Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cdr Miranda Hawthorne

USS Excalibur Sim Log - 11.18.18

MISSION BRIEF: The Excalibur is en route, responding to a distress call from a Kaedwani freighter on the border of Confederation and Tamaran space.

 

Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM

Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM

Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM

 

Cptn Swain: ::on the bridge, furrowed brow::

William Chocox: ::is down in engineering monitoring systems from Engineering::

Hunter Matheson: :::manning helm, keeping even, steady progress toward the call::

Indaura Ryssan: :: Getting things ready for the distress call ::

Cptn Swain: Augustin> ::at tactical, also furrowing his brow:: Still nothing on screens.

Hunter Matheson: ::just focused, watching everything to be sure there aren't any glitches:::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Though grumpy that her workout had been interrupted, the alert was more important than her exercise time. Miranda had changed and strode onto the bridge to take her seat.::

Maryse Dubois: ::In sickbay, making sure the staff is preparing.::

Irene Mincine: :: Irene 'volunteered' for a bridge shift and followed Miranda onto the bridge, taking the auxiliary science station. ::

William Chocox: +Bridge+ Bridge, Engineering here. Do we have any idea what to expect?

Cptn Swain: ::Glances over:: We still don't have any signs of the freighter on sensors. We should be arriving at the coordinates soon.

Cptn Swain: Augustin> ::still frowning:: +Engineering+ Nothing yet. The signal came from a Kaedwani freighter and seemed to be under attack. We've had no further contact.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Frowns and leans forward in her seat.:: Long range sensors? Nothing?

William Chocox: +Augustin+ Got it.

Hunter Matheson: Approaching coordinates in ten, Captain.

Hunter Matheson: ::listening closely to TAC:::

Cptn Swain: ::Looks over to Miranda:: It's very strange. Nothing on sensors at all.

Hunter Matheson: Coordinates in five, sir.

Indaura Ryssan: :: to Dubois :: Do we know anything yet?

Irene Mincine: :: Irene quietly awaited orders during this obviously delicate situation, watching the others work. ::

Maryse Dubois: ::Shakes head.:: Just that it was a distress call from a freighter.

Hunter Matheson: ::prepared for just about anything, since nothing is showing on sensors:: (w) Tork, stay frosty.

Hunter Matheson: ::checking evasive maneuvers and a bunch of other things::

Cptn Swain: Take us to impulse.

Hunter Matheson: Full impulse, aye.

Cptn Swain: ACTION> Sensors do show a debris field, several thousand klicks form where the distress signal was sent, but it appears to have been there for several hours at least.

Hunter Matheson: Debris field ahead. Permission to go half impulse.

Cptn Swain: ::Nods::

Hunter Matheson: Going to half impulse.

Cptn Swain: Irene?

Irene Mincine: :: Fiddling with her console. :: "The debris field's been there a while, sir. Couple of hours. It's far older than the distress call."

Cptn Swain: That's interesting.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Miranda stood to get closer to the main viewer, pulling up even with the tactical station. She glanced briefly at the TAC sensor readings, still frowning.::

Cptn Swain: What is the debris from?

William Chocox: ::monitors power levels::

Irene Mincine: "Debris field make-up and mass is consistent with a freighter or vessel of similar size." :: Irene turns and gives a sour look to the captain. :: "Energy readings are consistent with what we know of Kaedwani technology, sir."

Indaura Ryssan: :: Waiting in relative silence ::

Cptn Swain: ::Stands looking at Miranda for a moment:: Put it on screen.

Maryse Dubois: I wonder what is taking so long. ::Checks on a console.::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She tapped a sequence on one side of the TAC console to magnify the debris field.::

Cptn Swain: Calculate the distance from the debris field to where the original signal was sent.

Cptn Swain: Augustin> ::frowning::

Indaura Ryssan: :: Awaits her finding ::

Cptn Swain: Lu'an> ::the acting operations officer sent down status updates to medical and engineering, informing them of the situation::

Maryse Dubois: Seems we have a bit of a mystery on our hands.

Cptn Swain: Bring us in closer Hunter.

Hunter Matheson: Aye, sir. Coming to 35,000 km.

Hunter Matheson: ::figuring that should be a safe distance:::

Indaura Ryssan: Great..

Irene Mincine: :: Irene taps on her console, inlaying a diagram of the local area on the main viewer. :: "The debris field is here, and the distress signal originated from... there, sir."

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: But why the difference in time between the distress call and the age of the debris field? Was the signal delayed when it reached us? ::Musing aloud.::

Cptn Swain: Good question.

Cptn Swain: Begin a full spectral scan. I suppose we should bring some of the debris aboard. Odd that the Kaedwani haven't arrived yet. Or even the Tamarans.

Cptn Swain: ACTION> As Excalibur moves in closer there is a brief distortion on sensors, a glitch perhaps? Then, suddenly in front of us appear a Kaedwani cruiser and a Tamaran galleon near the debris field. Their weapons are armed and pointed at each other.

Hunter Matheson: Oh, sh....

Hunter Matheson: There's your answer, sir.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: What in the blazes?! Red alert! ::Eyes wide.::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Where did they come from?

William Chocox: ::looks up at the lights:: +Bridge+ Something interesting happen?

Cptn Swain: Augustin> ::brings us to Red Alert, shrugs at Miranda:: They weren't there a few second ago.

Cptn Swain: Lu'an> Sir, they're hailing.

Irene Mincine: "It's also possible the signal could have been jammed at the source and re-transmitted by the culprits..." :: Irene begins a full scan, which is quickly overloaded by the two cruisers in front of us! :: "Whoa! Unknown, sir. I picked up some kind of spatial distortion just before they appeared..."

Cptn Swain: ::Glances to Irene, but nods:: Put them through.

Cptn Swain: +Vessels+ This is Captain Asher Swain of the USS Excalibur and...

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She strode over to Irene's station and peered over her shoulder.:: What sort of distortion?

Hunter Matheson: Space and time bend, ma'am. Could cause a distortion, but they're usually small, not... big.

Cptn Swain: Gael Tor> +Excalibur+ This is Captain-General Gael Tor of the Tamaran Empire. We welcome your assistance. These... ::nearly spits:: fools are accusing us of attacking their freighter. We were merely responding to a distress call.

Irene Mincine: :: Irene fiddles with the scanner settings. :: "I'm not sure, Commander. It was only there for a moment before the two ships appeared. Not long enough to get any concrete reading."

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Kaedwani cruiser> +Excalibur+ Who are you?! What are you doing in this sector? If you are allies of the Tamaran empire, you will be dealt with accordingly.

Hunter Matheson: ::considers the present detected area of the distortion, plots an exit vector or two, especially one that will stay away from those two gunslingers::

Cptn Swain: +Both+ ::It was going to be one of those days:: We are here to render aid.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Kaedwani cruiser> Aid to whom? The Tamaran?!

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: +Excalibur+

Cptn Swain: Gael Tor> +all+ As were we!

Cptn Swain: +KC+ We received a distress signal from one of your vessels. We are returning from a trade mission on Miraxis IV.

Irene Mincine: :: Irene keeps trying to scan the distortion, though according to her console the two ships' warp emissions are making it pretty difficult to crank the sensitivity of the sensors up. She frowns to Miranda. :: "That's all I've got for now, sir."

Cptn Swain: Hunter bring us about but keep our approach friendly.

Hunter Matheson: Coming about, aye.

Indaura Ryssan: Do they need us?

Hunter Matheson: Remaining at half impulse. Where exactly should I aim, sir? Between ships?

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She bit her lip.:: Mmmm... that could literally be anything. From a sensor glitch to a cloaking field. Though I've never seen one that wasn't attached to a vessel. Something new, perhaps?

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Kaedwani cruiser> +Excalibur+ You lie! We have not sent nor received any sort of distress signal.

Hunter Matheson: Coming to one quarter impulse.

Cptn Swain: Pull up the distress signal.

Irene Mincine: :: Nod. :: "That's the best the sensors can do at the moment... I can have the computer crunch on it and see if it matches anything we've seen before in the database."

Cptn Swain: Augustin> ::lowly:: The debris has drifted into Tamaran space...

Hunter Matheson: Holding steady at 20,000 km, within transport distance.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She nodded.:: Let me know if anything else blips.

Cptn Swain: ACTION> Sensors detect what appears to be a brief neutrino surge off Excalibur's port bow.

Irene Mincine: "Will do-- wait..." :: Irene focuses the ship's sensors on the port bow. :: "Neutrino surge, sir. I think we've seen that one before."

Hunter Matheson: Uh.. oh...

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Kaedwani cruiser> ::Their drives powered up and they moved quickly toward the debris field to claim it, ignoring the fact that it was in Tamaran territory.::

Cptn Swain: Gaul Tor> +Open+ Kaedwani vessel cease at once. You are violating Tamaran space...

Cptn Swain: ACTION> The Tamaran vessel targets the Kaedwani.

Cptn Swain: ::Frowns:: Bring us about...

Hunter Matheson: Coming about...

Cptn Swain: +Both+ Excuse me, but let’s all just take a very deep breath.

Hunter Matheson: Suggest going to 50,000 km, Captain.

Cptn Swain: ACTION> A Romulan vessel drops cloak immediately between both vessels.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Neutrino surge... that's a Romu... ::Trails off as one appears on the sensors. Miranda clenched her teeth.:: Great...

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Kaedwani cruiser> +All+ This is the debris of one of our vessels and it was destroyed by the Tamaran! We will have the evidence for a formal investigation!

Irene Mincine: :: Irene's attention drifts to the main viewer... ::

Cptn Swain: Shaelon> +All+ This is Commander tr'Shaelon of the Imperial warbird Lakin to Kaedwani vessel. Break off now and return to your borders. Federation I suggest you order your Tamaran dogs to do the same and the two of us should chat.

Cptn Swain: ::Nods:: Signal the Tamaran to move to a safe distance and to power down weapons. Hunter bring us alongside the Romulan ship.

Cptn Swain: And someone find me Issaha.

Hunter Matheson: Aye, aye, Captain. Coming about to two zero nine mark three....

Hunter Matheson: ::eases alongside the Romulan ship:: Position achieved. Going to station keeping.

Irene Mincine: :: Irene makes extra sure that there's no more Romulans around on the scanner. ::

Cptn Swain: Tamaran Vessel> ::begins moving away, powering down its weapons::

Cptn Swain: ::Waits for the Kaedwani to do the same.::

 

Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM

Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM

Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0