Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chirakis

Sky Harbor Aegis | 30 November 2018

=/\= Aegis Mission Brief 11/30/18 =/\=
1 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.122

TBS is 4 hours. The time is 1200 hours (12:00 PM) Aegis local.
The Station settles down to Aegis normal.
Dr Pavilion and Ens Dran continue working on the cosmic ray suits.
Dr Sandero's analysis has been passed on to Commander Coleridge.
Captain Chirakis reported her findings to Commander Coleridge.
Captain Ramson is still held hostage by Starfleet Command.

Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\=
Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\=

Kallah Ramson: ::still locked away in her office::
Jylliene: ::CnC, Ops::
Johnson Kenyon: ::at a console in Main engineering, yawns::
Tarisa: ::On the CnC, still looking over the potential sensor upgrades.::
Dacia Sandero: ::in Sickbay::
Fletcher Jackson: ::wipes the donut from his face and settles in at the Aux OPS console::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::in the medical lab:: I've got the latest batch of results.
mimipavilion: ::still working on the cosmic ray suit::
Johnson Kenyon: ::noticing the time... saves his work and heads to the TL::
Alexis McFarland: @ ::playing with Annisha and Miana::
Scott Coleridge: ::arrives on the CnC after a meeting::
mimipavilion: ::turns to Dran:: Ok let's have a look
Chirakis: :::steps out of the command lift and pauses for threat assessment before stepping into CnC::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::give to padd to the doctor::
Theo: ::walking down the corridor to the lab::
Annisha: @ :: Not so much playing, as peeling space potatoes ::
mimipavilion: ::takes the PADD::
Johnson Kenyon: ::entering TL, to computer:: Commerce Deck::
Annisha: @ Grams said we need to peel all of these for dinner. :: peels ::
Jylliene: ::nods to Chirakis::
Alexis McFarland: @ ::watches Annisha peel space potatoes::
Tarisa: @ Miana> When are we going to see the town?
Alexis McFarland: @ I want space fries
Chirakis: ::polite nod:: Commander. ::Scott::
Chirakis: ::and to Cdr Kital::
Scott Coleridge: Captain. ::still working through and processing everything he heard earlier in the day::
mimipavilion: ::gets up and walks around a bit, ends up standing in the door threshold of the sensor room of the lab::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Eating a sandwich in engineering ::
Chirakis: Commander Cayne, anything new we should know about?
Johnson Kenyon: ::arriving at the Commerce Deck, heading to Drankums::
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Drinking a hot chocolate beverage ::
Chirakis: ::steps to her personal console:::
Theo: ::Pavilion:: Oh, pardon me ::enters the lab::
Chirakis: ::and notes that the captain is still held hostage::
Jylliene: ::listening while she works::
Alexis McFarland: @ ::picks up a potato and peels it with a laser peeler::
Tarisa: ::In thought a moment about the data. She looks up at Scott.:: Commander, if you have a moment, I could use your professional advice.
Johnson Kenyon: ::sitting down at the bar, ordering some lunch::
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Shakes head :: No ma'am. Aegis local is clear of unexpected traffic.
mimipavilion: ::sees the new face:: Can I help you? ::still standing in the lab's sensor room threshold::
Chirakis: ::nod:: Thank you.
Chirakis: Long range?
Chirakis: ::checking data at her console:::
Annisha: @ They are not exactly fried, but sure.
Theo: ::Pavilion:: I was looking for an officer Dran, I'm the new science assistant.
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Nothing there either, even at the dot.
Alexis McFarland: @Baked potato?
Scott Coleridge: ::comes up to Tarisa's station:: How can I help?
Chirakis: ::she looks up:: Interesting.
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::running the test results through computer for pattern recognition::
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Always the chance some species is using a cloak we can't penetrate.
Jylliene: ::continues scanning through reports::
Fletcher Jackson: ::glad the commander is back at OPS 'cause he was way overloaded:::
Tarisa: I was looking over the data for the sensor upgrades. They seem sound, but I was wondering about possible power issues.
mimipavilion: Oh hello, I'm Dr. Pavilion the station's CMO. Ensign Dran is sitting at that console, considering we're doing experiments on a suit .
Chirakis: ::after checking for messages she blanks the screen and begins her normal pace around CnC:::
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Looking over the live feed of power, station was using about 1% above normal ::
Theo: ::Pavilion:: Excellent ::clears throat:: Ma'am...
Annisha: @ :: shrugs :: I don't know, some kind of space oven for space potatoes.
Fletcher Jackson: ::and it's back to crazy normal, fielding internal problems and sending them to the appropriate places... he hopes:::
Scott Coleridge: These are them right here? ::looks at the schematics:: Hmm
Alexis McFarland: @Po-tay-to.
mimipavilion: ::smiles:: Ensign Dran I would like to introduce you to your... our new colleague.
Tarisa: @ Miana> Space oven? :;Curious look.::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::turns from the console:: Oh? Oh, hello.
Tarisa: I am worried there might be a strain on power relays.
Theo: ::Dran:: A pleasure to meet you.
Chirakis: ::stopping occasionally to answer questions:::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::stands and walked to Theo:: Nice to meet you too.
Scott Coleridge: ::ponders:: I can see why.
Tae'Lynn Dran: Have you already checked in with Commander Tarisa?
Scott Coleridge: Are the tertiary and quaternary linkages to the subspace field processors absolutely necessary?
Theo: :: notices the pointed ears:: ::smiles:: ::Dran:: why yes and Cmdr Coleridge also inthe CnC.
mimipavilion: ::to Dran:: These results are interesting.
Alexis McFarland: @It's an over in space.
Jylliene: ::considers the backups of backups of backups of SF systems::
Alexis McFarland: oven
Fletcher Jackson: ::begins to hum while he works::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Good. What science branch is your focus?
Theo: Planetary Science
Tarisa: I am unsure. These are the specs provided by the Dahlem.
Nijil tr'Korjata: :: Sending an assignment to Kenyon... re: Kenyon, Don't get up from eating, but I am trying to trace down the increased average power usage. Could be one issue or a bunch of smaller ones. No rush. ::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Oh good. Though we could really use a subspace expert right about now.
Theo: ::removes himself to the other side of the room politely::
Chirakis: ::passing by OPS, she hears a quiet humming sound and tracks it to Jackson:::
Johnson Kenyon: ::sending back message.... I'll finish up and get back to it in a few::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::looks over to the doctor:: The computer is coming up with nothing on these scans so far.
Scott Coleridge: Hmm. They might have overestimated our power capacity.
Fletcher Jackson: ::unaware, just humming while he works:::
Theo: ::leans on a console taking in the whole room::
mimipavilion: ::sighs:: 4 to 5 hours of testing and we have yielded very little on the suit
Scott Coleridge: We could add capacitors here … and here … that would help us compensate in event of an unexpected drain. ::tilts his head:: Hmm.
Jylliene: ::subconsciously starts tapping the page-down buttons on her console to the beat of whatever it is Jackson is humming::
Tarisa: ::Watching Scott work, curiously.::
Fletcher Jackson: ::bouncing subtly to the tune:::
Theo: ::approaches the CMO:: Have you tried a chemical analysis?
Scott Coleridge: ((We need to implement sugar rationing for Jackson))
Tae'Lynn Dran: We know it's using cosmic rays to effect subspace. How? Why? ::shakes her head::
Johnson Kenyon: ::finishing his meal, stands and heads out of Drankums::
Alexis McFarland: @ ::tosses a peeled potato into a large bowl and picks up another one::
mimipavilion: ::Theo:: This suit deals with cosmic rays and subspace.
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Looks over the station security list ::
Fletcher Jackson: :::but it's a nice hum:::
Tarisa: @ Miana> ::Eyes the flying potato briefly.::
Chirakis: ::since he is not bothering anyone - or at least it appears that he is not - she ignores it and moves on:::
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ Sir, where should we start looking for this power consumption?
Scott Coleridge: I'm not sure why they did that … except maybe they think our array configuration is too inefficient. Which is true, from their point of view … but this is a station, not a ship. ::adjusts a few more things::
Tarisa: ::Nods.::
Theo: ::Dran, Pavilion:: Cosmic rays are high energy proton particles.
Johnson Kenyon: (sort of depends on that... Cosmic rays are ionizing radiation coming from the cosmos... mostly gamma rays I would think)
Chirakis: (It was not specified by the Dahlem, so they could be any kind of rays.)
Tae'Lynn Dran: Cosmic rays, one of the first dangers most space faring species have to deal with. The new species we just met seems to be highly advanced yet really worried about them.
Jylliene: ::sends a brief query about one order. The florist. It's always the florist.::
mimipavilion: ::nods:: And we just ran a battery of tests trying to figure out why and how it works.
Scott Coleridge: They're certainly ambitious with their suggestions. I think a few of these changes are beyond the scope of what we want to do, at least without a more thorough upgrade of the support systems.
Nijil tr'Korjata: +Kenyon+ Start with the largest sources of power no central to the station, the fusion reactors.
Chirakis: ::moves back to her console while listening to the conversation at science:::
Jylliene: ::Hopes for an answer that makes sense without needing to send anyone for in-person questions::
Scott Coleridge: But these tweaks should mitigate any power drains.
Theo: ::Pavilion:: I definitely should brush up on my subspace mechanics. What a conundrum Doctor.
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ Don't the fusion reactors provide power? Wouldn't there be a drop in power output than an increase in power usage?
mimipavilion: ::nods::
Tarisa: These upgrades seem more plausible now.
Tae'Lynn Dran: I think I'm going with the theory they use the created subspace as a beacon for the subject during transport.
Tae'Lynn Dran: Because really, I can't find a single use for what that thing is doing other than, oh just doing what it's doing. ::shrug::
Chirakis: ::stops paging through to read a message from SI-5:::
mimipavilion: And all tests were pretty much inconclusive.
Johnson Kenyon: ::heading to the TL, listening for Nijil to respond::
Annisha: @ :: Finished the potatoes ::
Theo: ::Dran:: I see, have you tried to bombard the suit with a mini artificially generated cosmic ray?
Alexis McFarland: @ ::finishes as well:: Yay
Johnson Kenyon: ::to computer:: Main Engineering
Tarisa: @ Miana> Yay Done!
Scott Coleridge: Perhaps we need to consider upgrading our reactors while we're at it.
Tae'Lynn Dran: Yes, with a wide range of exposure lengths.
Chirakis: ::frowns as she reads:::
Theo: Hmm... puzzling, and no activation/reaction?
Alexis McFarland: @Hehehe. ::sits by Miana::
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::hands Theo a padd:: It's producing these subspace fields.
Nijil tr'Korjata: +Kenyon+ Well, their output is increased to accommodate the power requirements the station is asking. Could be something out of specification.
Johnson Kenyon: ::hearing no response from Nijil, decides he'd better run a power consumption algorithm to see what's using the most power compared to previous times::
Tarisa: That would help facilitate future upgrades.
Theo: ::reads the padd with a surprised look::
Fletcher Jackson: ::blinks, then turns to Commander Kital:: Ma'am, got a minute?
Jylliene: ::listens to the surrounding chatter while continuing her own mundane tasks::
Johnson Kenyon: ::listening to Nijil:: +Nijil+ I see, so you want me to check on the primary fusion reactor?
Jylliene: Hm? Yes. ::goes over to Jackson::
Tae'Lynn Dran: We first assumed the suits were simple shielding or very poor fashion sense.
Johnson Kenyon: ::rerouting the TL to the primary fusion reactor deck::
Scott Coleridge: ::Tarisa:: I'm intrigued by the upgrades. Hopefully they will help us better understand this strange conduit behaviour....
Nijil tr'Korjata: +Kenyon+ Right, start with the largest and go down.
Theo: I'm not qualified to give an answer regarding subspace, I'm no Engineer.
Scott Coleridge: Good work on integrating them, Commander.
Tarisa: Thank you.
Fletcher Jackson: I have this requisition for fifty bottles of hydroelectric acid from some place called the Foundry? Know anything about that?
Scott Coleridge: Make sure you consult with engineering before you bring the rest of the upgrades online, though. If there are increased power demands, they need to know about it. The last thing we need is them tearing out their hair, wondering why the fusion reactors aren't up to spec suddenly.
Fletcher Jackson: I mean, I've heard of hydrochloric acid, but not this one, and 50 bottles?
Jylliene: ...no. I do not. Did they say what they needed that for?
Tarisa: ::Nods.:: I will.
Fletcher Jackson: Doesn't say, ma'am. Send it back and ask? Tell them that we need more info?
Theo: ::Pavilion:: Perhaps there is someone aboard Aegis who could reverse engineer the material the suit is composed of?
Jylliene: Exactly.
Chirakis: ::sends a reply then blanks the screen:::
Johnson Kenyon: ::exiting the TL::
Fletcher Jackson: Yes, ma'am.
Tae'Lynn Dran: ::looks to the Doctor::
Chirakis: :::steps toward OPS:::
Annisha: @ :: Annisha's aunt comes into get the potatoes :: Aunt: Oh, I see au have peeled things like this before. I'll take them to your gram.
Chirakis: ::Jylliene:: The Foundry?
Jylliene: ::nods to Chirakis:: Have to admit, I'm not familiar with it.
Tarisa: If you excuse me, I will go check on our suit research.
Alexis McFarland: @ Potato
Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: The security list was long, but rather uneventful.
Fletcher Jackson: ::turns, having already sent it::: Me either, Captain.
Scott Coleridge: I was just about to ask for an update on that. Mind if I join you?
Johnson Kenyon: ::entering the large Fusion reactor control room::
Chirakis: ::nod:: I'll send someone to find out who that is.
mimipavilion: ::thinks:: I would want to say the engineering department.
Jylliene: ::nods:: Thank you, ma'am.
Tarisa: ::Nods, motioning to the TL.:: Please
Theo: ::Dran:: so this technology, where did you find it?
Chirakis: ::Jackson:: Send me a copy of the requisition.
Tae'Lynn Dran: The Dahlem, a new species we made contact with.
Fletcher Jackson: Yes, ma'am.
Chirakis: :::moves to her console:::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Completely alien technology.
Scott Coleridge: ::follows Tarisa into the TL::
Scott Coleridge: ::Chirakis:: I'm going to look in on our suit examination. You have the CnC.
Theo: Surely the suit has some kind of deflector considering cosmic rays have mass.
Johnson Kenyon: ::running a diagnostic of power input and output::
Chirakis: I have CnC. ::nods::
Tae'Lynn Dran: That's what we thought but it's not reflecting anything of the rays we've exposed it to.
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ I made it to the main fusion reactor control room on deck 41,sir.
Chirakis: ::sends a message to security to check it out:::
Tarisa: ::Takes the TL up. They soon arrive at sickbay.::
Alexis McFarland: @ ::plays with her PADD while dinner is cooking::
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ I want to check to see if you see the same things from your location
Theo: Curious... ::with a curious look::
Jylliene: ::to Jackson:: That should be an interesting conversation.
Tarisa: ::Walks into medlab with Scott.::
Jylliene: ::grins, heads back to main Ops::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Maybe the subspace field is a byproduct of how it eliminates the rays?
Chirakis: ::Cayne:: Have you ever heard of the Foundry?
Tae'Lynn Dran: We're just guessing though.
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ The Fusion reactor is operating at higher than normal output, and the secondary reactor operating at minimal power
Scott Coleridge: ::enters the medlab, notices two of their newer officers already hard at work::
Theo: ::thinks to himself, uh oh, the brass::
Fletcher Jackson: :::moves on to another requisition:::

Tae'Lynn Dran: Whatever it's doing seems needlessly complicated.
mimipavilion: ::looks rather drained::
Tarisa: How is the progress?
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ there is an increase in power consumption from the Sensors, but that seems normal
Theo: ::steps back, yes, a little ways back nervously::
Tae'Lynn Dran: Slow. Very slow. It's not giving up it's secrets easily.
Tarisa: ::Looking at the suit.:: Really?
mimipavilion: Inconclusive from a scientific standpoint, I believe, then again I'm a doctor not a physicist.
Tae'Lynn Dran: Do these subspace readings mean anything to you?
Tarisa: ::Looking at the findings so far.::
Scott Coleridge: ::perks up at the mention of subspace readings::
Scott Coleridge: ::leans over to take a look::
Chirakis: :::blanks her screen again and moves to the command station:::
Tae'Lynn Dran: We're getting these as a result of cosmic ray bursts we've subjected it to.
Tarisa: Have you tried putting the suit on?
Theo: ::all:: Perhaps this suit is on a "pace" far faster than we can detect? ::looks at Coleridge::
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ I am noticing one of the labs is using more power.... a significant spike
Nijil tr'Korjata: +Kenyon+ Sensors? Hmm... hope there is not a noise increase.
Scott Coleridge: My understanding from the away team report was that the suits served a protective function.
Scott Coleridge: But they were also somehow related to their transporter systems.
mimipavilion: ::nods::
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ Is the Science Department running some experiments without notifying us of their power consumption needs?
Tarisa: ::Nods:: The equipment and suits also responded to the user.
Scott Coleridge: Some kind of telepathic link up?
Nijil tr'Korjata: +Kenyon+ Well, they don't explicitly have to, but if there is a new default I need to tweak the settings accordingly
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ well, the power consumption in those experiments is significant, but not enough to account for the 1 percent by itself
Tae'Lynn Dran: I wouldn't recommend someone wearing one during testing.
Theo: ::Tarisa:: What if we were to put a piece of the material under a simple microscope?
Alexis McFarland: @::sniffs:: mm, smells yummy.
Tae'Lynn Dran: But we haven't done a test of a subject simply wearing the suits.
Tarisa: Not while exposing it to cosmic rays. But wear it while conducting scans. It might reveal something.
mimipavilion: I agree with the ensign. I would hate to lose a crew member.
Johnson Kenyon: +Nijil+ I've got an idea... running a power consumption algorithm
Scott Coleridge: A materials analysis would be useful. Then perhaps a fashion show. ::smirk::
Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Agreed
mimipavilion: ::tempted to slug Scott in the arm::
Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\=
Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\=
Chirakis: 11/30/18
Chirakis: Thank you.  TBS is zero.
Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.