Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chirakis

Sky Harbor Aegis | 11 January 2019

=/\= Aegis Mission Brief 1/11/19 =/\=
4 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.125

TBS is 2 hours. The time is 1200 hours (12:00 PM) Aegis local.
Sensor grid upgrades are close to completion.
We hope to find the missing freighter, Argos II.
Shuttle Warren is on SAR.
On an unknown planet, Argos II is trying to repair their damage.
Dr Jeremiah Brubaker has been stranded there for 10 years.
He and Erei'Riov Kushana of Argos II are exchanging information.

Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\=
Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\=

Johnson Kenyon: ::watching the sensors from Main engineering::
Theobald Dumont: ::examining a sample in the geology lab::
Jylliene: ::on CNC, Ops::
Dacia Sandero: ::in sick bay ::
mimipavilion: ::on the CnC, still observing::
Chirakis: ::CnC, monitoring progress with Cmdr Coleridge:::
Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC, Internal OPS:::
Tarisa: ::On CnC, at her console.::
Tarisa: @ Miana> ::Petting the doggy, doing her best to keep distracted.::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::at a side station on the CnC::
Johnson Kenyon: +Tarisa+ As I understand it, the sensor sweep will happen and then the processors will sort through the data. The changes will take a moment, but they should work relatively soon
Theobald Dumont: ::looking at a vivisection of the core under a microscope::
Tarisa: +Kenyon+ Understood.
Dacia Sandero: @ Alexis> ::looks at the dog ::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> ::discussing things with Erei'Riov Kushana:::
Chirakis: ::listening to the exchange between Kenyon and Tarisa:::
Chirakis: ::turns to Cayne:: Anything I need to know about this sector?
Tarisa: ::Continuing her sweep.::
Jylliene: ::wondering if the girls are okay, trying to trust that the captain of the Argos will find a way to signal Aegis::
Annisha: @ Kushana> So, two of my officers and myself will go back with au to the site of your ship. My first officer, engineers and medical will stay with the Argos II, along with the children.
Theobald Dumont: ::putting the next specimen under the light:: +Computer+ increase magnification.
Dacia Sandero: ::hopes likewise of the girls as Jylliene ::
Chirakis: ::assuming he would say so if there were, but she is anxious about the children and will probably be busying herself with other things:::
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: There is very little traffic through the area, all things considered. A nebula is the most prominent fixture of the location.
Dacia Sandero: @Alexis>  ::pets the dog as well::
Chirakis: ::turns:: The nebula is close to us?
Scott Coleridge: ::listening::
Tarisa: I am getting faint distortion waves from the area.
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::watching the sensor feed.::
Theobald Dumont: ::picking at the core sample with a small blue lighted tweezer-like instrument::
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: To Tarisa :: Distortion waves? What is their nature?
Johnson Kenyon: ::monitoring the distortion on the sensors... wondering what kind it is... tapping console::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Whippet> :::wearing down since he has not played with children for so long, he snuggles up to them for a nap::
Tarisa: ::Curious.:: Gravimetric.
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Gila...Shuttlecraft Warren> :: Maintaining a scanning pattern until they get further orders, and glad there is a replicator on board ::
Tarisa: There should not be such waves, unless there was a planet nearby.
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: to Tarisa :: May not play well with warp propulsion...
Dacia Sandero: @Alexis> Doge sleep
Chirakis: ::listening carefully:::
Theobald Dumont: ::determining the age of the mineral stratification::
Tarisa: ::Looking over to Dran to confirm.::
Tarisa: @ Miana> ::Finally purrs, since they first crashed.::
Annisha: :: Annisha was feeling a bit woozy, even after all this time ::
Johnson Kenyon: ::noticing the specialty sensors running in tandem with the lateral sensors::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Oh, yes. ::looking the data over, checking the math:: Patterns conform to planetary gravity wells.
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: To Chirakis :: It's... well, a few light years out. Outside of what we normally scan.
Dacia Sandero: @Alexis ::relaxing a bit::
Chirakis: ::nods to Cayne::
Theobald Dumont: +Computer+ Lights! ::breathes deeply:: ::to the technician:: I think we'll save the rest for another day. ::sits back::
Jylliene: ::scrolling through reports a second, then a third time, in case of anything she had missed in her state of mind::
Annisha: @ What time is it?
Dacia Sandero: @Alexis> noonish
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Not able to do his job well under the circumstances ::
Nijil tr'Korjata: +Flight Deck+ Is the Nei'rrh ready?
Tarisa: We should be able to formulate a rough search area for the shuttle.
Johnson Kenyon: ::noticing a bit of confusion in Main Engineering... tries to pick up the slack and provide some direction::
Theobald Dumont: ::exits the geology lab and enters main science:: ::looks over the duty roster::
Annisha: @ Kushana> I believe we are ready to go? :: to the doctor ::
Johnson Kenyon: ::disappointed he didn't hear back from Commander Coleridge... hopes Nijil will recover soon::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Main engineering seemed rather lonely right about now, the sensor upgrades proceeded on schedule, but... ::
Nijil tr'Korjata: Kenyon, do au have a report on the sensor upgrade status?
Theobald Dumont: ::gets the chills, imagining how far down they had to drill through the ice:: ::moves on to the next tasks::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::Tarisa:: Commander. We should designate the closest point the shuttle should arrive for a telescopic scan for a planet. A visual location may be more reliable than what sensors are giving us. It also reduces the risk of. ::pauses:: sending another ship into an unstable location.
Fletcher Jackson: @ Dr Brubaker> Yes, if your little group is, I certainly am.
Johnson Kenyon: ::looking at Nijil and standing:: Yes, sir. They are up and running. They seem to be improving the collective scanning capability now.
mimipavilion: ::paying close attention to Jylliene and Tarisa::
Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Agreed. ::Looking over for a moment, before setting a point on the map.::
Annisha: @ Kushana> Let's begin. :: Walks down the ramp to the rear of the cargo vessel :: Oh, this is hot...
Johnson Kenyon: ::trying to figure out how Nijil is holding up::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> Whippet, should we take them for a dip in the pool, girl?
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: nods :: It will take some time for the processing to catch up.
Fletcher Jackson: @ Whippet> ::suddenly excited, barks, tail wagging:::
Nijil tr'Korjata: Do au have any children Mr. Kenyon?
Tarisa: @ Miana> ::Perks up.::
Johnson Kenyon: :Nijil:: No.. I'm single. I cannot imagine what you're going through
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> And the children? Will they be able to come? With the injuries they have, I mean.
Jylliene: ::Trying to ensure she stays focused on the task at hand, exhales softly::
Theobald Dumont: ::walking around the main science lab going over each sub-departments' projects::
Dacia Sandero: @Alexis> hmm?
Tarisa: I have the point set on the map. ::To Chirakis / Scott.:: With permission, I would like the Warren to begin the search. 
Chirakis: ::nods affirmative to Scott::
Annisha: @Kushana> One in particular has suffered a head injury. Since I don't know the journey or the dangers I erred on the side of caution.
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> Ah. Very well.
Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: Agreed.
Theobald Dumont: ::making notes here and there on a padd, accessing the wall consoles here and there in main science::
Scott Coleridge: Forward your suggested search pattern to Ops.
Annisha: @Kushana> The one that is injured would like the walk the most.
Scott Coleridge: ::Jylliene:: Once you have the search pattern, instruct the Warren to begin immediately and send their data back to us.
Tarisa: ::Looks to Jylliene, nodding in assurance.:: Sending coordinates.
Johnson Kenyon: ::Nijil:: With respect, do you need to take some time off?
Annisha: @Kushana> And my employer's granddaughter
Tae'Lynn Dran: A spectral scan should tell the atmospheric makeup of any planets.
Fletcher Jackson: ::watching his counterpart, just in case he's needed:::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> Well, then. Whenever you are ready, we'll go.
Nijil tr'Korjata: I need to get out there and search for them... time off without searching would be... an even greater injustice of my time.
Jylliene: Sending to the Warren.
Annisha: @Kushana> :: starts to walk :: Lead the way doctor...
Johnson Kenyon: ((I'm told the sensor upgrades operate the specialty sensors at the same time.... press a button and in a moment you should see a spectral scan))
Jylliene: ::sends pattern to the Warren, as well as the Big Go-Ahead and the instruction to relay data back::
Theobald Dumont: ::replicates a black tea hot w/lemon::
Johnson Kenyon: ::moving closer to Nijil and talking softly:: I could go with you
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::quietly working on scans to ID any signs of ship destruction. Keeping those to herself for the moment::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> Of course. Come, Whippet. Let's lead the way. ::making the way to the exit and turns in the direction of several small hills:::
mimipavilion: ::notes that their fine and decides to go to engineering to check on Nijil , makes her way to the tl::
Nijil tr'Korjata: I would need permission to search and they have not narrowed down the section of space yet.
Tarisa: @ Miana> Bye puppy. Come play again!
mimipavilion: ::enters the tl and orders it to engineering::
Nijil tr'Korjata: I am sure the Argos II is not destroyed.
Dacia Sandero: @Alexis> Doge bye
Nijil tr'Korjata: Sure..
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: sighs :: +CnC+ Korjata to CnC
Johnson Kenyon: ::Nijil:: We may well have that section of space soon. Science has already discovered at least one planet on their route
Chirakis: ::hears the SubCommander:::
Theobald Dumont: ::puts his tea down and starts polishing an eyepiece::
Fletcher Jackson: +Nijil+ Internal OPS here. Go ahead.
mimipavilion: ::arrives in engineering::
Jylliene: ::ears perk, listens in::
Nijil tr'Korjata: +CnC+ The Nei'rrh is ready to go, permission to search for the Argos II
Jylliene: ::aloud in the background:: What?
Chirakis: ::turns to Scott, eyebrow raised slightly:::
Tarisa: ::Using the spectral setting. Perks up at the comm.::
Scott Coleridge: ::echoes:: What?
Theobald Dumont: ::hums to himself:: Let's see, what's next? ::continues to him and goes about his business in main science::
Jylliene: ::turns toward the sound of the speaker from Jackson's console::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::puzzled look at Jylliene's reaction::
mimipavilion: ::looks around for Nijil and sees him and goes over to him and hears him asking to search Argos II:: ummm excuse me?
Chirakis: ::approaches Scott, speaking quietly:: One more could not hurt, Commander.
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Turns to Kenyon :: Au need some training on a Rihan vessel
Johnson Kenyon: ::looks at Mimi::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: turns to Mimi :: Ie doctor?
mimipavilion: ::Nijil:: Did I just hear what I thought I heard?
Johnson Kenyon: ::nods to Nijil... waiting for the doctor::
Chirakis: ::turned so Jyllene cannot easily hear the conversation:: And Nei’rrh is an excellent Search and Rescue vessel.
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> ::leads the group around several hills, and the journey is not as long as it seemed to be when he took it the first time:::
Theobald Dumont: ::sits at science station two and performs a level 3 diagnostic with manual calibration::
Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: I know the Nei'rrh is. I'm more concerned about its pilot.
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: to Mimi :: Au mean joining the search, for my own daughter, and the others?
mimipavilion: ::Nijil:: I mean your mental state.
Chirakis: (w) Perhaps if he had a companion? Someone to keep an eye on him?
mimipavilion: and yes
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> There.. up ahead. That patch of green. That is my home.
Scott Coleridge: Good idea.
Theobald Dumont: ::flips through display after display for optimal efficiency::
Nijil tr'Korjata: Au mean despondent, worrisome, prone to not paying attention to his duties?
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::wishing all the social interactions and relations had been mapped out and included in the station welcome packet::
Chirakis: ::nods:: +Nijil+ Permission granted.
Tarisa: ::Hard to avoid conversations when she has satellite ears.:: Commander, I would like to join as well.
mimipavilion: Yep. I wouldn't be doing my job if I wasn't paying attention.
Chirakis: +Nijil+ Lt Kenyon will accompany you.
Johnson Kenyon: ::looks at Mimi and Nijil:: And you might could use a backup engineer who wants to learn on additional vessels
Annisha: @ Kushana> :: She was tired after the walk, but did not show it :: Sure not like the crash site.
Jylliene: ::a little surprised, admittedly, but if Chirakis says okay, then...::
Johnson Kenyon: ::overhears Chirakis, quietly:: yes
mimipavilion: ::hears Chirakis:: Looks like you got your permission.
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> ::looks to Kushana:: I built it over the past ten years. And do you feel the temperature difference?
Johnson Kenyon: I will gather up some things and meet you at the ship ::to Nijil::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::Tarisa:: Is that wise?
Nijil tr'Korjata: What is the treatment doctor, for someone in my condition?
Tarisa: I am familiar with the Nei'rrh's sensor systems.
Chirakis: :::Jylliene:: Inform Shuttle Warren that they are to collaborate with the Nei’rrh when it arrives.
Jylliene: Yes ma'am.
Scott Coleridge: ::hears Tarisa, suppresses a sigh:: Very well.
mimipavilion: Just be careful.
Jylliene: ::sends info on to the Warren, informing them of the Nei'rrh's imminent departure and Chirakis's order::
Chirakis: ::also hearing Tarisa, still close to Scott:: (w) ..and keep another pair of eyes on the SubCommander.
Nijil tr'Korjata: May I ask for something extra medical wise in the shuttle, a portable medkit perhaps?
Theobald Dumont: ::taps his fingers on the console in main science:: +Dran+ How are things in the CnC?
Chirakis: (All shuttles have med kits)
Tarisa: ::Nods. To Dran, stepping away from the console.:: The console is yours. Call up Mr. Dumont to assist you.
mimipavilion: (I was going to state something like that)
Chirakis: (Now, if you want an IFAK, check with security)
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Gets ready to turn over ME to another of his department leads ::
Tae'Lynn Dran: +Theo+ We're about to launch another ship for the search. I'll be manning main sensors while Commander Tarisa joins the search.
Johnson Kenyon: ::putting together a standard engineering toolkit, tricorder and a couple changes of clothes::
Tarisa: ::Takes the lift to the launch bay.::
mimipavilion: ::Nijil:: If you'll excuse me.
Theobald Dumont: +Dran+ That sounds interesting. Shall I join you?
Nijil tr'Korjata: Thank au doctor.
mimipavilion: ::nods, goes to the tl, enters it and orders it back to the CnC::
Tae'Lynn Dran: +Theo+ Please do. We're also still integrating the sensor upgrades.
Tarisa: ::Makes a stop to get a pack of supplies, then continues to the bay.::
Theobald Dumont: +Dran+ Aye! +TL+ CnC!
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Gets a kit of his own, just in case and starts his way to the flight deck ::
Jylliene: ::checking current status, gets a departure vector prepped and ready to forward to the Nei'rrh as soon as they launch::
mimipavilion: ::arrives back on the CnC::
Annisha: @ Kushana> Ten years au say? :: as they enter his 'compound' ::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> ::they have finally reached his "home", the reconfigured shuttle:: Yes, Apparently.
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::sets the computers to cross check locals scans with the new systems against older baselines and input any correctional algorithms::
mimipavilion: ::steps back on the CnC::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> I was told that this is the year 2388. I left in 2378 and was caught here.
Theobald Dumont: ::steps onto the "bridge", half-convinced security is going to flag him, looks for Dran::
Johnson Kenyon: ::arriving at the shuttle bay, looking for the Nei'rrh::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::Waves Theo over::
Theobald Dumont: Well Hello There!
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Presses a button on his padd :: Beep beep :: the Nei'rrh decloaks ::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> However :::he takes a deep breath:: I have enjoyed my stay. Why don't you all relax, take a dip in the pool. I do not advise drinking the water. I have a filter system for that and there is water inside the house.
Jylliene: ::smiles inwardly at the new eager arrival to the CnC::
Annisha: @ Kushana> Au reused the shuttle's filtration?
Tarisa: ::Arrives at the Nei'rrh with her pack, seeing Nijil and Kenyon.::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Help me here. We can't pick up any planets but there's a gravity well the size of a planet just sitting there.
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> I did. Very rudimentary, of course, but it does work.
Theobald Dumont: ::Dran:: Why don't we try looking for the star?
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> I might not be an engineer, but I do know a few things, my dear. ::smiles:::
Tae'Lynn Dran: I'm trying to go a little simpler and just get a visual spectral signal.
Tae'Lynn Dran: Oh, yes. Exactly.
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Enters the shuttle ::
Theobald Dumont: ::smiles::
Johnson Kenyon: ::watches as the Nei'rrh decloaks::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looks out :: Tarisa? Au are coming too?
Johnson Kenyon: ::follow Nijil into the shuttle::
Tae'Lynn Dran: It's inside or nearly inside a nebula so, there's that issue.
Tarisa: ::Nods.:: I figured I would be helpful, since I am familiar with the ship's sensors.
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Waves her in :: Let's make haste.
Tarisa: ::Steps inside.::
Theobald Dumont: ::sits down at science station 2:: Alright, let me pull up the gaseous chronometer, we can separate the nebula's composition to find the star.
Johnson Kenyon: ::taking the copilot chair::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Goes to the pilot's chair :: Engaging power, startup sequence...err, started.
Tarisa: ::Sits at a console. Taking out her PADD, she brings up the coordinates.:: This is where the Warren will begin their search.
Nijil tr'Korjata: First time for either of au on a Rihan shuttle?
Johnson Kenyon: First time for me, sir.
Theobald Dumont: ::Dran:: It's probably a very old star if we can't see it well.
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Takes Tarisa's padd for a moment and enters the coordinates :: I have not been in that region. :: Gives the padd back ::
mimipavilion: ::is a bit worried about Nijil and the rest of the parents::
Annisha: @ Kushana> While I don't mind relaxing, I would like to formulate some plan for our return?
Johnson Kenyon: ::looks at Tarisa:: Glad you're here, Commander. If you want this seat, let me know.
Theobald Dumont: ::looking for concentrations of xenon, fluorine, etc...::
Fletcher Jackson: @ Brubaker> Of course.
Tae'Lynn Dran: Yes, true. Is the nebula in a state of expansion or contraction?
Nijil tr'Korjata: +CnC+ Nei'rrh to Aegis, permission to depart?
Tarisa: :;Shakes head.:: I can do my job from this console, thank you.
Chirakis: ::nods to Jylliene::
Chirakis: Action> Nei'rrh departs.
Jylliene: l+neirrh+ Launch when ready. Vector sent.
mimipavilion: ::moves near an inactive mission console::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: taps a command or two, turns the engineering status display on for Kenyon :: Au are the engineer for this mission.
Theobald Dumont: Hmm... It is... blue.
Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\=
Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\=
Chirakis: 1/11/19
Chirakis: Thank you.
Chirakis: Well done, all..
Chirakis: Since the Argos II was only 2 days out in their 4 day journey to Aegis, it will take 2 days for the Nei'rrh to arrive in the search area.
Chirakis: Therefore, TBS will be 2 days.
Chirakis: Commander Coleridge, anything for the crew?
Scott Coleridge: No
Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew?
Theobald Dumont: What is IFAK & (w)?
Tarisa: (w) means whisper.
Chirakis: Individual First Aid Kit. All military and LE carry them.
Theobald Dumont: LE?
Chirakis: Law Enforcement.
Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.