Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chirakis

STSF GM
  • Content count

    2,255
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Chirakis

  1. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 11/26/21 = /\ = 14 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.227 TBS is 3 hours. The time is 12:00 (12:00) Aegis Local USS Missouri has left the area and the ship Duke Slayton has the watch. The freighter Denorian Sector has arrived with oversized cargo; additional cryoll storage is needed. The children relax in the park, clean the area, and plant new flowers. All personnel are more relaxed than they have been for months. In essence, nothing abnormal is happening Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= mimipavilion: ::finishing up somethings, getting ready to go to lunch:: Chirakis: ::relaxing in Chez Antonio, waiting for anyone else who would join them::: Dacia Sandero: ::working in sickbay:: CdrBrown: ::exits the TL near Chez Antonio:: Amanda Davis PhD: ::fresh uniform, enters Chez Antonio::: Dacia Sandero: ::follows Amanda into Chez Antonio:: Scott Coleridge: ::also heading to Chez Antonio, what a coincidence:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Working on the commerce level :: mimipavilion: ::exits her office, goes to tl and orders it to the commerce level:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Ready to go to the cafeteria for lunch.:: CdrBrown: ::enters Chez:: Dacia Sandero: ::finds the others and takes a seat at the table:: mimipavilion: ::exits the tl and goes to Chez Antonio:: Alexis McFarland: ::goes with Miana to the cafeteria:: Tarisa: ::Enters the restaurant, curious why everyone is here.:: Dacia Sandero: ::not sure what's going on either, just got the invite:: Chirakis: :::tells the waiter to be sure there are enough to sit together:: CdrBrown: ::nods to the Captain as he approaches the table:: mimipavilion: ::goes to the table where the others are sitting and takes a seat:: CdrBrown: ::sits down, across from Mimi:: Scott Coleridge: ::sits down:: Good afternoon. Chirakis: ::Two waiters stand by for orders:: Dacia Sandero: ::smiles:: Hello. Alexis McFarland: ::gets her lunch and sits at a table with Miana and Annisha:: CdrBrown: ::signals a waiter:: Tarisa: ::Takes a seat.:: Dacia Sandero: ::Sits next to Tarisa:: Scott Coleridge: I'm going to have the steak and greens. Tarisa: Hello Doctor. ::Smiles at Dacia.:: What seems to be the occasion? Dacia Sandero: ::perusing the menu, smiles back:: I've no idea, I'm afraid. CdrBrown: I will have the fried Calamari to start... Caesar salad, the chicken parmigiana and a tall Centurion Whiskey on the rocks with a splash of ginger ale. Tarisa: I see. ::Also looks through the menu.:: Chirakis: ::looks around and stands ::: Since we've had little time to work together recently, Antonio has closed for our use. Tarisa: Miana> ::Sits with the others, and begins eating her lunch.:: mimipavilion: ::gives her order to the waiter:: Dacia Sandero: I suppose I'll have the salmon, and a garden salad with the house white wine. Alexis McFarland: ::eating her lunch as well, some spaghetti and meatballs Mr. Moht made for her:: Chirakis: :::to the waiter::: The usual, and a good strong ale. Chirakis: Waiter> Of course, Captain. Tarisa: ::Also order the grilled salmon, salad, and sparkling water.:: Chirakis: :::relaxes against the chair:: When you get a chance to talk, please do. Chirakis: :::takes the ale from the waiter, then to anyone else who asked for drinks::: Chirakis: ::when the waiter exits::: If anyone is curious, we can talk privately. Dacia Sandero: ::relaxes in her seat as well:: Scott Coleridge: ::resisting the urge to jinx them all by saying he's happy nothing has gone wrong lately:: CdrBrown: ::grabs his whiskey from the waiter:: Dacia Sandero: ::Sips her wine:: CdrBrown: It has definitely been an interesting year... and well, an interesting couple of decades for me being a part of the crew of Aegis... Chirakis: :::chuckles at Scott::: Dacia Sandero: It certainly has been. Chirakis: ::sips::: Chirakis: :: note: we're in a private room::: CdrBrown: Being in deep space on a station such as this often prevents trips home to the core systems, and having a normal family structure is definitely difficult. But we, in our own way, have become family over the years. ::raises his glass:: to our family, and to keeping it together year in and year out. Chirakis: :::sips her Romulan ale::: Dacia Sandero: ::raises her glass and sips:: Chirakis: :::raises her glass::: Qapua! Tarisa: ::Joins in on the toast.:: mimipavilion: ::raises her glass:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::raises hers as well:: Chirakis: ::downs it and asks for another one::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Realizes he forgot about the dinner thing and stops his conversation :: Chirakis: ::Leans forward:: The team in CnC is working for us. Does anyone have concerns they need to discuss, either privately or with everyone? Scott Coleridge: I am having a very good time. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: "Where is it?" he thought, his internal counterpart not knowing either :: Chirakis: Relaxing, I presume. CdrBrown: ::drinks his whiskey:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looking around he realized just how many places to eat were housed on the commerce level alone, not to mention the smaller places throughout the station :: Chirakis: :::calling the waiter, turns around and quietly asks to have Cdr Korjata be led to the room::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: is lead into the restaurant :: Chirakis: :::stands:: Commander, welcome. Have a seat and I'll call for the waiter. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nods :: I am so sorry, I was in conversation with, err, someone and forgot the time. Chirakis: No problem, Commander. :::waves to the waiter and brings Nijil into the group::: Scott Coleridge: Hi Nijil! Nice to see you. Dacia Sandero: ::nods at Nijil:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Internally he was bombarded with questions :: Yes, jolan tru. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: He turned off the device, just to not create a level of awkwardness he already provided :: Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Very well.... we will move on from there to the 3rd of December. Of course, December 25 is Christmas day and New Year's Day. Therefore, we'll have to decide whether or not we'll have a sim on those days. We won't talk about it now, we'll talk about it later. Chirakis: Thoughts on that? Scott Coleridge: Sounds good. Chirakis: Very well... Nijil tr'Korjata: I'm generally around. Dacia Sandero: Sounds good. I should be around as well. Chirakis: We'll talk about that when it gets close to Christmas and New Year's Day. Chirakis: Any other thoughts? Or ideas? Nijil tr'Korjata: None here, need to write more often, Chirakis: That would be nice. For now... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel..
  2. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 11/19/26 = /\ = 14 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.227 TBS is 3 hours. The time is 12:00 (12:00) Aegis Local Two days later and we are more relaxed than we had been for eons. USS Missouri left the area and the ship Duke Slayton has taken its place. The children and their teachers are back to work, planting the gardens in the park. Security, medical, science, and engineering continue their work as though nothing had ever happened.
  3. The 27th Season begins on the 18 th of August in the year 2388 On the 18th of August in the year 1985, Starbase Aegis was born. Then located in the Canar System, it has since undergone two incarnations: Deep Space Aegis, and the present Sky Harbor Aegis. The station and its crew have endured the Dominion, the Klingon Empire, and the Cardassian Wars, plus countless other threats from within and outside the bounds of Federation space and the Joint Allied Powers. As we begin the new season, the date is 10 August 2388.223. Aegis itself is a strategic base that stands watch between known and unknown areas of space. Led by a powerful group whose resources and abilities have yet to be revealed, the Alien Alliance is building bases on asteroids and planetoids within a string of nebulae that allow them stealth passage from their space to that of the Joint Allied Powers. Their aim is to form a cordon around the Joint Allied Powers, take over Aegis, and use it as a staging ground to conquer the Federation and the Joint Allied Powers. The Alien Alliance has yet to take charge of the Joint Allied Powers, though they continue to try. The Joint Allied Powers are always watching... And they will endure.
  4. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 11/19/21 = /\ = 14 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.227 TBS is 21 hours. The time is 08:00 (08:00) Aegis Local Two days later and personnel on Aegis are more relaxed USS Missouri has left the area and the Duke Slayton has taken control. The children and their teachers are in school. Then they work cleaning up the park. Security, medical, science, and engineering continue their work. In essence, nothing abnormal is happening. For now. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= mimipavilion: ::doing inventory:: Tarisa: Miana> ::In the classroom.:: Chirakis: :::Geared up to take a sweep around Aegis with Drakkor::: Dacia Sandero: ::working in sickbay:: Alexis McFarland: ::sitting next to Miana:: Tarisa: ::In CnC, at her station.:: Jylliene: ::CnC, station:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::in her office, working::: Scott Coleridge: ::arrives on CnC:: Jylliene: ::having coffee, because:: Chirakis: :::slips into Drakkor, nods, closes the hatch, and moves out into space:: Scott Coleridge: Good morning everyone. Tarisa: ::Looks up.:: Good morning, Commander. Jylliene: Morning, Commander. Amanda Davis PhD: :::leaves her office open, looking for Mimi::: Alexis McFarland: ::writing some stuff on her PADD:: Dacia Sandero: ::checking on the patients in sickbay:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Taking some notes as well.:: mimipavilion: ::in a storage room:: Scott Coleridge: ::looking at overnight reports:: We're going to need to clear out more storage for this incoming freighter from the Denorian Sector. Looks like they have some oversized cargo. Jylliene: ::starts looking at where they can shift storage:: Jylliene: Any of the cargo need any special handling? mimipavilion: ::steps out of the storage room:: Chirakis: @ :::checking the Drakkor once more, then lifts off to slip into space and take a look at the exterior of Aegis, exchanges information with Captain Dyer, then moves off::: Scott Coleridge: ::squints at the fine print:: I think they said all their cargo is deceased. Jylliene: ....sorry, what? Jylliene: Did you say deceased? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters CnC of all things :: Jylliene: ::look of utter incredulity:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::takes a look at her information for Mimi one more time::: mimipavilion: ::to self:: Glad that's done. Tarisa: ::Has a puzzled look.:: Scott Coleridge: Yes, looks like they are transporting "big game" from a hunting planet. Scott Coleridge: They claim they have proper cryo storage but we might want to get engineering to prep something for that. Jylliene: ::sighs:: That'll also all need inspection to ensure none of it coming through is illegal. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: An engineering kit in hand, Nijil went to give the CnC systems their annual checkup :: Amanda Davis PhD: ::hearing Mimi, Amanda looks around for her::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: He tapped is temple to quiet the translator for the benefit of others :: Jylliene: ::seeing that Nijil is there, but fixated on his work, she preps a request to send to engineering for additional cryo storage:: mimipavilion: ::sighs and walks towards her office:: Chirakis: @ :::checking over the area of Aegis::: Nijil tr'Korjata: (I'd like a Cryo sandwich please) Scott Coleridge: ((No snacking in people's cargo)) Amanda Davis PhD: :::looks up::: Dr Pavilion? ::waves:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nijil makes his way up to Jylliene :: mimipavilion: ::hears her name and looks:: Oh Amanda, hi! Jylliene: ::smiles at Nijil:: Amanda Davis PhD: ::moving toward her::: Oh my.... it's been a few days and I almost have my work done! I'll send it to you. Nijil tr'Korjata: Check your console ma'am? mimipavilion: Oh good. Jylliene: By all means. Jylliene: I sent along a request, by the way. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Flips up his PADD :: Oh, more cryo storage? Chirakis: @ ::Drakkor rounds the area, looking for information and passing it on::: mimipavilion: It seems to be a crazy few days. Amanda Davis PhD: :::on approach:: A crazy few days, yes. But I'd enjoy a few more days like this. mimipavilion: ::smirks:: This is Aegis. I wouldn't hold your breath. Scott Coleridge: That looks like the only special request to cross my desk last night. Jylliene: We have incoming cargo that may need it. ::to Nijil:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks at his storage options :: We have three units in cargo bay 7. Amanda Davis PhD: :::sighs::: Can't quite hold my breath, but I might have to. Jylliene: Partially used, though. This is apparently hunting game coming in. mimipavilion: I know. Jylliene: So if there's any they're planning to consume, we'd want those units empty and sterilized to avoid cross-contamination with anything that could render their cargo inedible. Chirakis: @ :::jumps into space well away from Aegis, sweeps over, then returns:::: Nijil tr'Korjata: Hunting game? You piqued Muuhi's interest. Are we having guests? Jylliene: Cargo coming in; their prior stop was a hunting refuge planet. Jylliene: They have some cryo storage, but we probably should be prepared to provide additional just in case. Nijil tr'Korjata: Hmm, I hardly get a chance to see what comes in unless they need repairs. Amanda Davis PhD: ::to Mimi and Dacia:: Coffee or tea? Dacia Sandero: OOh, I'll have a tea thanks :smiles:: mimipavilion: ::shakes her head:: I got to send in this inventory list and requisition list. Amanda Davis PhD: Tea it is. Amanda Davis PhD: ::to Mimi::: Then coffee or tea to relax? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Waves his scanner over her console :: mimipavilion: No thanks. Scott Coleridge: I'm just happy we're seeing traffic returning to previous levels finally. Chirakis: @ ::Drakkor flips over, turning back to the station:: Chirakis: @ :::strange feeling about this:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Kids are doing fine, last I checked. Dacia Sandero: Thanks. mimipavilion: ::goes to her office to send the lists:: Chirakis: @ :::moves in, sets down in the bay, removes her helmet and slips down, handing her gloves to the corpsman:: Chirakis: :::walking casually through the bay and enters the lift::: CnC. Chirakis: ::exits to CnC and nods to the Scott::: Scott Coleridge: Captain. Nijil tr'Korjata: Dinner tonight? Nijil tr'Korjata: I promise I won't work over Chirakis: Anything new I should know about? Jylliene: That would be nice. Jylliene: ::ponders just saying "a bunch of dead things inbound" in answer to Chirakis's question to Scott:: Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: Everything is optimal. Chirakis: :::chuckles to both:: Understood. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you mimipavilion: ::freeze frame:: Chirakis: Well, then....we'll soon be moving on. Scott Coleridge: Sounds good Chirakis: Okay... next week is American Thanksgiving, which is Thursday the 25th. Does anyone have a problem with that? mimipavilion: no Scott Coleridge: I am in Canada, so no! Alexis McFarland: Same here, so also no! Jylliene: Unsure at the moment. Nijil tr'Korjata: I'll probably be around. Jylliene: Not planning to be anywhere, just not sure what the inlaws may have planned Chirakis: Well, think about it. I'll be around. Chirakis: TBS will be 12pm (lunch time that is) Chirakis: Very well... questions or answers for the crew? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Seeing none... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  5. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief = /\ = 14 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.227 TBS is 21 hours. The time is 08:00 (08:00) Aegis Local Two days later and personnel on Aegis are more relaxed. USS Missouri has left the area and the Duke Slayton has taken control. The children and their teachers are back to work, after which the children are working in the park. Security, medical, science, and engineering continue their work. In essence, nothing abnormal is happening. For now.
  6. Between Worlds Captain Chirakis Captain d’Ka Captain Je’rit d’Ka, the commanding officer of USS Missouri, is not often seen on Aegis except in Command and Control. He is Sindarin, one of the very few of his species allowed outside Sindar territory. He is also the only one attached to Starfleet Command, and the one who commands the USS Missouri, the USS Iowa, the USS Calgary, and the USS Toronto. Occasionally he appeared with Captain Chirakis, his bond mate, in a private room at Chez Antonio. Sometimes they discussed information in Kirel’s office. Today it was Chez Antonio for a long talk and more than one drink of Romulan ale. “You are extremely focused, Kh’éile*,” Kirel implied as she set her drink aside and leaned on the table. For some reason, Je’rit was completely focused in a way she had never seen. To her, he was obviously thinking, and, as a Sindarin, the color of his pupils changed from lavender, to blue, then to a deep hazel hue as he concentrated. “Extremely focused Kh’éile?” d’Ka asked without turning. “I would say intensely is a more appropriate word. Or perhaps curious, wondering how you went into… then came out of subspace.” He waited for her answer, and when she did not answer he turned to face her. “I have no idea, Je’rit. Have you an answer to the question?” “I do not.” He leaned back with a sigh. “Very well. We do not have an answer, but we do have a theory.” That stopped him cold. “A theory?” “Yes, a theory, but it is not mine.” ________________________ Kh’éile* - The formal word for bond-mate
  7. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 11/12/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 21 hours. The time is 08:00 (18:00) Aegis Local Aegean has swept away the phenomenon around Aegis. USS Missouri, USS Iowa, and USS Nimitz have left the area. The Duke Slayton remained to monitor the region. USS Missouri has docked on Aegis to monitor the area. Those aboard Aegis enjoyed relaxing in the commerce area. Children splashed and played in the water. Kirel and Je’rit are pulled into and through the waterfall. Yes, they need new uniforms. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: ::in her office on CnC, closed doors::: Cptn d'Ka: ::with Kirel, listening::: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::filing reports on a number of long running projects that have finally wrapped up:: Jylliene: ::CnC, with coffee, monitoring the blessedly normalish goings-on, standard courses of incoming/outgoing vessels projected, etc.:: Chirakis: ::Admiral Solokov, CO Rendezvous October, several parsecs away from Aegis,::: Scott Coleridge: ::arrives on CnC:: Cptn d'Ka: ::leaning back, listening to the Admiral::: Dacia Sandero: ::reclines in her seat, working on some reports:: mimipavilion: ::working on some reports as well:: Chirakis: ::to Solokov:: Should we bring him in? Alexis McFarland: ::relaxing in her room:: Chirakis: ::listening to Solokov::: Chirakis: Very well. Captain d'Ka, do you agree with this? Cptn d'Ka: I do. Scott Coleridge: ::takes his seat on the CnC:: Chirakis: ::nods, stands and steps into CnC::: Jylliene: ::nods to Chirakis:: Scott Coleridge: Good morning, Captain. Chirakis: Good morning Number One :::nods in his direction:: And you, Cdr Kital. Chirakis: Cdr Kital, take his place in CnC. I will be in my office. ::looks at Scott::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Walking down a corridor with his new friend emanating from the disc on his temple :: Jylliene: Yes ma'am. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Logs into his station :: Jylliene: ::takes position:: Scott Coleridge: ::follows Chirakis into her office:: Chirakis: ::leads Scott into the office, closes and locks the door::: Please sit. Scott Coleridge: ::takes a seat:: Chirakis: Commander Coleridge, Admiral Solokov, CO of Rendezvous October..... Scott Coleridge: Admiral Chirakis: Admiral, Commander Coleridge is not familiar with Rendezvous October. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: As Nijil speaks out loud, people give him looks as he passes by :: Cptn d'Ka: ::watching, listening:: Chirakis: Solokov> Greetings Commander Coleridge. Scott Coleridge: Why do I feel like this is one of those things where I get read into more classified information? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Walks into engineering, waving at his morning shift as he makes his way to the console :: Chirakis: Solokov>Probably because we have classified information that will not go outside this office. Is that clear? Chirakis: Solokov> :::waits, gently but judging his character::: Jylliene: ::watching the console:: Scott Coleridge: Of course, sir. Chirakis: Solokov> Very well.... Chirakis: Solokov> Are you familiar with Ragor Tal? Scott Coleridge: I am aware of him and that he has designs on Aegis. Chirakis: Solokov> ::nods:: That is true. However, we have found another accomplice, but he and his cohorts are not with Ragor Tal. He is forming a new group.... Scott Coleridge: Love it when they form spin-off bands. Chirakis: Solokov> We are assuming that this person ::pictures on screen:: whose name is Kraka Malcolm, is trying to take over this area of space. Now... Chirakis: Solokov> ...we have no idea if this is true, but it seems to be and we are watching him closely. ::leans back:: Since he is familiar with Ragor Tal and would like to take over Aegis, we are watching him closely. Scott Coleridge: I don't suppose there's any chance the two of them might have a falling out and fight each other instead of us? Chirakis: Solokov> Possible. Chirakis: Solokov> Or they may join together. That we do not know. Chirakis: Solokov> :::turns to Kirel:: Anything from you, Captain? Cptn d'Ka: :::watching even more closely::: Chirakis: No sir. Not at this point. We will, however, be watchful and keep you informed. Scott Coleridge: ::notices no one tells him what "Rendezvous October" is but makes a point of not asking:: Chirakis: Solokov> And you, Captain d'Ka? Cptn d'Ka: I cannot speak to this, or anything similar. It is the Sindar code. Chirakis: Solokov> Very well. Then take over for now, Captain Chirakis. That is all. ::he disappears::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looking over the work board :: Chirakis: ::turns to Scott::: I'm sure that you have many questions, but allow your brain to relax for a while. Then come to my office and we will talk. Chirakis: Any questions at the moment? Scott Coleridge: Just one... Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc Muuhi > What are you looking at if I may ask? Chirakis: Very well. Scott Coleridge: How are you doing? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nijil broke out of his stupor :: Oh, a list of what needs done around the station. Chirakis: I am doing well, thank you. Or did you mean something else? Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc Muuhi > The colors indicate...? Scott Coleridge: Well, before our last situation you seemed... reluctant to take on your full duties. I'm wondering if that has changed. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Gives a puzzled look :: Severity of the repair. Wait, you can't read this, can you? Chirakis: Changed? Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc Muuhi > You could not read Yith either when you arrived. The real Muuhi was not going to mess with your language centers to have this synthetic version access. Scott Coleridge: Are you planning to resume your full duties as station commander? Chirakis: I am. Scott Coleridge: ::lets out a relieved sigh:: Good. Chirakis: There is much to do when on a station like Aegis. mimipavilion: ::finishes up the last of the stack of reports that were invading her desk for the time being:: Chirakis: :::stands:: One thing at a time, Number One. Remember that nothing goes outside this office. Scott Coleridge: Yes, sir. Scott Coleridge: ::stands to leave:: Chirakis: Sir? Chirakis: ::slight smirk:: Scott Coleridge: Ma'am. Chirakis: Very well. :::opens the door::: We will talk about this bit by bit. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Comments from the crew? Nijil tr'Korjata: I was dealing with a chat issue, but got some lines in mostly talking to a disc on my head. Chirakis: Very well. Anyone else? Chirakis: Okay. I've decided to move forward a few days. That will allow all of us to work on other things. Nijil tr'Korjata: Sounds good Scott Coleridge: Cool Chirakis: Two days later, then. Chirakis: Anyone else? Chirakis: Then.. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  8. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 21 hours. The time is 08:00 (18:00) Aegis Local Aegean has swept away the phenomenon around Aegis. USS Missouri, USS Iowa, and USS Nimitz have left the area. The Duke Slayton remained to monitor the region. USS Missouri has docked on Aegis to monitor the area. Most Missouri personnel are aboard; others took turns on monitoring the ship and Aegis. Those aboard Aegis enjoyed relaxing on the commerce area. Children played games in the park while their parents relaxed on the grass and stared into space. Many walked leisurely through the commerce deck, gazing into windows and trying to decide what they should buy. Above that level several relaxed, drank, or leaned back to listen to those below. The level above was more expensive, especially Chez Antonio and Drankum’s Bar. A cascading waterfall gave a cool breeze to those who were close enough. Children were allowed to splash through the water as long as their parents were present. Most adults sat at a table away from the falls, knowing what might happen if there was too much splashing and playing. Unfortunately—or perhaps fortunately—the children watched Kirel, Je’rit, and Scott sit down close to the waterfall to relax and enjoy the evening. Whispers among the children didn’t seem unusual until Kirel and Je’rit were pulled into and through the waterfall. Parents gasped and began to pull the officers out, but they were already playing with the children. Soaked from head to toe, and glad that their uniforms would endure it, they eventually pulled themselves out of the water. Yes, it was time to go.
  9. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 11/5/21 = /\ = 13 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.226 TBS is 11 hours. The time is 8:am (08:00) Aegis Local. Aegis has returned to normalcy Except when the children push D'Ka and Chirakis into the pool. The Aegean and its personnel are docked USS Iowa and USS Nimitz have returned to duty. The Deke Slayton remains to monitor the area. The USS Missouri is berthed on A-5, ready to leave at a moment’s notice. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Jylliene: ::takes a sip of coffee on CnC at her console:: Dacia Sandero: ::working in sickbay:: Chirakis: :::pacing through CnC, answering questions:::: Cptn d'Ka: :::flipping through information regarding the fleet::: Alexis McFarland: ::sleeping in her bed still:: Tarisa: ::At her station on CnC.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Working at a table in medical with a set of engineering and medical instruments. Nijil drew his attention to the small comm badge-shaped disc in his hand :: mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Chirakis: :::and it's time for coffee:::::steps down to hand Jyllene a fresh cup::: Annisha: :: Sitting next to the waterfall in the park, letting the white noise of the crashing water take her away :: Cptn d'Ka: ::information from Cdr Lei'ri::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Cayne looked over the early morning scans. The computer could do it, but he felt better taking a gander himself :: Jylliene: ::smiles at Chirakis:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Also in the park. She has a baggy full of breakfast sandwiches. She hands one to Annisha.:: I think Alexis is still sleeping... ::Sits and gets out a sandwich and juice for herself.:: Jylliene: Thank you, ma'am. Chirakis: ::standing beside her::: Most welcome. Alexis McFarland: ::heading down to the waterfall, after Moht hands her a picnic basket:: +Miana+ I overslept. I'm heading down ... Chirakis: There is a strangeness in the silence this morning. Jylliene: We're not used to silence. It is strange. And nice. Annisha: I'm becoming an early riser. Why would the universe do this to me? Alexis McFarland: ::riding a turbo lift down to the park:: Cptn d'Ka: ::: finds his cup::: Indeed it is. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Scanning the disc :: Cptn d'Ka: ::Handing a PADD to Kirel::: Jylliene: ::nods to d'Ka in agreement. Dacia Sandero: How're the scans going? ::Nijil:: Alexis McFarland: ::exits and heads to the waterfalls a few minutes later:: Chirakis: ::coffee down, scans through the information and looks up, somewhat stymied::: Alexis McFarland: ::waves at Miana and Annisha:: Cptn d'Ka: Interesting, is it not? Nijil tr'Korjata: With my lack of medical knowledge this interface is taking longer than I anticipated. Annisha: :: Does a malformed Vulcan salute :: Chirakis: Indeed it is. Alexis McFarland: ::returns the Vulcan salute:: Live long and prosper. Nijil tr'Korjata: Muuhi is helping, but it's not really her. Tarisa: Miana> ::waves:: Annisha: War and a short life. :: laughs :: Nijil tr'Korjata: This disc was given to me a long time ago. Should do the same thing now as it did then. Alexis McFarland: ::giggles, sits next to Miana and Annisha:: Alexis McFarland: This is nice... Nijil tr'Korjata: I may have gotten this synthetic personality out of my head, but the future possibilities are intriguing. Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods while sipping her juice.:: Annisha: The waterfall? Block out the noise of the station. Can you hear it? I couldn't until my father pointed it out. Now it's all I hear. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Taps the disc, but only a static sounding voice could be heard :: Alexis McFarland: I hear it. It's pretty loud from here. I wonder why I never noticed it before. ::puts out some sandwiches and cupcakes:: mimipavilion: ::finishes with reviews from the night before and goes and checks on Nijil:: Chirakis: ::::into her office to send coded information to October:::: mimipavilion: ::finds Nijil and Dacia:: How's it going in here? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Stays silent, but the voice was still distorted :: Dacia Sandero: Going all right.. I wish I could help, but my technical know-how on these things are pretty limited. Cptn d'Ka: If you would, Commander Kital, send this information to Starfleet Command. Jylliene: Yes Sir. Nijil tr'Korjata: My engineering is...fine, but I don't deal in neural matters. Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc: I m ot su e thi isss go g o rk. Jylliene: ::gets info ready to transfer:: Alexis McFarland: ::lays on the grass, feeling the cool mist of the falls:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Oh, that's better. Annisha: This is the best place on the station. mimipavilion: ::hears the disembodied voice:: That's progress. Alexis McFarland: Mmm, I agree. I like it here. Jylliene: ::begins transfer:: Chirakis: :::receives information from Rendezvous October::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Lays back, stretching.:: Mmmhmm... Jylliene: Transfer is underway, sir. Chirakis: Thank you, Commander. Dacia Sandero: ::nods:: Alexis McFarland: ::eating one of those Japanese fruit sandwiches Mr. Moht made:: Cptn d'Ka: ::turns to Kirel::: Indeed. Thank you. Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc: How long is this going to take? :: a female-feline voice erupted from the disc, being much louder than expected. Her voice echoed both in voice and in Nijil's head, knocking him off his chair :: Alexis McFarland: ::watches some of the other kids climb the rocks of the waterfalls:: Jylliene: My pleasure. mimipavilion: ::sees Nijil fall from the chair:: Obviously not long ::helps Nijil up:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Finds himself on the floor :: That was too loud. Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > You can all hear me now? I did not think Nijil up to the task. I think some of the work was done for him. Chirakis: Security> :::stops to turn::: Children, off the rocks and waterfall. Now is not the time or the place. Alexis McFarland: ::watches Security tell the kids off:: Uh oh.. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nijil took the disc in his hand and placed it on his temple :: Chirakis: Security> And do your teachers realize that you are not the schoolyard? Alexis McFarland: Kids> Aww.. ::climbs down from the rocks:: mimipavilion: Yes we can. Alexis McFarland: I guess the Romulan school is already open huh? They still haven't told us when our school will reopen. Chirakis: Security> Come with me to security. I believe that your parents will be waiting for you. Annisha: Was this not a Saturday? Alexis McFarland: Was it? Yes, it is. Chirakis: Security Officer 2> Saturday or not, you are not allowed in this area without adults, and certainly not allowed in or around the waterfall. Alexis McFarland: ::checks her PADD:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: Annisha: This is an adult only waterfall? Alexis McFarland: Kids were here last night.. Cptn d'Ka: :::in Kirel's office, sending information to October and the Sindarin::: Alexis McFarland: I can have asked Mr Moht to come down and accompany us. Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > Guess the cat is out of the bag. You found the implant I placed in Nijil's neural memory. Tarisa: Miana> ::Sits up.:: I heard some of the kids say a couple of captains fell in the water. Annisha: More like Captain Clumsy. Alexis McFarland: I wonder who that is? Tarisa: Miana> ::Shrugs:: Chirakis: :::standing next to Jylliene, watching and listening:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > Nijil, you need to turn your head. I can't see your two friends. Nijil tr'Korjata: Oh, sure. :: turns to face the doctors :: Dacia Sandero: ::watches:: mimipavilion: ::observes:: Alexis McFarland: ::eats her sandwich:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > Sadly this is not the real Doctor Muuhi, but greetings all the same. I was also the source of his early headaches. Any now are his own doing. Dacia Sandero: Hmm.. I see. Chirakis: Security Officers> :::enters security with the children: :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > He talked about all of you Sandero. Chirakis: :::walking around CnC:: More coffee, Commander Kital? Chirakis: Lt Garand> What the... :::looking over the wet children::: Jylliene: Think I may need it. Jylliene: And again, thank you. Nijil tr'Korjata: At least no one will think me crazy. :: turns to Mimi :: I thought I was having a nervous breakdown, hearing voices, strange dreams. Alexis McFarland: ::watched security haul off the kids who were climbing the waterfall, from their spot in the grass away from the falls:: mimipavilion: I guess you weren't. Tarisa: Miana> Their parents will not be in a good mood. Alexis McFarland: No, I imagine not. Chirakis: We both need more, Commander. :::hands her a fresh cup::: Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > He's a managed crazy. Alexis McFarland: Wet Kids> ::not looking forward to when their parents come by:: mimipavilion: ::smirks:: Jylliene: ::raises the cup to her in thanks:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > If it makes you feel better, a copy of your personality is in the real Muuhi. An exchange of information. A part of your Federation. Alexis McFarland: ::offers Miana and Annisha a fruit sandwich:: mimipavilion: hmm Alexis McFarland: Well, you can't climb the waterfalls. That's good to know... though you can be under it and drag in random captains with you. ::giggles:: Tarisa: Miana> Yay ::Takes sandwich.:: Chirakis: Lt Garand> ::to the children::: Sit here. ::points::: Do not move. I'm sure your parents will not be happy when they come to get you. Alexis McFarland: Mr. Moht> ::arrives and stands nearby, just in case they still needed an adult with them too:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nijil looked a bit taken aback :: Chirakis: Garand> Or would you rather sit in the brig, wet and dirty? Jylliene: ((They're not real big on asking before they do things, are they?)) Alexis McFarland: ((Nah, kids be like that lol)) Annisha: Mr. M :: waves :: Jylliene: ((I meant Muuhi.)) Alexis McFarland: Mr. Moht> ::nods, watches the trees:: Jylliene: ((Kids be like that, indeed.)) Cptn d'Ka: :::working in Kirel's office::: Nijil tr'Korjata: (No, none are real cats ) Alexis McFarland: Kids> ::would rather not be in the brig:: Cptn d'Ka: ::information from Rendezvous October comes back and sends it over to Kirel:: Cptn d'Ka: :::also sends it to Cdr Lei'ri::: Nijil tr'Korjata: Another me? In the past? Alexis McFarland: ::watches the waterfalls:: Ah..::lays on the grass again:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Disc-Muuhi > Yes, though I doubt he is speaking aloud. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you mimipavilion: ::freeze frame:: Chirakis: Interesting tonight. Cptn d'Ka: Indeed it is. Chirakis: Stand by... Chirakis: We will move on from here to 2 pm. Chirakis: Very well done tonight. Chirakis: Does anyone have a comment or question? Chirakis: Anything from Cdr Korjata? Chirakis: Seeing none... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  10. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 11/05/21 = /\ = 13 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.226 TBS is 11 hours. The time is 8:am (08:00) Aegis Local Aegis has returned to normalcy, except when the children pull Chirakis and D’Ka into the pool with the children. The Aegean and its personnel are docked. USS Iowa and USS Nimitz have returned to duty elsewhere. The Deke Slayton remains to monitor the area. The USS Missouri is berthed on level A-5, ready to leave at a moment’s notice.
  11. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/29/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 9 hours. The time is 7:pm (19:00) Aegis Local Aegean personnel have returned to Aegis. USS Missouri accompanied Aegean as a precaution. USS Iowa and USS Nimitz have returned to duty elsewhere. The Deke Slayton remained in the area to monitor the region. The gravitational waves within the phenomenon have disbursed. So far, Aegis has returned to normalcy. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: ::in her office sitting with her bond mate::: mimipavilion: ::off duty, in her quarters:: Cptn d'Ka: :::D'ka, relaxed in his chair::: Scott Coleridge: ::officially coming off duty, but in his office to write a report on the Aegean mission first:: CdrBrown: ::off duty, drinking a beer at Drankums:: Dacia Sandero: ::relaxing in her quarters as well:: Tarisa: ::Relaxing after returning to the station.:: Alexis McFarland: ::playing some games on her PADD after dinner:: Chirakis: ::stands to peer through the window that children are enjoying...well... everything::: Cptn d'Ka: :::sets his drink down to go to the window::: They do enjoy watching each other drift into the pool. CdrBrown: ::takes a sip, and takes notes on his PADD:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters medical with an engineering kit and another small box :: Scott Coleridge: ::since this is a command report, he tries to leave technical analysis to Tarisa and Nijil and focuses on the mission events:: Chirakis: ::Leaning back against the window, arms crossed::: We should go down to watch them play. Cptn d'Ka: ::putting down his glass::: Of course. Why not? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: walks up to a medical bed to help him construct his device :: Chirakis: ::pushing off from the window::: As some say, "let's go for it". Cptn d'Ka: And the children would not be frightened if they see me? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Opens up his kit, gets out a small disc from the other box :: CdrBrown: ::looks around Drankums and doesn't see anyone he usually associates with:: Chirakis: Well... some may and some may not. Your choice. Dacia Sandero: ::drinking a glass of wine, watching some holo-show:: Cptn d'Ka: :::after a thought::: Perhaps. Alexis McFarland: ::eating some snacks as she continues to play her holo games:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Hooks up an ODN line to the disc, the other end with a neural sensor on it to his temple :: Chirakis: Very well. ::exits her office with her bond-mate:: Officer Gidry, you have the conn. We'll be in the courtyard. Cptn d'Ka: :::steps out::: Scott Coleridge: ::finishes his report and leaves his office:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Pops up at the top corner of Alexis' holo.:: What are you playing? Chirakis: ::some who seldom see d'Ka watch him stroll past::: Scott Coleridge: ::sees Chirakis and d'Ka leaving Chirakis' office at the same time:: Captains. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: He started tuning the disc with some of the tools from his kit :: Chirakis: ::turns::: Commander Coleridge. Good to have you back. Scott Coleridge: It's good to be back. Chirakis: Indeed it is. Cptn d'Ka: :::light smile::: Scott Coleridge: Calling it a night? Alexis McFarland: Miana! ::smiles:: I'm playing a princess cart game. There's still space in the server if you wanted to join in. ::pops a chip in her mouth:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: A small voice sounds out of the disc :: Chirakis: ::steps into the lift::: Actually, no. We're going to watch the children splash in the waterfall. Tarisa: Miana> Oooo okay! Tarisa: Miana> ::Logs in.:: Alexis McFarland: Yes.. ::smiles:: It'll be fun. Chirakis: Come with us, Number One? Chirakis: Or.... rest. Cptn d'Ka: :::steps into the lift::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Hears something, but it's having trouble extracting the voice just right :: Chirakis: Fresh bottles of ale have arrived if you're interested. Chirakis: ::Holding back the lift, waiting for Scott's decision::: Scott Coleridge: ::enters the lift:: Don't mind if I do. Alexis McFarland: ::hooks up her controller to the big holo-screen in her room:: Chirakis: Excellent. :::closes the door::: To the waterfall. That should refresh our bodies. Annisha: :: Lighting up her room with the holoprojector :: Alexis McFarland: Hey, if you want you can come over... I got snacks. ::grabs a jumja juice, next to her bowl of chips and some fruit Mr Moht prepared for her:: Cptn d'Ka: ::can think of a hundred things that could make us act like children::: Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: By the way, I know we're off duty, but I have to ask … there are a lot of communiques from Command just sitting unanswered. Did you... is that something you’d like me to take care of? Tarisa: Miana> ::Suddenly logs out. It doesn't take long for Alexis to hear the door chime.:: Chirakis: ::Holds the door closed::: Alexis McFarland: Mr Moht> ::opens the door for Miana and gestures towards Alexis' room:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Waves to the large man before running into Alexis' room.:: Alexis McFarland: ::smiles:: Hey again. ::hands Miana a spare controller:: Chirakis: :::slow nod::: Command is always unanswered Number One. Let's enjoy the evening instead. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Removes the ODN cable and places the disc on his other temple :: Chirakis: I’ll help you with Command. Tarisa: Miana> ::Sits down, taking the controller.:: Yay Nijil tr'Korjata: :: He hears her approximate voice from the disc and pleased it worked :: Chirakis: :::allows the lift to open and she steps out to lead the others toward the waterfall:::: Alexis McFarland: ::smiles and sits next to Miana:: Yay ::turns on the game and logs into the server:: Want to hit that waterfall tomorrow? Cybil told me it's open again. Chirakis: :::as they walk::: Ale, Number One, or otherwise? Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: Sounds like fun! Cptn d'Ka: ::walks with them:: Alexis McFarland: ::Nods and chooses her player and cart:: I would go today, but still kinda tired after our day at the park. Scott Coleridge: Something non-alcoholic, I'm going to bed soon. Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: All that cleaning... Alexis McFarland: Yeah, at least we finished. Chirakis: Very well. :::stops next to Chez Antonio:: One none-alcoholic and two ales. CdrBrown: ::looks up as the waitress brings his cheese curds in a to-go cup:: Thank you. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: He closed up his kit and double-tapped the disc :: Alexis McFarland: The gardener guy said we did a good job, so that's nice ::eats a chip:: mimipavilion: ::chatting it up with Loxil, t'Merniq and t'Pentha. Cptn d'Ka: :::standing straight and walking with them. The colors of his eyes and his gentle pace nod to the children. The children stop playing to watch something they had never seen::. CdrBrown: ::finishes off the beer, grabs his padd and cup of curds, and stands to exit Drankums:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: He seemed nice. Alexis McFarland: ::controls her cart and moves around the other players, fires a hermit crab shell at one of her opponents:: Yeah, I talked to him before.. he's nice. CdrBrown: ::exits the bar and heads for the nearest large observation window:: Chirakis: Pick up your glasses and we'll sit by the water, if that is something either one of you would like. Cptn d'Ka: ::picks up his ale, nods, and points to a table close to the waterfall::: Scott Coleridge: ::grabs his drink and follows:: Cptn d'Ka: It's been a while since I've been able to rest. Alexis McFarland: ::sips her glass of gelatinous jumja juice:: Chirakis: :::finds a good table and sits:: Now... relax and enjoy. Chirakis: :::the eyes of the children who are watching them get wider as Je’rit sits down::: Alexis McFarland: Moht> ::brings in some starfruit pie and ice cream and quickly leaves:: CdrBrown: ::pops a juicy cheese curd in his mouth as he stares out at the field of stars:: Cptn d'Ka: :::sits very close to the water::: Scott Coleridge: ::sips his drink and tries not to yawn:: Chirakis: ::hears the children whispering, then pointing, then nodding their heads::: Cptn d'Ka: :::watching the children play and look at them at the same time::: Chirakis: :::relaxing... a lot:::: Alexis McFarland: ::moves closer to Miana as they start another race:: Hopefully, I get better luck this race. Chirakis: :::within a minute or two, the children slosh through the water toward the adults::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Reaches the commerce level :: CdrBrown: ::turns to the left and begins a leisurely stroll towards the lift, taking the long way:: Cptn d'Ka: ::Leaning toward Kirel:: I believe that something will happen very soon…::very slight grin::. Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: Better than me. Alexis McFarland: ::giggles:: I'm not too good at this game yet. But it's fun! Chirakis: ACTION> The children grab d'Ka and Kirel and pull them into the waterfall shouting "YAAAAAA" Chirakis: ::something d'Ka and Kirel did not expect, of course::: Scott Coleridge: ::pleased he has been left out of this chaos:: Alexis McFarland: (I guess we know who's going pull the weeds in the park next time ) Chirakis: (but it's so much fun::: Alexis McFarland: (lol) Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Now there's something to watch for. Chirakis: I hope d'Ka has a new uniform. Cptn d'Ka: ::snicker:: Chirakis: Very well... TBS will be the next day, perhaps 8am? Scott Coleridge: Sounds good Chirakis: Excellent. Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? CdrBrown: none here Chirakis: Anything from Commander Coleridge? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Seeing none.... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel. mimipavilion: night all see ya next week Nijil tr'Korjata: Night all CdrBrown: have a great week everyone! Chirakis: And yes, we'll be wet. Tarisa: night night Chirakis: Good night to all who are leaving. Alexis McFarland: Goodnigt Chirakis: See you next week when, and bring your towels.
  12. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/29/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 9 hours. The time is 7:pm (19:00) Aegis Local Aegean personnel have returned to Aegis. USS Missouri accompanied Aegean as a precaution. USS Iowa and USS Nimitz have returned to duty elsewhere. The Deke Slayton remained in the area to monitor the region. The gravitational waves within the phenomenon have disbursed though they could return. So far, Aegis has returned to normalcy.
  13. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/22/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 4 hours. The time is 08:00 (8:00 am) Aegis Local Aegean personnel continue to investigate the phenomenon around Aegis. USS Missouri, USS Iowa, USS Nimitz, and Deke Slayton cordon the area. Intense gravitational waves are close to Aegean. The phenomenon has shrunk. Warp drive is back online. The field has reduced to approximately 40%. The ships assume positions around the epicenter of the phenomenon. Chirakis: The Deke, Nimitz, Iowa, and Missouri are directing vessels to their designated coordinates.... ...additional info to follow. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= CdrBrown: @::enters the bridge after grabbing a one hour power nap before the next attempt begins:: Chirakis: ::still standing in the middle of CnC::: Cptn d'Ka: @ :::monitoring the ship... just in case::: CdrBrown: ((been standing there for 4 hours??)) Dacia Sandero: ::working in the sickbay:: Alexis McFarland: ::eating some breakfast:: Nijil tr'Korjata: ((They vacuum around her feet)) Scott Coleridge: @::on the Aegean bridge:: Have the other ships signalled readiness? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: On the bridge of the ship watching the engineering readouts :: CdrBrown: @::relieves the young ensign who filled in for him at helm:: CdrBrown: @::Scott:: All ships are in position, reporting ready on your order. mimipavilion: ::comes out of the conference room after a 4 hour power nap:: Tarisa: @ ::At her console, double checking her numbers.:: Chirakis: Lt Slater, inform all young ones to stay in place. mimipavilion: ::sees the captain still on CnC:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: The voice in his head had been relatively quiet for a few hours :: Lt Slater: Aye, Captain Scott Coleridge: @::looks around the bridge:: Are we ready? Chirakis: ::still next to Mimi, watching::: Tarisa: @ ::Nods.:: CdrBrown: @::runs a quick helm systems check:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ We think so. Alexis McFarland: ::in her room, reading a holonovel:: CdrBrown: @Aye, helm is ready. Scott Coleridge: @ Good. Let's run down the plan one more time. On my mark, all 5 ships will emit a low-energy deflector pulse. We'll start at the extreme end and gradually increase at 15-second intervals. Meanwhile, Commander Tarisa will be monitoring the anomaly. If our pulses show signs of generating intense gravitational waves, we will abort. If all goes well, we should see the field start to shrink again. mimipavilion: ::turns her attention to what's going on while still keeping an eye on the captain:: Chirakis: ::Extremely focused:: CdrBrown: @Understood. Chirakis: ::focused on the entire area of CnC::: Scott Coleridge: @::opens a channel to the other 4 vessels:: Coleridge to all ships. Engage deflector pulses on my mark... Scott Coleridge: @ Mark. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Watches the show :: CdrBrown: @::watches as the pulse begins to emit.... keeps an eye on ship stability:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ :: Surveying the surrounding area :: CdrBrown: @::Scott:: holding position, wave action minimal. Scott Coleridge: @ ::watching, trying not to notice how tightly his arms are gripping the armrests:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Closing his eyes :: CdrBrown: @ Still holding position. mimipavilion: ::looks at Chirakis for a moment, wondering what's truly going on in her mind, besides what's normal for her:: Scott Coleridge: @ Nothing has blown up yet, so that's good. Scott Coleridge: @::Tarisa:: What's the status of the field, size? CdrBrown: @ Still plenty of time for that ::slightly evil chuckle:: Lt Slater: Captain, Starfleet Command is demanding information for Admiral Walten, ma'am... ::stops as he sees Kirel::: mimipavilion: ::looks at Kirel:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ All readings nominal. Dacia Sandero: ::going about her normal duties so far, senses something's up but of course she doesn't know what:: Scott Coleridge: @ Good, looks like the gradual increases are working. CdrBrown: @ Wave activity has increased, but still well within tolerances. Chirakis: ::::turns one more time:: Cut them off completely, Lieutenant. If it continues, I will cut it off. Understood? Lt Slater: Yes, ma'am. :::Sends reply to Starfleet Command::. mimipavilion: ::looks at Slater then Kirel, not liking what she is seeing and hearing:: Cptn d'Ka: @ :::stands away from those aboard, and he listens::: mimipavilion: ::does consider contacting Captain d'Ka, but holds off:: mimipavilion: ::as well as Scott, but still holds off:: Scott Coleridge: @ Looks like the pulses are having the desired effect. I'm reading a further 50% decrease in volume. Keep it up for another 5 minutes. CdrBrown: @ Wave intensity is stable, the frequency has reduced. Chirakis: ::without turning::: All is well, Dr Pavilion. Personnel aboard the ship are working well. mimipavilion: ::still looking at Kirel, unsure of her well-being:: I'm sure it is. Chirakis: ::deep breath::: Not to worry, Doctor. CdrBrown: @waves are subsiding. Scott Coleridge: @ Field is barely registering on sensors now. Chirakis: :::steps aside to whisper:: I am as much Sindarin as is my bondmate Doctor. Do not worry. Scott Coleridge: @ Signal ships to stop deflector pulses. CdrBrown: @ ::signals the ships:: mimipavilion: ::nods:: I have no doubt about that. Scott Coleridge: @ Request confirmation from other vessels of these readings. Cptn d'Ka: @ ::watching personnel aboard::: CdrBrown: @::sends the request:: Should be coming into the science console momentarily. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Order Deke Slayton to remain behind and monitor the region. We don't know if this fix is permanent or temporary yet. Scott Coleridge: @ The other ships can resume ordinary patrol duties. CdrBrown: @ +Deke Slayton+ this is Aegean, command has orders for you to remain in the region and monitor for refresh of the anomaly. CdrBrown: @+All ships+ Resume your previous patrol duties. Scott Coleridge: @ Captain d'Ka, do you want to return to Missouri or accompany us back to Aegis? Cptn d'Ka: @ You have everything in control, Commander. I could stay if you wish, or I could leave. Scott Coleridge: @ Up to you if you want some station time before you return to your ship. You're always welcome on Aegis. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Signal Aegis that we believe the situation is under control and are coming home. CdrBrown: @ ::Scott:: Aye. CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ Aegean to Aegis Lt Slater : +Aegis to Aegean, go ahead. CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ We believe the situation to be under control and are returning to the station. ETA is 9 hours. Chirakis: +Aegis+ Understood. ::turns to the captain:: mimipavilion: ::looks at Kirel:: Chirakis: ::nods to Slater:: Lt Slater : Looks like "situation normal, all .... up"? CdrBrown: @::turns to Scott and d'Ka:: Gentlemen, have we figured out who is staying and who is going? ship is ready to return on your word, Commander. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: TBS is 9 hours. Chirakis: Questions with the crew? Nijil tr'Korjata: None here Chirakis: Questions, answers, or anything else for the crew? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Very well... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  14. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/22/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 4 hours. The time is 08:00 (8:00 am) Aegis Local Aegean personnel continue to investigate the phenomenon around Aegis. USS Missouri, USS Iowa, USS Nimitz, and Deke Slayton cordon the area. Intense gravitational waves are close to Aegean. The phenomenon has shrunk. Warp drive is back online. The field has reduced to approximately 40%. The ships assume positions around the epicenter of the phenomenon. The Deke, Nimitz, Iowa, and Missouri are directing vessels to their designated coordinates.... ...additional info to follow.
  15. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/15/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 1 hour. The time is 09:00 (09:00) Aegis Local. Aegean personnel continue to investigate the phenomenon around Aegis. USS Missouri, USS Iowa, and USS Nimitz cordon around the area. The bubble surrounding Aegis remains stable. The Aegean will attempt a wide-beam deflector pulse. Aegean is turned about to initiate the deflector pulse. Aegean is turned about to initiate the deflector pulse. What comes next we do not know. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= CdrBrown: @::at the helm of Aegean:: We are in Position, Commander mimipavilion: ::still on the CnC:: Dacia Sandero: ::working in sickbay:: CdrBrown: @::slows and deepens his breathing:: Scott Coleridge: @ Initiate the pulse. Chirakis: ::CnC, she seemed to be a very different person, watching everyone and everything. ::: Alexis McFarland: ::playing with Miana and Annisha, long since finished working in the park by now:: mimipavilion: ::sits back from the work she was doing and observes CnC:: Tarisa: @ ::On Aegean, and her station.:: CdrBrown: @::watches as the pulse is initiated:: Cptn d'Ka: @ :::standing back but ready to work on a moment's notice::: Tarisa: Miana> ::With Alexis and Annisha.:: mimipavilion: ::notices that the Captain's demeanor is... different, Mimi keeps an eye on her:: CdrBrown: @ ::Coleridge:: Holding position.... Scott Coleridge: @ACTION> Aegean is buffeted by gravitational waves. Aegis detects them albeit at greatly reduced intensity from that distance. Dacia Sandero: ::checking in on things around sickbay:: CdrBrown: @::shakes:: gravitational waves are hitting us.... compensating with inertial dampeners and thrusters. mimipavilion: ::gets up and strolls over to Chirakis:: Chirakis: :::knowing what might happen, she stands in silence, waiting::: mimipavilion: ::whispers:: You alright Captain. Scott Coleridge: @ACTION> Aegean's sensors detect changes to the phenomenon, showing that its extent is shrinking but it has not entirely dissipated. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Gravitational waves can be very intense. If it increases in amplitude we could rip the station apart. Tarisa: @ ::Verifying:: The anomaly seems to be shrinking. Chirakis: :::focusing on CnC, she says nothing but::: No problem, Doctor. Allow me to focus . Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: That's a good point ::Tarisa:: That's encouraging. CdrBrown: @::Nijil:: so are we replacing field size with intensity? mimipavilion: ::nods and backs off, knows somethings up; still keeping an eye on Chirakis:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ No, just a grim statement. Chirakis: ::without turning:: You may stay, Doctor, but say nothing. mimipavilion: ::stays and nods:: Scott Coleridge: @ It looks like the pulse had a positive effect. The field has shrunk considerably, but it isn't completely gone. CdrBrown: @::Scott:: more power? maybe get one of the other ships to hit it as well? Scott Coleridge: @ I'm concerned that if we try the pulse on a smaller volume, it will have an inverse effect on the resulting gravitational wave... bigger wave, that is. Nijil is right. We don’t want to risk that. Scott Coleridge: @ We’ll need to come up with a different approach to deal with the remnant. Scott Coleridge: @ACTION> The phenomenon stabilizes at approximately 40% of its original volume. Now outside the field of effect, Aegean's warp engines come back online. CdrBrown: @::Sees his console readouts:: ::outloud:: Good news, warp drive is back online. Scott Coleridge: @ We put a bandage on the wound, but we haven't healed it yet. Chirakis: Lt Slater> :::turns::: Starfleet Command is asking for a report. mimipavilion: ::watches Chirakis:: Chirakis: ::without turning::: Say nothing, Lieutenant. Lt Slater: Yes, ma’am. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Hears the voice in his head ask soo many questions :: mimipavilion: ::concerned:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ What is the field strength now? Scott Coleridge: @::Tarisa:: Have the readings changed in any aspect other than size? Scott Coleridge: @::notices Nijil is on a similar train of thought:: Lt Slater: Aye, ma'am. Chirakis: ::very quiet and without turning:: Dr Pavilion, if Starfleet Command sends something to you, ignore it. They have no idea what we're dealing with. mimipavilion: ::quietly:: Understood. Tarisa: @ They do appear to be weaker for the time being. Scott Coleridge: @ Fascinating. So the pulse initiated a contraction throughout the subspace domains... but the energy...hmm ::looking over the sensor readings himself, pondering face:: mimipavilion: ::now ponders Medical Regulation 121 section a:: Scott Coleridge: @ Oh, of course, I'm so slow today. Scott Coleridge: @ The gravitational waves. Cptn d'Ka: ::listening and using her language, she sends information to Cdr Lei'ri:: Scott Coleridge: @ Yes, it all makes sense now... CdrBrown: @ So, if we continue to close it, the gravitational waves will persist at greater intensity? Scott Coleridge: @::nods at Brown:: If we aren't careful. See, the field is like a battery. It has been soaking up potential energy from subspace and storing it as it expands. Our torpedo didn't work; it fed the field energy, and that's why the field grew. Our deflector pulse caused the battery to discharge its energy in the form of those gravitational waves, but only partially. Scott Coleridge: @ So we need to find a safer way to discharge it the rest of the way, because we can't just go about setting off gravitational waves willy-nilly. I'm not *that* irresponsible. CdrBrown: @ So, we either need to do things slowly, or have something with the ability to handle the energy. Scott Coleridge: @ We need a controlled demolition. CdrBrown: @ What if we positioned multiple ships around the epicenter and use lower yield pulses.... We can use the Deke, Missouri, Iowa, and Nimitz. Scott Coleridge: @::waits for others to weigh in, knowing that as the commanding officer he might sway the conversation too early:: Tarisa: @ That could work. Chirakis: ::considers Cdr Coleridge's thoughts::: mimipavilion: ::while keeping an eye on Chirakis, wonders if this anomaly is affecting the Captain:: Scott Coleridge: @ We'll need to coordinate through Aegis. Cptn d'Ka: @ :::steps up::: Commander Coleridge, all these ships are extremely useful for that particular situation. CdrBrown: @::totally forgot d'Ka was hiding in the corner:: Scott Coleridge: @ Agreed. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Inform Aegis of the plan and request that they coordinate with the other ships. CdrBrown: @::Coleridge:: Aye CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ Aegean to Aegis. Scott Coleridge: @::Tarisa:: Determine the optimal positioning of each ship and forward that information to Aegis ops. Chirakis: +Aegis here. Go ahead.+ Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: If you have any shield modification ideas to reinforce us and Aegis against the worst of the gravitational waves, this would be a great time to pull those out. mimipavilion: ::watches and waits:: CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ the field has reduced to approximately 40%. To combat the gravitational waves, we are requesting the Deke Slayton, Nimitz, Iowa, and Missouri assume positions around the epicenter along with us, to deliver lower intensity pulses. Chirakis: +Aegean+ These ships are powerful, but they must be notified through Cdr Coleridge. CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ He has requested permission to have them tasked to this maneuver. Chirakis: +Aegean+ Very well. Proceed. CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ Thank you. We will update when we are ready to initiate Nijil tr'Korjata: @ What? Sorry sir. Tarisa: @ ::Makes her adjustments, and sends the coordinates to Aegis.:: Chirakis: +Aegean+ Understood. CdrBrown: @::turns to Scott:: Aegis says the fleet is your's to direct. Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Shield adjustments. For gravitational waves. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Oh, more power. That's not going to go to my head at all. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ There are not really ones, more IDF CdrBrown: @::smirks:: If you need, I'll help you keep it in check...... Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Inform the ships of our plan. We'll need some time to coordinate everything. Chirakis: ::turns to Slater::: Lieutenant Slater, send this information to those ships. Do not inform Starfleet Command. CdrBrown: @::Coleridge:: of course. Sending messages to the ships. CdrBrown: @::sends notice to the Deke, Nimitz, Iowa, and Missouri that we are taking lead on this maneuver, and directs vessels to their designated coordinates.... additional info to follow:: mimipavilion: ::questions the Captains judgment call by not informing Command:: CdrBrown: ((what would Mirror Universe Mimi do?)) mimipavilion: ((bad things)) Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Very well done. Tarisa: ::paused:: Chirakis: In remembering that these ships must shift around and come together with the problem, our time will be... :::looks at Scott::: Chirakis: Four hours will do to get everything ready. Agreed, Number One? Scott Coleridge: Yes Chirakis: Very well... TBS will be 4 hours. Chirakis: Thoughts for the crew, Number One? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Ideas, thoughts, etc, from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  16. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/10/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 1 hour. The time is 09:00 (9:00) Aegis Local Aegean personnel continue to investigate the phenomenon around Aegis. USS Missouri, USS Iowa, and USS Nimitz work on a cordon around the area. The bubble surrounding Aegis remains stable. The Aegean will attempt a wide-beam deflector pulse in an effort to invert the field on itself. Aegean is turned about and initiates the deflector pulse. What comes next we do not know.
  17. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/8/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 13 hours. The time is 08:00 (8:am) Aegis Local Aegean personnel investigate the phenomenon around Aegis. Sudden jolts awaken everyone but not much. USS Missouri and USS Iowa attempt to put a cordon around the area. Starfleet brings in the USS Nimitz. The bubble surrounding Aegis remains stable. The Aegean advised the Deke Sayton to hold 0.5 AU from the epicentre. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Jylliene: ::CnC:: mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Listening to the voice in his head, being a bit quiet :: Scott Coleridge: @::on Aegean's bridge:: Chirakis: ::in her office in CnC, her door closed:::: Dacia Sandero: ::working in sickbay:: CdrBrown: @::on the Aegean bridge, at Helm:: Tarisa: @ ::At her console on Aegean.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ (w) I will answer your questions later. :: sighs :: Cptn d'Ka: @ ::aboard Aegean, standing by in case he and/or Missouri are in need::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ :: At tactical :: Chirakis: ::exits her office thinking of something that should not happen::: Scott Coleridge: @ So I'm getting the sense we're not enthusiastic about the deflector pulse plan any more. Chirakis: :::steps down to Jylliene::: Commander Kital, report.. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Wondering about the device in his quarters that could help his situation :: CdrBrown: @::Scott:: We are maintaining our relative position to the... ::shudders as the inertial dampeners fail to compensate for the sudden jolts:: center of the phenomenon... Jylliene: Situation holding steady. CdrBrown: @::Scott:: not terribly enthused, no sir. Jylliene: Aegean hasn't reported any changes. Chirakis: :::arms crossed::: Very well. Information from the Aegean? Scott Coleridge: @ In that case, I need alternatives. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Our next move might increase the distortions. Chirakis: :::watching the screens around CnC:: CdrBrown: @ Nijil, could it speed things up as well? maybe make it move faster and be done with it? like a fast moving hurricane? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Are we seeing any gravimetric effect? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ You mean destroy the station? Jylliene: Nothing yet. We're not due for an update, but I can call for one if you'd like. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Are the readings comprised of a temporal component? Chirakis: ::looking up on the boards::: If there is no need, then we will wait, Commander. :::sigh:: Jylliene: Yes ma'am. CdrBrown: @::Nijil:: just looking at last-ditch efforts... last thing we want is the area exposed to the phenomena for prolonged durations. ::jolts again:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: frowns :: Muuhi wonders if their micro-wormhole ventures into our time created these effects. Chirakis: :::slight turn:: May I bring you coffee, Commander Kital? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ I mean I'm one to normally go in guns-ablazing, but is more like a wait-and-see mission. Jylliene: I would love that, ma'am, thank you. Scott Coleridge: @ I am willing to entertain any hypothesis. Chirakis: ::slight smile::: Of course. ::turns to the coffee as the yeoman brings a new "jar"::: CdrBrown: @::Scott:: can we steer it, perhaps?? maybe get it to change course enough to reduce or eliminate any threat to Aegis? Scott Coleridge: @ Intriguing idea. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The two Yith made 47 excursions into our time...relatively close to the station, it's impossible to know the entry point for each. mimipavilion: ::decides to go to CnC for a while:: Dacia I'm gonna go to the CnC. Chirakis: Coffee and donuts, Commander? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ There is no mass large enough to enact a force upon this, as far as these readings tell. Chirakis: :::slight grin::: Jylliene: ::considers it:: Maybe one. ::grins:: CdrBrown: @Nijil, does it need to be a mass? perhaps just some sort of stimuli? mimipavilion: ::leaves medical and goes to CnC via tl:: Chirakis: :::brings coffee and donuts to her... then gets her own:::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ A stimulus indicates a kind of lifeform. Are these lifeforms? Dacia Sandero: ::checking on the patients in Sickbay:: Jylliene: Thank you, again. ::to Chirakis:: Chirakis: Most welcome. mimipavilion: ::arrives at CnC and goes over to one of the mission configure station:: Jylliene: ::checks displays, ensures they're showing updated info:: Chirakis: ::turns::: Lt Slater and Lt Jajon, have you need of anything? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ A kind of space moth? :: looks at the readings again :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ If that is the case, we only need a flame. CdrBrown: @and while it may not be a lifeform per se, it may respond similarly - particles attracting or repelling particles. Scott Coleridge: @ I think we're maybe straying from the problem parameters here. Scott Coleridge: @ Nothing in the readings we have at this time has suggested a life form is involved. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: the knocking about reminded him of being on an ocean :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Magnetic monopoles? Is that what these are? Chirakis: Lt Slater> We're good, ma'am. A lot of information is coming through.... from Command. :::sends it over::: CdrBrown: @::jolts again, with more intensity:: That was a rough one Chirakis: ::Moving to her console and nods to Mimi as she begins to page through the information:::: mimipavilion: ::nods:: Cptn d'Ka: @ ::::watching and listening as he passes info on to Missouri::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ To this day the monopole is unproven. Scott Coleridge: @ We have subspace field of indeterminate origin that disrupts warp fields. Scott Coleridge: @ Our initial attempt to disrupt the field using calibrated antimatter explosions didn't work. My next idea was to emit a deflector pulse to invert the field on itself, but I'm willing to abandon that if we think it wouldn't work either. CdrBrown: @ Which means mass does not affect it. Scott Coleridge: @ What we need is a new hypothesis about how we can disperse the field…. or, as Commander Brown suggested, perhaps move it. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Which could be in a domain where magnetic monopoles exist. The antimatter likely reached the domain these monopoles exist within. CdrBrown: @::Scott: were you looking at wide-beam or narrow-beam for the deflector pulse? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ It's likely a 50-50 chance. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Wide. CdrBrown: @::Scott: no reason to assume it won't work. It may not cause the field to collapse, but it could produce a response, give us more data on the next step to take. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ If it moves, it could move us with it. mimipavilion: ::does her work and whatever work that's needed in CnC:: Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Is that a reservation or a vote in favour? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Both of us have reservations. If we prepare enough we may be able to ride out a less than desirable outcome. Scott Coleridge: @ We already ran the simulations ::glances at Cayne:: Scott Coleridge: @ I think we have all the calibrations ready. I was waiting to hear any objections or alternatives. But if this is our best idea for now, we need to try something. Chirakis: ::Leaning back with a sigh, she stands and walks through CnC:::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ I have nothing to add. Prepare to fire. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Alert Aegis about what we are going to attempt. CdrBrown: @::Scott: Aye Jylliene: ::scrolling through the updates:: CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ this is Aegean. Tarisa: @ It is the most sound strategy at the moment. Jylliene: +Aegean+ Aegis here, go ahead. Jylliene: ::glances over to Chirakis, waves her over:: Chirakis: :::turns:: Yes, Commander? Jylliene: Aegean on comm. CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ We are going to attempt a wide-beam deflector pulse in an effort to invert the field on itself. Chirakis: Send it through. Jylliene: +Aegean+...come again? Chirakis: :::sits at her console::: Jylliene: ::sends voice to Chirakis:: Jylliene: +Aegean+ Could you repeat, please? CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ We are going to attempt a wide-beam deflector pulse in an effort to invert the field on itself. Chirakis: :::covers her voice to listen::: ((Captain here. Proceed)) Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Checking power levels :: Annisha: :: At the nearest window, looking out into space :: CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ At best, the field goes away.... otherwise, the plan is to see if the pulse causes any kind of movement of the phenomena, perhaps provide us data to see if we can steer it away. Chirakis: ((Commander Brown, and Commander Coleridge agrees?)) CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ yes Captain. He believes this to be the best course of action at this time. Chirakis: ((Very well. Proceed.)) CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ understood. Aegean out. CdrBrown: @::Scott:: We have final approval from Captain Chirakis. Scott Coleridge: @ All right. Bring Aegean into the optimal position, Commander Brown. Scott Coleridge: @ Commander Cayne, prepare to initiate the deflector pulse on my mark. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Aye, at your command. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Power levels are in the green. Jylliene: ::keeping a very close watch on sensors:: Alexis McFarland: ::Looks out into space as well, glad they finished the weeding:: Scott Coleridge: @ Commander Tarisa, once we initiate the pulse, I'll need you to watch the readings very carefully. If there are any adverse effects we need to be ready to react. Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Acknowledged, thank you. Tarisa: @ ::Nods.:: Aye. CdrBrown: @::brings the ship about:: CdrBrown: @ We are in position. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Are we in position? Chirakis: :::stands, listening under cover:: CdrBrown: @::Scott: Aye Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Ready CdrBrown: @::thinks to himself, one day our greatest challenges will be able to handle just by playing "Indian Love Call" by Slim Whitman....:: Scott Coleridge: @ Initiate the deflector pulse. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Initiating pulse. :: presses :: Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Now I wonder what will happen. Chirakis: Or perhaps did happen? CdrBrown: If we wind up time traveling, I hope we wind up in the Renaissance... Scott Coleridge: Shhh don't give Chirakis ideas. Chirakis: Very well... Number One, have you any thoughts other than "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Thoughts for anyone else? Chirakis: Apparently they do not think much Number One.... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  18. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/8/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 13 hours. The time is 08:00 (8:am) Aegis Local Aegean personnel investigate the phenomenon around Aegis. Sudden jolts awaken everyone but not much. USS Missouri and USS Iowa attempt to put a cordon around the area. Starfleet brings in the USS Nimitz. The bubble surrounding Aegis remains stable. The Aegean advised the Deke Sayton to hold 0.5 AU from the epicentre. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Jylliene: ::CnC:: mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Listening to the voice in his head, being a bit quiet :: Scott Coleridge: @::on Aegean's bridge:: Chirakis: ::in her office in CnC, her door closed:::: Dacia Sandero: ::working in sickbay:: CdrBrown: @::on the Aegean bridge, at Helm:: Tarisa: @ ::At her console on Aegean.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ (w) I will answer your questions later. :: sighs :: Cptn d'Ka: @ ::aboard Aegean, standing by in case he and/or Missouri are in need::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ :: At tactical :: Chirakis: ::exits her office thinking of something that should not happen::: Scott Coleridge: @ So I'm getting the sense we're not enthusiastic about the deflector pulse plan any more. Chirakis: :::steps down to Jylliene::: Commander Kital, report.. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Wondering about the device in his quarters that could help his situation :: CdrBrown: @::Scott:: We are maintaining our relative position to the... ::shudders as the inertial dampeners fail to compensate for the sudden jolts:: center of the phenomenon... Jylliene: Situation holding steady. CdrBrown: @::Scott:: not terribly enthused, no sir. Jylliene: Aegean hasn't reported any changes. Chirakis: :::arms crossed::: Very well. Information from the Aegean? Scott Coleridge: @ In that case, I need alternatives. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Our next move might increase the distortions. Chirakis: :::watching the screens around CnC:: CdrBrown: @ Nijil, could it speed things up as well? maybe make it move faster and be done with it? like a fast moving hurricane? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Are we seeing any gravimetric effect? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ You mean destroy the station? Jylliene: Nothing yet. We're not due for an update, but I can call for one if you'd like. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Are the readings comprised of a temporal component? Chirakis: ::looking up on the boards::: If there is no need, then we will wait, Commander. :::sigh:: Jylliene: Yes ma'am. CdrBrown: @::Nijil:: just looking at last-ditch efforts... last thing we want is the area exposed to the phenomena for prolonged durations. ::jolts again:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: frowns :: Muuhi wonders if their micro-wormhole ventures into our time created these effects. Chirakis: :::slight turn:: May I bring you coffee, Commander Kital? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ I mean I'm one to normally go in guns-ablazing, but is more like a wait-and-see mission. Jylliene: I would love that, ma'am, thank you. Scott Coleridge: @ I am willing to entertain any hypothesis. Chirakis: ::slight smile::: Of course. ::turns to the coffee as the yeoman brings a new "jar"::: CdrBrown: @::Scott:: can we steer it, perhaps?? maybe get it to change course enough to reduce or eliminate any threat to Aegis? Scott Coleridge: @ Intriguing idea. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The two Yith made 47 excursions into our time...relatively close to the station, it's impossible to know the entry point for each. mimipavilion: ::decides to go to CnC for a while:: Dacia I'm gonna go to the CnC. Chirakis: Coffee and donuts, Commander? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ There is no mass large enough to enact a force upon this, as far as these readings tell. Chirakis: :::slight grin::: Jylliene: ::considers it:: Maybe one. ::grins:: CdrBrown: @Nijil, does it need to be a mass? perhaps just some sort of stimuli? mimipavilion: ::leaves medical and goes to CnC via tl:: Chirakis: :::brings coffee and donuts to her... then gets her own:::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ A stimulus indicates a kind of lifeform. Are these lifeforms? Dacia Sandero: ::checking on the patients in Sickbay:: Jylliene: Thank you, again. ::to Chirakis:: Chirakis: Most welcome. mimipavilion: ::arrives at CnC and goes over to one of the mission configure station:: Jylliene: ::checks displays, ensures they're showing updated info:: Chirakis: ::turns::: Lt Slater and Lt Jajon, have you need of anything? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ A kind of space moth? :: looks at the readings again :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ If that is the case, we only need a flame. CdrBrown: @and while it may not be a lifeform per se, it may respond similarly - particles attracting or repelling particles. Scott Coleridge: @ I think we're maybe straying from the problem parameters here. Scott Coleridge: @ Nothing in the readings we have at this time has suggested a life form is involved. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: the knocking about reminded him of being on an ocean :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Magnetic monopoles? Is that what these are? Chirakis: Lt Slater> We're good, ma'am. A lot of information is coming through.... from Command. :::sends it over::: CdrBrown: @::jolts again, with more intensity:: That was a rough one Chirakis: ::Moving to her console and nods to Mimi as she begins to page through the information:::: mimipavilion: ::nods:: Cptn d'Ka: @ ::::watching and listening as he passes info on to Missouri::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ To this day the monopole is unproven. Scott Coleridge: @ We have subspace field of indeterminate origin that disrupts warp fields. Scott Coleridge: @ Our initial attempt to disrupt the field using calibrated antimatter explosions didn't work. My next idea was to emit a deflector pulse to invert the field on itself, but I'm willing to abandon that if we think it wouldn't work either. CdrBrown: @ Which means mass does not affect it. Scott Coleridge: @ What we need is a new hypothesis about how we can disperse the field…. or, as Commander Brown suggested, perhaps move it. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Which could be in a domain where magnetic monopoles exist. The antimatter likely reached the domain these monopoles exist within. CdrBrown: @::Scott: were you looking at wide-beam or narrow-beam for the deflector pulse? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ It's likely a 50-50 chance. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Wide. CdrBrown: @::Scott: no reason to assume it won't work. It may not cause the field to collapse, but it could produce a response, give us more data on the next step to take. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ If it moves, it could move us with it. mimipavilion: ::does her work and whatever work that's needed in CnC:: Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Is that a reservation or a vote in favour? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Both of us have reservations. If we prepare enough we may be able to ride out a less than desirable outcome. Scott Coleridge: @ We already ran the simulations ::glances at Cayne:: Scott Coleridge: @ I think we have all the calibrations ready. I was waiting to hear any objections or alternatives. But if this is our best idea for now, we need to try something. Chirakis: ::Leaning back with a sigh, she stands and walks through CnC:::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ I have nothing to add. Prepare to fire. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Alert Aegis about what we are going to attempt. CdrBrown: @::Scott: Aye Jylliene: ::scrolling through the updates:: CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ this is Aegean. Tarisa: @ It is the most sound strategy at the moment. Jylliene: +Aegean+ Aegis here, go ahead. Jylliene: ::glances over to Chirakis, waves her over:: Chirakis: :::turns:: Yes, Commander? Jylliene: Aegean on comm. CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ We are going to attempt a wide-beam deflector pulse in an effort to invert the field on itself. Chirakis: Send it through. Jylliene: +Aegean+...come again? Chirakis: :::sits at her console::: Jylliene: ::sends voice to Chirakis:: Jylliene: +Aegean+ Could you repeat, please? CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ We are going to attempt a wide-beam deflector pulse in an effort to invert the field on itself. Chirakis: :::covers her voice to listen::: ((Captain here. Proceed)) Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Checking power levels :: Annisha: :: At the nearest window, looking out into space :: CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ At best, the field goes away.... otherwise, the plan is to see if the pulse causes any kind of movement of the phenomena, perhaps provide us data to see if we can steer it away. Chirakis: ((Commander Brown, and Commander Coleridge agrees?)) CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ yes Captain. He believes this to be the best course of action at this time. Chirakis: ((Very well. Proceed.)) CdrBrown: @+Aegis+ understood. Aegean out. CdrBrown: @::Scott:: We have final approval from Captain Chirakis. Scott Coleridge: @ All right. Bring Aegean into the optimal position, Commander Brown. Scott Coleridge: @ Commander Cayne, prepare to initiate the deflector pulse on my mark. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Aye, at your command. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Power levels are in the green. Jylliene: ::keeping a very close watch on sensors:: Alexis McFarland: ::Looks out into space as well, glad they finished the weeding:: Scott Coleridge: @ Commander Tarisa, once we initiate the pulse, I'll need you to watch the readings very carefully. If there are any adverse effects we need to be ready to react. Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Acknowledged, thank you. Tarisa: @ ::Nods.:: Aye. CdrBrown: @::brings the ship about:: CdrBrown: @ We are in position. Scott Coleridge: @::Brown:: Are we in position? Chirakis: :::stands, listening under cover:: CdrBrown: @::Scott: Aye Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Ready CdrBrown: @::thinks to himself, one day our greatest challenges will be able to handle just by playing "Indian Love Call" by Slim Whitman....:: Scott Coleridge: @ Initiate the deflector pulse. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Initiating pulse. :: presses :: Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Now I wonder what will happen. Chirakis: Or perhaps did happen? CdrBrown: If we wind up time traveling, I hope we wind up in the Renaissance... Scott Coleridge: Shhh don't give Chirakis ideas. Chirakis: Very well... Number One, have you any thoughts other than "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Thoughts for anyone else? Chirakis: Apparently they do not think much Number One.... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  19. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/8/21 = /\ = 12 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.225 TBS is 1300 hours. The time is 08:00 (8:00 am) Aegis Local As personnel aboard the Aegean continue to investigate the unusual phenomenon, the area gives sudden jolts. The jolts are not enough to injure personnel, but powerful enough to jerk the area now and then. USS Missouri and USS Iowa attempt to put a cordon around the area. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Starfleet Command sends USS Nimitz to assist. No other ships are allowed in the area. The bubble that surrounds Aegis has remained stable. The Aegean advised the Deke Sayton to hold 0.5 AU from the estimated epicentre
  20. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 10/1/21 = /\ = 11 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.224 TBS is 1 hour. The time is 19:00 (7:pm) Aegis Local Personnel aboard the Aegean continue to investigate the unusual phenomenon. Starfleet Command advises all ships to stay away from the area. The bubble that surrounds Aegis has remained stable. The Aegean advised the Deke Sayton to hold 0.5 AU from the estimated epicentre. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Cptn d'Ka: @ ::aboard the Aegean:: Dacia Sandero: ::off-duty and enjoying some pasta for dinner:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Arrives on the Aegean bridge :: mimipavilion: ::also off duty, in her quarters relaxing:: Chirakis: :::CnC, listening and watching the boards as those on Aegean continue planning::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Alright, who's rocking the station? Tarisa: @ ::At her console on the Aegean.:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ An attempt to rectify the field issue. Tarisa: Miana> ::Still working in the park?:: Chirakis: :::without turning::: Lt Slater, send information to Aegean if needed. Chirakis: Lt Slater> Aye, Captain. Annisha: :: An old grounds keeper hands each of the kids a sack and some weed pullers :: Alexis McFarland: ::at least they had weed pullers:: Annisha: Old Groundskeeper > Ye need to pluck the weeds from around the flowers. We don't risk chemicals here. Gives young folks some toil in the soil. :: laughs :: Tarisa: Miana> ::Gives the groundskeeper a confused look.:: Annisha: Old Groundskeeper > Now place the weeds into the sacks, then when they are full bring them back to me. Jylliene: ::with D'Rynn in the family's quarters, wondering if the kids will be expected to work all night:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Goes to a console on the bridge :: Cptn d'Ka: @ ::turns to Cayne::: Perhaps I can assist. Annisha: Old Groundskeeper > Eek gads, look at the time. :: takes the implements back from each of the kids :: It's not late, but late for weedin' See yous tomorrow, 'ight? Alexis McFarland: oh..ok. Tarisa: Miana> Okay Annisha: Whatever gramps. Alexis McFarland: Does the captain do this to every kid who eats at Blubby's? Annisha: :: The groundskeeper huffs and waves them off, giving an eye to the troublemaker of the group :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Not sure I like throwing energy at the problem. Tarisa: Miana> I hope not. Alexis McFarland: Well then, why us? Annisha: :: Reaches the exit of the park :: Tarisa: Miana> ::Shrugs:: Annisha: They have been watching us. Alexis McFarland: They sure are. Us troublemakers just having a meal. Real security threat there. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Was there damage to the station? :: asking Nijil :: Chirakis: ::::begins to pace around CnC::: Annisha: Meals.... many meals. Tarisa: Miana> I am getting hungry... Alexis McFarland: Is that what your dad said? If it's that, then I can kinda sorta live with that. Alexis McFarland: Yeah me too. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Would be nice to be able to do something in a more controlled environment not connected to the station. Cptn d'Ka: @ ::arms cross, to listen to Cayne:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ No, nothing the IDF could not handle. Alexis McFarland: ::follows Miana and Annisha:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The field remained unchanged, at least from what the sensors tell us. Muuhi does not know anything either, sadly. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Captain d'Ka, what do you make of this? Chirakis: :::stops suddenly, listens, then turns around::: Lt Slater, do I feel jolting.... or bouncing outside? Chirakis: Lt Slater> ::looking up::: Actually, yes, ma'am. I thought I was the only one to hear it or... feel it.... ::turns around looking::: mimipavilion: ::hears some rattling from her decor::to self:: Not good. Alexis McFarland: You feel that? Jylliene: ::feels a bit unsettled:: Cptn d'Ka: @ ::Looking round::: Commander Cayne... do you sense something? Anything? mimipavilion: ::has a feeling that things will be taking a turn sometime soon:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Ears lower, as she gets scared.:: Alexis McFarland: ::holds Miana:: Wonder what that is? Annisha: I have a bad feeling about this... mimipavilion: ::Loxil, t'Merniq, and t'Pentha ask what is going on and tells them not to worry:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Sense? Not me, but let me perform a tactical sweep. Cptn d'Ka: @ That would be wise. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Shakes his head :: I am not getting much, but something is making the sensor range rather short. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ :: Overlays the recent scan with the previous one :: Chirakis: ::::looking over the deck below a sudden HEAVY jolt forces her to hold on::: Jylliene: ::nearly falls off the sofa:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Wonders if this field exists in the real world and subspace :: Annisha: :: Falls over as she was not paying attention :: Oof! Alexis McFarland: ::grabs Miana as she falls into her:: Whoa. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ Aegis is reporting station-wide rumbles. Chirakis: ACTION> The entire area begins to jolt. mimipavilion: ::gets jolted, while seeing the three fall to the ground:: You three alright? mimipavilion: ::they nod:: Annisha: :: Gets up :: We should get back to our quarters. Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods quietly:: mimipavilion: Ok stay here. ::grabs her jacket and stumbling bolts for medical:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ :: Feels a slight shift :: We too are being rumbled. IDF is keeping us stable. Alexis McFarland: ::nods:: Dacia Sandero: Whoa, what's happening? Annisha: :: Starts to make a jog to where they live :: Alexis McFarland: ::follows:: Annisha: :: taps her bird :: +Jylliene-mom+ Miana, Alexis and I are making our way home. Chirakis: +Cayne+ Is anything shifting suddenly in your area? Jylliene: +Annisha+ Good. Be careful. mimipavilion: ::makes it to medical:: I knew relaxing wouldn't last, it never does. ::starts getting medical ready just in case as well as securing said items, letting everyone else know too:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ +Chirakis+ Yes, nothing the ship can't handle. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Feels Muuhi getting nervous, which makes him nervous :: Chirakis: +Cayne+ The same is happening aboard the station. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ +Chirakis+ Great, just what we need, a clock on all of this. Cptn d'Ka: @ ((Kh’éile there is a strangeness in the atmosphere)) Chirakis: +Cayne+ Anything unusual other than that? Anything that seems dangerous? Chirakis: Lt Jajon> Captain, personnel aboard ship are sending information from inside the station. Chirakis: ::has a strange feeling about this::: mimipavilion: ::manages to finish setting up and looks around medical:: mimipavilion: ::satisfied with the setup, goes to her office and relays a message that medical is ready:: Chirakis: ::looks around CnC to see if anyone is injured::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ +Chirakis+ Nothing on sensors Captain. I hope our earlier actions did not initiate this. Chirakis: +Cayne+ Agreed. Chirakis: ((Kh’éile, agreed, though there is nothing I feel) Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Looks around the bridge :: Did anyone injure themselves? Alexis McFarland: ::returns to their quarters, holds onto Miana:: Annisha: We made it. Tarisa: Miana> ::Is relieved.:: Jylliene: Ah, good to see you made it safely. Alexis McFarland: ::nods:: Yes. Chirakis: ::turns to Slater and Jajon, both looking perplexed, Slater shrugs:: mimipavilion: ::taps into the CnC sensor feed from her office to monitor the situation:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ +MimiPavilion+ Are there any injuries there? My new partner wants to know. Chirakis: ::looks round::: There must be a reason... mimipavilion: +Nijil+ No injuries as of yet. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ +Mimi+ Understood, makes some of us feel better. Nijil out. Alexis McFarland: ::With Miana back in the diplomatic section:: Looks like we made it back in one piece. Cptn d'Ka: @ :::watching and feeling nothing more::: Dacia Sandero: ::in medical as well, just in case:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: thinks out loud :: Would this have anything to do with the station disappearing then reappearing? Cptn d'Ka: @ Very possible, Commander. mimipavilion: ::smiles then turns her attention the sensor readings and looks at the overall layout between Aegis and Aegean:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I need to know more about what happened. Perhaps the Captain brought something back with her. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Weirdness. Definitely weirdness. Chirakis: Stand by Chirakis: TBS will be until the next morning at 0800. Chirakis: Comments Commander Korjata? Nijil tr'Korjata: Was fun, make sure to get some sleep on the station. Chirakis: Indeed. Chirakis: Comments or questions from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  21. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis | 1 October 2021 11 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.224 TBS is 1 hour, the time is 19:00 (7:00 pm) Aegis Local Aboard the Aegean are Commanders Coleridge, Korjata, and Cayne, with Captain d’Ka of USS Missouri assisting, continue to investigate the unusual phenomenon that could interfere with the creation of a stable warp field. The blue bubble that surrounds the station could cut Sky Harbor Aegis from outside contact except for subspace communication. Starfleet Command has advised all ships to stay away from the area until more information is gathered. The Aegean has gone to investigate and confirm information from the ship Deke Slayton. The bubble that surrounds Aegis has remained stable. The Aegean has advised the Deke Sayton to hold 0.5 AU from the estimated epicentre as a precaution.
  22. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 9/24/21 = /\ 11 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.224 TBS is 6 hours. the time is 18:00 (7:pm) Aegis Local Science and Engineering watch an unusual phenomenon. It could interfere with the creation of a stable warp field. A bubble around the station could cut us off from outside contact. Aegean and Deke Slayton work together to investigate and confirm information. The explosion from the torpedo highlighted some features that could not be seen otherwise. Starfleet Command ordered ships to stay away from the area until it is safe. =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Scott Coleridge: @::reviewing the simulations Cayne suggested they run:: Chirakis : :::CnC, wondering if anything new has happened :::: Dacia Sandero: ::relaxing on her living room sofa, watching something on her holo-viewer:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ I would caution a miscalculation. Cptn d'Ka: @ ::aboard Aegean::: Alexis McFarland: ::also relaxing in her room, just finished having dinner with her family:: Nijil tr'Korjata: +CnC+ What is happening? Chirakis: +Korjata+ So far not what we need to do but will make it work. Scott Coleridge: @::Cayne:: I think we've found an optimal location. I'm concerned about the power output curve though. Aegean is powerful, but this is a delicate operation. A fluctuation could disrupt it at a pivotal moment. Cptn d'Ka: @ ::listening, serious::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Shakes his heads at the kids :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: @ The computer believes there's an interaction... our luck a cascade. Scott Coleridge: @ That's what we want though. We need to disperse the entire field of effect at once, or else a remnant could kickstart the phenomenon again. Scott Coleridge: @ The deflector can definitely invert the field the way we want, but the question remains whether we can sustain the inversion long enough to nullify the field entirely. Chirakis: +Nijil+ Send the children to work as I mentioned before. Come to CnC. Nijil tr'Korjata: +CnC+ Aye. I have had the gardener give them some things to do. Mimipavilion: ::still on the CnC:: Scott Coleridge: @ I wish Nijil were here … he's much more familiar with the quirks of the AQS than I am. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks at the kids again :: Muuhi and I, err, want you to help here for a bit. Chirakis: +Nijil+ Then put them to bed so they can stay out of the way. ::watching the boards as she speaks::: Scott Coleridge: @::looks at Cayne and d'Ka:: Any suggestions on how we can shore up the stability of the power flow? Nijil tr'Korjata:+CnC+ On my way. Nijil tr'Korjata::: exits the park :: Annisha: That's a bummer. well, at least it's always sunny in here. Nijil tr'Korjata: (Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom) Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters the CnC :: Alexis McFarland: mm Chirakis: ::turns as he comes in::: I'm putting you aboard Aegean to help Commander Coleridge. Understood? Chirakis: +Chirakis to Coleridge+ He's on his way to Aegean. Scott Coleridge: @+Chirakis+ That's fantastic, thank you. Chirakis: :::turns around::: Commander Korjata, get moving . +Aegean+ Commander Korjata is on his way. Cptn d'Ka: @ ::standing next to Scott::: Difficult to say what can be done with this and what can not. Cptn d'Ka: @ Commander Cayne, have you the knowledge needed to deal with this area of space? =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: It seems to have been a difficult week for all of us. We'll take this over next week. Chirakis : Thoughts or ideas are welcome. Chirakis: Thoughts from anyone? Chirakis: Very well... we will continue on next week. Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  23. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis | 24 September 2021 11 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.224 TBS is 6 hours, the time is 18:00 (7:00 pm) Aegis Local Science and Engineering are watching an unusual phenomenon that could interfere with the creation of a stable warp field. A blue bubble surrounding the station is unevenly distributed and might cut us off from outside contact except subspace communication. The Aegean and its crew has gone to investigate and confirm information from the Deke Slayton. The area has remained stable. The Aegean has advised Deke Sayton to hold 0.5 AU from the estimated epicenter. Sending a torpedo toward the bubble had caused a massive explosion that rocked the Aegean and set off alarms. It might have been a bad idea, but the explosion highlighted some features that could not be seen otherwise. Starfleet Command advised all ships to stay away from the area until more information is gathered.
  24. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis | 17 September 2021 11 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.224 TBS is 0, the time is 13:00 (1:00 pm) Aegis Local Science and Engineering are watching an unusual phenomenon that could interfere with the creation of a stable warp field. A blue bubble surrounding the station is unevenly distributed and might cut us off from outside contact except subspace communication. The Aegean and its crew has gone to investigate and confirm information from the Dike Slayton. The area has remained stable. Aegean comes close to the Deke Sayton and holds them 0.5 AU from the estimated epicenter. A decision is made to send a torpedo toward the bubble and disrupt the phenomenon. The torpedo is sent toward the bubble’s center. A delayed but massive explosion sends a shock wave that rocks Aegean and sets off alarms. Oops…
  25. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 9/10/21 = /\ = 11 August 2388 - Stardate 2388.224 TBS is 5 hours the time is 1200 hours (12:00 pm) Aegis Local Science and Engineering are watching an unusual phenomenon interfering with the creation of a stable warp field. If the bubble are only a few AU in radius, ships can dock. If the bubble approaches a light-year or more, ships cannot reach Aegis. A bubble that surrounds the station is unevenly distributed. It might cut Aegis off from outside contact except subspace communication. Aegean has sophisticated sensors specifically tuned to subspace bands because of its cloak. Cdr Coleridge needs personnel who will work aboard Aegean on-site. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Scott Coleridge: @::on board Aegean with the rest of the crew, en route to the centre of the phenomenon:: Dacia Sandero: ::in medical:: Alexis McFarland: ::queuing at Blubby's for lunch:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne> :: at Aegean's tactical station :: Tarisa: @ ::Enters the bridge, taking her seat.:: Tarisa: Miana> Yay lunch! Alexis McFarland: Yummy! Chirakis: ::exits her office to hand over a few things from SFCommand::: mimipavilion: @Palmer>::in Aegean's sickbay:: Scott Coleridge: @::Cayne:: Signal Aegis that we're coming into position. Scott Coleridge: @ Helm, bring us up near the Deke Slayton, holding 0.5 AU from the estimated epicentre. Alexis McFarland: ::takes her lunch at sits at a table:: Amanda Davis PhD: ::returns to medical after lunch::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne> +Aegis+ We are closing in on the position. Tarisa: Miana> ::Also sits:: Dacia Sandero: ::checks up on the patients:: mimipavilion: ::on the CnC:: Chirakis: Lt Slater> +Aegean+ Moving into position aye. Chirakis: :::looks up at the screen to watch Aegean take position::: Scott Coleridge: @::Tarisa:: I'm thinking we'll do some baseline scans first to confirm what the Deke Slayton has been sending us. Then I would like yours and Commander Cayne's thoughts on my idea about adjusting a torpedo to disrupt the phenomenon. Tarisa: @ ::Nods.:: Yes Commander. ::Tapping on her console.:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::enters her office to finish her work::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Nibbles on her chicken tenders.:: Scott Coleridge: @::pulls up his own feed of results:: Chirakis: Lt Slater> +Aegean+ Aegean is in position, Commander. Holding steady. Tarisa: @ ::Starting her scans.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne> I'm not sure if adding energy to the equation helps or hurts. Alexis McFarland: ::eating her burger:: Chirakis: ::her arms cross, checking every screen above as she watches the Aegean move into position:::: Amanda Davis PhD: :::steps out of her office to begin her rounds::: Scott Coleridge: @::Cayne:: It's a calculated risk to be sure. But we aren't doing anything to it right now, it's still expanding slowly. We need to disrupt the current parameters. Scott Coleridge: @ A controlled subspace detonation *might* just do that. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nijil keeps an eye on the systems of the station on his personal pad, but the voice in his head continues to speak :: Amanda Davis PhD: ::one a baby, two a baby, three a baby, four::: (w) I guess it's the time of year. Dacia Sandero: Yes, that time of year. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Renters medical :: Dacia Sandero: Hello? Chirakis: ::::::watching the Aegean settle in::: Amanda Davis PhD: :::waves Dacia to help with the newborns::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Sees Davis and Sandero with newborns, goes over :: Dacia Sandero: ::walks over and helps Amanda, bundles one up in a blanket and weighs it:: Dacia Sandero: I gotcha. Scott Coleridge: @::looking at the readings, pondering:: I wish I were more excited by this phenomenon... I could get a paper out of this but it's just annoyingly inscrutable. Amanda Davis PhD: ::Hears the sound of male shoes on the deck and turns::: Commander Korjata, you can't be in this area. They are too young. Amanda Davis PhD: I mean... that the babies are newborns. Scott Coleridge: @ It's not a generative effect, yet it also isn't a semi-stable system. There's something we aren't seeing in the data, some interaction we've missed so far... ::staring at the numbers like he might be able to see the absence of something:: Dacia Sandero: You need help, Nijil? I think Mimi's in her office if you wanted to speak with her. Nijil tr'Korjata: Muuhi had questions...I don't know how this program in my head works. mimipavilion: ::monitoring the situation of Aegean:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne > Nothing on tactical, Chirakis: Lt Slater> ::watching the ship:: Nijil tr'Korjata: These pulls to medical in my head are distracting. Tarisa: @ Sensors confirm what the Deke Slayton has seen. Dacia Sandero: I see... Nijil tr'Korjata: I'll head out. I still need to work on some kind of translation device. Amanda Davis PhD: ::smiles::: I'm not surprised, Commander. Nijil tr'Korjata: I will take the both of us to sensor control. Dacia Sandero: OK, come back if you're feeling worse. Nijil tr'Korjata: We are feeling fine, just never alone. Alexis McFarland: ::watching people go by:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: the door hisses closed :: Dacia Sandero: Ah, I know that feeling.. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne > The composition in this area has remained stable. Scott Coleridge: @::Tarisa:: What do you think about the torpedo idea? We could adjust the yield and dispersal pattern to account for these instabilities here…. ::points at regions labelled on a map of the area:: I'm thinking that would cause a chain reaction and disperse the field that's disrupting our warp engines. Tarisa: Miana> That one over there smells like vanilla. ::pointing to a lady farthest out of the group of people that go by.:: Think she went to the smelly store? Nijil tr'Korjata: Muuhi ~~ They were so cute! ~~ :: she said loudly in his head :: ~~ They don't have much fur ~~ It's hair, not fur. Chirakis: Lt Slater> :::checking the Aegean's position to make sure it's secure in the position. Alexis McFarland: Hmm, vanilla. I know that store... Alexis McFarland: They have some nice smelling things in there. Tarisa: @ I think it is worth exploring. I recommend a small yield in case there is an adverse effect to the released energy. Dacia Sandero: ::Caring for another baby:: Tarisa: Miana> Most of it is too strong for me. Nijil tr'Korjata: Muuhi ~~ Have you told her yet? ~~ No, but would you not know that? Alexis McFarland: ::nods:: Yeah, me too. Scott Coleridge: @ Good idea. If a small yield has a positive effect, we could increase the yield or perhaps configure a spread of torpedoes to attack the entire phenomenon. Tarisa: @ ::Nods:: Scott Coleridge: @::Cayne:: How long will it take to reconfigure a torpedo to these parameters? ::sends:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne > A few minutes, most of it in a safety simulation. Chirakis: ::leans over the decking below CnC:: +Nijil+ Commander tr'Korjata, give those children something to work with... NOT to eat. Pull them out of the area if you must. Understood? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne > Applying the update now... Amanda Davis PhD: :::carefully cleaning a new baby before it... actually he... gives it to his mother and father::: Nijil tr'Korjata: +Chirakis+ I would imagine the park needs some maintenance. Chirakis: +Nijil+ Agreed. Chirakis: Lt Slater> Holding the Aegean steady, ma'am. Alexis McFarland: ::finishes her meal, and relaxes:: Where to next? Chirakis: Steady as she goes, Lieutenant. Nijil tr'Korjata: +Miana+Alexis+Annisha+ This is SubCommander Korjata. I have a new project for you three. Meet me in the park. Tarisa: Miana> ::Was about to say something before the comm came up.:: Uh... Alexis McFarland: 'Ooooh... Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha > :: Looks at the other two :: He means work. Tarisa: Miana> work? You mean like a quest? Alexis McFarland: What kinda work? Oooh... quest. ::walks with the others:: Chirakis: :::steps back to the main console:::: Alexis McFarland: I was probably gonna suggest we go for a round of raiding if your father didn't call us. Chirakis: Lt Jazon> Captain, incoming from SF Command. ::Hands it over::: Scott Coleridge: @::Cayne:: Torpedoes ready? mimipavilion: ::still keeping an eye on Aegean while doing some of her paperwork:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne > Yes, ready at your command. Chirakis: ::takes the PADD and puts it aside to watch the torpedos::: Tarisa: @ ::Observes:: Scott Coleridge: @ Fire one of the torpedoes towards the centre. Dacia Sandero: ::Checks the mothers' and babies' bio-signs:: mimipavilion: ::watches:: Alexis McFarland: ::follows Miana and Annisha:: Amanda Davis PhD: How are they doing, Dacia? Dacia Sandero: They're all doing quite well, the babies are a healthy weight. Amanda Davis PhD: They certainly do look healthy. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters the park :: Tarisa: Miana> ::Arrives at the park, looking around.:: Chirakis: +Nijil+ The ENTIRE park, Commander. They do the work. You watch. Nijil tr'Korjata: +Chirakis+ Already on it. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Waves the Three Table Amigas over :: Chirakis: +Nijil+ Very well. Scott Coleridge: @::waits as the torpedo detonates:: Alexis McFarland: ::walks over to Nijil:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Follows suit.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Seems you three need a project that will keep you off the commerce level for a while and can benefit the entire station. Alexis McFarland: What did we do? Tarisa: Miana> ::Curious look.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: You will be weeding the gardens, tending the greens,... Alexis McFarland: Holographic gardens need weeding? Nijil tr'Korjata: It's what you have been doing, not a specific action...this time. Nijil tr'Korjata: They are not holographic. Alexis McFarland: oooh Chirakis: :::watching as the Aegean, waiting for the explosion::: Alexis McFarland: Just having, lunch? Scott Coleridge: @ACTION> The torpedo detonates. Nothing happens at first. Scott Coleridge: @ Huh, the readings are steady. ::looks out:: Not that I expected much of a visual reaction. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Cayne > Scott Coleridge: @ ACTION> As Scott says this, a delayed but massive explosion occurs, the shockwave rocking Aegean and setting off alarms. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: I'd like to see what happened after that. Chirakis: TBS will be zero. Chirakis: Anything to say Commander Coleridge? Scott Coleridge: Um... oops? Chirakis: heh Chirakis: Sounds good. Chirakis: Words for the crew besides "oops?" Scott Coleridge: No Chirakis: Words from the crew...questions? Alexis McFarland: lol Chirakis: If not, I have a few things to say to the children. Chirakis: They better be working hard all the way across the grass, pools, and otherwise, or they will get more to clean outside the line. Chirakis: Understood? Alexis McFarland: ooh Chirakis: Anyway.... it's late. Time to move on. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.