Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

  1. Yesterday
  2. SD 0809.2020 The Away Team is approaching the planet and preparing to land. Once they land, Chief Rex has ordered them to split into two teams to search for the missing science group.
  3. The AT concludes their meeting with the trapping company executive, without securing an agreement. If they do nothing, Arc will likely be released -- in 2 years. They plan to find their way back through the grav caster network, but end up jumping randomly between planets. chatlog2020-8-2.txt
  4. MISSION BRIEF: A team from Excalibur has been selected to head up a check in/rescue mission of an archaeological team that has missed two check ins. As we pick up, the crew, aboard the Captain's yacht are about to cross the neutral zone, because there's always something isn't there. Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM William Chocox: ::William sits at the pilot console.:: Coming up on the Neutral Zone. Maryse Dubois: ::Sitting towards the back, reading a PADD.:: Irene Mincine: :: Irene's at one of the side consoles doing her best to scan for traces of cloaked ships with the yacht's sensors. :: "Here we go..." Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Sitting at one the consoles aboard the Hengeron -- since apparently people complained Llamrei was too hard to spell -- as hears Will.:: What a pleasant phrase. Indaura Ryssan: This is exciting Indaura Ryssan: I have never been to the Neutral Zone William Chocox: Is it? I try to avoid neutral zones usually. Too much trouble comes from being near them. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> ::Looking positively miserable at the engineering console, paying entirely too much attention to the sensor readings as though the force of his gaze alone could penetrate any cloaked ships.:: Irene Mincine: "Nothing good comes from the Neutral Zone. Especially if you have permission to be there..." Indaura Ryssan: We get to meet new people... Cptn Swain: Rex> See something sensible from Lt. Trouble and Ensign Maker. Must be a full-moon. William Chocox: I am always sensible. Just ask Reynolds. Cptn Swain: Rex> I looked over the information on this planet we're headed too -- does the ship often find itself sent to such lovely locals? Indaura Ryssan: :: Looking at some console display while sitting at her seat :: Irene Mincine: "I'm always serious when we're on mission, okay?" :: She's watching the sensor readings. :: "It's when we get time off that things go sour." William Chocox: Now, whether or not other people around me act sensibly as I'm going through life. That's a totally different story. Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Irene:: Where you being serious or not when you sold the Captain's silverwear. Maryse Dubois: ::Looks up from her read.:: I've seen better...but I've also seen much worse. Cptn Swain: Rex> ...Just for my records Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> Should I close my ears or something? I feel like some of this I shouldn't be hearing. Cptn Swain: Rex>::Snorts at Reynolds:: William Chocox: I trust you to have the discretion to know what parts of our conversations to share with our superiors Reynolds. Irene Mincine: :: Ahem. :: "I don't know what you're talking about." :: She looks at Ensign Reynolds. :: Indaura Ryssan: :: Was expecting more fanfare as they cross the Zone :: Cptn Swain: Rex> So... Tyran III. Cold, wet, "not particularly green." Irene Mincine: "Not a swamp this time?" Maryse Dubois: Yes, make sure you dress warmly. Cptn Swain: Rex> Heck of a place to vacation. "The main digsite is located near the planet's vast oceans along a sandy beach ---" OH a beach. William Chocox: And wear a coat. Cptn Swain: Rex>. "The strong upswells from the ocean currents cause a dense. cold fog to blanket the coast. Further in land is primarily desert.: Cptn Swain: Rex> Seriously. William Chocox: Sound like home. Irene Mincine: "Could be worse. I read over the mission report before we left but didn't have time to check out everything about the planet - we kinda left in a hurry. I'll grab some extra thermal blankets from the extreme-weather kit." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> Any reasons why the sensors won't work to pick up lifesigns? We should be able to pick up their communications from orbit, as well. William Chocox: The fog could cause issues. Cptn Swain: Rex> Because there's always something, Ensign. Apparently the planet's atmosphere scatters Starfleet sensors. This of course includes transporters. Irene Mincine: "Romulan sensors, I'm sure, are unaffected, because that's how things work in the Neutral Zone. Yeah, sensors can't see much of anything on the surface." Cptn Swain: Rex> The last rescue mission I was on -- we had to wear those extra insulated EVA's because it was a Tholian transport ship. Indaura Ryssan: :: Listens to those around her :: Cptn Swain: Rex> So I guess this is an improvement. At least it appears the atmosphere is breathable. William Chocox: Tholian's huh? That sounds interesting. Irene Mincine: "I haven't worn one of those since zero-G training." Indaura Ryssan: I've not met a Tholian before. Cptn Swain: Rex> They're... different. Cptn Swain: Rex> Punctual though. Indaura Ryssan: Very hot from what I have read. Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Will:: How long till we reach the Tyran system? William Chocox: Should be in (insert appropriate time here) sir. Irene Mincine: "So what's our plan when we get there?" Cptn Swain: Rex> We'll set down a little bit out from their basecamp and divide into two teams. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> I get to be on whatever team has the most phasers. ::Muttering.:: William Chocox: I think everyone but the doctors will be armed Reynolds. Cptn Swain: Rex> Micine, Reynolds. Rysann and a Security detail will head to the main dig site. The rest of us will check out their basecamp. Hopefully it's just a borked transmitter. Maryse Dubois: Oh no. I'm definitely carrying a phaser. Indaura Ryssan: I won't be armed? William Chocox: I thought there was some kind of oath or something. Cptn Swain: Rex> If you want to be, Doctor. Cptn Swain: Rex> That's only in the old holovids, I think. Besides, a stun doesn't leave a mark. Irene Mincine: :: Looking to Chocox. "We're dealing with Romulans, sir. I'd carry a phaser rifle if they'd let me." Maryse Dubois: The oath doesn't mean we can't defend ourselves. Cptn Swain: ::Irene:: Don't be so hasty Ensign. We don't know if the Romulans are even involved. Cptn Swain: Rex>* Indaura Ryssan: Is stun harm? William Chocox: ::shrugs:: My parents were professors. Irene Mincine: "Of course. We don't know anything yet." :: She wasn't really getting worked up, it's just her natural disposition when Romulans are involved. :: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> No, we don't know anything yet. But still... that'd be my first guess. ::Huffs.:: Nothing on sensors, but that doesn't mean much. Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Smiles:: Well, then, I want everyone geared up by the time we arrive. Go ahead and get your lunch in -- and Ensign Mincine -- if you can put me together the cliff notes version of the science stuff, I'd appreciate it. I got as a far as "ancient civilization" and started feeling my eyelids get heavy. Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Stands up:: I'll be in the back briefing my goldshirts. Irene Mincine: :: Nods. :: "I'll condense 10,000 years of history into something even they can understand." Cptn Swain: Rex> Much obliged. Cptn Swain: ::Heads back into the "hold" of the yacht, where the Security goons had camped out.:: Maryse Dubois: ::Goes to get ready.:: William Chocox: ::grabs something from the replicator before sitting back down at the controls:: Don't want to depend on MRE's too much. Cptn Swain: ((Next away mission will be a survival training sim, where all you get is old ration chocolate from the first Cardassian War )) Irene Mincine: :: Whips out a PADD and starts writing up an Ancient Civilizations for Pakleds paper for the rest of the team. :: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> ::Considers eating, but still feels a bit sick and would probably hurl all over everyone.:: Cptn Swain: ((That will be an improvement from the Talon survival training sim where our new. XO was hunting us like the Predator and also the Flood showed up.)) Cptn Swain: (( Do either of you remember that )) Indaura Ryssan: ((Not I, before my time perhaps?)) Irene Mincine: (( lol )) William Chocox: ((Never did time on Talon. I was Excal then disappeared, came back for Firefly!Qob, and then when that ended I came back here. Different character though.)) Maryse Dubois: ((I never made it to Talon...but I heard stories.)) Cptn Swain: (( 2 minute warning )) William Chocox: ((::goes into hurry up offense::)) William Chocox: So, what's the skinny on this site? Cptn Swain: ...and... Irene Mincine: "Starfleet dig site, ancient civilizations, you know..." :: She's got two or three PADDs going now, furiously typing away. :: Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM
  5. Last week
  6. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 8/7/20 = /\ = = /\ = 17 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.169 = /\ = TBS is 20 hours. The time is 0700 hours (7:00 am) Aegis Local. Lt Kenickie comes aboard Aegis to join security and covert operations. Science and engineering are examining the strange plants sold on the commerce deck. The plant might contain narcotic and/or metagenic enzymes. One plant is in containment and the other is in medical for examination. The tr’Korjatas are discussing Annisha and Starfleet Academy. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are trapped in the nebula. A Starfleet runabout has entered the nebula to find them. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: ::at her desk in CnC, checking over several reports::: mimipavilion: ::in medical looking over the strange plant:: Dacia Sandero: ::in sickbay, treating some Pakleds:: Amanda Davis PhD: ::with Mimi::: It does have a very strange smell. Kansas Kenickie: :::Not sure if I am still with my guide or not:: Jylliene: ::CnC, ops:: mimipavilion: ::Amanda:: It does, doesn't it. Sierra Robinson: :: walking from her quarters to her shift :: Chirakis: :::wondering where Cdr Cayne is taking the new Lt this time:::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Sleeping peacefully.:: Alexis McFarland: ::sprawled out in her bed fast asleep:: Jylliene: ::reading the previous shift's report:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Meets up with the Lt.:: Ah, there you are. Kansas Kenickie: ::Turns around::: Sir Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Hated mornings... and it felt a bit like evening still as he walked to his morning shift :: Amanda Davis PhD: Oh, my.... :::minimal sneeze:::: Tarisa: ::Sitting at her desk, reading. A cup of hot tea and a breakfast pastry are close by.:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Are you ready for a tour of the commerce level? Amanda Davis PhD: :::dons a mask::: Annisha: :: Eats her breakfast. Still suspicious of everyone. :: Kansas Kenickie: Commerce? Sierra Robinson: :: stops by Liquids on the Commerce Level for some Hot Coffee to go :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Where the shops and restaurants are. mimipavilion: ::grabs a mask as well:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Starts his walk :: I am sans coffee at the moment...so I am dragging. Never was a morning person. Kansas Kenickie: Sure thing, let's take a look Chirakis: :::sniffs the air, wondering what it is::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters the engineering level. The big doors swish open to the activity within :: mimipavilion: ::grabs a tricorder and scans the plant:: Sierra Robinson: :: at the Liquids Bar :: Double sugar please...thank you. Amanda Davis PhD: ::pulls on gloves and has her scanner ready in case Mimi wants her to assist:::: Kansas Kenickie: I try not to take in too much caffeine. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::in the park surveying the foliage for anything out of the ordinary:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: To each their own. :: steps into a lift :: Alexis McFarland: ::hugs her pillow:: Mmm.. Amanda Davis PhD: ::muffled in the mask:: Didn't I hear something about dangerous chemicals in these plants? Kansas Kenickie: :::Looks around the commerce area:: How many stores are there? Sierra Robinson: :: awaits and checks the Federation News Network feed on any updates :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: A product of many long missions. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: How many? Hmm.. Nearly 30. Kansas Kenickie: Are we responsible for their security as well? mimipavilion: ::luckily she's back a bit from the plant:: Yes, a narcotic type chemical. ::struggles to get anything from the plant:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Even more places to eat. Blubby's, the Ferengi fast food place for instance. Kansas Kenickie: Or do they supply their own? Sierra Robinson: Bajoran Barista who is hustling with the rush> Hot Coffee..sugar twice and cream?? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I perform both external and internal security. Chirakis: :::sniffs again:::: Sierra Robinson: Can I get a lid for that? Kansas Kenickie: do I? Chirakis: ::putting her tablet into its holster, she stands and approaches Jylliene::: Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: opening the Pakled Pop Up Store :: mimipavilion: ::turns to Amanda:: This plant is not giving any useful readings. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Internal for now, external when we need. No doubt :: gestures to a window :: we will be needed out there soon. Jylliene: ::glances up as Chirakis approaches:: Chirakis: :::waits until she is not as busy as she is now::: Kansas Kenickie: I am not a fan of guarding Ferengi. Jylliene: ::nods to the captain:: Sierra Robinson: :: receiving lid and napkins makes a quick exit to get to Engineering :: Kansas Kenickie: Most of the time they get what they deserve. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: They 'try' to keep on the up and up...within the regulations of Starfleet protocols. They do a brisk business. Could it be a front? Alexis McFarland: ::opens her eyes and smacks her lips, decides to stay in bed anyway:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: shrugs :: Chirakis: Commander... have you any idea what that smell is? Tae'Lynn Dran: ::takes a sample of some fungus:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: So, if I may ask, why a space station? Or was this not your choice? Sierra Robinson: :: arrives in Engineering Coffee in hand :: Jylliene: Other than very off-putting, no, I do not. Tarisa: Miana> ::Gets all twisted in her blanket like a pretzel. Still sound asleep.:: Kansas Kenickie: This wasn't my first choice, but I go where they tell me to go. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Standing in the center of the main engineering level, talking to people :: mimipavilion: I need to report this to science as well as CnC. Chirakis: And.... no reports regarding that smell.... interesting. Jylliene: None as of yet. The shift has barely begun. Chirakis: True. Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to the large 3D Holo display of Aegis where CENG Korjata is discussing things with the team :: mimipavilion: ::sends a message to CnC and science that the plant in medical has yielded no results and that there is a smell emanating from said plant:: Tarisa: ::Finishes her breakfast, she shuts things down and head out of the lab.:: Alexis McFarland: ::yawns, and closes her eyes after checking the time:: Jylliene: ::hears a beep, looks at an incoming message:: Oh. This could be something. Annisha: :: Eats her energy bar and heads out of her quarters :: Jylliene: Message from medical, says there is a smell emanating from a plant they are studying. Chirakis: Actually... it smells like.... what do you call something that comes out of the mouth when one is ill? Sierra Robinson: :: listens in, not to interrupt :: Jylliene: ::stifles an internal queasiness at the thought:: Chirakis: I see..... and it is that powerful? Nijil tr'Korjata: ... I know this is not what we are used to on this station, but my time with the Yith taught me some things. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: sniffs and wonders where the that...stink.....is coming from :: Jylliene: ::shrugs:: I shall ask. They may not know we're smelling anything up here. Scott Coleridge: ::enter the CnC:: Jylliene: +Med+ Ops to medical. Kansas Kenickie: What are you expecting of me Sir? mimipavilion: +Jylliene+ Mimi here Tarisa: ::Takes a lift to CnC. Once she arrives, she is almost floored by the smell. She covers her nose and mouth.:: Jylliene: +Mimi+ Just how strong does that plant smell? We've got a rather off-putting odor up here. Amanda Davis PhD: ::listening::: mimipavilion: +Jylliene+ It's rather strong here that we're wearing masks here in medical. Didn't realize that it was that strong. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: walking along, close to those Pakleds :: Chirakis: :::nods to Tarisa as she moves to the main science station::: Jylliene: +Mimi+ What was the origin of the plant? Sierra Robinson: Bajoran Barista> :: mentions a gross smell to her supervisor :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Notices a caustic smell of unknown origin. Cayne's stomach started to turn :: Oh my g/// mimipavilion: +Jylliene+ What was reported to me was that it was brought by the Pakleds. Chirakis: :::scans for reports of smells::: Jylliene: ::inward groan:: +Mimi+ Thank you, doctor. Scott Coleridge: ::notices a smell:: Ummm mimipavilion: +Jylliene+ No problem. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: starts to wretch :: Smells like the inside of a Horta. Scott Coleridge: ::heads over to Ops:: Is that from the plants? Jylliene: ::cuts com:: Captain - the plant that medical is studying is from the Pakleds. Sierra Robinson: :: listens to the CENG discuss the Yith :: Kansas Kenickie: :::Looks around at all the shops::: Any of these I should be keeping an eye on? mimipavilion: ::to Amanda:: Now we need to get rid of this plant immediately. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::collecting some pollen traps she set up around the park:: Chirakis: Hm... there is a trail on the commerce deck that engineering is cleaning up. Alexis McFarland: ::zzz:: Tarisa: ::Trying to breathe through her hands. Ears completely lowered.:: Why...does...it...smell? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: to other engineers :: They had a different set of work standards, so in the next few days I will lay them out for all to comment on. Annisha: :: Knock knock knocking on Alexis' door :: Chirakis: :::looks to Tarisa::: Emergency equipment ::points::: You might want to slip on a mask if you need to. Chirakis: ::sighs and walks away from the main system::: Sierra Robinson: :: ponders :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Or a nose. mimipavilion: +Tarisa/Tae'Lynn+ We need to get rid of this plant here in medical, anyway we can get samples of the plant and get it off the station. Tarisa: ::Nods, as she is already looking a little pale. She pops open the gear and equips a mask. It takes a moment, but she is feeling better.:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I smell bile.... Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Wish I did not know that. Chirakis: ::looks to Scott:: It is a horrible smell, Commander. Kansas Kenickie: ::Sniffles::: is that normal? Scott Coleridge: ::goes to the engineering station on CnC:: I'll see if I can increase the efficiency of the scrubbers. Chirakis: An excellent idea. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Continues :: And... :: notices a series of alerts from the environmental systems :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Smells? Yes. This bad of a smell? No. Jylliene: ::goes for a mask too:: Alexis McFarland: ::gets up and opens the door:: Hello? Kansas Kenickie: Good thing we aren't in engineering. Sierra Robinson: :: notes environmental :: mimipavilion: +Tarisa/Tae'Lynn+ do you respond? Alexis McFarland: ::rubs her eyes:: jolan good morning. Amanda Davis PhD: ::::dons gloves to examine the plant::: Should I take a sample, Doctor? ::to Mimi::: Amanda Davis PhD: Or have you already taken one? Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Commander, could we somehow lock on to all of the plants on the station and beam them away? Annisha: It's your master. :: evil laugh :: Nah, it's just me. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Let's get a leaf and some soil. Tarisa: ::Composes herself.:: +Mimi+ You should be able to get samples with no trouble, unlike the specimen that is in containment. Sierra Robinson: Detecting a dramatic spike in Particulate matter.... Cdr Wyatt Cayne: +CnC+ Commander Cayne here. We have a very acute smell on the commerce level. Alexis McFarland: Hehehe. Wanna go see if Miana's awake? She's just next door. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::finishes the survey of the park:: mimipavilion: +Tarisa+ Understood. We're getting on it right now. I'll let you know when you can get rid of this plant here in medical. Sierra Robinson: :: feels a sneeze coming and holds it :: Alexis McFarland: ::still in her PJs:: Tarisa: ::Looks to Scott.:: I haven't seen a reason why we can not, Commander. Sierra Robinson: Sir...:: to CENG Korjita :: Kansas Kenickie: Do you know where my quarters are? Far from this area I hope mimipavilion: ::Amanda:: I'll get the leaf and you get the soil samples. Let's move quickly. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: opens up the display :: Hmmm, several reports of smells on the station Nijil tr'Korjata: Yes Lt.? Chirakis: +Cayne+ Scrubbers are working hard, Commander. Use the emergency masks if you need them. Kansas Kenickie: Or is medical expecting me for a once over. Sierra Robinson: It is a Particulate.....we could increase usage of the scrubbers.... Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: I suppose we'd need to be careful to isolate only plants that are not being held by humanoid lifesigns, to avoid beaming people into space. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: We should get some filtration masks. This way. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Actually close to my sharpshooter. Tarisa: ::Nods in agreement.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::heading for a lift at the edge of the park:: mimipavilion: :: after getting one leaf off, grabs another just in case:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Opens up a box at a junction. Grabs two masks :: mimipavilion: ::Amanda:: Do we have enough soil samples? Kansas Kenickie: :::Follows him::: I can take the smell... or is it a health reason. Sierra Robinson: We will need to find out what is causing it though...hmm...:: puts hand on forehead and takes a step back :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Smell could be something else. Put this on. :: hands her the mask :: Sierra Robinson: Damn allergies... Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Has a skeleton view of the station. Smelly areas in green :: mimipavilion: Amanda? Kansas Kenickie: ::Slips the mask on::: have you always been security on this station? Annisha: When exactly do au get up ? Sierra Robinson: Orders? Nijil tr'Korjata: Hope the environmental systems can keep up. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: seen putting out ...Marigolds :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Puts his mask on as a breeze fills the commerce level :: Chirakis: +Dran+ Chirakis to Lt Dran. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::arrives at the lab and starts loading samples into analyzers:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: That smell is close. Tae'Lynn Dran: +Chirakis+ Dran here. mimipavilion: ::notices the amount of soil samples:: Ok I think we're good. Chirakis: +Dran+ Is there a possibility that these plants are extremely dangerous? Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Do you want help programming the targeting scanners? Sierra Robinson: :: puts her hand on the console :: Woah...dizzy. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Please. Nijil tr'Korjata: Computer, seal off the main engineering level. mimipavilion: ::pulling Amanda back:: +Tarisa+ Please get rid of the plant here in medical. Tae'Lynn Dran: +Chirakis+ Quite likely I imagine. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Gets out his phaser :: Sierra Robinson: :: sneezes into elbow...:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Like I'm gonna phaser it away... Chirakis: +Dran+ Apparently it is affecting the commerce level. Going to yellow alert. Chirakis: ::looks to Jyl::: Sound yellow alert. Scott Coleridge: ::joins Tarisa at science:: Load up the DNA profile from your scans. Annisha: :: pokes her head out of Alexis' quarters :: Ewww... Tarisa: +Mimi+ One moment. ::Gets a lock on the medical plant.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: +Chirakis+ I am just beginning to analyze samples from the park. Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: Captain, we're working on a plan to get rid of the plants with the transporters. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: This will help. Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Good, medical can be our test run. Sierra Robinson: :: walks over and takes a seat not looking too good noting a bloody nose and blood on where she stifled her sneeze :: Oh dear... Tarisa: Ready to energize. Scott Coleridge: Scanners calibrated. Energizing. Chirakis: Excellent, Commander. The air could be very dangerous. Jylliene: (Oops. sorry, drifting off.) Scott Coleridge: ACTION> Plants in medical are beamed into space. Jylliene: ::Yellow alert sounded:: Alexis McFarland: What happened? Sierra Robinson: Nijil I think I need to visit sickbay... mimipavilion: ::sees the plants disappear...permanently:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Must be one of these Pakleds. Chirakis: :::Scott::: Is there a possibility that whatever is left on the station could be deadly? Tarisa: Miana> ::Suddenly wakes up a screams.:: Amanda Davis PhD: Oh, my... Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks her over :: If you must. Can you walk there?> Tae'Lynn Dran: ::jotting down notes as data starts to come in:: Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: You'd have to ask medical. Tarisa: ::Begins on targeting more plants, specifically those on Commerce.:: Scott Coleridge: It looks like we can lock on to the plants with transporters and beam them off the station, though. Alexis McFarland: Yellow alert? Sierra Robinson: ::: I think..so...gets up tries to walk and collapses unto floor...with blood from her nose, ears:: Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: I recommend setting the scanners to only lock on when there are no humanoids within a 1-metre radius, just to be safe. mimipavilion: ::gathers up the samples and takes them to Science:: Dacia I'm going to Science with these samples. Scott Coleridge: We might miss a few plants this way but it's less paperwork. Chirakis: ::nod::: +Mimi+ Dr Pavilion, are residual specks in the air and on the station dangerous to inhale? Amanda Davis PhD: :::staying here::: Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: We'll start decontaminating the station deck by deck, but it'll take some time. Tarisa: Miana> :;Runs out of her quarters, still in pj's. She has a blanket wrapped around her. She bangs on Alexis' door.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: Very interesting. ::taking more notes:: Alexis McFarland: ::opens the door:: Miana? What's wrong? Kansas Kenickie: ::Hands on hips::: What do you normally do with ::Swirls hand around::: Smell thing, leave it to engineering or are we supposed to do something? Tarisa: ::Makes adjustments.:: We are ready. Alexis McFarland: ::hugs Miana:: Chirakis: :::Scott:: Understood. We will remain at yellow until the situation is no longer dangerous. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Runs to Robinson :: Lt! mimipavilion: +Chirakis+ I wouldn't rule it out. I'm taking some samples from the plant that was in medical to science to be fully analyzed. Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: Recommend we issue a station-wide advisory to avoid any and all contact with these plants and to report any sightings of them outside the commerce level. Sierra Robinson: :: blood on ears nose and side of lip :: Nijil tr'Korjata: +Sickbay+ Beam Lt. Robinson directly to sickbay! Chirakis: +Mimi+ Very well. Proceed. Tarisa: Miana> ::frowns.:: Alarms scared me... I do not feel good....smell bad... Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Energize at will. After you've cleared the commerce level, target other habitation decks next. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: wipes the blood on his uniform :: mimipavilion: ::takes the samples to science to be analyzed:: Alexis McFarland: Yeah, there's a weird smell. I don't know what it is. I heard the alarms too, wonder what's happening. Sierra Robinson: :: moves her head slightly :: Chirakis: ACTION> Several Pakleds come out of a room on the commerce deck, covered with puke. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Energizing. ::Begins beaming plants not in the vicinity of people out.:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Oh my. :: Points :: Look Lt. mimipavilion: ::arrives in science and sees Tae'lynn:: Dacia Sandero: ::wonders what the smell is as well:: Kansas Kenickie: ::::Starts to not like the people that placed her here::: Kansas Kenickie: Lovely. Kansas Kenickie: Maybe we should get out of the way and head someplace else? Tae'Lynn Dran: ::switching out some of the samples:: Scott Coleridge: ::leaves Tarisa to her work and approaches Chirakis:: This gives me an idea. mimipavilion: Tae'lynn here's some samples from the plant that was in medical. Tarisa: ::Continues beaming as soon as she gets safe locks.:: About 50% of the Commerce is clear. Chirakis: +Security+ Send a HAZMAT crew to the commerce level and take the Pakleds into secluded custody. Tae'Lynn Dran: Oh, thank you. Sierra Robinson: :: has blood on her uniform..not puke :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: +Chirakis+ Understood. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: turns to Keneicky :: Great. Dacia Sandero: :;gets a comm from engineering about a medical emergency:: mimipavilion: The plant that we had was beamed off the station. I believe they are beaming any other plants like it off, if there's more like it. Tae'Lynn Dran: Here, look at this. These are samples from the park. In a few I've found altered DNA. mimipavilion: ::takes a look:: Interesting. Sierra Robinson: Sorry..sir.... Kansas Kenickie: Is their puke a hazmat or what made them puke? Dacia Sandero: ::instructs the computer to beam the engineer (Robinson) to sickbay in an isolated ward:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I don't know. Something did not agree with them. Chirakis: ::sighs::: Pakleds..... Sierra Robinson: :: is beamed to Sickbay :: Tae'Lynn Dran: I didn't find any of the Sample B type plants but I think their chemicals have still had an effect. Kansas Kenickie: Annoying Karl> :::Steps into Sickbay:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Is covered in blood :: Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: We could use this as an opportunity to keep the Pakleds quarantined while we investigate their possible smuggling operation. Chirakis: Agreed. Quarantine the Pakleds and look for a smuggling operation. Dacia Sandero: ::heads over to where Robinson was beamed to and looks her over:: mimipavilion: ::Nods:: hopefully the samples I brought of plant B will help. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Well, then. I hope no one was snacking during the sim. Chirakis: So TBS will be until noon of this day. Chirakis: Comments, Commander Coleridge? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: Very well... Chirakis: Well done, crew. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  7. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |7 August 2020 17 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.169 TBS is 20 hours - the time is 0700 hours (7:00 am) Aegis Local. Lt Kenickie comes aboard Aegis to join security and covert operations. Science and engineering are examining the strange plants sold on the commerce deck. The plant eaten by the Pakleds might contain both narcotic and/or metagenic enzymes that could change their DNA. One plant is in containment and has proven indestructible. The other is going to sick bay for the doctors’ examinations. The tr’Korjatas are discussing the possibility of their 12-year-old daughter entering Starfleet Academy. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are trapped in the nebula, reason unknown. Starfleet has entered the nebula to find them.
  8. Beyond Time Nebula 231 USS Rodman’s Commander Julian Trajan wandered among the crew while they gathered and assessed information, then passed it on for analysis. “There’s nothing better than floating through nebular mist in an uncharted nebula,” he whispered as he passed specialist Lt Jim Graves. “Copy that, sir,” Graves retorted, smiling as he continued to work. "Couldn't get better than this." Trajan stopped next to him, crossed his arms and leaned against the console. “Ohhh… you weren’t supposed to hear that, Lieutenant,” he smirked. “Guess I’ll have to dock your pay.” Graves continued working, trying not to return the smirk. “Guess so, sir. That’ll add up to... how many? Somewhere in the hundreds?” “Someth’in like that. I lost count a few years ago," he said casually, looking up at the ceiling. Close by, Ens Tory's jaw dropped and she tossed a questioning glance at Graves. “Guess I’ll just have to go hungry, then, sir.” Graves shrugged and continued to work. “Yeah, well….” Trajan pushed off from the console to give Graves a firm pat on the back. “I have a few apples that need dealing with. That should do you for… well… at least a little while.” Trajan moved on. Graves resumed working. Ens Tory stared for a minute before leaning toward him to whisper, “Is he serious about that, sir? I mean… not letting you eat?” Graves paused in his work and quirked a brow, trying not to laugh. “We do have replicators, Ensign.” Her confusion ended in, “Oh. I…uh… of course sir.” Smart girl. Definitely fresh from the academy. Trajan relaxed at his console before hailing Chi Song, and Agincourt for their daily briefing. It seemed strange that the nebular mist would continue its pace with the same colors, denoted by the ship's personnel as “soft, wispy hues of pale pink intertwined with beige, cream, aquamarine, deep yellow, vividly glittering gold and light blue sweeping around the ships, fading, then reappearing on the other side”. Why didn’t the mist just fade away after a day or two, as usual. He’d explored nebular mist several times before. Why didn't this one dissipate then reappear in a different form? After scouting the nebula for almost twenty days, and the same mist is still here? He elbowed an armrest and leaned back to think while stroking his chin. “Problem, Commander?” Graves asked, turning to face him. “Uh… no, Lieutenant,” he responded, straightening up and pointing to the chrono. “Take over and keep watching that section of the nebula, Jim. I got… well, you know.” “Aye, sir. Report to Starfleet Command.” “You got it,” he replied, stepping into his ready room, then grabbing hold of the door to lean out. “Do me a favor, Jim. Check out Sarah’s dark nebula close to the rift. She’ll fill you in.” He heard only half the ‘eye sir’ before the door closed and Trajan logged on. “You’re late, Julian,” Captain Tzau muttered pensively as he flicked through his PADD. “So is Mirida, so I’m assuming that both of you are wondering about this nebula the same way that I am.” “The nebular mist, Captain?” “Um….” He nodded with pressed lips, then leaned into the screen as Captain Lopez appeared, obviously worn and looking like she hadn’t slept for days. “Marida? Is something wrong?” She sighed, nodding to both. "Yeah. We'll never get out." After a long pause and exchanged looks, Ling leaned back. "What do you mean ‘we’ll never get out’?” “A few days ago,” she began slowly, “we finished exploration on our side of the mist, slipped our information to Starfleet Command and moved out to explore other areas of the nebula. The mist followed us. No matter where we went... it followed.” She paused for a deep breath. “It’s… it’s like a wall, Ling. It literally flipped us over when we tried to punch through. It did some damage to the ship. Sent a mayday to command. No response.” “No response,” mused Trajan. “Come to think of it, I haven’t received anything from command. Have you, Ling?” “No, I haven’t. Apparently something is blocking communication. And we sure as hell need to figure out what’s going on with that mist.”
  9. Manticore Brief Stardate 52008.03. Commander Kenickie has friends in high places. Manticore has left New Las Vegas and has found an asteroid that looks like home. =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Amanda Davis PhD: :::checking out the captain, and he seems ready to go:: Erich Jaenke: :: Jaenke felt empowered as he had been sitting in the captain's chair for a while :: Erich Jaenke: Helm, slow to quarter impulse and plot a course inside this asteroid field. Erich Jaenke: Find a cosy spot with high metal content to diffuse sensors. Erich Jaenke: :: Helm does so :: Callista Tyrel: :: looks out the viewport in the lounge..still decompressing after what she saw on in the courtroom , the asteroid field almost looks relaxing :: Gila Orrak: :: Doctor Orrak scans McFly :: Hmm Gila Orrak: Interesting.. McFly: ::surprisingly little brain activity:: Erich Jaenke: ACTION: The Manticore slowly enters the asteroid field, weaving gently between the spaces safe for travel Callista Tyrel: :: still in her dress uniform looking outward as the viewport seems to pan... the duty helm officer must be enjoying herself :: Erich Jaenke: :: Checks to make sure the ship is in ship-shape before getting between a rock and a hard rock place :: Gila Orrak: How do you feel Captain? Cmdr JFarrington: :::enters the bridge, still in uniform::: Evening Commander Jaenke. Looks like a nice place to stop. :::she nods to the forward screen::: Amanda Davis PhD: :::finishing the captain's information, diagnosis, etc, Gila taking over to be sure he's ready to go::: Callista Tyrel: :: the vision of a courtroom full of dead people pulses in her head despite her attempts to dismiss it :: McFly: ::stirs on the bed; still groggy:: ....I'm tired, can't I get five more minutes? Erich Jaenke: Yes. There were no indications we were followed, but if we need to lose someone, this is the place. Let the crew decompress a bit, but we just need to be sure we can leave at a moment's notice. Amanda Davis PhD: ::glance in his direction with a smile::: Amanda Davis PhD: ::then back to work::: Gila Orrak: Captain, you said that almost an hour ago. :: The Cardassian doctor pressed something into McFly's head :: Gila Orrak: It is interesting to see a fellow Cardassian's work. Callista Tyrel: :: stands and walks with her beverage to the viewport taking in the view, a much better scene :: McFly: ::feels pressure against his head:: So I have to get up now? How long was I out? Erich Jaenke: This is the longest command I've ever had...and the most uneventful. Cmdr JFarrington: Well, Commander, as far as I know not many people are aware of this asteroid, especially because the rest of the asteroids are pretty.... dreary? Looking like asteroids, anyway. Cmdr JFarrington: ::blink:: Uneventful command? Erich Jaenke: Uninteresting no doubt. There are millions of these formations in the galaxy. Cmdr JFarrington: :::slips into the XO's chair::: Erich Jaenke: I was merely speaking of the voyage from NLV to here. Gila Orrak: What year is this again Captain? Callista Tyrel: Nurse Mallory> :: walks over to Gila Orrak and her Patient checking the Biobed readouts as a nurse does... :: Cmdr JFarrington: ::slow nod::: Gila Orrak: :: smiles while she removes the dermal probe :: McFly: ::blinks:: You're making me do math this early in the morning? ....Ugh.... 23xx? Gila Orrak: It's been nearly two weeks. Gila Orrak: Captain Jaenke is doing fine, thanks for asking. McFly: ((what year did first contact happen? It's that year)) Erich Jaenke: (2063 I believe) Callista Tyrel: Nurse Mallory> :: smiles listening to the Captain's humor :: McFly: Captain Jaenke? ...oh god, they did it, the crew mutinied. I knew it would happen eventually. Surprised KK didn't... oh frak! She's in on it isn't she? Cmdr JFarrington: ::settles in::: I've been in this belt... unofficially, of course... and taken a vacation with some friends on that one asteroid. I think you'll like it. Gila Orrak: You and your wife keep trading barbs with respect to injuries Erich Jaenke: I think a vacation was our problem all along. No telling who has a record at this place. What kind of place is this? McFly: Wife? Oh this is still a dream. No one is marrying Kansas. Gila Orrak: I really should get around to reading the personnel files. Gila Orrak: Jaenke is merely sitting in the chair. Callista Tyrel: :: does a brief Picard Maneuver and walks over to the small bar to get another cup of coffee :: Erich Jaenke: +Eng+ Jaenke to engineering, status? Erich Jaenke: :: Felt like he was talking to himself, but he was up here and not down there. Amanda Davis PhD: ::moves to her desk to file her report::: Gila Orrak: Do you believe you are fit for command Captain? McFly: ::looks over at Gila:: Do I look fit for command? Callista Tyrel: Crewman Wrench> + Bridge + Engineering here. Erich Jaenke: :: Watching the larger rocks go past them :: Callista Tyrel: Nurse Mallory> :: looks to Gila :: He might want a shave. Amanda Davis PhD: (And lose that handsome beard? ) Callista Tyrel: Crewman Wrench> +Bridge + Status is good no problems...everything good. Cmdr JFarrington: We should be reaching that asteroid within the hour. Callista Tyrel: :: takes her cup of joe and sits by the viewport looking outward :: Gila Orrak: You are within the norms medically, but mentally only you can judge... or I can after some pointed questions McFly: Brutus> ::manning tactical; shakes his head and thinks to himself "all those dead people":: Erich Jaenke: Good, good. That was a rough departure, I had seen death as a Betazoid. Callista Tyrel: Nurse Mallory> :: the Bolian nurse puts away some redundant Medical equipment :: McFly: Just don't ask me about the lights. Cmdr JFarrington: :::glance to Erich, having forgotten his telepathic abilities:: Gila Orrak: Oh, you have heard that joke? It's very popular in Cardassian circles McFly: ::looks at Gila:: What joke? Callista Tyrel: :: thinks about the courtroom again...:: Erich Jaenke: Having all of your minds register the gravity of what happened at the same time, the intensity building up like an echo in a deep canyon... Gila Orrak: How many lights do you see? Cmdr JFarrington: ::Erich::: (w) I take it that you are out of your medications. Cmdr JFarrington: ::it's been a while so she had almost forgotten that:: McFly: ::looks at Gila wide eyed with tears welling up:: Erich Jaenke: I have not gone to medical to get it yet, but Doctor Orrak wanted to get a complete baseline of my condition. I think she likes me... but only for my mind. :: laughs :: Cmdr JFarrington: :::how many years?.... at least 15::: McFly: ::squeaks out a response:: four lights? Gila Orrak: Captain? :: scans :: Perhaps that jest does not translate.. Cmdr JFarrington: :::slight grin::: Callista Tyrel: ( K K !!! ) Kansas Kenickie: <<<Hello peeps>> Cmdr JFarrington: (Greetings, Commander!) Gila Orrak: :: Looks behind her for how many lights were in the Captain's view :: Hmm. Maybe 10? McFly: ((KK powered a hurricane to be here tonight. That's dedication)) Cmdr JFarrington: In that case, since I know the area I can direct helm while you go to medical. Kansas Kenickie: ((Sky cleared up)) Erich Jaenke: I could pry into each of your minds and perhaps snuff out the intense memory, turn a raging river into a babbling brook, but at what cost to my sanity? Erich Jaenke: :: Gets up :: Perhaps a good idea, at the very least she can get another reading Callista Tyrel: :: looks at her uniform in the reflection of the viewport, the white contrasting with the darkness of space ..:: Cmdr JFarrington: I'm sure she could. Gila Orrak: Your XO is recovering as well, though her problems are not really physical. Cmdr JFarrington: The commander is in sickbay with the captain. I'm here to direct helm. Go for it. Erich Jaenke: I should go. Keep the ship safe Commander Farrington. Cmdr JFarrington: Aye, aye, sir. ::smirk::: Kansas Kenickie: ::Enters sickbay::: McFly: I've been trying to tell that to you guys for years. Erich Jaenke: :: Nods to the bridge crew as he enters the lift :: Sickbay. Callista Tyrel: Nurse Mallory> :: scoots away :: Gila Orrak: Oh in another place I would have popped her a few times. Erich Jaenke: :: moments later Jaenke enters sickbay :: Cmdr JFarrington: :::takes the command chair::: Helm come around to 207.7 at warp 4. Cmdr JFarrington: Around the next asteroid we should see the one we want. Gila Orrak: Well if this just isn't a party? Come in Erich. Callista Tyrel: Crewman Hammer> :: arrives at the engineering console on the bridge, having seen the CENG depart :: Erich Jaenke: :: Walks over to her and the Captain :: Captain. It has been a while. Kansas Kenickie: ::Enters Matt's room:: it's about time you got up. Gila Orrak: :: Recalibrating her tricorder for Betazoid brain patterns :: McFly: It's only been a couple of hours from my perspective. You going to drop me off at the nearest habitable planet and start pirating in the beta quadrant? Callista Tyrel: :: returns to a bench seat near the viewport and gazes :: Gila Orrak: Brain scans are free today...:: begins to scan Erich :: McFly: ::looks over at KK:: I keep wanting to go back to bed but people keep waking me up. Erich Jaenke: :: Searches for Tyrel with his mind :: Cmdr JFarrington: ::relaxing at the beauty of the stars that shine past the asteroid belt::: Kansas Kenickie: :::Shows people the door::: everyone out Gila Orrak: :: While scanning Erich :: Could simply tilt the bed up 90 degrees. Cmdr JFarrington: Helmsman Cocker, watch that next asteroid. It has a mind of its own. Cmdr JFarrington: Cocker> Aye, ma'am. ::;tappity tap:::: Gila Orrak: Oh we'll leave, but remember this is my sickbay Commander. Callista Tyrel: :: a mind trying to clear itself up at the moment :: Gila Orrak: Let's take ourselves to another room, get you a nice biobed Erich Erich Jaenke: Sure :: Leaves with Orrak :: Kansas Kenickie: I let you mind Sickbay... no one owns anything. Kansas Kenickie: Yet. Gila Orrak: :: At another biobed :: Does she always do that? Erich Jaenke: Does it enough. Callista Tyrel: :: gazes outward thinking....:: Kansas Kenickie: :::Sits McFly back down:: better? Cmdr JFarrington: :::stands to watch the screen::: As soon as you round that asteroid, you'll see an asteroid that has a green hew. McFly: Much. It's ironic how the last memory I have is a Cardassian in my face and I wake up to another one. Erich Jaenke: ~~Tyrel~~ Callista... Callista Tyrel: Crewman Hammer> :: looks at the viewscreen on the bridge very curious at where the ship is going :: Gila Orrak: I should have you probe my mind and get a reading on that.. Kansas Kenickie: ::lifts right eyebrow:: Never a good site Erich Jaenke: I am probing another.. Gila Orrak: Oh really? Who? Erich Jaenke: Callista. Cmdr JFarrington: Lt Cocker> Whoa... never seen an asteroid like that one, ma'am. McFly: I guess I was out for a while? Did I miss anything important? Gila Orrak: Oh do tell, a first-name basis no doubt. Callista Tyrel: :: sees the faces of a dead courtroom. not so much the judge...but the others present :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Hugs him:: you had me slightly worried. McFly: ::pulls her in:: I'm ok. Cmdr JFarrington: And you probably won't see many. Drop out of warp and put us in low synchronous orbit. Erich Jaenke: More familiar, the less formal the easier it is. Kansas Kenickie: Just a small break at New Las Vegas, nothing I couldn't fully handle. Gila Orrak: Ah, perhaps I could be simply Gila. Erich Jaenke: That's just it, there is nothing simple about you doctor, when you dig a little deeper. McFly: Damn, missed out on the blackjack. Cmdr JFarrington: Lt Cocker> She's a beauty, Commander. Callista Tyrel: Crewman Hammer> Impulse engines nominal Commander. Kansas Kenickie: Gambling and a little black dress. McFly: Ugh, don't tease. Cmdr JFarrington: That she is. ::points:: Establish synchronous above the waterfall between those mountains. Gila Orrak: What do you mean? :: puzzled :: Callista Tyrel: Huh? :: snaps out of her gaze and looks around the empty lounge having sworn someone addressed her..:: Geesh... Ghosts now. Kansas Kenickie: ::Smirks::: Hair was down and a little dress Erich Jaenke: There are mental blocks, but I don't think you realize them. Callista Tyrel: Is this my life I want to live?? Callista Tyrel: :: looks outward :: Gila Orrak: My training in the Order, all medical of course. =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Cmdr JFarrington: It's all yours, Commander. Kansas Kenickie: TBS, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 8 seconds Callista Tyrel: 3. 14 hours? Cmdr JFarrington: Heh.... thought so. Kansas Kenickie: Erich should be able to read a dirty mind in that amount of time' Erich Jaenke: Only one? Kansas Kenickie: They are all yours Captain. Kansas Kenickie: oooooooor 2 McFly: let's see if I can remember how to do this. McFly: Well let's give Erich some privacy as he impedes on someone's thoughts... DISMISSED!
  10. Earlier
  11. SD 0802.2020 A team from Excalibur has been selected to head up a check on/rescue mission of an archaeological team that has missed two check ins. As we pick up, the crew, aboard the Captain's yacht, are about to cross the neutral zone, because there's always something isn't there.
  12. MISSION BRIEF: Excalibur is in orbit of Tolen IV where they have been hosting a diplomatic reception ahead of further diplomatic talks on the planet between the government and separatists -- however, William, Maryse, Irene Rex, and Indura have been pulled out of the reception suddenly for a briefing. Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM William Chocox: ::walks into the anteroom, wondering why they've been secreted out of the reception:: (m)I hope it wasn't about the canapés. Irene Mincine: :: Irene finds her way into the anteroom. :: "I didn't drink anything but water and mint tea, okay?" Cptn Swain: Rex>. ::Frowns:: What now Indaura Ryssan: :: Enters the room, thinking if it's not one thing it's another :: Maryse Dubois: ::Steps into the room as well.:: Boring party anyways. William Chocox: ::aside to Irene:: I only had synthetic alcohol. Cptn Swain: ::Asher entered, frowning deeply: William Chocox: Captain on deck? Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> ::Jalen followed the crew out of the reception as soon as he could break free, trailing after Swain. Like the Captain, his expression was pensive.:: Maryse Dubois: Are you questioning that he is the captain? Irene Mincine: :: Irene sees their expressions and starts to look unhappy herself. :: "Did we offend our guests?" William Chocox: More, questioning how formal this situation is. The dress whites are making it a bit incongruous. Maryse Dubois: ::Smirks:: Cptn Swain: ::Smiles slightly:: Sorry to pull you all away from the party. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> Yes, I'm sure you were all enjoying yourselves immensely. ::Dryly:: William Chocox: What's going on sir? Neither you nor Commander Stanton look like this is a good thing. Cptn Swain: A little over an hour ago we received a coded transmission from Starfleet. William Chocox: And whatever it was that hologram of Commander Admiran started it. William Chocox: Oh. Indaura Ryssan: :: Listens :: Cptn Swain: Earlier this week a Starfleet Science team missed their check in. It's now been. 72 hours. Irene Mincine: :: Oh. Irene seems relieved that it wasn't her fault. :: "About what, sir?" Cptn Swain: Starfleet is concerned that something has happened to them. Maryse Dubois: And I imagine you are telling us this is because we are the closest ship? Indaura Ryssan: What kind of science were the performing? Cptn Swain: Correct, but we can't leave with the diplomatic situation so delicate -- it was an archeological dig -- in the Neutral Zone. Irene Mincine: :: Irene looked intrigued. :: "Why were we... I suppose you can't tell us why they were there?" William Chocox: ::blinks:: Come again? Cptn Swain: My understand was we had permission from the Romulan government -- despite recent tensiions. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> But I'm sure we all know how fickle certain... agreements can be. ::He sighed.:: Indaura Ryssan: Any information on what they were digging up would be helpful. Maryse Dubois: I see. Do we have much information? Like was this a joint operation, or was just Startfleet present? Irene Mincine: "Do we have permission from them to go after our team?" Cptn Swain: ::Sips from a glass of synthale:: Just Starfleet. The Romulan government has offered to send a search team themselves, but ... Starfleet wants us to look into it. Cptn Swain: ::Looks at Jalen:: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> ::He nodded slightly.:: The Romulans know that we're going to be there, though we do not yet know if they will send anyone to join us. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> Starfleet believes we should handle it ourselves, though there is something to be said for how a joint effort would look to the rest of the universe. Maryse Dubois: Oh someone will be there. Whether they reveal themselves will be the question. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> ::He pointed at Maryse.:: Exactly. In either case, we'll be watched. William Chocox: ::raises hand:: Are we going to have to take the Miranda-Class again? Maryse Dubois: ::Grimaces:: Cptn Swain: ::Snorts:: No. You'll be taking a shuttle, Irene Mincine: "How far of a trip is it?" Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> The Captain's yacht is nicely outfitted, I hear. ::Slight smirk in Swain's direction.:: Indaura Ryssan: How many of us are going>? Cptn Swain: It hasn't been taken on a proper shakedown, I suppose. Cptn Swain: Rex> Guess everyone but the Captain and... Commander? William Chocox: I imagine the... ::does a quick count of non-command staff:: five of us? Indaura Ryssan: Sounds like we need to arm up for this one. Irene Mincine: "Kind of an odd away team, isn't it?" :: She looks around the room. :: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> You'll be leading the team. ::With a nod to Rex.:: The Captain and I are needed here for the delegation meetings. ::He sighed.:: Chocox, take another engineer with you. If their ship and communications were damaged, you're going to need the additional help. William Chocox: I'll let Reynolds know. Cptn Swain: Rex> I'll make sure Talbot is up to speed on the planetary security protocols. When do we leave? Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> As soon as you're all prepared. I want you gone within the hour. You'll need to take at least a couple more security officers with you, as well. With luck, you won't need them, but better to be safe. William Chocox: How big is this shuttle? Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Nods:: And can we get any more information on what the team was doing ::looks to Irene:: Cptn Swain: The Yacht is more of a runabout isn't it. ::Grins:: William Chocox: (m)Still hot bunking. Irene Mincine: :: Shrugs. :: "Can't have an away team without a scientist." Cptn Swain: Commander Stanton will have everything we have transferred to the runabout. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> Not much of one, anyhow. ::Giving Irene a long look that clearly said 'stay out of trouble'.:: Cptn Swain: Well, if you'll excuse me. I don't want to keep our guests waiting. Good luck. Irene Mincine: :: Irene looks a little guilty. :: "I'll be down there right away." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Cdr Jalen Stanton> ::Gives Swain another nod as he exits and turns to peer at the group.:: We don't know what you'll be facing out there, so prepare for the worst. Get what you need and get to the shuttle as soon as possible. William Chocox: Aye sir. Irene Mincine: "Yessir." :: She looked to the rest of the group. :: "Shall we?" William Chocox: Yes we shall. Anyone seen Reynolds around? Cptn Swain: Rex> So much for the diplomatic junket. Can we take some of the buffet with us in to go boxes? William Chocox: Isn't that a bit...gauche? Irene Mincine: "The replicators can make canapés, sir." Cptn Swain: Rex> ::Considers a joke:: Indaura Ryssan: Wish I knew the mental expectations of this mission. William Chocox: Don't die. Cptn Swain: Well -- everyone you've got an hour. Then I expect everyone to be in the launch bay. Maryse Dubois: ::Nods, leaving to go get ready.:: Irene Mincine: ::Changing out of our dress whites and grabbing our phasers.:: Maryse Dubois: ((I need to take off. Early morning awaits. night night)) Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: (( Night, Doc.)) William Chocox: ::walks out and heads for his quarters to get changed before going to Engineering to get his stuff:: +Reynolds+ Ensign Reynolds, this is Lieutenant Chocox, I need you ready for an away mission in one hour. Cptn Swain: << 3 minute warning >> Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> ::Turns an unhealthy shade of white at the message.:: +Chocox+ S-sir? W-hat? I've got diagnostics running... Indaura Ryssan: This will be great. I love living close to others. William Chocox: +Reynolds+ Those things run themselves. Have another ensign take over, we're going on an adventure! Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: (( Chocox loves to snuggle )) Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> Nooooooooo.... Cptn Swain: << Is that an artifact from Irene being in his brain for a while >> Cptn Swain: << Ithene* >> Irene Mincine: (( ! )) William Chocox: ((What a time.)) William Chocox: +Reynolds+ One hour Reynolds. Cptn Swain: << Maybe that's why Tandaris liked him so much... *cackles* >> Irene Mincine: :: Irene disappears off to her quarters to change back into a regular uniform. :: "Adventure time, adventure tiiiiiiime..." Cptn Swain: ...AND... Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Ens Reynolds> ::His life was over, surely. The universe hated him. He put his head on his desk, mumbling into his comm.:: +Chocox+ Aye, sir. Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM
  13. The Arcadia AT meets with the VP of trapping operations for the company whose trap holds Arcadia. They learn that if the extraction fails, they will likely "just reject it and let it go" and that the extraction process takes a number of "cycles" - an indeterminate amount of time for the starship. The aliens seem aware only of space travel through grav casters but not by actually traveling in spaceships. chatlog2020-7-26.txt
  14. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 7/31/20 = /\ = = /\ = 16 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.168 = /\ = TBS is zero - 1000 hours (10:00 am) Aegis Local. Science is still examining the strange plant that might be dangerous. Several Pakleds are eating it and getting sick. Engineering is monitoring the equipment installed to track power consumption. Nijil and Jylliene are considering Annisha's entry to Starfleet Academy. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are still missing in Nebula 231. A Starfleet Runabout is searching for them in the nebula. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Jylliene: ::walking with Nijil:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::in science lab:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::medical complex, looking over information regarding Pakleds and such:: Chirakis: :::CnC, her office with the door open:::: Dacia Sandero: ::in medical as well, checking over the Pakleds:: Sierra Robinson: + Science + Lt Jg Robinson to Science... Tarisa: ::In the lab with Dran.:: Sierra Robinson: :: on Commerce Deck :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: walking in relative silence with Jy :: Well. Who would have thought being too smart is a topic we'd have trouble with. Scott Coleridge: ::on the CnC, reading a report from science about the Plant:: Alexis McFarland: ::with Miana and Annisha:: Tarisa: +Sierra+ ::Perks up.:: Go ahead. Sierra Robinson: + Tarisa + I have an unusual plant a Pakled gave me...I think you should take a look at it. Tarisa: ::Looks to Dran:: +Sierra+ Did you say a plant? Bring it to the lab right away. Amanda Davis PhD: :::long, extended sigh as she enters the main area of the complex looking for Mimi::: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: grabs her hand :: It's been so long since I last did this. Well... :: thinks :: Yes. Hey, where are we walking to again? Dacia Sandero: ::sighs as well, wondering where these plants came from:: Sierra Robinson: + Tarisa + It’s giving my Tricorder unusual readings.. some sort of chemical reaction going on. Understood...I will be there shortly. Alexis McFarland: ::Lies on the floor:: mimipavilion: ::in her office dwelling on the Pakleds being on the station:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Working at his tactical station, reviewing the night's sensor logs :: Tarisa: Miana> It feels nice not having to worry about school. Annisha: :: Watches her friends :: Alexis McFarland: ::smiles:: Yes, it certainly does! Annisha: Yeah, but now I have to worry about my parents. They are acting weird all of a sudden. Sierra Robinson: :: Walks to Lift but spots a security officer :: Sir...the Pakled outside of the Peter Pakled store...the one munching on plants....The Commander would like you to observe. Alexis McFarland: What'd you do this time? ::still on the floor:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Sits up.:: Acting weird? Are they possessed? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Cayne was torn between looking within and looking without :: Chirakis: :::Exits her office just as the lift opens and stops to watch::: Sierra Robinson: :: to security crewman :: Science wants this plant ASAP.....whatever this thing is....:: shows plant :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: They walked quietly. It was good to get out and just do relatively nothing around the station. :: Tarisa: ::Has a bad feeling.:: mimipavilion: ::mumbles something about the Pakleds always causing trouble:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::gets another scanner ready:: Jylliene: I don't know. I just started walking. Where should we go? Jylliene: Somewhere to think. Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to lift and enters :: Science! Scott Coleridge: ::licks his finger to turn the page on his PADD then realizes that's redundant:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Just anywhere. This place is so much larger than the remote outpost I was on. Chirakis: >>::a security officer steps out and next to him is a young lady in uniform with a badge attached::: Dacia Sandero: ::going through some of their symptoms and whatever info they had on the plants they had ingested:: Kansas Kenickie: ::walks onto the station through the airlock:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::search... search... search... looking for information on Pakleds and illness::: Alexis McFarland: ::rolls onto her side and looks at Miana and Annisha:: Lots of people have been acting weird lately. Sierra Robinson: :: exits lift and proceeds to the main science lab area and stops after entering :: Jylliene: Your office to talk? Or should we grab lunch? Annisha: What did *I* do? :: to Alexis :: I don't know. :: thinks :: I took that test...was that it? Tarisa: Miana> ::Blinks, looking at Alexis.:: Jylliene: Early for lunch, though Tae'Lynn Dran: You said you had a sample for us? Sierra Robinson: :: holding the plant....in her hand in a not very scientific way :: Nijil tr'Korjata: How about the park? Tarisa: ::Frowns as her fears are realized.:: Where did it come from? Tae'Lynn Dran: Set it down here. ::points towards the tray:: Alexis McFarland: I thought you did well in it, not sure why your parents would act weird. ::to Miana:: I don't know, just a feeling I'm getting. Can't really explain it. Kansas Kenickie: :::Takes a long look around:::: Chirakis: Commander Coleridge, I believe that you have a new officer. ::slight nod in his direction:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Pinches Alexis.:: Scott Coleridge: ::looks up:: A… oh yes. I was notified of that yesterday. ::puts the PADD on his console and stands:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Sweeps his hand over the display to change the view :: Sierra Robinson: Yes...Here it is...:: sets in down on the tray :: My Engineering Tricorder detected some unusual chemical...reactions taking place, which I felt was very odd...It never alerts me to plants. Alexis McFarland: Ow, what's that for? Tarisa: Miana> I heard people do that to make sure they are in reality. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Starts their trek to the park :: Sierra Robinson: Lt JG Sierra Robinson by the way...sorry we have not met. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::begins the scans:: Since you could actually get a reading off it, it does not appear to be the same as the one we're investigating. Chirakis: >>:::the security officer steps away and the captain extends a hand ::: Greetings, Lieutenant. Commander Coleridge will take care of you. Alexis McFarland: Ahh, I wish this were a dream. But I'm still not able to fly. Tae'Lynn Dran: Where did you find it? Kansas Kenickie: :::shakes his hand firmly::: Sir. Jylliene: Have you been feeling more adjusted? Sierra Robinson: A Pakled gave it to me....Suggested I eat it. That is another concern I have. The Pakled eating this thing, said they were growing it on the station. Kansas Kenickie: Kansas Kenickie, Lieutenant. Sierra Robinson: And he did not look well despite eating it. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Tarisa, Chief of Science. ::Motions.:: Lt. Dran. I saw you briefly on CnC. ::Pauses.:: But more importantly are there more? Scott Coleridge: ::shakes Kansas' hand:: Commander Scott Coleridge. Welcome to Sky Harbor Aegis. Nijil tr'Korjata: Uhm... yes? No... I don't know. I swear I still see her in my reflection each morning. Then I realize my hair is not long enough and my eyes are not right. Sierra Robinson: Pleased to meet you both. I suspect there are. The Pakled would not...reveal where he was growing it. But mentioned to another Pakled that he could get him some. Jylliene: I imagine that will take some time. Sierra Robinson: I guess that is more a medical issue, but....is this plant....known? Scott Coleridge: ::Kansas:: Uneventful trip out to our little corner of the galaxy? Chirakis: :::walks over to Cayne::: SITREP, Commander. Kansas Kenickie: Thank you, am I getting the nickel tour... or right off to medical for a look under the hood? Chirakis: :::looks up at the tactical screen::: Tae'Lynn Dran: Eating. Then this is not the same as our other sample. Unless Pakled teeth are made of something special. I couldn't scratch ours with a nuclear blast. Tarisa: ::Frowns.:: +Chirakis+ Commander Tarisa to Captain Chirakis. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Looks up :: All is right in the sector. They had a very quiet evening. No unscheduled activity to report. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Internally we are watching this Pakled situation. Sierra Robinson: May I ask what is this Plant you are studying...sounds fascinating. Kansas Kenickie: The trip was calm and boring Sierra Robinson: :: wonders about armored plants :: Chirakis: And the Pakleds are.... still doing their "Pakled thing" as they say? Scott Coleridge: ::Kansas:: Medical is... busy... I think. We might put you to work right away. Well, we'll give you a tour first. But I read in your file that you have experience with covert ops? Tae'Lynn Dran: It's in the other containment chamber. Keeping it away from all energy sources so it doesn't explode or something otherwise problematic. Nijil tr'Korjata: I did so many things trying to repair their generator. I was so afraid of seeing others, but we had to go to the planet to get supplies. Chirakis: :::hears "covert ops" but does not turn::: Kansas Kenickie: I do, I hope that isn’t a problem. Jylliene: ::nods to Nijil:: Sierra Robinson: :: looks to Lt. Dran :: Is this some sort of Chemical....issue inside the plant? Nijil tr'Korjata: I wish you could have seen me. I could not believe it. :: turns to the park entrance :: Tae'Lynn Dran: I should be happy sample B is not the same. But. ::looking at the readings so far:: this could be as troubling if the Pakleds are eating it. Scott Coleridge: ::Kansas:: On the contrary, that's a very impressive resume you have. But I suspect we'll give it a workout in due time. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks for a bench to it on by the artificial lake :: Sierra Robinson: This plant ..could it be dangerous to other plants? Like the ones in the Arboretum ? Annisha: So, are those P-People still around? Amanda Davis PhD: :::page...page...page::: (m) Oh... I hope nothing happens with these... interesting creatures. Tae'Lynn Dran: There are some chemical compounds I can't identify. Jylliene: I'm just happy to have you back, whether or not I ever meet any Yith. Scott Coleridge: Aegis is a hub for commercial activity in this sector. We often need officers who have a certain type of... creativity... when it comes to investigating and inquiring. Kansas Kenickie: it is my best skill. Tarisa: Miana> ::Looks to the others.:: The weird ones? ::Nods.:: Alexis McFarland: Yeah, I think they are. At least they were yesterday when I was last in the commerce section. Tae'Lynn Dran: That's always a possibility. Tarisa: Miana> They have taken over the Commerce level. Alexis McFarland: It seems like that yeah Kansas Kenickie: smuggling a problem around here? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Could feel her meaning in her words :: I guess it was best to have only a few days pass for you. :: gestures to a bench :: Sierra Robinson: I read a book about a starship that brought a specimen onboard....and it took over the entire Hydroponics bay of the ship. Something about invasive species. Tarisa: Miana> A stranger tried to give me something, but I said no and ran. Jylliene: ::sits:: Yes, though I wish it had been just as quick for you. Annisha: They are slow individually, but even ants can do things en masse. Kansas Kenickie: :::Notes all the different types of races poking around the station:: Tae'Lynn Dran: I don't think this has that type of growth potential. Scott Coleridge: ::Kansas:: It can be, from time to time. ::notices that Cayne is free:: Ah, let me introduce you to your superior. Alexis McFarland: They didn't bug me, but that's probably cuz I was with Mr. Moht. Tae'Lynn Dran: I'm more concerned about the chemicals being produced in it's sap. mimipavilion: ::sees a file for new crew member and looks it over:: Scott Coleridge: ::leads Kansas over to Cayne's station:: Commander, Lieutenant Kansas Kenickie. Lieutenant, Commander Wyatt Cayne. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Grumbly old man, Cayne, looks over his map of the surrounding space :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Nods and holds her hand out:: Sir. Sierra Robinson: Hmm... If I am disturbing you by my ...crude grasp of chemical engineering....I can scoot... Tae'Lynn Dran: Some of these are unknown but share some chemical arrangements with narcotics. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Kenickie is it. :: shakes her hand, as he is already standing :: Kansas Kenickie: It is. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: They think standing is better for me... just makes me tired. Welcome to Aegis. Sierra Robinson: :: listens :: Tae'Lynn Dran: No, you're fine. I tend to talk to myself while researching anyways. Always better to have someone that it looks like I'm talking to. Kansas Kenickie: standing is overrated. Nijil tr'Korjata: It was not all bad Jy. I got to nearly live another life, for a time. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::takes a clipping from the plant and puts the leaf in very expensive looking device:: Tarisa: The Command Staff will want to know about this. I will report to CnC with what we have. ::Looks to Sierra:: You are more than welcome to stay and assist. Sierra Robinson: Okay, so this is not...the super danger plant you have in your isolation lab... That is some good news. Uhm....would you contact medical regarding this or do I need to file a report there. Jylliene: ::nods:: Scott Coleridge: Lt. Kenickie will be joining your department. Please give her the usual tour and then feel free to put her to work on any of our latest... priorities. Kansas Kenickie: And thank you..... looks like a different type of hole than I am used to. Tae'Lynn Dran: As soon as I have a better idea what we're dealing with. Chirakis: :::moving to the command chair, preferring that to her office::: Sierra Robinson: Of course... and If I may...may I take a gaze on your "nuclear blast " plant as well? Nijil tr'Korjata: I learned some things along the way. Taught Muuhi how to fly the shuttle, got better at playing that uke I have. Tae'Lynn Dran: This could be a typical salad lunch for Pakleds. mimipavilion: ::after looking at her file::mumbles:: Goodie another security officer. Amanda Davis PhD: ::blink::: Another security officer? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: What kind of hole were you in before this one? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: This is more of a duranium mushroom. Tarisa: ::Exits the lab and heads for the lift.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: Sample A is in isolated containment for the moment. Jylliene: You didn't have the shuttle there, how did you manage to teach her that? Alexis McFarland: ::drinks some chocolate milk:: Sierra Robinson: I am not knowledgeable on the Pakled diet, but they strike me as a species willing to try things first. mimipavilion: ::looks up at Amanda:: Yep Amanda Davis PhD: ::sigh:: I think I've lost track of how many we have now, but the captain depends on them for several reasons.... especially things like.... well.. Pakleds. Jylliene: Or did they have some kind of holosuite as well? mimipavilion: True Nijil tr'Korjata: Their outpost had one for supply runs. Two crew and the cargo. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::hears a beep and checks the readings:: Oh my. Well, they should not have tried this first. Kansas Kenickie: An Ajax class, smuggled myself across space. Nijil tr'Korjata: Holograms, no holosuite. Jylliene: So you learned how to fly their shuttle, and then taught her? Tarisa: ::Arrives on CnC. Immediately picks up a new scent.:: Kansas Kenickie: I had alternative missions. Sierra Robinson: Ruh Roh. What are they ingesting? Scott Coleridge: I'll leave you two to talk shop. ::Kansas:: Do stop by medical eventually, mind. Otherwise Dr. Pavilion won't let me hear the end of it. Welcome to Aegis. Nijil tr'Korjata: Right. She did not turn me into a doctor, though she did scare me a little after I got there. Tarisa: ::Walks over to Tactical, where Chirakis, Coleridge, and company are.:: Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: smiling at his shop watering his ...non-edible...flowers :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Hmm, ever a mission on an icy world? I don't recommend it. Chirakis: ::looks to Tarisa::: Kansas Kenickie: I will sir, and thank you. I hope not to disappoint you. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: thinks of Annisha :: Jylliene: ::leans back a little:: Think we're making the right decision for Anni? Tae'Lynn Dran: These chemicals have a high chance of being a mild narcotic. There's also an unstable metagenic enzyme. That could rewrite their own DNA code if given enough time and dosage. Chirakis: :::she swivels her chair since she seems to want to talk to her:::: Nijil tr'Korjata: I think she needs to at least know they are interested in her. Give her a taste. Kansas Kenickie: ::Smiles at Cayne::: I was on DraTrq 7 once... almost froze everything off. Tae'Lynn Dran: I'll have to run some simulations on Pakled physiology. Nijil tr'Korjata: I'd hate to leave her in the dark. Tarisa: Captain, Commander. ::Sees Cayne as well.:: Good, Commander Cayne is here as well. I need to update security. Sierra Robinson: Metagenic properties? Wow. Jylliene: And if we tell her and she says she wants to go? Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Is this about the plant? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I just had to survey for months, then was plucked off before coming here. Tarisa: ::Hands Cayne a PADD regarding the new plant development.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::hears another beeping:: mimipavilion: Find anything useful on what you were reading. Sierra Robinson: :: quiets :: Chirakis: :::listens:: Tae'Lynn Dran: One moment. ::goes to the containment vessel:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Once she's old enough there's not a great deal we can do to stop, but I can't imagine she would want to leave her friends., Tarisa: ::Nods:: Yes Commander. Lt. Robinson brought us another specimen. She claims that the Pakleds are growing them. Amanda Davis PhD: ::Mimi::: not really. Just that they are an.... interesting species. Sierra Robinson: :: stays put and glances around the science lab :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Are you Ops Kenickie? mimipavilion: True. Kansas Kenickie: I will admit, I have never been planted on a station before. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Gestures to the screen before him :: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::hears a slight buzz:: Tarisa: Fortunately it is not the same species as our first, but Lt. Dran feels it is likely still dangerous. Scott Coleridge: ::facepalm:: Why are the Pakleds growing the plants? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Well here's the station in the center, and the scans to a radius of 10 light years. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::turns back to the other plant:: Is sample B.... humming? Chirakis: ::not... exactly... happy::: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: We have a network of sensor relays throughout the sector. Jylliene: I just want her to have time to be a child. Just a little longer. Jylliene: And mature a little more before taking that step. mimipavilion: I don't know how many times the Pakleds have come on this station and caused trouble. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: What's your specialty Lt.? Sierra Robinson: Humming? :: adjusts her hair and lowers her head to listen :: Kansas Kenickie: Hand to hand... knife work. Sierra Robinson: That is not possible. A humming plant? But it is making a noise. How? Amanda Davis PhD: Well.. this is my first time, Mimi. Can you fill me in? Nijil tr'Korjata: Right. Just think how she'd be treated there. She could be running the place before our first visit. Sierra Robinson: :: steps away very curious about the mystery :: Tarisa: Lt. Dran is still running tests on plant B. I will update when we have more information, but I recommend security politely puts a stop to their growth. Kansas Kenickie: I like to get close... people don’t like when you get up in their face. mimipavilion: Obviously they’re not bright and their speech is a good example of it. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Nice. We have a good sharpshooter on our team. A Cardassian. Jylliene: Or she could be completely shunned and flee before our first visit. Tae'Lynn Dran: That's not unheard of. Actually, quite interesting. It's just that, Sample A which is shielded from all outside electromagnetic sources, it is also vibrating. Scott Coleridge: Understood. Tarisa: Lt. Sierra has observed the Pakleds eating these plants as well. Scott Coleridge: ::facepalm again:: Of course they are. Nijil tr'Korjata: Wonder how she'd feel about advanced classes. Scott Coleridge: ::sighs:: I'll have someone put out a Pakled PSA. Amanda Davis PhD: Are they easily coerced into doing things they shouldn't? Sierra Robinson: I concede...I probably should have taken botany as an elective. mimipavilion: More likely. Kansas Kenickie: I hope keeping some on me won't be a problem? Tarisa: I will be sending a report to medical as well. ::Eyes drift towards the newcomer.:: Jylliene: If the admiral is already aware of her capabilities, they'd keep some eye on access. She won't be the first precocious cadet, nor the last. Tae'Lynn Dran: Well then, time for a field trip. ::takes sample B and puts it on a rolling cart:: I would rather get these two samples away from each other. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I should give you the tour of the station. I don't have any trouble as long as it's Fleet legal. Sierra Robinson: :: deploys her engineering Tricorder :: I never thought to check for a resonance scan... Amanda Davis PhD: So they are easily manipulated. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: No glowing swords or sonic drivers. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Tae'Lynn Dran: Come on, I'm taking this to sickbay. Nijil tr'Korjata: I don't understand how she could test so high. Chirakis: :::a ping sounds on her console:: Sierra Robinson: Understood. :: follows Lt. Dran :: Chirakis: ::excuses herself and enters her office, closing the door::: Kansas Kenickie: Just a regular knife, scanners have a way of not picking her up... even in transport. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Logs off his console :: This station is very large and you are part of a very large team. Sierra Robinson: And the tricorder confirms the plant is ...resonating...but with what? :: follows :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Ah, a composite material. Jylliene: They'd have caught her if she had been trying to cheat, I'm sure. Tarisa: ::Uses her personal PADD to forward a report to Medical.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::moving at a brisk pace through the corridor:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Unless she is *that* good. Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Anything else I should know before I go to... handle this? Sierra Robinson: :: follows :: Chirakis: :::secures the office and Admiral Solokov appears onscreen:: Jylliene: And I'm nor sure she'd really have had reason to try. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Starts to take KK out of the CnC :: Tarisa: ::Thinks:: No Commander, not until I receive more information myself. mimipavilion: ::gets a message alert from Tarisa:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Perhaps she was bored. Tae'Lynn Dran: Any number of chemical reactions could cause that. The stimulus for that and it's purpose however can vary. Amanda Davis PhD: :::learning as much as she can about the Pakleds:::: Scott Coleridge: No, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::pushes the cart into a turbolift:: mimipavilion: Hmmm... apparently there's a plant that the Pakleds are eating. Sierra Robinson: Understood. Annisha: :: Lying there with her friends :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Follows him:: It is common but no one normally makes a weapon out of it. Amanda Davis PhD: ::turns::: A plant? Sierra Robinson: :: enters lift :: Alexis McFarland: ::smiles and continues to lie on the ground:: Amanda Davis PhD: Tell me it's not that plant that science is working on. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::to the lift:: Medical. mimipavilion: Yep. ::turns her computer around:: Kansas Kenickie: have you always been posted here? Amanda Davis PhD: :::scans the screen::: Oh my.... mimipavilion: I wouldn't be surprised if it were. Dacia Sandero: ::watches as well?:: Sierra Robinson: Could it be a form of distress, given it is uprooted? Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Of course. ::Turns to leave, but observes the new security for a moment. With a swish of her tail, she heads for the lift.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: While these two samples are different species it is now probable they came from the same ecosystem. Amanda Davis PhD: Should I ready the complex for incoming Pakleds? Nijil tr'Korjata: She told me they had two questions wrong. Tae'Lynn Dran: Possibly distress. But it did only start after it was brought into the lab. Sierra Robinson: :: scans the plant and scans the immediate vicinity :: It is still resonating, so it is not something in the science lab...per say it is reacting to. Scott Coleridge: ::begins a new to-do list:: mimipavilion: It wouldn't hurt, Dacia can you help her. Tarisa: Miana> ::On her stomach, playfully kicking her feet in the air.:: Did we decide which planet we would visit in the holosuite? mimipavilion: I'm going to go over the report more thoroughly Sierra Robinson: :: listens :: Wonder where they obtained these plants..Not my department per say...but I am curious. Tae'Lynn Dran: ::lift stops and doors open:: Dacia Sandero: Yes, I can. Be happy to. Sierra Robinson: :: holds lift door for Lt. Dran :: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::enters medical:: Nijil tr'Korjata: We should go planet-side soon, the three of us. Amanda Davis PhD: :::looks to Dacia::: Let's go, Dacia. I hope they didn't eat too much. Alexis McFarland: Hmm. I wonder. Dacia Sandero: Yeah, I hope as well. Jylliene: A bit of a vacation? Sierra Robinson: :: follows behind with Tricorder open :: Annisha: Wonder what? Tarisa: Miana> A place where none of us have been before. Alexis McFarland: What planet we should go to on the holosuites. Kansas Kenickie: ::Looks around the area, notes the people peeping her way:: mimipavilion: ::hears the doors open before she gets to look the report to see Dran and goes over to her:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Sure, though I was on one not too long ago. Alexis McFarland: There are lots of those. Tae'Lynn Dran: Hello Doctor. mimipavilion: What is this, Lt. Jylliene: That's very different. Tae'Lynn Dran: This is the plant the Pakleds were eating. My scans so far show both narcotic and metagenic enzymes. Sierra Robinson: :: stays at a distance a bit so Lt Dran can brief the Doctors but continues to scan ...wondering what could be causing the plant to resonate :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: to KK :: Oddly enough the hub of the station is the commerce level. Tae'Lynn Dran: It also seems to be reacting to our other sample back in the lab. mimipavilion: ::nods:: I got a report of a plant that you guys were examining is this it. mimipavilion: You have two types of these plants. Amanda Davis PhD: ::working with Dacia to get everything ready::: Sierra Robinson: :: not so sure but remains quiet :: Kansas Kenickie: what is the goal around here... besides preventing smuggling and I am guessing kidnapping. Chirakis: :::exits her office::: Tae'Lynn Dran: Two different plants. Sample A is in containment. This sample B is a different species but I believe they may be from the same ecosystem. Dacia Sandero: ::works on readying sickbay::: Jylliene: ::sigh:: mimipavilion: ::nods:: What makes this one different from sample A? Sierra Robinson: ::: walks over to the Doctors :: Chirakis: ::begins her normal pace around CnC::: Jylliene: Yes, a vacation would be nice. mimipavilion: Besides the metagenic enzymes and narcotics. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Funny you mention that. A Rihan girl was kidnapped a while back. She's fine now. That said, there's not much activity on that front lately Tae'Lynn Dran: Well, I can't even scan sample A and it's proven indestructible so far. Scott Coleridge: ::glances up when he notices Chirakis pacing, but then sees it is merely the normal pace and not the Command-is-bothering-me-again pace or even worse the Avoid-That-Restaurant-in-the-Future pace:: Amanda Davis PhD: :::she hears them talking and hears narcotics::: mimipavilion: ::nods:: Tae'Lynn Dran: I can scan Sample B and have taken a cutting from it already. Sierra Robinson: Sample B, is being distributed among the Pakleds...Sample A...we cannot say that yet. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I think people relax there and let their guard down, so if it's a people problem we can gather information with relative ease. Kansas Kenickie: Anything I should outright stay clear of? Tae'Lynn Dran: I believe it would be better to study Sample B here. Sierra Robinson: Sorry..thought I should mention that. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: leans his head on her shoulder :: Tae'Lynn Dran: As well as anyone who has consumed it. Sierra Robinson: And...that is the Plant a Pakled offered me to eat... mimipavilion: ::nods:: Ok, take this to the lab. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Hm... Pakleds. Gotta love 'em. Chirakis: Very well done. Chirakis: TBS is the next day. We begin at 0700. Chirakis: Commander Coleridge, comments? Scott Coleridge: Nope Scott Coleridge: Wait Scott Coleridge: Don't eat plants Kansas Kenickie: booo Scott Coleridge: Er, don't eat some plants Chirakis: Understood. Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Kansas Kenickie: I will stick with the food cubes Chirakis: Sounds like a good idea. Chirakis: Once again, welcome to Lt Kenickie. Chirakis: Also, we celebrate STSF's 18th year. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  15. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |31 July 2020 16 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.168 TBS is O - the time is 1000 hours (10:00 am) Aegis Local. Science is still examining the strange plant brought aboard by a trader on the commerce deck. Though it could possibly be dangerous, several Pakleds are eating it. Engineering is monitoring the equipment installed to track the Pakled shop's illicit power consumption. Not only is Commander Korjata still dealing with his Yith consciousness, but he and Lt Commander Kital are facing a decision regarding their daughter and Starfleet Academy. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are still missing in Nebula 231. A Starfleet Runabout is entering the nebula to search for them.
  16. The Founding of STAR TREK SIMULATION FORUM Eighteen years ago on the 31st day of July we had a dream. The dream came to fruition and continues to thrive to this day. Thank you to Admiral Atragon and to all who stepped forward to make it happen. Thank you to those who have come after and continue to make it prosper.
  17. Manticore Brief Stardate 52007.27 "N.L.V. Law" After the trial of the Commander goes off the rails, by any standard, the senior staff awaits the courtroom to find the verdict. The proceedings demonstrated a clear bias of the court. Objections and evidence from the defense were ignored to fast-track to the main event: sentencing. We find the crew, the Commander, and her armed escort making their way back to the courtroom. We open with: The Crew all gather at the Brig to walk with their Commander to the Courtroom. Kansas Kenickie: >>> Begin Sim <<<< Kansas Kenickie: >>> Begin Sim <<<< Erich Jaenke: :: Looks at the armed escorts :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Takes a deep breath when the FF drops:: Annika Sorenson: ::looks at the escorts as well:: Callista Tyrel: :: follows :: Kansas Kenickie: ::waits as the guards shackles her up:: Cmdr JFarrington: :::standing just outside the brig, uniform complete with medals, straightened up, devoid of emotions except for an occasional poignant look at the guards::: Gila Orrak: :: Looks at the Commander from the back of the group :: Annika Sorenson: ::stands next to Callista and Gila, looking solemn but supportive:: Callista Tyrel: :: hands behind her back...just quietly following the procession...seems very solemn...:: Cmdr JFarrington: :::following behind with thoughts of tripping the guards and knowing that won't help the situation::: Kansas Kenickie: ::Adjusts her tunic and medals.. including a black star medal most haven't ever seen::: Gila Orrak: :: Presses down the front of her dress uniform...something the 'fleeters liked she supposed :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Shuffles her way to court::: Kansas Kenickie: ::Glances at Jami:: (w) Please let Matt know none of this is his fault... and he couldn't have stopped it ::Rarely Call McFly by his first name:: Cmdr JFarrington: ::nods in compliance::: Callista Tyrel: :: does a quick Picard Maneuver with the dress uniform observing Kansas being led ahead:: Kansas Kenickie: Thank you for trying Erich, you were great. Erich Jaenke: Really? :: Looks confused :: Annika Sorenson: ::smiles:: Kansas Kenickie: ::Stands up straight, exhales standing right outside of the Courtroom doors:: (whispers to herself) never fear, the end is always near Erich Jaenke: Are you ready? Kansas Kenickie: I have to be Kansas Kenickie: ACTION> :::Doors to the court room opens and lets everyone in:: Cmdr JFarrington: ::whisper:: You have nothing to fear. Kansas Kenickie: ::Squeezes Jami's hand:: Do I ever have fear? Callista Tyrel: :: enters with her shipmates :: Cmdr JFarrington: ::slight smirk:: No ma'am. Kansas Kenickie: ACTION> The Court room is full with everyone involved in the case.... ALL Slumped over DEAD IN THEIR SEATS. Annika Sorenson: ::follows everyone in and takes her seat in the courtroom:: Cmdr JFarrington: :::blink::: Gila Orrak: :: Wonders why this trial is... :: ... Erich Jaenke: :: Senses no one :: Kansas Kenickie: Courtroom Doors> ::Close:: Callista Tyrel: :: takes seat next to Annika and Gila :: Erich Jaenke: Doctor? Kansas Kenickie: ACTION> ::Kansas Knife is staged into the table with a note a 2 objects. Cmdr JFarrington: :::checks the area::: Gila Orrak: :: Moves to the front of he group, gets out her scanner :: Kansas Kenickie: Note, old fashion paper>> "We always keep our promises" Callista Tyrel: Oh my. Cmdr JFarrington: ::the stench is growing::: Gila Orrak: They are dead. All of them. Annika Sorenson: ::jaw is agape:: What's going on? Cmdr JFarrington: :::glance at the guards, who seem as surprised as the others::: Callista Tyrel: :: pops out the tricorder and starts to scan:: Kansas Kenickie: Action> the other a Black Challenge Coin "note" For Erich "With Risk comes reward" Callista Tyrel: :: looks at the deceased Judge :: Erich Jaenke: :: Reads the note :: Wonder what is meant by this.. Kansas Kenickie: you took a risk being my lawyer Callista Tyrel: :: wonders if the WHAT the Guards who entered are going to do :: Cmdr JFarrington: (w) ::KK:: Ready when you are. Erich Jaenke: I take a risk being in your presence. Kansas Kenickie: :::Looks at Jami:: we need to figure out how to get the Flock out of here. Callista Tyrel: :: quietly :: Annika, Gila...look for some cover...those guards are not going to like this.... Cmdr JFarrington: (w) You got it. ::presses one of her medals::: Gila Orrak: :: nods and goes off to the side :: Kansas Kenickie: ACTION> EVERYONE IS TRANSPORTED BACK TO THE MANTICORE Callista Tyrel: :: kinda shuffles behind a statue of "Blind Justice" and is transported :: Gila Orrak: :: Looks around :: Did someone call a transport? Annika Sorenson: ::suddenly transported before she could react:: What the? Kansas Kenickie: :::Twists her wrists a little and removes the handcuffs herself, then works on the leg cuffs:::: Cmdr JFarrington: :::beams into the bridge::: Lt Leander, get us out of here. Callista Tyrel: :: looks around :: The Bigger Players clearly made an entrance. Suffice to say...We won't be coming back to New Las Vegas anytime soon. Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> Moving out, aye. Annika Sorenson: Y-yeah..? Annika Sorenson: ::follows Callista:: Erich Jaenke: What kind of friends do you have Commander? Kansas Kenickie: :::Drops the chains into a pile on the bridge:: it's nice to know you can count on people to save your neck Callista Tyrel: :: arrives on the bridge:: Callista Tyrel: :: walks over to Engineering Console :: Annika Sorenson: ::walks to the science console on the bridge:: Annika Sorenson: Yeah, it must be nice. Cmdr JFarrington: Lieutenant, weave your way around and go to max warp. Kansas Kenickie: ::Smirks:: they are a little darker OPS than we are. Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> On it, ma'am. Hold on. Callista Tyrel: I supposed that was expected. :: looks over to Annika and Gila :: Hopefully no guilt by association will be upon us. Cmdr JFarrington: :::assuming that Gila Orrak hightails it to sick bay to check on the captain::: Callista Tyrel: All Systems nominal. Annika Sorenson: That's what I hope. Kansas Kenickie: ::Takes the black coin from Erich, holds it up:: these black coins are minted only for the Federation President.... no one will ever be able to win a challenge against you again ::Puts it back in his hand:: Gila Orrak: :: Enters sickbay moments later :: Kansas Kenickie: Callista, the guilt will always be on my head. Erich Jaenke: Well, I always wanted to start a coin collection. Gila Orrak: :: to Callista :: Oh I bet someone will remember this. Kansas Kenickie: you need to research Coin Challenge games buddy. Callista Tyrel: Sorry Ma'am..Just wondering what happened to the idiot behind all of this. I never saw him in the courtroom. Amanda Davis PhD: :::looks up with Gila enters::: Dr. Orrak! Callista Tyrel: Not that I knew what the guy looked like. Kansas Kenickie: They are all gone. Gila Orrak: We are back...with the Commander. Callista Tyrel: :: looks down at her console :: Yeah...thought so....but had to wonder. Erich Jaenke: What course have we set? Kansas Kenickie: I called in my challenge coin and well... anyone that was at court is... Umm, not living anymore. Annika Sorenson: ::nods:: Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> :::exits the corridor and punches it to max warp::: Callista Tyrel: :: looks to Commander Kenickie nice to have friends in high places...:: Kansas Kenickie: Leander, take us some place private for now. Callista Tyrel: Well my first time wearing these...:: looks to her " threads " :: will always be remembered. Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> Someplace private, Commander? Asteroid belt 278 work, ma'am? Gila Orrak: How is the Captain? Kansas Kenickie: sounds like a dream. Amanda Davis PhD: He's stable, but not any more than that. Has occasional dreams. Callista Tyrel: Not sure....That Judge was slouched over like a deceased obese cow, complete with tongue hanging out ... kinda gross. Erich Jaenke: Is anyone in pursuit? Kansas Kenickie: ::Looks at Jami::: I was worried my S.O.S. didn't make it out in time. Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> Changing course to Asteroid Belt 278. Not many know how to get there. Gila Orrak: :: Scans the Captain :: Amanda Davis PhD: :::steps aside::: Gila Orrak: Our Commander has some interesting friends. Callista Tyrel: :: to Erich :: Commander should I report to engineering? Kansas Kenickie: :::Swirls her knife in her hand:: (w) Hello beautiful. Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> Slowing to warp 6 to navigate the Asteroid belt. Kansas Kenickie: how about we all change into civies and have a good drink in the lounge. Cmdr JFarrington: :::sits in second chair::: Callista Tyrel: :: looks at Kansas :: Oh my God!!!..Quickly grasps her ankle ....Feeling something that should not have been there. I took my Knife into that Courtroom today..... Callista Tyrel: Uhm...sorry. Annika Sorenson: ::looks at Callista:: At least they didn't find it Kansas Kenickie: ::Looks over Callista's knife::: I can get you one that no section can pick up ::Holds up her own:: Annika Sorenson: I didn't know you carried a knife in your ankle. Annika Sorenson: Can I have one? Gila Orrak: Well, his vitals are stabilizing, but he still has a way to go. Erich Jaenke: :: Sitting at an engineering station on the bridge :: Kansas Kenickie: you need knife skills to swing these blades. Callista Tyrel: It's a Tool Utility knife..but that material would be nice to have Commander Kenickie. Annika Sorenson: Ah. Callista Tyrel: Well I suppose that is more special operations training to have. :: smiles :: Kansas Kenickie: Mine is made of Latimum, no one expects money to kill you. Cmdr JFarrington: Mister Leander, pick a good asteroid to hide us for a while. Annika Sorenson: That's really neat. Cmdr JFarrington: Leander> Oh, I know the belt pretty well, Commander. Got a good place to settle in. Kansas Kenickie: ::Evil Smile:: didn't you ever wonder why it was never picked up on any of our Missions? Cmdr JFarrington: :::nod::: You have the con. :::stands::: I'll be with Commander Kenickie. Gila Orrak: We should be able to release him to his quarters. Surely the sleep should be better there. Callista Tyrel: It would be an insult to the Ferengi for the pattern buffers to remove Latinum.. Kansas Kenickie: everyone please to the lounge, Commander Farrington and myself will be down there shortly. Cmdr JFarrington: :::straightens her uniform and approaches KK:::: Kansas Kenickie: ::heads to the Ready Room:: Cmdr JFarrington: ::enters the ready room behind her::: Annika Sorenson: Aye aye... ::heads to the lounge:: Erich Jaenke: :: Goes to the lounge :: Callista Tyrel: Yes sir. :: heads to Lounge :: Amanda Davis PhD: ::hourly check of the captain's vitals and nothing has changed::: Kansas Kenickie: :::Runs her hands through her hair pulling it loose::: I've never been that close to.... ya know. Amanda Davis PhD: :::still can't figure out what is keeping him in sleeping mode::: Kansas Kenickie: I mean I have put myself in deadly spots but not like that. Callista Tyrel: :: arrives at Lounge and takes a seat :: Cmdr JFarrington: ::takes a seat::: Not exactly somewhere you'd like to be. Kansas Kenickie: Waiter> :::Holds out Several drinks for Callista to pick from:: Erich Jaenke: :: Listens :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Leans on McFly's desk with her back to Jami:: Annika Sorenson: ::also arrives at the lounge:: Callista Tyrel: Thank you. :: takes a beverage :: Cmdr JFarrington: :::watching her carefully::: Erich Jaenke: So...what now? Callista Tyrel: I wonder what Ricky would of been like....:: takes a sip :: Annika Sorenson: ::sips her offered beverage:: I'm sure he would've been nice. Kansas Kenickie: :::Starts crying - not one to show emotions everrrrrr:: Cmdr JFarrington: :::glances out the viewport::: Looks like Lt Leander found a nice place to settle the ship. Callista Tyrel: He could have been one of those guys who used a fake holo image is suppose.... Annika Sorenson: I suppose.. Cmdr JFarrington: :::knowing she has to get it out so she just watches KK:::: Erich Jaenke: Commander? Kansas Kenickie: I was so careless going down there. Callista Tyrel: Fireman Guy...best memory of NLV. Cmdr JFarrington: :::listening::: Were you careless, or were the others just out to get whoever they wanted to? Cmdr JFarrington: It's not your fault, Kansas. Kansas Kenickie: ::Stops crying quickly, sniffles, then stands up right:: Erich? Callista Tyrel: And...getting to know my shipmates better. Cmdr JFarrington: He's in the lounge. Annika Sorenson: Yes, on both. It was short but very memorable. Hopefully, our next vacation time will be a little more uneventful. Cmdr JFarrington: It wasn't your fault, Kansas. Kansas Kenickie: ::Sighs::: It was my fault, I killed those people... and I never even gave any of them a second thought. Erich Jaenke: Could have told us you have a past on that planet. Cmdr JFarrington: If you hadn't killed them, they would have continued killing others. It was your duty, Kansas. Kansas Kenickie: the Federation need people to do their dirty work, I was their sword Cmdr JFarrington: :::slow nod::: Kansas Kenickie: but I didn't think about those lives, it was just a job. Callista Tyrel: Annika...seriously thank you for what fun we did have down there....as small an amount as it was. Annika Sorenson: ::Smiles:: Hey, anytime. I'm always down for a girls night out. Callista Tyrel: I just will stay away from "Atomic Brandy" in the future. :: chuckles and takes a sip of water :: Cmdr JFarrington: Did they think about the lives they killed? Cmdr JFarrington: You did what you had to. Kansas Kenickie: Some of them were just in the way. Cmdr JFarrington: You did what you needed to. Kansas Kenickie: >>>> Pause Sim <<< Kansas Kenickie: >>>Pause Sim<<< Kansas Kenickie: Oh man Atomic Brandy is the Bomb Cmdr JFarrington: ROFL Kansas Kenickie: Such a bad pun. Callista Tyrel: :: kerplunk :: Kansas Kenickie: So how did everyone like my very first plot? Cmdr JFarrington: Fantastic. Annika Sorenson: Yeah, it was fun. Callista Tyrel: fun indeed! Kansas Kenickie: I think I move mine a little faster than McFly. Cmdr JFarrington: "I like this ship. It's exciting." Kansas Kenickie: any questions before we depart? Erich Jaenke: Now to get away from this planet? Cmdr JFarrington: TBS? Kansas Kenickie: 24 hours, 38 minutes and 12 seconds Annika Sorenson: nice Cmdr JFarrington: We're already in an asteroid belt and the asteroid we're going to settle into is pretty awesome. Callista Tyrel: copy Cmdr JFarrington: Copy that, Boss. Kansas Kenickie: So Party harty Cmdr JFarrington: Great job, KK. Enjoyed it. Glad I'm back with Manticore.
  18. SD 0705.2020 - No Sim (Independence Day) SD 0712.2020 - No Sim SD 0719.2020 - No Sim --- SD 0726.2020 Excalibur is in orbit of Tolen IV where they have been hosting a diplomatic reception ahead of further diplomatic talks on the planet between the government and separatists -- however, William, Maryse, Irene, Rex, and Indura have been pulled out of the reception suddenly for a briefing.
  19. The away team is allowed into the building and up an elevator. They are directed to the "VP, GM of trapping operations", Leeni Mesa and now have an appointment. chatlog2020-7-12.txt
  20. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 7/24/20 = /\ = = /\ = 16 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.168 = /\ = TBS is zero - 0900 hours (9:00 am) Aegis Local. Security has tightened access to several areas where Pakleds wander. Another species might be using the Pakleds to do the dirty work. The plant in science might be very dangerous. Security is looking for more plants on the commerce deck. Annisha's parents are discussing her entrance to Starfleet Academy. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are still missing in Nebula 231. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Dacia Sandero: ::in sickbay:: Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC, taking OPS for the commander::: Chirakis: ::in her office, waiting for Annisha's parents::. Scott Coleridge: ::CnC, monitoring the equipment that Sierra and Nijil installed to track the Pakled shop's illicit power consumption:: Jylliene: ::waiting outside Chirakis's office for Nijil:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: With Jylliene :: What did she do now? Scott Coleridge: ::trying to see the shape of this in his mind... What was he missing?:: Jylliene: Relax, this is about her results on the Academy test. Nijil tr'Korjata: I was only gone 16 mon... wait a few days... Nijil tr'Korjata: Oh, really? Tarisa: ::In the Science labs, looking over the plant in containment.:: Jylliene: ::rings chime at Chirakis's office door:: Chirakis: Enter. Chirakis: Please, Commanders. Have a seat. ::waves Nijil toward a chair::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Is excited because the end of school is coming.:: Alexis McFarland: ::with Miana and Annisha, smiles:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters and takes a seat :: Jylliene: ::has seat next to Nijil:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::in science lab:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Au are doing that again...smiling.. Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Commander Coleridge, I have completed my scans of the Commerce Level regarding Power Consumption...And so far as I can see the Pakleds did not notice me waving the tricorder around...yet. Scott Coleridge: +Sierra+ Thank you, Lieutenant. Keep sending me your results as you get them. I wonder why the Pakleds think they need all that power. Tarisa: Miana> ::grins.:: Alexis McFarland: ::Well, with Miana:: Chirakis: :::closes and seals the door::: We have something very important to discuss regarding Annisha. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::wandering the commerce deck holding a suspiciously familiar plant:: Nijil tr'Korjata: faafetai Fletcher Jackson: ::tossing Pakled junk away:: Tarisa: Miana> School is almost over. It is time to be happy. Alexis McFarland: ::nods:: Hmm, yes. Can't wait to relax and stuff. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks concerned in a Rihan/Yith manner :: Chirakis: ::blink at Nijil::: A very important decision, Commander. mimipavilion: ::looking over Nijil's brain scan especially the areas of communication:: Jylliene: ::listens:: Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Maybe because ....well I can get a closer look at some shops if you'd like. Uhm...shopping on duty undercover maybe. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Au know what I miss though...seasons… There are no seasons on the station. Tarisa: Miana> Can we program them? Sierra Robinson: :: thinks that idea is ridiculous but what the hell, maybe she would discover something :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Seasons? Hmm Alexis McFarland: Yes, I'm sure we could. Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to her starting position near the main access lift and faces the access terminal and looks it over :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha would not tell me the results. Chirakis: ::sigh, leaning forward on her desk::: Admiral Hatchkock, the commanding officer of Starfleet Academy, has ::wants to say ordered, but instead she says::: is asking that Annisha apply to enter Starfleet Academy. Tarisa: ::Steps over to Dran.:: Any changes to the specimen? Nijil tr'Korjata: What? Chirakis: ::glance to Nijil and Jyl::: Your thoughts? Scott Coleridge: +Sierra+ Hmm, it wouldn't hurt to see if you can spot anything obvious in the shop. Tae'Lynn Dran: Nothing yet. It may take some time. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::begins eating the plant as he walks the commerce level:: Mmm. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks at Jylliene :: Tarisa: Hopefully it did not absorb too much in the last test. Jylliene: ::blinks:: Why would the Admiral have any opinion on it? Tae'Lynn Dran: Removing all energy sources should eventually take some toll on its biology. Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Copy that. I will pay some of the shops a visit. Literally Pay them...Robinson out. Alexis McFarland: ::chilling out in class, since it's pretty easy going so close to the end:: Chirakis: Several reasons, one of which is that her ability is far beyond the intelligence of anyone else in the academy, despite her age. Nijil tr'Korjata: I do na know this Admiral, but why the interest? She's... young. Chirakis: Indeed. She is young. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: I had received a message from security. They are looking out for more of these. Chirakis: However... there is something else to consider. Sierra Robinson: :: turns noting a Pakled consuming a plant as she begins to walk over to the largest operation...the Pakled Pop Up Store :: Jylliene: ::listens:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Anyone else? Tae'Lynn Dran: Good. Not sure if I hope they do or do not find anymore. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::brings the plant into Peter Pakled's store:: Plant good. Sierra Robinson: :: Decides maybe Commander Coleridge is in need of a PADD weight, and decides to pick up a stem bolt :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Thinks that either the standards at Starfleet are lower than he believed or Annisha is hiding more from them than he realized :: Tae'Lynn Dran: I assume since we've not heard of any potted plants randomly exploding is a good thing. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled > :: smiles at his customers as they shop and consume plant material...:: Chirakis: :::sets the room to blue light::: As you are aware, Annisha's biological parents are alive. It is possible that someone at the academy knows this, and that could result in a catastrophe. Tarisa: Indeed. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::Peter:: We grow plants. Sell plants. Plants good. Sierra Robinson: :: the only human in the store at the moment...she looks at ...self-torquing stem nuts...and at the same time checks some power consumption levels :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Meaning someone could come after here Chirakis: Or perhaps more than that, of which I cannot speak. Sierra Robinson: Peter> I grow flowers...some sell some the kids take home. Nijil tr'Korjata: Does the Admiral in question know Annisha's history? Chirakis: That I do not know. Sierra Robinson: :: inspects the Peter Pakled Brand Stem Bolt and notes standard Power outlets in this store so far :: Tarisa: Miana> What should we do when school is over? Jylliene: I appreciate that she's advanced, but just being intelligent doesn't make her ready to head off to the Academy. Maturity has to be considered. Chirakis: Indeed. :::nod of agreement uto Jyl::: Jylliene: Nevermind the potential issues with her biological parents. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> We grow this plant. ::thrusts out the plant, which is identical to the one security and science are so concerned about:: Make lots. Much plants, so good. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> I don't eat much plant food... Indigestion. :: to Plant eating Pakled :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: nods :: Just how well did she do? I thought she was just brushing it off and listening to Yith music. Alexis McFarland: ::scoots over closer to Miana:: We should visit the holosuites and do summery things, like to go to a beach or holo-camping. They have packages were you could sleep a few nights in the holosuites. Sierra Robinson: :: sets Tricorder on the shelf and fires it up as she notes other odd items inside :: Chirakis: Of course, she does not know that they are alive. Alexis McFarland: Or I wonder if we can go on another trip ? That'd be a lot of fun. ::smiles:: Tarisa: Miana> Ooo...sounds fun! Alexis McFarland: Mmm! ::nods:: Tae'Lynn Dran: ::checks the latest sensor readings on the plant:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Where to this time? The last one did not end so well Chirakis: :::considering the parents' retribution should Annisha be captured and used as bait::: Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: takes closer look at Plant :: Very odd.. Sell Many? Tarisa: Miana> That water dragon made a mess of things. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::burps:: Yes. Plant good. You sell many. I help you grow, get part of profits? Sierra Robinson: :: tricorder beeps and Sierra quickly bumps into a wind chime :: Ooops!!! Sorry Alexis McFarland: Hm. Maybe a trip to Betazed or something? I dunno, where do you guys wanna go? Nijil tr'Korjata: Do we let her know they are interested or just make a decision outright? I don't know how she feels about the Academy. Alexis McFarland: ::nods at Miana:: Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: looks to Sierra...:: You break You buy! :: smiles :: Scott Coleridge: Other Pakled> ::approaches Peter and the first Pakled:: You sell plants? Want plant for wife. She sad. Plant make her happy. This plant look good. Will buy plants. Chirakis: ::relaxes in her chair:: Knowing her biological parents, if anything happens to her, that person will suddenly vanish... without a trace. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Everyone talks about Earth like it's the center of the galaxy. Sierra Robinson: Yes...sorry sorry! Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> Oh I have no room...but I would like to see some seeds maybe ...Yes. Alexis McFarland: Yeah, being from Earth it's ok but yeah... Nijil tr'Korjata: Which can happen on a space station or planet. Jylliene: Her friends might be a very good reason she could want to wait. Sierra Robinson: :: checks tricorder covertly wondering why the heck did it beep :: Chirakis: ::listening to Nijil and Jylliene's discussion::: Nijil tr'Korjata: Oh they are hard to separate. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> Yes Seeds Perhaps...then I show to my science friend. Nijil tr'Korjata: I have not known someone so young to attend classes. Tarisa: Miana> Let's go somewhere none of us have been to. Jylliene: I just don't think she's mature enough to consider this yet. She may seem very secure and able to handle herself here, but away at the academy? Alexis McFarland: ::Nods:: Yeah, that'd be great! Though I hope we'll be able to visit Earth together one day. Nijil tr'Korjata: What if she wants to do something remotely? Sierra Robinson: :: looks :: Oh Frak. :: looks to the Pakled eating the plant that is....emitting a...trace of energy...one she isn't familiar with. :: Chirakis: I agree, Commanders. On both counts. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> Are there seeds? Chirakis: Besides, her education here is probably as good as that of the academy. Jylliene: ::is a bit reassured:: Scott Coleridge: Pakled> Good. ::burps again, then other bodily reactions:: Yes. Many seeds. Plant grow fast. Give plant much light. Jylliene: Will the Admiral accept our response? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: thinking in Engineering terms :: Scott Coleridge: Pakled> We grow plants outside. ::points at the green space:: They look good, no one mind. Tae'Lynn Dran: Interesting. With all atmosphere and energy sources removed from the chamber I can actually detect a small energy signature from the plant that I couldn't before. Chirakis: The admiral has no choice. Sierra Robinson: I'd like to pay for this...:: to Peter Pakled and then she turns to the Pakled who is burping:: And....May purchase one of those plants you are eating....they look....good! Jylliene: Perhaps not, but he could make all of us miserable in the meantime. Though it's a risk I'm willing to take. Tarisa: ::Perks up with interest.:: Oh? Nijil tr'Korjata: Jy, we may be able to give her a taste of the Academy without actually going there. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: rings up the Stem Bolt Purchase :: Have to talk to him...I do not sell those here. Chirakis: ::listening::: Jylliene: How? ::to Nijil:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Holodeck. Tae'Lynn Dran: At least that means it is dissipating energy at a controlled rate. Sierra Robinson: Thanks! Peter...By the way cute Stem Bolts.. Uhm Sir...where can I get one of those....My boss likes organic meals. Nijil tr'Korjata: I could find out if they record lectures holographically. Nijil tr'Korjata: See if the instructor offers an interactive program, allowing her to ask questions. Sierra Robinson: :: takes gift bag after payment :: Chirakis: :::leans forward::: May I speak to that, Commander? Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::thrusts plant at Sierra:: You eat? Sierra Robinson: My Boss...He eats...A lot!! Where is more? He needs More! :: smiles :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Sure. Chirakis: On the holodeck, she might become excited and want to go to the academy. I suggest that if you are going to use the holodeck, use it as if the students are studying, that some of them are not so nice, some of them resent her presence, perhaps making jokes. Exactly what she will encounter at the academy. Sierra Robinson: But yes...I'd love some...:: takes plant :: Thank you! Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: happy people are happy :: Tae'Lynn Dran: We should be able to monitor its mass by the energy output of the antigrav system. Temperature in the chamber should clue us in on energy dissipation. Maybe we can even pick up some trace elements if it has any kind of normal respiration. Nijil tr'Korjata: I can program some of my own experiences, though the academy has profiles on more species than I have met. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::sad:: Oh, I not have more. We need to grow. We will grow more for you. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::burps:: Hmm. I eat much plant. Sierra Robinson: Where do you grow them? On a ship? Chirakis: ::nod:: Whatever you do make it.... questionable. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Do what you can. Sierra Robinson: :: smells plant to detect an aroma :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: turns to Jy :: At her age, I would have liked to know if some door as this was open to me. Nijil tr'Korjata: When do the next classes start? Jylliene: At this age, you can be so ready to run through that door that you don't heed the warnings of anyone around you. Chirakis: The academy classes? Tae'Lynn Dran: This will probably take some time to generate quantifiable information. Nijil tr'Korjata: Right, could have her take a sample class alongside them Tae'Lynn Dran: ::takes a seat:: Any other projects of interest going on? Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::Sierra:: We not grow yet. Want Peter to grow. We grow many plants here. Tarisa: ::Shakes head.:: Nothing major. I know of a couple personal projects from other members, but nothing major. Sierra Robinson: Thank you Peter! :: approaches Pakled :: Do you Need Water? Power? Nijil tr'Korjata: Ask the Admiral about remote learning options. Surely we can meet in the middle, if Annisha has any interest at all, Jylliene: I'd be willing to do something like that. Sierra Robinson: My Boss can get you Power for Plants. He loves ....Plant Food. Jylliene: ::nods to Nijil:: Chirakis: Commander Korjata... it would not be wise for you to speak to the admiral. Make your own choice and stick to it. Nijil tr'Korjata: She may enjoy showing up people twice her age... like she does when we play Galactic Conquest Chirakis: Admiral Hatchkock is not one to reckon with. Chirakis: She may enjoy it. They would not. Sierra Robinson: But I can come back for some more later if you'd like.. I can pay then. Nijil tr'Korjata: I can look up what they do remotely on my own without bothering the admiral, and we should break this news to her. Tae'Lynn Dran: Sounds like we need a good survey mission to get some more projects going. Jylliene: If taking some classes remotely is not an option, then she will wait until she is older. I do not think it wise nor safe for her to enter the Academy in the traditional sense at her age. Chirakis: As for remote learning options, her IQ of 197 speaks to that, and what she does in class here gives her enough learning that would last a century. Chirakis: I suggest that you watch - remotely - how she works in classes here. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Agreed. Sierra Robinson: :: smiles and bows to the Plant eating Pakled :: I will see you again... Jylliene: ::nods:: Very well. Nijil tr'Korjata: Wait, did you say 197? What scale is that? Chirakis: ::Nijil::: Beyond my comprehension. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: thinks :: Well...we have a lot to think about Chirakis: And may I suggest that her IQ not be passed on to anyone, especially Annisha. Sierra Robinson: :: winks to the Pakled and smells the Plant...heading to the lift :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Oh I can imagine what she'd do with it. Jylliene: ::nods in agreement:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nijil felt smaller :: Alexis McFarland: ::hugs Miana, happy like most kids are this time of year:: Scott Coleridge: Pakled> ::Peter:: She's nice. I hope she likes when we grow many plants. Chirakis: Actually, it is normal to her. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: As if his brain shrank two sizes that day... :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Do her parents know of this Admiral's request? Sierra Robinson: Peter> Yes Nice Human. Buys My Stem Bolts. Think she is lonely.. Oh and Seeds..when Ready...Please Chirakis: And Commanders, do not divulge anything that we have discussed here. Chirakis: :::slight smile without answering:: Jylliene: We won't. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Nods :: Shall we not mention to her of this 'offer'? just present it as some kind of 'call to college' thing? Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to the lift access tube and props it open and enters , sealing it shut :: + Coleridge + Robinson to Coleridge. Chirakis: And let us hope that she would prefer to stay here with her friends. mimipavilion: ::has been staring at the scans for so long her brain is spinning:: Sierra Robinson: :: looks at Plant as she awaits a response, she has never seen anything like it....that would be expected...but...feint energy levels...is something completely different :: Scott Coleridge: +Sierra+ Coleridge here. Nijil tr'Korjata: Well, this sure redirected my day. Thank you Captain. Chirakis: Any other questions? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: shakes head :: Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Commander, I ran into a Pakled who gave me a plant to eat....and I have it in my hand right here.....it is emitting a very small energy reading. Was not science looking for these things? Chirakis: :::nods, stands, and leads them to the door::: Jylliene: No, thank you. Jylliene: ::follows:: Chirakis: Remember, I am always available. Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + The Pakled claims he is growing them....along with eating them. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Holds Jy's hand as they walk out :: Sounds like her being in trouble would have been easier. Scott Coleridge: ::sits up straight:: +Sierra+ Yes, I recall science mentioning something about a strange plant. Security is on the alert for them too. Chirakis: ::slight grin as she escorts them out::: It often is. Jylliene: ::nods:: Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + I take it I should drop this Specimen off to the science lab sir? Also I can lead security to the Pakled who....claimed he is growing it. Scott Coleridge: Pakled> Ohhhh, now I feel bad. ::turning paler than usual:: Scott Coleridge: +Sierra+ Agreed. Let's get ahead of this before we have a serious problem on our hands. Nijil tr'Korjata: So much to consider. She's so young... Jylliene: ::nods:: Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> You Eat too much...need Peter Pakled's remedy...Water. Lots of Water. Sierra Robinson: :: exits her hiding spot and approaches a security crewman :: Chirakis: (prepare to pause) Sierra Robinson: :: notes her plant is ..not in good shape...next stop....Science Bay :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Goes and embraces Jylliene :: Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: Well done, all. Chirakis: Very interesting... almost too interesting regarding Pakleds and Plants. Chirakis: TBS is zero again. Chirakis: Comments for the crew, Commander Coleridge? Scott Coleridge: Stop bringing cool plants back with you from shore leave. Chirakis: :::puts that on the wall::: Chirakis: Any questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none.. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  21. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |24 July 2020 16 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.168 TBS is zero - 0900 hours (9:00 am) Aegis Local. The Pakleds continue to move from one place to another, taking notes, and entering areas they should not. Security has tightened access to several areas that the Pakleds were wandering into, especially Subspace Communications and Sensor Monitoring and Analysis. They might be being used as patsies by other species. Upon examining a very strange plant brought aboard by a trader, Lt Dran watches the plant absorb certain acids and rearrange its atomic structure, wondering how it generates energy, what it does with the resulting energy, and if it is biological cold fusion. It is now in a containment field. Security is on the commerce deck looking for more plants. Not only is Commander Korjata still dealing with his Yith consciousness, but he and Lt Commander Kital might be facing a decision regarding Annisha and Starfleet Academy. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are still missing in Nebula 231. A Starfleet Runabout is entering the nebula to search for them.
  22. Between a Rock and a Hard Place Chirakis Kirel Arms crossed, Chirakis Kirel, Commanding officer of Sky Harbor Aegis, stared vacantly into space, past the station, past the starships that entered and exited the corridors in the distance, past the asteroids where Nero’s crew worked diligently drilling for metals and harvesting carbonite, past the shipyard, and on into the blackness of space with only one thing on her mind. For anyone else, it was a simple question. For Kirel and the parents of Annisha, it could be devastating. Did Admiral Hatchkock actually want a 12-year-old child to apply for entry to Starfleet Academy, or was he interested in her presence for another reason? A deep inhale ended in a sigh as the captain dropped her arms and pressed her hands against the sill, then pushed off, swiveled her chair and relaxed into it. Perhaps she was going overboard in her thoughts. At least she hoped so. Dr Pavilion considered Annisha a gifted child, one who could easily be considered a candidate for Starfleet Academy. She also mentioned that Annisha might have a rough time with those around her because of her age, which was understandable. However, there was something deeper that needed to be considered, something that the captain could not divulge. As far as Annisha knew, her biological parents died trying to rescue friends and families during the devastation of ch’Rihan, also known as The Great Fire. However, Annisha's biological parents did not die. They are alive and well. Was Admiral Hatchkock aware? If so, how did he find out and what was his plan? After the devastation of ch’Rihan, thousands of Romulans came to Aegis for shelter. Most were families who had barely survived, but many were orphans who had lost contact with their families and would never see them again. Brothers, sisters, fathers, and bondmates served in the Romulan Imperial Fleet, the Galae s'Shiar Rihan, and gave their lives that others might live. One of those orphans was Annisha t’Aldani. The captain first spotted the child on Deck 92 where transient/transitional quarters were provided for the prospective adoptive families, as well as quarters for the orphaned children. While the others played games, this child was intensely focused on a puzzle. In fact, she was so focused, she didn’t seem to notice Kirel when she sat down next to her. “Interesting puzzle you have there,” noted Kirel, waving off a teacher. “Um… yeah.” The child’s head tilted back and forth, then almost upside down. “How long have you been working on the puzzle?” Kirel continued, crossing her legs to sit next to her. She picked up a few pieces to set them in, then shook her head and put them back. “A while,” she replied, blowing out a breath. “But there’s something wrong with the pieces. I think someone put them in the wrong box, or maybe threw them away.” She shrugged, disassembled the puzzle and began again. Kirel nodded and continued to watch her patch the pieces in another direction. By then, several other children had formed a circle to watch, point at Kirel and whisper while the young girl continued to work. Kirel looked up at the others. “I’m sure you have other things to do,” she said firmly, scattering the children to the other end of the playground. A hefty sigh returned Kirel’s focus to the puzzle and an exasperated child, kneeling back on her heels and tilting her head to face Kirel. “All the pieces aren’t there, so I can’t work the puzzle, Captain.” “Ah. So you know who I am.” Her face scrunched up. “Well, it’s pretty obvious. I mean, you have the pins, and a few other things I’ve never seen before. But you’re definitely a captain. Um… maybe Captain Chirakis? At least that’s what the other kids were whispering.” She stifled a grin. “Correct. And you are…?” “Annisha. I’m…. Annisha t’Aldani. My mom and dad, they’re….” “Nice to meet you, Annisha,” Kirel purposely interrupted. Why don’t you try working on this puzzle?” she suggested, quickly changing the subject. “ You won’t lose any pieces of this one.” Pulling out her slate, Kirel tapped on a few things, then passed the slate and a stylus to Annisha. “See what you can do with it.” Annisha studied the tablet a moment, then brightened up. “Double-dare you?” “Double dare.” From then on, it was obvious that the 9-year-old orphaned Romulan had a facility for swift computation of statistics, compiling complex bits of data for evaluation and making accurate conclusions even more quickly than some of the seasoned operatives with whom Kirel worked. Annisha continued to assemble the bits of Aegis available to her on the tablet. It did not take long for Annisha to solve the problem. As Kirel watched and listened, she knew Annisha definitely had an advanced education. Moreover, she had been encouraged to explore. She had definitely come from an Aristocratic or high-ranking diplomatic family. Only they would have regularly used the vocabulary and high Rihan dialect Kirel had been speaking as Annisha worked the stylus. Only they would have encouraged her in this type of education. If not, the child was either precocious or truly brilliant. Believing that her biological parents had perished in the Great Fire, Annisha remained on Aegis and was eventually adopted by Nijil tr’Korjata and Jylliene Kital. However, her mother, Riov (Captain) Ja’lan t’Aldani, and her father, EnRiov (Admiral) Keshir tr’Aldani, were alive and well. Two of the most powerful and forthright agents of the Tal Shiar were hidden in the bowels of Rendezvous October, used by operatives from the Allied Powers, chief among them being Starfleet Intelligence and the Tal Shiar. After a few long moments of thought, Kirel called Commander Korjata and Lt Commander Kital to her office. They had much to discuss.
  23. = /\ = Aegis Mission Brief 7/17/20 = /\ = = /\ = 17 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.168 = /\ = The time is 0900 hours (9:00 am) Aegis Local. Pakleds continue to check out the station. Security is watching. The plant in science might be very dangerous. A Starfleet Runabout is searching for three starships in Nebula 231 Commander Korjata is still dealing with his stint among the Yith. Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Chirakis: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= mimipavilion: ::on the CnC still:: Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC, taking over Ops::: Sierra Robinson: :: in Engineering monitoring Power Flow Levels :: Dacia Sandero: :: manning the fort in the sickbay:: Alexis McFarland: ::in class with Miana and Annisha:: Chirakis: :::next to Mimi::: (w) Doctor... I have concerns regarding Commander Korjata. Scott Coleridge: +Engineering+ Coleridge to engineering. mimipavilion: ::nods::(w) shall we talk privately Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Engineering. Ltjg Robinson here.. Fletcher Jackson: :::tossing Pakled requisitions in the pile::: Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled > :: puts out unusual flower arrangements in front of the Pakled Pop Up Store :: Chirakis: :::deep sigh::: Privately is best. ::heads to her office::: Scott Coleridge: ::smirks at the "Ltjg" part, happy Robinson is proud of her new rank:: +Robinson+ Lieutenant, I'm concerned about the power usage on the commerce level. mimipavilion: ::follows the captain to her office:: Fletcher Jackson: :::glance toward the captain's office, then back to work::: Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to Power Consumption grid display and focuses in on the Commerce Level :: Chirakis: :::the door closes and she offers Mimi a chair, her expression in deep thought::: mimipavilion: ::takes a seat:: Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Yes, Commander. There is an increase in Power Consumption in scattered areas of the Commerce Level. I see it here as well. I do not see anything dangerous at the moment. However I should pass on that during the Night Shift a Pakled Merchant put in a request for a high power usage port....something we would use for our computers....but no real reason for a Pakled to have it... The duty engineer denied the Pakleds request. Sierra Robinson: :: zooms in and begins to focus on the Pop Up Store she shopped at earlier, and then to other booths including one across the corridor from it..:: Chirakis: :::takes a while to think, then says::: Doctor, how would you rank Annisha if you were testing her for character, expertise, intelligence, and otherwise? mimipavilion: ::thinks for a moment:: I would say above average... along the lines of gifted. Scott Coleridge: +Robinson+ Ops ran a scan earlier that turned up some concerning results. I've reviewed it and I'm worried the Pakleds have tampered with the monitoring systems, so they're using even more power than we think they are. Scott Coleridge: +Robinson+ I want an engineering detail to inspect the power relay at that shop from top to bottom. Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + I am on it sir. Robinson out. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Working slowly early in his day. :: Scott Coleridge: ::alerts security to have a subtle detail nearby on the commerce level to assist the engineering team should they meet resistance:: Annisha: :: With her friends... or were they plotting against her? "" Sierra Robinson: Commander Korjata..good morning. Commander Coleridge has requested a visual inspection of Commerce Level Power Monitoring equipment. He suspects the Pakleds have tampered with it Alexis McFarland: ::writing down some notes on her PADD:: Chirakis: :::deep sigh::: If she were to go above her caliber in the school we have here, would you consider her a candidate for Starfleet Academy? Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to equipment locker and retrieves an engineering tricorder :: mimipavilion: Yes I would say so. Annisha: What au writing there Alexis? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: to Robinson :: What are they doing now? Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to Nijil :: Do you want me to handle it sir? Chirakis: And if she were to enter the academy, how do you suppose she would fit in? Alexis McFarland: Hmm? ::shows Annisha:: Some notes from our history lesson on Klingon civilization. Nijil tr'Korjata: Shall we both go down meli. :: gasps and holds his mouth :: mimipavilion: You mean department wise? Sierra Robinson: Commander Coleridge has reason to believe the Pakleds have tampered with our power consumption monitoring equipment... Uh Sir?? You Okay? Chirakis: Not necessarily. Sierra Robinson: :: looks concerned :: Annisha: Oh... thought it was how to... bah, nevermind Alexis McFarland: Okay ::smiles:: Annisha: I have an idea for a project... Chirakis: She is a child. Most academy entrees are several years older. How would that affect her? Alexis McFarland: Oh? ::Looks over at Annisha:: Nijil tr'Korjata: I just called you honey, in Yithian... sorry. mimipavilion: She might have a rough time with those around her, probably more so from the instructors. Sierra Robinson: :: blushes :: I see.... Sierra Robinson: :: grabs an equipment case :: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Looking over reports of the Pakleds :: Chirakis: Even if they knew that she was much younger than the others? Nijil tr'Korjata: :: gestures to walk to the commerce level :: mimipavilion: Maybe Nijil tr'Korjata: As I got more familiar with Muuhi my disposition changed and the way I interacted changed too. Sierra Robinson: :: follows with equipment into lift :: Okay which word..was honey in Yith? Annisha: Smells of the Species... and how to use it to your advantage. Chirakis: :::deep into thought, then she nods::: Thank you, Doctor. :::stands::: Nijil tr'Korjata: "Meli" mimipavilion: ::stands and nods and goes back on the CnC:: Nijil tr'Korjata: You learn the bad and the good words early on. :: checks his scanner :: Sierra Robinson: Oh :: taps lift control :: Well in Sierran the word for Honey is ....well....Honey.... Fletcher Jackson: Pakleds> :::slobbering all over the table at Drankum's::: Alexis McFarland: Hmm. What would a Betazoid smell like? I smell like green apples, but that's cuz of my shampoo. Fletcher Jackson: Pakled leader> This is good. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Looking over images of the new Pakleds. Distinguishing them from one another was a challenge :: Chirakis: ::slow exit from her office:::: Annisha: Like a human, from what I can tell. Sierra Robinson: ::: exits lift and looks around the Commerce Deck deploying her Tricorder :: Alexis McFarland: Well, there's worse smells. Annisha: Perhaps I could have my father, or whatever he is now, help me construct a molecular scanner. Alexis McFarland: Oooh. Nijil tr'Korjata: You do remind me of someone I met. Alexis McFarland: I'd like to help too, if I can Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Commander we have arrived on the Commerce Deck.. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks forlorn :: Guess they are all dead now. I guess to them I have yet to be born. Nijil tr'Korjata: Let me find a power tap to get an initial reading. Sierra Robinson: Oh.... Scott Coleridge: +Robinson+ Thank you, keep me apprised. Sierra Robinson: :: Notes an abundance of Pakled Merchants....and wonders...did a Pakled liner arrive or something ? :: Annisha: If a tiny Betazoid brain could be put on top, though scanning for the energy you use to read minds is worth study. Alexis McFarland: Can I keep my brain in my head? I kinda need it. Sierra Robinson: :: walks over to a utility service node and accesses it for the Chief :: Here you go sir. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Reading the power of the entire level, a map appears on his Padd Pro :: Nijil tr'Korjata: Hmm, seems someone is moving power around to avoid detection. Chirakis: :::wanders around CnC, deep in thought::: Scott Coleridge: ::receiving a report from some undercover security agents:: Hmm Chirakis: ::slow turn in Scott's direction, curious::: Annisha: We could lay au flat on a cart, and you go 'beep beep' each time au read something. :: laughs :: Sierra Robinson: Wow...I wonder if the Pop Up Store owner did it... He seemed nice when I shopped there the other day... Alexis McFarland: ::giggles:: Works for me. Annisha: It's the Pakleds that made me think of this au know. Sierra Robinson: :: keeps an eye out as the Chief looks at the monitor :: Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: Pakleds again. Nijil tr'Korjata: Too bad I can't tag this like a communication. Sierra Robinson: Shall I relay this to Commander Coleridge sir? Chirakis: :::steps over::: And why am I not surprised? mimipavilion: ::shakes her head at the mention of Pakleds:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Ioe.. err, I mean yes. Sierra Robinson: Porto Pakled> :: sells candy nearby :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: One thing that bothered him after his return to his own body is the new accent he acquired. He wondered if it was permanent :: Annisha: They have.... smell about them. So do Klingons. Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: I have engineering investigating power usage anomalies. Meanwhile, security sent me this. ::gestures to the report on his screen:: At best we're dealing with some kind of smuggling operation. At worst... well, the Pakleds have been used as patsies before by other species. Chirakis: :::looking at the screen:: Indeed. How many do we have so far? Nijil tr'Korjata: O a latou mea o lo’o fai? :: he said aloud :: Alexis McFarland: Yeah, they do, don't they? ::wrinkles her nose:: Sierra Robinson: + Coleridge + Commander...the Chief has discovered manipulation of our Power Data Consumption Monitoring Equipment... Sierra Robinson: :: confused :: Need to work on that translation equipment. Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: At least 12 Pakleds have arrived in the past few days. Nijil tr'Korjata: I recommend not replacing the monitoring devices. Sierra Robinson: Peter Pakled> :: waters his flowers on display :: Scott Coleridge: +Robinson+ Understood. Do not interfere or alert the Pakleds that you've discovered the tampering. Chirakis: Have we determined what they are after? Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: I think it serves our investigation better if we don't crack down on them just yet. Alexis McFarland: I wonder why so many have arrived recently? Annisha: Convention? Fletcher Jackson: Lt Norg> leaves Drankum's and another officer takes his place at a table far, far away::: Alexis McFarland: Pakled convention? Sierra Robinson: Oh sir...I messed up...I should be letting you talk to Commander Coleridge....Fuzz buckets. mimipavilion: ::moves over to Scott to listen on the Pakled discussion:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Oe suamalie, ae e lelei. Sierra Robinson: :: palm on forehead briefly then turns her gaze to the Pakled watering the flowers across the corridor :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Could hear it in his head :: It's fine. Scott Coleridge: The new shop on the commerce level is dealing with bagatelles. Some Pakleds appear to be... drinking. Two days ago I had security tighten access to several areas that the Pakleds were wandering into, claiming they were "appraising" the department's equipment. Nijil tr'Korjata: My language... I've not forgotten Rihan, but.. Scott Coleridge: Either they think they can pull off some kind of heist, or else they are being used as a diversion by someone else. Sierra Robinson: So we leave things as is not to alert the Pakleds? But is that not a risk to our equipment? Chirakis: Or they are Pakleds looking for a place to live? But that makes little sense. Nijil tr'Korjata: The devices are already compromised. We can use other techniques to get the same results. Scott Coleridge: One of the reports did mention that actually... ::pages back to Hebert's report:: Sierra Robinson: :: observes the Chief's work :: Nijil tr'Korjata: For example I can place an isotope in the plasma on this deck to trace where it really goes. Sierra Robinson: That is a neat idea…Detective Korjata.. Nijil tr'Korjata: I could do it to you. :: smiles :: Muuhi did it to me so she could keep tabs on Prani's body...me. Fletcher Jackson: Pakleds> :::push off from the table, wipe their hands and faces with the tablecloth, push the chairs away almost overturning the table, and they leave, very happy::: Sierra Robinson: Trace me? Well aside from Engineering, Anotnio's Pizza and my quarters...not much of a life to monitor at the moment. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Sets up the vid links to trace these new visitors :: Fletcher Jackson: Pakled> ::HUGE BURPS:::: Sierra Robinson: :: scans immediate area with her tricorder :: Nijil tr'Korjata: It's really a medical thing. Chirakis: Are they all over the station, or only in certain areas? :::checks the screen::: Nijil tr'Korjata: +Dr. Mimi+ After my shift I need to visit sickbay. I seem to be talking in Yithian more than I wish to. mimipavilion: +Nijil+ Ok I will visit with you then. Annisha: Maybe the Pakleds are slowly meeting.. I mean they do everything slowly Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: Only certain areas so far. Scott Coleridge: More concentrated now that security has pushed them out of the more secure areas. Alexis McFarland: The meeting will be very slow too. Alexis McFarland: Then they'll be slow to leave... Nijil tr'Korjata: +Dr. Mimi+ Faafetai fomai. mimipavilion: ::hearing the last comm from Nijil:: +Nijil+ Excuse me. Annisha: :: in a deep voice :: I like things, things that make me leave. Nijil tr'Korjata: +Dr. Mimi+ Oh..oh. That was thank you doctor...doctor. Sierra Robinson: :: looks to the Chief and smiles briefly understanding this language issue will take time to correct :: mimipavilion: +Nijil+ How about reporting to medical now so we can assess the Yith situation. Alexis McFarland: I am smart. Nijil tr'Korjata: Sure. Just collect some data for a bit. :: Goes off :: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Minutes seem like seconds and he arrives at sickbay :: mimipavilion: ::leaves CnC and orders the tl to medical:: mimipavilion: ::arrives not to long behind Nijil:: Sierra Robinson: Take Care sir.. Nijil tr'Korjata: Doctor? :: looks around :: I left Robinson to collect more data so I could be here. Sierra Robinson: :: walks around Commerce Deck collecting readings....:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: jumps :: Ah! Nijil tr'Korjata: I'll just sit on a bed. mimipavilion: Good. Let's get you checked out and see why you keep talking like a Yith. Nijil tr'Korjata: :: sits :: Chirakis: Commander, put the area of their probing on the main screen. mimipavilion: ::starts scanning Nijil's brain:: Nijil tr'Korjata: O a’u o Yith. Scott Coleridge: ::does this:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Maybe I got so used to being one I became one. Muuhi wondered that herself. mimipavilion: Uh? Nijil tr'Korjata: I said I am Yith. Well, not really. Chirakis: :::arms cross::: Hm.... most of them are living quarters. However, decks 1 through 8 are.... delicate areas to say the least. mimipavilion: Probably so. Especially the whole time differential issue that happened. Sierra Robinson: :: wanders over to the Pakled Pop Up Store and just casually passes it by...noting the owner...Peter is discussing things with a very...rotund Pakled :: Nijil tr'Korjata: I guess language is pretty central to a lot of things and it integrates at many levels. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Chirakis: The commerce deck is another.... and the bays. Alexis McFarland: ::snuggles Miana:: Chirakis: I believe that we have more than a small matter in our hands. Nijil tr'Korjata: The time difference was surprisingly minimal. I think worrying about home, a home that was not to happen for 1,400 years was on my mind. Scott Coleridge: I agree. But how do we get to the bottom of it without alerting the Pakleds, or whoever is behind them? Annisha: Now talking about smells. Miana. :: smirks :: Alexis McFarland: Miana smells nice mimipavilion: And if memory serves you said that the Yith homeworld was about 2400 lightyears from ch'Rihan. Annisha: She uses a lot of shampoos and oils., Chirakis: ::turns to face Scott::: Allow security to completely take over. Alexis McFarland: ::nods:: Sierra Robinson: :: notes the unusual flowers...:: Flytraps? Nijil tr'Korjata: Right. Guess wormholes don't care about distance. Chirakis: Block all areas from the Pakleds. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Nijil tr'Korjata: :: thinks :: I wonder if they can be made between galaxies. mimipavilion: Probably Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: Thank you Chirakis: TBS will be the same day in the afternoon. Let's say 2pm Chirakis: Anything for the crew, Commander? Scott Coleridge: Beware Pakleds bearing merch. Chirakis: Of course... Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none.... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  24. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |17 July 2020 16 June 2388 - Stardate 2388.168 TBS is zero - 0900 hours (9:00 am) Aegis Local. Pakleds continue to move from one place to another, taking notes, frowning and jabbering occasionally. Lt Hebert has information that he will pass to Commander Coleridge. Upon examining a very strange plant brought aboard by a trader, Lt Dran watches the plant absorb certain acids and rearrange its atomic structure, wondering how it generates energy, what it does with the resulting energy, and if it is biological cold fusion. It is now in a containment field. Security is on the commerce deck looking for more plants. USS Rodman, USS Chi Song, and USS Agincourt are still missing in Nebula 231. A Starfleet Runabout is entering the nebula to search for them. Commander Korjata is still dealing with his stint among the Yith.
  25. We Are Smart Exhausted from an over-extended watch, Coates grabbed a chair in Drankum’s and plopped into it, wondering if he had the stamina to stay awake and maybe… just maybe he would eat. He ordered his usual breakfast, ran his hands through his hair, then crossed his arms to rest his forehead on the table, desperately hoping he wouldn’t fall asleep. A screeching chair next to him jerked the lieutenant fully awake. “Hey, man,” said the voice. “It’s way past your watch. You look horrible!” “Thanks Ab,” he slurred, blinking to keep his eyes open. “Next time you draw the short straw.” “So I heard,” he replied, leaning back as the barkeep eased Coates’s order onto the table before taking Ab’s and leaving. “Those Packs seem to work best at night, I guess so they think they can’t be seen. It’s easier to put towels over their heads, but I don’t think they know about that.” “Yeah,” Coates whispered into a sigh. “Pakleds. Why does it have to be Pakleds?” Lt Hebert—aka Bert—nodded and joined him in the sigh as he leaned forward to whisper, “And guess who’s coming in.” “Aw gees…. I guess they never get tired.” One of several undercover security officers, Coates had geared up in worn-out bluejeans and a white jersey with Parrises Squares Andor Champions embroidered on the front. Bert looked like he was ready for the gym. They and the rest of Security had been watching the Pakleds poke around every possible nook and cranny of the station. Well, not exactly every area, but those areas that they could squeeze themselves into. They were sneaky. They were chunky. They were ignorant, and boy were they smelly. They were difficult to ignore, especially when they entered Drankum’s and squeezed their way toward a table. “Hey, man,” Bert continued, waving the barkeep over. “Take it to your quarters. Stace and Norg’ll be here soon. We got this.” Coats was gone in a heartbeat. Bert watched him leave and turned back to see the Pakleds settling into the next table and staring at him. Finally, one gave a proud grin. “We are smart!” Putting aside his breakfast, Bert leaned back, knowing exactly where this was going. “Good to hear. I’ve never seen you on station. I’m Bert. Who are you?” “Gredned. I am smart.” “Well, hello Gredned. Are you here for a visit?” “We look for things.” “Well, There are a lot of things on the commerce deck.” He pointed in that direction. “You should take a look at what they have.” “We look for things,” he grinned again, turning to nod with the others. “We are smart.” “Um… you said that. What kind of things?” “Things we need.” “Ohhh kay. What kind of things do you need?” he asked as Stace and Norg crept in and relaxed at the table. Grebned stared at Stace, then Norg. “Hey,” said Bert, snapping a finger to catch Grebned’s attention. “What kind of things do you need?” “Things to live with.” “Things to live with because….” “Things to live with. Places to live. We need places to live,” he continued, dumbfounded. “So... why did you come here to find a place to live?” “We are smart.” “You’ve found a place to live here?” “We are smart. We will live here.” A quick glance at Stace and Norg, and Bret continued with a slight smile. “You are smart. Can you tell me exactly where you will live?” “We are smart. We will live here.” They agreed wholeheartedly. “This is a big place. Where... is here? Can you show me?” “We are smart. This is Kirlemod. He will show. He is smart. I am smart. We are smart.” Kirlemod eagerly bulldozed through a satchel, pulled out PADDs, tablets, and folders, then handed one to Bert. “We are smart.”
  26. Manticore Brief Stardate 52007.13 "New Las Conviction" It's the next day and the trial of Commander Kansas Kenickie is set to begin. The officers of the USS Manticore assemble in uniform to defend their executive officer, though it does not look good. Everyone is walking into the courtroom, in s l o w m o t i o n… Cmdr JFarrington: Questions? Kansas Kenickie: can I run now? Cmdr JFarrington: All righty... Cmdr JFarrington: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Cmdr JFarrington: =/\=BEGIN SIM=/\= Callista Tyrel: :: walking slowly towards the Courtroom....:: Erich Jaenke: :: Already in the courtroom as her defense, as if... :: Gila Orrak: :: Walking :: Anyone else feel sluggish? Annika Sorenson: I'm glad it's not just me. ::walking along:: Gila Orrak: :: Walking up the stairs :: Here we go.. not as ornate as Cardassian courts, but in the same vein. Kansas Kenickie: :::Handcuffed and brought into court by station security, nods to her people:: Cmdr JFarrington: ::in the courtroom, waiting, her shiny Starfleet Command insignia glistening in the light::: Cmdr JFarrington: ::neutral expression::: Erich Jaenke: :: At the defense table :: Callista Tyrel: :: enters courtroom and takes a seat noting KS ...and other people....:: Annika Sorenson: Interesting. ::enters and takes a seat next to Callista:: Gila Orrak: :: Sits in the back :: This is the sentencing phase right? Annika Sorenson: I think that comes last. Erich Jaenke: :: Turns to see the officers enter :: Kansas Kenickie: Court Officer> all raise for your honorable Judge Watson BrenFaliver: ::startles o see Gila and Annika by him, having come in late and snuck to the back as well:: They have to have a sham trial first. BrenFaliver: ::Rises:: Cmdr JFarrington: :::stands:: Annika Sorenson: ::rises from her seat:: Kansas Kenickie: Court officer> ::Opens her door:: Gila Orrak: What? Oh wait, this is a Federation trial. Callista Tyrel: :: stands :: Judge Watson: ::Judge silently judges the late comers: Annika Sorenson: ::nods:: BrenFaliver: ::Everyone is judging the late comer--that is, the Judge:: Kansas Kenickie: ::Looks at Erich:: so I am doomed Cmdr JFarrington: :::stands just behind Erich and Kansas::: Judge Watson: You may be seated. Cmdr JFarrington: :::sits::: BrenFaliver: ::EVERYONE DO THE FLOP:: Annika Sorenson: ::sits back down:: Gila Orrak: :: sits :: Kansas Kenickie: :::takes her seat:: BrenFaliver: ::whispering:: So, Annika, think she will get the Chair or is this a lethal hypospray kind of planet? Kansas Kenickie: Prosecutor> morning your honor Callista Tyrel: :: notes Bren arriving and smiles :: Erich Jaenke: Defense > Morning Callista Tyrel: :: seated :: Callista Tyrel: Bolian in back> :: seated :: Judge Watson: :: Heavily Eyeing :: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> I am production for the federation.. we are trying Commander Kansas Kenickie with 13 counts of murder. Judge Watson: : no order in the court looking to slam down: Cmdr JFarrington: :::glares aside at Bren, her glare telling him to be still::: Cmdr JFarrington: ::neutral expression::: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> May I begin with my opening statement your Honor? BrenFaliver: ::Doesn't see Farrington glaring as he and another spectator near-silently debate the merits of bringing back the gallows:: Annika Sorenson: (w)Hypospray hopefully. Annika Sorenson: ::watches the trial:: Judge Watson: You may. Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> we are here to send this murder of 13 or more people to her rightful death. Judge Watson: Go on. Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> she has taken lives with no remorse and we need to stop her now.... before she kills again. Judge Watson: You have terrible report. Callista Tyrel: :: Did not think the Death Penalty existed in the Federation...she'll have to read up on New Las Vegas Government. :: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> I beg your forgiveness ma’am Annika Sorenson: :::didn't think so either:: Annika Sorenson: ::rubs chin:: Judge Watson: May the prosecutor bring exhibit A, or do i have to do your job for you Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> I am going to begin with Ms Kenickie... Erich Jaenke: :: Listens :: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> ::Brings up photos of Kansas in different disguises... this woman goes from planet to planet and kills whoever she pleases. BrenFaliver: ::tnip:: That last one is Dame Edna.... Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> We have flight logs that show her going to these planets and then photos of her dressed up..... then shockingly a person is dead all in the same manner. Judge Watson: sext BrenFaliver: ::blink:: Erich Jaenke: :: Thinks of the flight logs :: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> Ms Kenickie is known for cutting throats.... these people have all been killed with the weapon a knife. Judge Watson: ::judge notes eyes meeting each other, fever in the room: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> I call Ms Kenickie to the stand Judge Watson: You may take the stand. Kansas Kenickie: ::Looks at Erich:: here we go. BrenFaliver: ::whispers to Annika and Callista:: since when does Kansas fall into predictable patterns? Only one weapon? Tsh. Callista Tyrel: :: wonders if the guy who brought Kansas to trial is in the courtroom :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Stands up still in chains and walks to the chair next to the judge:: Kansas Kenickie: ::Sits:: Judge Watson: defense you may ask your questions. Annika Sorenson: ::Nods in agreement to Bren:: Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> Kansas... ::walks up to the bench:: we have you on tape.... your flight logs.. just tell everyone the truth. Cmdr JFarrington: ::not impressed with their methods::: Kansas Kenickie: I was on vacation... I can't help that crazy people are in the universe Callista Tyrel: :: Bren has a point....ponders if this evidence is real :: Kansas Kenickie: Plus those pics look nothing like me ::all of them are her:: Judge Watson: Order in court. Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> your are calling everyone in court stupid? Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> holds up pics of dead people.... you killed all of these people. Kansas Kenickie: ::Squints:: I don’t know them. Erich Jaenke: Objection, we are here to prove she killed those people, not to presume beforehand. Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> ::Looks at Bren:::: you may prove your case.. I know you can Not! Cmdr JFarrington: :::wonders why Erich does not interrupt because the opposition is badgering the witness... in fact he is not even asking questions, he's pointing fingers.... mental note to report that the SF Command::: Judge Watson: mam do you have sight issues we should have been aware of previously. Judge Watson: this will not stand order in the court Kansas Kenickie: I can see just fine, I know none of those people.. before, during or after their lives. Judge Watson: how can you verify your alibi Callista Tyrel: ( is this guy using a screen presentation....or charts? ) Erich Jaenke: Objection. The prosecution is not asking questions of the accused. This is clear badgering. Cmdr JFarrington: ::a strange question for the judge to ask::: Kansas Kenickie: I was with my partner, Captain McFly for 6 of those dates Callista Tyrel: :: notes slit throats in images....lots of blood :: Judge Watson: The photos which have the throats slit have families. Judge Watson: Were you a harlot? Kansas Kenickie: no ma,am, I am innocent Erich Jaenke: Objection, the families of the victims are not relevant to presumed innocence. Callista Tyrel: Bolian in back> :: crosses his arms while listening :: Judge Watson: Mr Jaenke... Erich Jaenke: Objection your honor. You are badgering the witness with the term harlot. Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> please... tell your lies Judge Watson: if you can repeat yourself Judge Watson: " The families of victims are not relevant.." Judge Watson: Then sleep at night Kansas Kenickie: ::Looks at Erich::: Erich Jaenke: Correct, unless there is a family of the victims that saw their loved ones killed in front of them their mere existence is not the purview of this proceeding. Annika Sorenson: ::Doesn't really care for where this trial is heading:: Callista Tyrel: :: is worried..this judge is not what she expected..:: Judge Watson: Please Mr Jaenke. Kansas Kenickie: :::works on her cuffs...::: Cmdr JFarrington: ::would like to see this judge and prosecutor's credentials::: Judge Watson: did you ever lose a loved one? Cmdr JFarrington: :::blink:: Erich Jaenke: Again, not relevant. Fact is, your honor, the witnesses prosecution should be bringing in are ones that saw the murders happen, saw her exit or enter the flights from the logs, can verify they saw the alleged murderer. Judge Watson: Bring on the prosecution. Kansas Kenickie: Nellen> ::yells:: SHE IS A MURDER AND NEEDS TO BE PUT DOWN LIKE THE DOG SHE IS!! Judge Watson: ORDER Erich Jaenke: Objection your honor. Judge Watson: to what thee object? Erich Jaenke: I rule this outburst be stricken from the record and the prosecution reminded to stick to the facts. Kansas Kenickie: I get order like everyone else..mine are just out of your class. Callista Tyrel: :: looks to Gila...wondering if this in more inline with a trial from Cardassia..:: Judge Watson: Thinks to herself ::Keep your dog in a cage next time Jaenke:: Gila Orrak: :: whispers :: This sure feels like the sentencing phase, cause they sure think that B is guilty. Erich Jaenke: To the judge: She is not my dog and I do not keep her in a cage. Judge Watson: ( a lot of stake, been paid off) Judge Watson: Recess. Please collect yourself. We will be due back in an hour’s time. Erich Jaenke: Objection your honor, your impartiality is suspect due to your heightened emotional state. Judge Watson: HAH Judge Watson: I find you in contempt. Callista Tyrel: :: notes Erich getting fined hopefully will not spend the night in the jail :: Erich Jaenke: What, did not like a Betazoid on defense? Kansas Kenickie: Court officer> All rise! Callista Tyrel: :: stands :: Erich Jaenke: :: Doing that shuffling paper thing into his briefcase. Hey, were did that come from? :: Erich Jaenke: :: already standing :: Gila Orrak: :: Looks around and stands :: Judge Watson: ::slams gavel:: Callista Tyrel: :: awaits Judge to ..go to his chamber :: Kansas Kenickie: ::watches the urge leave the courtroom::: Erich Jaenke: :: Did read the contempt part of his Defense Attorney for Engineers, 34th Edition :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Leans forward, points at Erich:: you suck. Erich Jaenke: :: points :: You drug yourself into this. Dug a hole without a shovel. Kansas Kenickie: I am going to put you in that hole buddy. Erich Jaenke: Not if I snap your mind in two first. Callista Tyrel: :: with the gavel " bonked " Callista exits into the lobby :: Erich Jaenke: :: Proceeds to exit the courtroom :: Cmdr JFarrington: :::moves toward Erich and whispers:: they have no evidence whatsoever. This judge is definitely not Starfleet Command. Kansas Kenickie: ::stands up and lunges at Erich::: son of a B*tch. Gila Orrak: Well, I sure need to read up on legal proceedings. Kansas Kenickie: ::Court officer> ::Grabs KK::: settle down there. Erich Jaenke: I'd give you a headache, but you undoubtedly already have one. Erich Jaenke: See you in an hour, Commander. Judge Watson: I care about you all. Kansas Kenickie: So I don’t have a say in my own case!! Callista Tyrel: :: in lobby getting a drink from the nearby fountain and notes the New Las Vegas Courtroom interior :: BrenFaliver: ::wonders how bad it could possibly be to phaser this judge and prosecutor. Terribly ironic, though:: Erich Jaenke: :: Exits the back of the court as they take Kansas back :: Erich Jaenke: :: Meets up with the rest of the group :: Well, I am no attorney, that's for certain. Kansas Kenickie: :::Pulled along out of court:: Jerk ::to Erich;; Cmdr JFarrington: (w) I can take second chair. Erich Jaenke: :: Projects some word into KK's mind :: Kansas Kenickie: You little scum bag !! Callista Tyrel: :: does a Picard Maneuver and walks over to Erich Jaenke :: Uhm...I think this particular trial's outcome has been predetermined. This is a local jurisdiction trial by the looks of it. Annika Sorenson: ::orders a bag of chips from a vending machine:: Erich Jaenke: :: Looks to Farrington :: Yes. It does not help to have the defendant's hatred of her defense and the court already making up its mind. Annika Sorenson: It does not look good. BrenFaliver: ::Stares at the Bolian in the back, curious:: Gila Orrak: Inspiring to see a Cardassian court system on a Federation world. Annika Sorenson: ::opens the bag of chips:: Cmdr JFarrington: (w to Erich) And we need to get her away from everyone so we can talk. Cmdr JFarrington: :::closes in on KK::: Don't say another word. Callista Tyrel: Bolian> :: departs courtroom for recess :: Kansas Kenickie: ::Shuts up::: Cmdr JFarrington: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Cmdr JFarrington: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Cmdr JFarrington: Thank you Cmdr JFarrington: It's all yours, Boss. Kansas Kenickie: Good work everyone.. there were some freezes. BrenFaliver: Look, people were icy, but 'freezes' seems a little--oh, the tech! nm Kansas Kenickie: I will work on a log for this week, feel free to explore the court house Cmdr JFarrington: I'll be doing a log as well. BrenFaliver: Let's find the judge's chambers! Cmdr JFarrington: Nothing like insane prosecutors. Callista Tyrel: New Las Vegas Courthouse...> :: lots of pictures of previous Bubba Judges :: Kansas Kenickie: For what Erich, a booty call? Callista Tyrel: :: watches the Untouchables :: Erich Jaenke: :: puts down his padd :: What? :: to the padd :: Call you back babe. Cmdr JFarrington: Move on from here, Commander, or move forward? Cmdr JFarrington: As in TBS? Kansas Kenickie: next day Cmdr JFarrington: Next day, morning... gotcha. Kansas Kenickie: bright eyed and play like I am innocent. Callista Tyrel: okay goodnight! Kansas Kenickie: Good work everyone, thank my guest... if you didn’t scare her she will be here next week. Kansas Kenickie: Nite Peeps, it is my B-Day and I need a drink Erich Jaenke: Night all. Cmdr JFarrington: Happy Birthday! Annika Sorenson: night and happy birthday! Cmdr JFarrington: Night all. Leave some cake for me .
  27. The away team leaves with the repair crew through the "grav caster" and finds themselves in a city with tall buildings, lots of wires and a pneumatic tube network. They are brought to the building where the company headquarters is located. chatlog2020-7-5.txt
  28. The traffic of ships above New Las Vegas was chaotic with vessels including passenger liners, freighters, yachts, naval vessels and shuttles. It was only slightly organized to avoid major collisions, and so far no one had significantly damaged Manticore. Callista had heard talk about this once she returned aboard Manticore the day before. It was quite a sight from her quarter’s viewports, a crazy sight to begin what might be a crazy day. She was back in uniform for Commander Kenickie’s trial that was scheduled to begin in a few hours. Her mind had wrestled the previous night with the question on what to do. Should she stay on the ship in case someone decided to “ spring “ the Commander or attend the trial in person? She had decided on the latter, someone had to be there to support Kansas. Callista was still bothered by questions as she checked her appearance in the mirror and she could not find an answer. Why on earth was this trial being allowed to happen? Who attacked their hotel? And finally, how did someone manage to catch Kansas Kenickie? Commander Kenickie seemed to relish bladed weapons, appearing to single handedly commandeer a Klingon vessel with violent ease. There was no doubt she was capable of killing many people . From what she had gathered over the last 24 hours Kansas was not denying the charges. So why was Callista going to the trial in support of an assassin? Her gaze returned to her reflection in the mirror as she adjusted her hair. There was something she admired about Kansas, her take charge no business attitude perhaps. She also wasn’t afraid to speak her mind much like herself. A budding killer inside herself? No, Callista h did not have any skills capable of pulling off an assassination. Yet she did desire to gain covert operation skills to assist Manticore to fulfill her missions. She had brought up that subject with her friends Annika and Gila down on the surface. Despite the veneer Kansas displayed of being extremely dangerous, inside she was human just like herself. Callista did not want her commander to feel abandoned further by her shipmates, and that in the end was the reason why she would attend the trial.. After attaching her comm badge and Engineering Tricorder to her Uniform she took one final look in the mirror and passed her quick visual inspection. She dimmed the lights and began to exit her quarters when she realized she forgot to do something. Tyrel walked over to her bed and placed her right foot on it, she raised her pant leg a bit to reveal an ankle knife holster with a Starfleet Issue Ka-Bar type blade. She quickly removed the holster and left it on her bed. Relieved that she had corrected that oversight she concluded her commander had rubbed off on her , in a very sharp way.
  1. Load more activity