ::clutches Miana:: You're more my type, Miana. ::smiles and giggles:: Chirakis: :::puts her mug aside and exits her office::: Commander Tarisa, anything new? mimipavilion: ::nods:: Of course, quick question though Nijil tr'Korjata: @ If nothing else we have some more advanced scans. mimipavilion: ::puts her tea down and follows:: Chirakis: ::moves to her console::: Chirakis: (two minutes) Chirakis: ::receives the message and blanks the screen, then turns to Mimi::: Something else, Doctor? mimipavilion: ::rethinks on how to ask her question without everyone else hearing and moves to :: Just an important question. Tarisa: :;Shakes her head as Chirakis enters.:: Not at the moment. Chirakis: Of course. ::nods back to Tarisa::: Chirakis: ::steps aside into a quieter area::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Giggles and purrs as she hugs back.:: mimipavilion: ::follows Chirakis to a quieter area::softly just in case:: What makes this group important to move? Chirakis: That is classified, Doctor. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Understood. Chirakis: As far as they know, they are some of those below who will have new homes. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 5/31/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: Commander, TBS? Scott Coleridge: Hmm Scott Coleridge: What time is it now in game? Chirakis: ::notes his pondering look::: Chirakis: 0900 Scott Coleridge: Let's move it to just after lunch Chirakis: Very well. Just after lunch - 1300 - 1:00 PM Chirakis: Words for the crew? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Nijil tr'Korjata: Nothing here Chirakis: Very well.. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  4. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 5/24/19=/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 7 hours. The time is 0700 hours (7:00 AM) Aegis local. Aegean is approaching Nebula 259b. Their target is a star's electromagnetic waves. Alpha watch is on duty. Our "gremlin" is in custody. There may be more gremlins. Communicating is difficult. Security is keeping close watch on the syndicate leader, Crow. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Jylliene: ::CnC, Ops:: mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::on the Aegean, starting her shift:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::enters Aegean's bridge:: Chirakis: :::CnC OIC::: Johnson Kenyon: ::in Main engineering receiving orders from Lt Little:: Alexis McFarland: ::still snuggled up in bed, asleep:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::probably on the bridge, since there was nobody in sickbay:: Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC Aux OPS mimipavilion: ::in her office specifically nursing a hangover:: Chirakis: (I presume that is someone else's hangover?) Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::checking on the latest scans and updated simulations:: Scott Coleridge: @::also on the bridge:: mimipavilion: (maybe?) Jylliene: ::The usual morning routine, along with worries about Nijil. Which is also the usual.:: Scott Coleridge: @::glances at the NPC on helm:: Ensign Kel, what's our ETA? Chirakis: :::weaving among the stations while monitoring the tactical screen, as usual::: Scott Coleridge: @Ens Kel> We're approaching the fringes of the nebula, arriving at the designated coordinates in seven minutes, Captain. mimipavilion: ::glad she kept a hypo in her desk for such things:: Chirakis: :::stops near Jylliene::: Any word from Aegean? Johnson Kenyon: ::finishing conversation with Lt Little:: Johnson Kenyon: ::moving to console to read Lt Landru's report:: Jylliene: Nothing yet, ma'am. Shall I call for a check-in? Scott Coleridge: @::Kel:: Very good, take us out of warp when we arrive. Chirakis: No check-ins. It could compromise their position. Jylliene: ::nods:: Yes ma'am. Dacia Sandero: @ ::researching the ion particles and other things inhabiting the nebula:: Scott Coleridge: @::Dran:: This is largely your show, Lieutenant. We'll conduct long-range scans, launch probes, do anything else we need to do, and then once we're ready, plunge in. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes sir. Johnson Kenyon: ::to Lt Little:: I think we should set up some proximity sensors in the critical systems to catch the gremlins Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::final check on the sensor pods:: Johnson Kenyon: Lt Little> Arrange it then. Coordinate your efforts with security. Johnson Kenyon: ::to Lt Little:: Do we have a counter measure yet for the odor? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ :::moves over to the Ops station. Updates the sensor timing schedule:: Johnson Kenyon: Lt Little> Ensign Sartrou is working on it.. ::chuckles:: Apparently Vulcans can forgo sleep as they please. Fletcher Jackson: ::it's a very quiet watch so far and he wonders why::: Johnson Kenyon: ::to Little:: Perhaps Ens Sartrou should work with someone in Science Jylliene: ::ponders installation of some kind of tracking collar for Nijil that might register an alarm or restrain him to the station:: Johnson Kenyon: Lt Little> I'll suggest it Fletcher Jackson: ::general stuff - requisitions, requests to dock, someone wants a table at Blubby's... huh???::: Scott Coleridge: @::Dacia:: It'll be interesting to see if we can learn if this phenomenon has much effect on biological tissue. That geologist they rescued... Dr. Burberry? He was on that planetoid for a while, was he not? Any signs of effects from this wave? Johnson Kenyon: Very well, then I'll get with security. Dacia Sandero: @That's right, Dr Burberry. 10 years I think? I am picking up some residual effects which I believe could be from the wave. Johnson Kenyon: ::moves to a quiet section of Main Engineering: +SECURITY+ Lieutenant Kenyon to Security Scott Coleridge: ((Poor Dr. Brubaker)) Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Garand here. Go ahead. Scott Coleridge: @Ens. Kel> Dropping to warp, sir. Dacia Sandero: (yesh) Chirakis: Garand> ::thumbing through reports::: mimipavilion: ::does paperwork:: Dacia Sandero: @::analysing her findings of the energy wave::: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Lt Little suggested I contact Security to arrange for a way to better correct our Gremlin problem. Scott Coleridge: @::keeps an eye on the defenses they've created, though there's relatively little danger this far out:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ I take it you have read Lt Landru's report? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Preliminary scans underway. Chirakis: Garand> Hm... +Kenyon+ We're working on our little friend now, and yes, I read the report. Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ How about you come down here. Things are a little dicey. And you might want to bring a rebreather. :::wry suggestion:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::sets her journal on the edge of the console. Making comparison notes from current scans to previous:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ I'm going to set up some proximity sensors at key systems... do you want to be able to watch them on your console? Tarisa: ::Arrives onto the CnC, looking around before heading to her station.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Err somewhere :: Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Affirmative. Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Dicey? We have our resident Vulcan engineer working on a counter agent to the stink. Fletcher Jackson: ::reaches for his cup, and it's empty:: mimipavilion: ::gets a message that a woman has come in to medical ready to deliver:: Alright then. mimipavilion: ::goes and gets ready for delivery:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Radiation levels within predicted ranges. Our shielding should be good at this distance. Scott Coleridge: @::notes that Nijil will probably be coming on duty soon, now that he has taken extra time to catch up on his sleep per orders:: Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Apparently it's not working as well as we hoped. Or it could be residual odor. Whatever.. it's not comfy down here. ::coughs:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ What have you tried? Scott Coleridge: @ What about once we're in the nebula proper? How close do you think we can get before it becomes an issue? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Getting himself together, but not feeling well. One too many of something or one of the wrong thing :: Chirakis: Garand> ::continues with his reports, giving a cough now and then:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Arrives on the bridge :: Johnson Kenyon: +Ens Sartrou+ Have you found the solution to the stink? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Looking green... :: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ That is actually my biggest question and what started my research. Radiation should be near lethal exposure within 0.8 AU from the star. Dacia Sandero: @ ::glances at Nijil:: You all right? Tarisa: Miana> ::Starting to wake up, after have a bit of a scary night.:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> +Kenyon+ I have discovered that it is a particular mixture of sulfur compounds and I have found something that will lessen the effect Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Na, but I have duties to perform. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ The planet's average orbit was at 0.46 AU. Alexis McFarland: ::stirs in her sleep, shifting positions:: Jylliene: ::quick mental image of Nijil getting a jolt as he tries to board the Nei'rrh; slight grin:: Johnson Kenyon: +Ens Sartrou+ I think Lt Garand would appreciate whatever you can provide him Jylliene: ::returns to the usual duties:: Dacia Sandero: @ If you're feeling unwell, I can check on you. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: takes a station on the bridge, configures it for engineering functions :: Scott Coleridge: Hmm. Chirakis: Garand> :::wandering from his station to the brig where our little gremlin is, and it's looking pretty sad, but he can't do anything about that::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I am not sure much can be done. Scott Coleridge: @ Hmm ::counts on his fingers:: That is... less than 0.8 AU Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> +Kenyon+ I shall report to the brig at once Dacia Sandero: @ ::bit concerned:: Ok, but let me know if you feel worse. Fletcher Jackson: ::stands, grabbing his cup and turns to Jylliene::: Coffee, ma'am? It smells fresh. Jylliene: Please and thank you. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ A cautious approach would be best as we test our shielding capacity. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Oh au will be the first to know. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The shield configuration is optimal. Chirakis: Garand> ::to Schmidt:: Figured out a way to communicate yet? mimipavilion: ::the women is ready and so is Mimi:: Alright ma'am, now... push. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::stopping by Main Engineering to fashion an aerosolizer:: Dacia Sandero: @::resuming her work on the energy waves and its effects:: Scott Coleridge: @ Agreed. ::Kell:: When Lt. Dran is ready, we'll enter the nebula and stop at 0.8 AU from the star for our next tests. mimipavilion: ::she pushed:: Chirakis: Schmidt> ::Garand:: Well, sir, I know quite a few languages, but even the computer can't decipher what it's trying to say. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::jotting more notes as sensor readings come in::The current theory is the waves are dampening the radiation somehow. Johnson Kenyon: ::putting work orders in for proximity alarms at critical points... setting up a few at areas where these gremlins might frequent according to Lt Landru's map:: Fletcher Jackson: :::filling the cups, he also brings her favorite donut::: Here you go, ma'am. ::sets it next to her::: mimipavilion: ::to the woman:: alright, take a moment, now on the next contraction push as hard as you can. Chirakis: Garand> :::eyes the gremlin::: Tried pictures? Jylliene: ::grins:: Thank you again. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Adjustments based on newest scans complete. We should be good to proceed. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Doctor, are there any medical concerns from this wave? Ones that would affect certain people and not others? Jylliene: ::returns to the reports:: Chirakis: Schmidt> ::Garand:: Pictures? Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::aerosolizer collected and loaded, heading to the brig:: Alexis McFarland: ::opens her eyes and starts to wake up, shimmies her way into her hover chair:: Chirakis: Garand> Yes, Ensign. You know.... things that look like what you see? Sketches? Images? mimipavilion: ::the lady pushes on the next contraction:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::walking into the brig area:: Chirakis: Schmidt> ::Garand:: Good idea, sir. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::carrying his aerosolizer... looks at Lt Garand:: Chirakis: Garand> Let me know when you make progress. ::he turns to see Sartrou:: Hello, Ensign. Gonna fix this stinky mess? Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> It's not an immediate remedy, but it will lessen the odor Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> However, I will need to apply it to the source for best efficacy Chirakis: Garand> ::Sartrou:: We sure hope so. ::turns:: Schmidt, I'll be at.... Chirakis: Garand> ::blink:: Apply it to the source? Fletcher Jackson: ::the second cup always tastes better than the first::: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> Did it release an odor or is it the odor? mimipavilion: ::the baby is finally delivered and starts crying, she cuts the cord and tends to the baby while a nurse tends to the mother:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Well, of course it seems the star is in a less active cycle. I would much prefer we test against the waves effect at a distance. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The shields on this vessel are more powerful than that of the Nei'rrh. Chirakis: Garand> It's a continual odor. I'm not sure if it releases the odor or it needs a bath. Alexis McFarland: ::emerges from the bathroom and quickly dresses, a blouse and skirt:: Scott Coleridge: @::dryly:: I'll have to see if we can schedule a follow-up mission during the wet season. Tarisa: Miana> ::Finished getting ready for the day.:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::finds the sciencey wave research fascinating:: mimipavilion: ::takes the baby girl to her parents:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes sir. More data points are always useful. Chirakis: ::wanders toward Tarisa::: Any progress on your research, Commander? Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> I suggest we apply it to our guest, but we can also try the air in here. Chirakis: Garand> Hey, we're game for anything. I can't even go to quarters without the wife telling me how much I stink. Jylliene: ::sips the coffee, approving some requisitions, asking for clarification on others:: Johnson Kenyon: ::making his work orders high priority:: Chirakis: Garand> Let's try the air first. It's a slippery little shi* so going in there is not advised. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> Let's begin by spraying the air then Chirakis: Garand> Do we need to step away? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Coming into range. Beginning primary sensor sweeps. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::begins spraying the air:: No, sir. I believe you may need to be treated as well. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::gets the mission pods set to their various tasks:: Chirakis: Garand> ::turning his head away anyway::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Checks the probe loadouts :: Chirakis: Garand> ::and stepping aside::: Chirakis: 10:45 PM Tarisa: ::Looks up.:: No progress as of yet, Captain. But there is something I would like to discuss. Chirakis: ::nod:: Of course. mimipavilion: ::helps move the family to a more comfortable room and then goes and enters the new member into the system:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::finishes spraying the room:: Tarisa: It might be more appropriate if it were private. It is a concern Lt. Dran shared with me. Chirakis: My office, then. :::turns toward her office::: Commander Kital, you have the con. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ What an area of space. Jylliene: Acknowledged. I have the con. Tarisa: ::Follows Chirakis to her office.:: Dacia Sandero: @ Yeah, it is very interesting innit? Chirakis: Garand> ::sniff.... sniff sniff:::: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::stops spraying:: it may take a bit for full effect, but you should notice some improvement within 10 minutes Chirakis: Garand> I think that actually worked. ::takes a good look at the container::: Do we need to spray regularly? Alexis McFarland: ::eating some breakfast of toast, juice and cereal:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> Only if the source is not treated. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Computer is mapping the inside of the star now. Chirakis: ::enters and offers Tarisa a chair as the door closes behind them::: Johnson Kenyon: ((aerosol spray smell is something like tomatoes)) Scott Coleridge: @ Will you be able to detect if your strangelet suspicions are correct from this distance? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::looking at the raw numbers:: Chirakis: ((Better than the alternative.)) Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::to Lt Garand:: I will leave this with you then and make others. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Probably not. I hope not. If so then it's probably past containment. Chirakis: Garand> ::slight grin:: Thanks. Makes me hungry for home grown tomatoes. Tarisa: ::Takes a seat.:: This will not be long. Lt. Dran is concerned that her current research may be used for weaponization. I too am worried. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> If you are hungry, I can arrange for something to be brought up to you. Tarisa: I offered to bring it up to you, in hopes that you would be able to lock it away once we have found what we are looking for. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The station core may have an easier time with the data sets. Chirakis: ::serious expression::: A valid concern. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Scans ARE showing abnormalities within the star. Something beyond the norm is going on with its structure. Johnson Kenyon: ::heading out with a box of proximity sensors:: Chirakis: Commander, everything that pertains to Lt Dran's research and all information that comes from Aegean's findings are highly classified. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::exiting the brig:: Jylliene: ::paces:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Have we anything like it on record? Jylliene: ::wonders if that's something that one does automatically when they have the con:: Chirakis: However, since you are concerned, we will keep a close watch on it. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ No records I have access to. Fletcher Jackson: :::watching the commander as she paces just like the captain:::weird::: Tarisa: Thank you Captain. That is reassuring. Scott Coleridge: @ I suppose the only thing we can do, then, is get closer. Chirakis: 10:55 PM Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes sir. Scott Coleridge: @ And hope our shields hold up well enough for us to get some answers. Scott Coleridge: @ Helm, take us in to 0.45 AU, just inside that planetoid's orbit. Johnson Kenyon: ::setting up proximity sensors and programming them to relays to engineering and security:: Chirakis: Actually... to add to that... everyone who is allowed in CnC is strictly vetted. If there is any breach, we will know instantly and it will be rectified. Dacia Sandero: @ ::Looks out at the view screen:: Tarisa: ::Nods in relief.:: I understand. Chirakis: If you have further concerns, my door is always open. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I sincerely hope there is no who we need to deal with regarding this star. Chirakis: 10:58 PM Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Interesting. ::taking more notes:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ The proximity alarms are being set up as we speak. I'll send someone from engineering to set up your console to receive them. Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Understood. Scott Coleridge: @ Ens. Kel> 0.45 AU attained, sir. Johnson Kenyon: ::returning to Main Engineering to check the sensors:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Shields functioning. Scott Coleridge: @ Well, we'll soon see what we find from here. Chirakis: (last words) Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes, this range should improve scan resolution. Tarisa: :;Stands.:: Thank you, Captain. ::Quietly exits.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Incoming wave! Oh, look at all those data points. Scott Coleridge: @ACTION> All the alarms on Aegean go off as the star's wave generation spikes and enters an "active" phase without warning. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 5/24/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: NO TBS. Captain Coleridge, comments? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none.. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.