Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NDak

Valdrex

Three Days Ago

The RES Valdrex slowed to impulse; before her, carnage reigned. Under the shadow of cloak, the nimble N’Orexan-class vessel dodged the flying debris of a Jem’Hadar fighter.

“We’re receiving a distress call,” the operations officer called out. “Audio only!”

Ambassador N’Kedre frowned. “Do we have any idea who those attacking vessels are?”

The Federation Ambassador t’Salik looked at the Romulan with a curious glance. “Are you not going to respond to the distress signal?”

The Valdrex lurched as she dodged to avoid a Scorpiad fighter wing. Sitting in the command chair, N’Kedre seemed to think for a moment. “Yes…put it on speakers…”

“This is….Keevan…of the Dominion…”

The transmission ended as an explosion in space jolted through the large floating Vorta Central Command Complex. “Their Communications array has been destroyed. The base won’t last much longer.”

“Elements,” N’Kedre hissed. “Can we get a lock on their location?”

“I think so,” the Operations officer said. “But we’ll have too…”

“I know.”

t’Salik’s eyebrows shot up in classic Vulcan fashion. “You mean to save the Vorta Council?”

N’Kedre opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by yet another hard turn from the helmsman. Once she regained her composure she turned to the Vulcan. “If the Dominion has no leaders,” she explained. “Then it will be only a matter of days maybe weeks before who ever it is out there attacking destroys what is left of the Dominion.”

Nodding her agreement, “I concur.”

“Tactical, stand by all weapons. Helm get us as close to the station as possible. Operations stand by to beam as many of the Vorta aboard as you can, lock onto Keevam and beam him directly to the bridge.”

The crew nodded obediently and did as they’d been instructed. Flying as close to the complex as one could get, dodging weapons fire from both sides had been a little more harrowing than N’Kedre had planned. But at last they’d located the Vorta Council Members.

“This should be quite the surprise for them,” N’Kedre let a slight smile cross her lips. “Drop cloak and initiate transport.”

With a trademark shimmer, the sleek Valdrex decloaked into the heart of battle; a few seconds later a rather surprised Vorta appeared on the bridge, blinking. “By the Founders…”

“Welcome aboard the Valdrex Keevan,” N’Kedre said grinning. “Bring the Shields and Weapons on line, evasive maneuvers.”

Stumbling for words Keevan managed a thank you. The Valdrex shook as the Scorpiad attention turned to the newest combatant. “Ambassador N’Kedre,” he finally remembered her name. “We must retreat.”

“I was waiting for you to say that,” she said. “Send a message in the clear to the lead Dominion ship, all forces are to set course for Camelot Station.”

Keevan nodded. “I have failed the Founders…”

“Not yet you haven’t,” N’Kedre interjected sharply. “So don’t go offing yourself yet. We managed to get several of your Council members in addition to you, they’re currently in medical. Ambassador t’Salik, if you would accompany him?”

The Vulcan nodded.

“Very well then.”

“Sir we’re getting a message from the Dominion Flagship,” the Operations officer said. “They say they’ll follow us through to warp.”

Keevan took a final glance at the massive station being pounded by heavy weapons fire. “May the Founders forgive me.”

“Sir,” the Tactical officer said alarmingly, “The Command Base is going to go any moment now.”

As the last syllables flew from his mouth, the massive station exploded in a brilliant surge. N’Kedre turned her eyes from the screen. “Get us out of here…”