Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

  1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. = /\ = USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1034, STARDATE 51906.17 = /\ = Cadet Jack Ryan was found dead in his brig cell. After an autopsy by Doctor Chalice it was determined his death was the result of a suicide by hanging. However the report also noted questionable bruising in other areas of the body. Doctor Chalice ultimately closed her report and the true nature of his death shall remain hidden... for now. = /\ = END USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1034, STARDATE 51906.17 = /\ =
  4. SD 0616.2019 Excalibur is readying for an attempt to return to their own time using a rather unorthodox method: space lube, crafted from molecules of Irene's blood and reproduced by proto-horta microbes found on the planet they have been orbiting for several days as they made repairs. The USS Lysander is staying just in range, should anything go wrong that leaves us in this time period, but has moved to a safe distance.
  5. MISSION BRIEF: Final checks have been completed and work is proceeding to prepare for the slingshot, though Science has made a breakthrough and may be ready to present their space lube plan. Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Hunter Matheson: ::helm, waiting for go or no go:: Maryse Dubois: ::In the Medlab, ready to make a small sample test.:: Irene Mincine: :: Irene was back to normal, more or less, and was in the genetics lab working on finalizing the space lube plan that they had so far, waiting for the dreaded call from the bridge on when their time was up. :: Cptn Swain: ::On the bridge, having been brooding.:: William Chocox: ::down in Engineering:: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::After running and completing the necessary stress tests on the hull, and not at all thrilled with the results, Miranda left Chocox in charge and returned to the bridge to report to Swain.:: Cptn Swain: ::Bitting his lip:: +science+ Bridge to science William Chocox: ::tries not to let the power go to his head:: Irene Mincine: :: Irene sighed when the call came, putting down a PADD. :: "Genetics lab, Ensign Mincine, sir." Indaura Ryssan: Doctor, are we prepared for the slingshot, is that the term? Hunter Matheson: ::patting the console, singing her a soft tune::: Cptn Swain: +Irene+ Status report? Hunter Matheson: (afksas) William Chocox: ((Hello Hunter Matheson's player's cat.)) Irene Mincine: ::Irene went over a report on her console. :: +Swain+ "We've been able to produce some amount of temporal lubricant using the proto-Horta. Dr. Dubois is working on increasing production. I'm not sure if how much we have is enough, sir." Maryse Dubois: Are we ready? I don't think anyone is ready, but they are going to try anyways. ::Programs the replicator to make a small batch of goo.:: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She entered the bridge, striding to her normal sport, wearing the normal scowl. Hearing Swain's comm, she didn't interrupt.:: Cptn Swain: ::Biting his lip:: +Irene+ Do we have enough to attempt? Indaura Ryssan: I think I might get a drink Maryse Dubois: You might want something strong. Cptn Swain: ::He looked over to see Miranda:: Maryse Dubois: :;Checks the results, frowning a bit. She disposes of the container, makes adjustments and tries again.:: Hunter Matheson: ::pushes the cat off the helm console::: Irene Mincine: :: Irene tap tap tapped on her console. This was a very important decision, and she had to make it with confidence. Despite her Klingon exterior, inside she was in knots. :: +Swain+ "From my calculations of radiation output and mass of the ship, I believe we have enough at this time for an attempt, sir." William Chocox: ::calls over a random ensign:: Hey, see if you can get the EPS network to be a bit more efficient before we attempt anything crazy please. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She took her seat, one leg crossed over the other, brow arched in query.:: William Chocox: Random Ensign 42> Aye sir. Hunter Matheson: ::perks up at the word "attempt"::: Maryse Dubois: ::Got closer with the results, but she was still not satisfied. Makes a 3rd attempt after adjusting.:: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: The hull will hold... mostly. There are a few bulkheads that are suspect at this point, but it's the best we can given what we have. Cptn Swain: ::He bit his lip again:: Hunter Matheson: ::Listening and mentally calculating:: Cptn Swain: +Irene+ Then begin making the preparations. Indaura Ryssan: :: Goes to the replicator :: Denobulan Fizz, two shots. Cptn Swain: +Irene+ How long do you need? Hunter Matheson: ::turns to Hawthorn::: Ma'am... any idea of max tolerance on the hull? Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Attention swiveling to Hunter, she nodded.:: We have run the calculations, yes. Query to engineering to have them sent to your station. Hunter Matheson: Yes, ma'am.... Irene Mincine: :: Well, no going back now, Irene. :: +Swain+ "Yes, sir. Um... the procedure that we've come up with is to bombard a mass of the substance with tachyon radiation at a specific frequency. We've prepared all the equipment already, it needs to be transported to engineering. Only the warp core produces enough tachyon radiation." Hunter Matheson: +Engineering+ Matheson requesting you forward your calculations. Maryse Dubois: ::Checks the 3rd batch, and is very pleased. She saves the data, loads the goo into a sealed container and exits her lab.:: +Hakran+ Dubois to K'hal. I'm heading to you with a promising sample. Cptn Swain: ::He lifted a brow:: +Irene+ See to it. Let me know it's ready. William Chocox: +Matheson+ Would you like those sent to your console or your PADD? Hunter Matheson: +Cho+ Console. William Chocox: +Matheson+ Coming right at you. ::sends them up:: Hunter Matheson: +Cho+ Received. Irene Mincine: +Swain+ "Yes, sir. We'll get it set up as soon as possible." :: Irene began wrangling other science staff to collect all the equipment and begin moving their setup toward engineering. :: Maryse Dubois: ::Arrives in the genetic lab with her container of goo. Sees Irene.:: I need a second opinion before I have the replicator mass produce this stuff. Hunter Matheson: ::scanning through the information, calculating, his eyes scan the console, then he's back to the information::: Irene Mincine: "Damn, I'm important today!" :: She handed a sealed container to an anonymous ensign, who scurried off with it, then waved Maryse over to a console and some test equipment. :: "Sure, set it here and I'll verify its properties against the control." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: +Chocox+ Chocox, prepare to be invaded by science. They need to borrow tachyons from the warp core for their time travel experiment. Maryse Dubois: ::Places the container.:: William Chocox: +Hawthorne+ Thank you for the heads up. I'll make sure to put out the red carpet. Indaura Ryssan: :: Drinks :: Hunter Matheson: ::makes a few adjustments to his original configuration stats and says to Tork as he continues to work the console::: Okay. I'm going to need you big time, and I need you to focus. And I mean serious focus. Irene Mincine: :: Irene takes a sample from the container and puts it into some equipment on the console. :: "OK. Mass... composition... genetic component..." :: Science personnel began showing up in engineering and setting up their radiation bombardment equipment in an open space near the warp core. Hunter Matheson: Tork> ::perks up, nodding::: Hunter Matheson: Settings are one through five, beginning here. ::points::: Keep your hands *down* until I tell you to press one, and when I tell you the number, you press it immediately. Got it? Hunter Matheson: Tork> Got it. Hunter Matheson: So what are these buttons? Hunter Matheson: Tork> Settings one through five. Cptn Swain: ::Miranda, lowly:: Do you think I am doing the right thing? Hunter Matheson: And what are you going to do? Hunter Matheson: Tork> Keep my hands down until you give me a number and I press it immediately. Hunter Matheson: ::he eyes Tork a moment, then nods and goes back to work::: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She nodded, throwing him a look.:: It is a risk, either way. I would have made the same decision. Irene Mincine: "Critical measurements are within 0.005% of the original stuff." :: She hrmed. :: "It can be improved but what's there should be good enough..." :: She shrugged. :: "Of course we don't know what the hell we're doing." Cptn Swain: ::He nodded:: I hope its the right decision. Cptn Swain: ACTION> Message from the Lysander indicating they're going to move further out in prep for us. Hunter Matheson: ::swivels:: Helm is ready for deploy, Commander. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She gave Matheson a nod.:: Very well. Maryse Dubois: ::Nods.:: We can give the green light on mass production then. I'll send the spec to Engineering. +Chocox+ Dubois to Engineering. Mr. Chocox, I'm sending you the specs for the...time goop. We'll need the industrial replicators to begin production ASAP. Maryse Dubois: ::Sends William the specs.:: Irene Mincine: "OK. Sounds good, I need to get to engineering to make sure everything down there's set up." :: Irene said to Maryse while running out of the room carrying another sealed container. :: William Chocox: ::receives the specs and starts programming:: +Dubois+ Received and started. Indaura Ryssan: :: Blinks :: Maryse Dubois: Good luck. ::Leaves the lab herself, heading back towards sickbay.:: +Chocox+ Thank you. Cptn Swain: ::He bit his lip again:: Indaura Ryssan: :: Getting people ready in case the experience is rough :: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She touched Swain's arm.:: Stop worrying. It won't do any good. It'll work, or it won't. Irene Mincine: :: Irene arrived in Engineering and consulted with all her science geeks, bypassing Chocox. :: +Swain+ "Ensign Mincine to Bridge. The science guys say that the equipment's set up for our... well, our large-scale experiment. The substance has arrived with me." Cptn Swain: +Irene+ Understood. Hunter Matheson: ::relaxes in the helm chair, staring at her hull:::: Cptn Swain: ...and... Hunter Matheson: ::mutters:: You can do this, girl. We can do it. Piece o' cake. Irene Mincine: :: Irene set the canister down in the target area and slid over to the control panel on what looked like a big-ass laser gun on a tripod. :: +Swain+ "On your command, sir." Hunter Matheson: ;;:prepares:: Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM
  6. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 6/14/19 - 10:05 PM=/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 4 hours. The time is 1300 hours (1:00 PM) Aegis local. Aegean is investigating Nebula 259b and its wave generation. The ship trailing Aegean spotted a large alien vessel prowling the nebula. On Aegis, security is busy with the gremlin and the syndicate leader, Crow. Families that have been living down below are given new quarters. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Jylliene: ::Ops, CnC:: Dacia Sandero: @::on Aegean's bridge:: mimipavilion: :back up in medical:: Fletcher Jackson: ::CnC::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::on Aegean bridge:: Scott Coleridge: @:: on bridge:: Lt. Dran, have you collected enough data from this round of probes? Chirakis: ::enters CnC from security and pauses for threat assessment::: Fletcher Jackson: ::monitoring ships as they come and go::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ I believe so. Chirakis: ::steps in::: Commander Kital, report. Jylliene: ::nods to Chirakis:: Alexis McFarland: ::in school with her friends:: Chirakis: ::minimally returns the nod:: Jylliene: Situation normal. Families are settling in to new quarters as we speak. Jylliene: Nothing from Aegean as of yet. Chirakis: ::she nods:: Commander Cayne, reports from Fleet Security? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: At his post :: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Working on the Aegean engineering deck :: Chirakis: ::she moves to her console and pulls up the latest from her end::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::looking over the wave patterns:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Fleet security is in the green. Not a lot of activity. Dacia Sandero: @::still monitoring rad levels from her terminal:: Scott Coleridge: @ what's the status of your strangelet theory? Chirakis: ::without looking up:: Excellent. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Still just a theory. There's something in the star but I can't confirm what just yet. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ ::Watching the shields carefully :: Scott Coleridge: @ What would you propose we do next for our investigation? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ I am trying to work on the safest method to confirm this. Does little good to do so and just unleash a stellar plague into the galaxy. Chirakis: ::paging through the latest information from October, a few things catch her attention, she makes a mental note, then blanks her screen::: Jylliene: ::ponders:: Jylliene: ::does some quick mental math, nods, resumes her work:: Chirakis: ::she steps away from her console and wanders toward Jylliene, speaking quietly without looking at her ::: You seem pensive, Commander. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Nothing from the Aegean as of yet. Chirakis: ::Cayne:: Very well. Chirakis: ::Cayne:: Anything of note in that area of space? Cdr Wyatt Cayne: Other than the mission objective they would have passed by a seven planet system with one class M world. Jylliene: Be concerned if ever Nijil is on an away mission and I am not pensive. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ We should get closer if possible. Of course the best places to study are the worst for the dampening effect to take hold. Scott Coleridge: @ I'm willing to take us in slightly closer, but very gradually Dacia Sandero: @ :::nods:: Should be okay if we take it slow. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Well, that would be the safest. Chirakis: ::after a slight turn, she nods to Jyl:: Of course. Are you able to fulfill your duties? Scott Coleridge: @ Helm, bring us to within 0.2 AU, but at one quarter impulse. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::readies the systems for another round and scans:: Chirakis: ::takes note of the "one class M world"::: Jylliene: I am. I will let you know if it were to interfere at some point. Tarisa: ::Steps onto the CnC, heading for her console.:: Chirakis: ::Jyl:: Very well. Alexis McFarland: ::probably having lunch or something:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> :: Actually having lunch,... another sandwich... more like breakfast, sandwich, and late dinner :: Alexis McFarland: ::eating a Blubby Wrap:: mimipavilion: ::leaves her office and checks throughout medical:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ +Bridge+ Shields are holding, as well as other systems. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::beginning next phase of scans:: Scott Coleridge: @ Ens. Kel: 0.2AU, aye Tarisa: Miana> ::Happily eating with Alexis and Annisha.:: Yummy! Dacia Sandero: @Rad levels are still good Alexis McFarland: Mm. Scott Coleridge: @ +Nijil+ Confirmed, thank you. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: No news from the ship, which is neither here nor there. Scott Coleridge: @ Let's see if this star has any other surprises for us Chirakis: ::upon completing her rounds, she stops at Cayne's console:: Agreed. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> So...:: munches :: what's new with au two? :: munches and smiles :: Alexis McFarland: I think my parents are going to be assigned here. So that's good. Tarisa: Miana> :;Shrugs:: Oh. :;Remembers.:: Have you seen the new kids in school? Tarisa: Miana> ::Smiles:: Yay! Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Easy pickings... I mean yes, I've heard of them. Alexis McFarland: ::Drinks her drink:: Yes, those boys. But they're older and in a different class aren't they? Chirakis: % Lt Hill> :aboard Shuttle Regulus:: Commander. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Watching the location of the waves against a large background, the Aegean a small icon in the middle :: Chirakis: % LtCdr Dayson> ::steps toward Hill and takes a headset::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ The anomalies seem to be between zones of the star's interior. They may be held in place by convection currents between the core and outer layers. Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: But there are more than them. Quite a few more. Chirakis: % Dayson> ::as he listens:: Ens Brady, go dark. Alexis McFarland: Ooh, yes. Quite a few. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: I have never seen so many probes leave our stores, I can only imagine what an enemy of ours would think if they saw their cargo bay. Tarisa: Miana> I have not seen all of them, but I can kind of smell them when I walk through the halls. Chirakis: % Brady> Aye, sir. Going dark. ::shuts down everything::: Dacia Sandero: @ :::checks her console:: Alexis McFarland: I hope they're taking baths. Chirakis: % Dayson> ::still listening::: Tarisa: Miana> I do not smell them like that. ::Makes a weird face.:: Alexis McFarland: ::giggles:: Oh, okay. Scott Coleridge: @ Any indication yet if the anomalies are natural or artificial? Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Glad I don't have super smell, no offense Miana. Alexis McFarland: ::pets Miana:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ No, but I think it's time to find out for sure. Readying the stellar core probe. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> Whose week is it to keep Miana? :: smirks with a smile :: Tarisa: Miana> ::Giggles.:: I heard Vulcans have a strong sense of smell, but they can not detect distinct things like we can. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::inputting probe flight path:: Chirakis: % Brady> ::writes on a padd:: "the star will black them out" Alexis McFarland: I can agree to that. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Sees a probe come online, watching the comm signals :: Tarisa: Miana> :;Blinks.:: Chirakis: % Hill> ::thumbs up, affirmative::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Going to fire a partner probe as well to monitor from the edge of the star's surface. Alexis McFarland: ::smiles:: Well, I'll be her neighbour soon so... Tarisa: Miana> Yay! Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::double checks:: Probes are ready. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: to NOIP :: Oh Jylliene, look at what au are missing... Dacia Sandero: @ ::looks out at the viewscreen:: Johnson Kenyon: ::checking through lists to see if any sensors have recorded additional gremlin intrusions:: mimipavilion: ::finishes her rounds, leaves medical again, with Mallard in charge; and heads back up to CnC:: Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> We Rihans have strong emotions... we don't place them on a shelf like they do, meaning we are funnier. mimipavilion: ::arrives on the CnC and stays out of the way:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Primary probe launching. Tarisa: Miana> ::Giggles:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Launch confirmed. Launching second. Chirakis: ::notes Mimi's entrance::: Doctor. Alexis McFarland: That's true, Vulcans don't make good jokes Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Launch confirmed. Both probes on course. mimipavilion: Captain. Dacia Sandero: @ ::watches the probes:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: To anyone around him :: I would be better if we could get real time sensor data from them, but they are on a silent op. Johnson Kenyon: ::pulling up the work logs, checking to see if there are more glitches:: Scott Coleridge: @ Waiting:: Chirakis: :::she steps in Mimi's direction:: Any word on our young friends from below? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Primary probe metaphasic shields activated. Entering the star now. Fletcher Jackson: :::still shuttling ships back and forth, reaches for his coffee and it's.... gone!!!:::gasp::: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Second probe maintaining lock on primary. mimipavilion: ::shakes her head:: No ma'am. Chirakis: So.. neither pro nor con. Interesting. I would think that they would have some kind of reaction. Chirakis: Or.. it could be too much of a shock. mimipavilion: It could be ma'am. Fletcher Jackson: ::with a sigh, he stands with his empty cup and looks to Jyl::: Coffee, ma'am? Johnson Kenyon: ::checking in with Lt Little... asking him the work priority:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Interesting convection pattern. More than just rise and fall. Something is causing them to spiral as well. Well, that's something new. Chirakis: Or...it could be that they are shocked about going to school. ::smirk:: mimipavilion: I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing a little recon of their new surroundings. ::side nod and smiles:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Switches consoles to get to a larger screen :: Chirakis: % LtCdr Dayson> We're clear. Keep a tight watch on that. Go to yellow. Chirakis: % Brady> Going yellow, aye. Jylliene: ::nods to Jackson:: Please. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Not sure if the anomalies are causing that or being caused by this pattern. ::jotting down notes in her journal:: Fletcher Jackson: ::takes her cup:: Donut? Jylliene: That would also be appreciated Fletcher Jackson: ::moves toward the stand and begins to fill her cup, then finds her favorite donut and returns::: Johnson Kenyon: +Security+ Lt Johnson to Security Fletcher Jackson: Here ya go, ma'am. Fresh. Or at least they smell fresh. ::puts her mug next to her:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Stomach rumbling. Nijil did not know the time, so much work :: Jylliene: Thank you ::smile:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Anomalies coming into range now. Chirakis: Garand> +Jackson+ Security here. Go ahead. Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Would you mind if I spent a little time with our guest to see if I can communicate with it? Fletcher Jackson: Any time, ma'am. :::takes his own and settles in:: Chirakis: Garand> ::long pause:: Jylliene: ::needs to get something for Jackson some time as thanks:: Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Report to Security and we'll discuss it. Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Realizes he needs to visit those kids at some point. They either looked up to him, a bit of a fan club...or was it old-man pity? Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Aye sir. On my way Johnson Kenyon: ::leaving Main Engineering, headed for security:: Fletcher Jackson: (A super-sized jelly donut with sprinkles) Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> :: Continues to eat :: Jylliene: (sounds good to me!) Alexis McFarland: ::eating her jello:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Oh, here comes the data. Chirakis: ::Cayne::: Check on the Ghost Squad, Commander. I will take TAC. Johnson Kenyon: ::in the TL:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Nods:: I need the walk. :: Heads to the CnC lift :: Chirakis: % Dayson> +low frequency+ Sun Show, Prowlers. Johnson Kenyon: ::arriving in Security:: Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Leans against the wall as the lift continues :: Chirakis: Garand> ::turns, having waited for Kenyon:: Ensign Kenyon? Chirakis: 10:58 PM Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Exits on their level :: Johnson Kenyon: ::frowns, pointing to his second pip:: Lieutenant J.G Chirakis: Garand> Well, ::extends a hand:: Congratulations. Chirakis: Garand> Are you a linguist? Johnson Kenyon: ::to Garand:: thank you.... No... I'm not a linguist as you know very well. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: sighs :: At least the probes are holding. Scott Coleridge: @ :: pleased they haven't encountered any unexpected resistance yet:: Jylliene: ::enjoys the doughnut. Yep, needed this.:: Johnson Kenyon: however these creatures seem to be very interested in mechanical things... so I've brought it some toys. Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> We should go and meet these new kids... let them know who we are. Chirakis: Garand> Explain. Johnson Kenyon: Might make him... er... it easier to study? mimipavilion: ::goes to one to the mission configurable consoles, turns it on to monitor medical and the such:: Alexis McFarland: ::holds onto Miana:: I guess, we can Johnson Kenyon: the language of engineering as it were Cdr Wyatt Cayne: :: Arrives at the GS :: It's Cayne... Chirakis: Garand> Very well. Come with me and we'll see what happens. ::tags him for entrance and leads him toward our friend::: Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 6/14/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: TBS, Commander? Chirakis: ::hearing the cogs turn::: Scott Coleridge: Hmm Scott Coleridge: Take us to the end of the shift. Chirakis: End of shift will be 1900 or 7:00 PM Chirakis: Words for the wise? Chirakis: Or otherwise? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: I'm glad you could make it, Lt Kenyon. Johnson Kenyon: thank you Chirakis: Seeing nothing else... Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  7. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |14 June 2019 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 4 hours. The time is 1300 hours (1:00 PM) Aegis local. On Aegean: The star that they are investigating continues to actively pulse. Its wave frequency has not intensified nor shown signs of diminishing. We suspect that the 259b wave generation is artificial. However, the solar wave could be triggered by proximity to the star, or by the proximity of an artificial quantum singularity similar to that used by Nei’rrh and Aegean. Dr Sandero is monitoring the electromagnetic wave effects on humanoid life. For now, the radiation levels are within Aegean’s tolerance levels. Aegean will keep its current distance until results from the probes come back. The Starfleet security ship that is tailing Aegean informed Cdr Coleridge that a large alien vessel has entered nebula 259b close to Aegean. The ship does not seem aware of Aegean’s presence, but they will continue to monitor. On Aegis: Families who have been living in the unfinished areas of the station will be given new quarters. Security is watching Crow, the syndicate leader below decks. The “gremlin” is still in custody. It is docile, inquisitive, and confused. Security has not been able to communicate with it.
  8. Earlier
  9. = /\ = USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1033, STARDATE 51906.10 = /\ = Cadet Jack Ryan was discovered to be an agent for the terrorist organization behind the hijacking of Federation starships. After attempted to frame Ensign Callista Tyrel he was apprehended by Commander Kenickie and held in the brig while the crew of the Manticore finished their mission. After absolving Ensign Tyrel of any and all charges the top command staff of Manticore cast judgment upon the saboteur and institued capital punishment on Cadet Ryan. Now the Captain and Commander must not only live with their decision, but ensure the crew doesn't find out. = /\ = END USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1033, STARDATE 51906.10 = /\ = 190610.log
  10. = /\ = USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1033, STARDATE 51906.10 = /\ = Cadet Jack Ryan was discovered to be an agent for the terrorist organization behind the hijacking of Federation starships. After attempted to frame Ensign Callista Tyrel he was apprehended by Commander Kenickie and held in the brig while the crew of the Manticore finished their mission. After absolving Ensign Tyrel of any and all charges the top command staff of Manticore cast judgment upon the saboteur and institued corporal punishment on Cadet Ryan. Now the Captain and Commander must not only live with their decision, but ensure the crew doesn't find out. = /\ = END USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1033, STARDATE 51906.10 = /\ =
  11. SD 0609.2019 Final checks have been completed and work is proceeding to prepare for the slingshot, though Science has made a break through and may be ready to present their space lube plan.
  12. MISSION BRIEF: Science and medical have been poking and prodding Ensign Mincine in hopes that foreign DNA in her blood might be the key to slipping back to our own time. Meanwhile, Engineering has almost completed the most significant repairs needed, mainly to the hull and structural elements. Now all that remains is for their theories and repairs to be tested. Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Hakran K'hal: /me a short while later Hakran K'hal: (( nice way to start )) Hakran K'hal: ::·steps back from the console and stretches his back::· William Chocox: ::is in Engineering:: Hakran K'hal: They can excrete it properly! Indaura Ryssan: :: in medical :: Hunter Matheson: ::weird feeling on his arm from the doc as he puts the finishing touches on helm and leans back, only to find Tork beside him::: Hakran K'hal: ::·has never been so happy about poop since... he can't think of a time he has been happy about poop::· Hunter Matheson: Hm.... :::checking Tork out::: Hunter Matheson: Tork> What? Cptn Swain: ::On the bridge:: Irene Mincine: "And all it took was..." :: Irene was laying down on a biobed someone brought in. She was looking pretty sick and slurring her words. :: "Processing a whole liter..." Hunter Matheson: Where were you when we needed you? Indaura Ryssan: :: Wonders if a complete blood transfusion would help :: Hakran K'hal: ::·turns to Irene::· I know. That's not going to get this off the ground unless we can make do with a lot less. Hunter Matheson: Tork> Uh... MARDET, training. Cptn Swain: ::Looks at this tea:: Rhan K'hal: ::·stops off by the Captain::· Refill, sir? Rhan K'hal: Or do you need something stronger in it? Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Still on the bridge, Miranda pushed off the engineering station and moved around to her chair.:: The worst of the repairs are done, but we need to test the hull strength. Cptn Swain: I am good. Hunter Matheson: ::sighs:: Get stuff straightened out on your end and we'll see if this is gonna work. Rhan K'hal: ::·gives a jaunty finger wave and returns to pacing around the upper perimeter of the bridge, using his PADD-XXL to work on::· Irene Mincine: "Well I got... four more of 'em, Hakkan...Can't ya just pump me full of regg-a-lur blood?" :: She tried to sit up but flopped back onto the bed. Cptn Swain: ::He glanced to Miranda:: Hakran K'hal: ::·pounces over to Irene's bedside::· Stay put, Dr. Dubois threatened painful things if you got hurt -- worse. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Any word from Science on their working theory and when it might be ready? Hunter Matheson: :::as he puts the finishing touches on the helm console:: Lt Glasco? Cptn Swain: ::He still hadn't decided if they were going to take it.:: Irene Mincine: "I'm fine! I'm fine! Just a little tired." :: She carefully sipped some orange juice. :: Hunter Matheson: Tork> ::blink:: Something wrong with the el tee? Hakran K'hal: I'm hoping that sample of your bone marrow she took will reap some dividends - if we can produce what we need outside of you that would be a lot better. Cptn Swain: Perhaps we should check, Cptn Swain: +Hark+ Bridge to K'hal Hakran K'hal: Aaand couldn't he have waited like, 1 hour? ::·sigh::· Irene Mincine: :: Irene glanced at the bandage on her leg. :: "I'm never gonna forgive her fer that. Don't you know how much marrow donation hurts!" Hakran K'hal: +Swain+ K'hal here, Captain. Hunter Matheson: :::sighs again:: Were you training with Lt Glasco? Cptn Swain: +Hak+ ::Takes a sip of tea:: I am afraid the time has come. Hunter Matheson: Tork> Oh. No. Scazarian. Hakran K'hal: +Swain+ It is about dinner time, isn't it? Hakran K'hal: ::·stall stall stall::· Cptn Swain: +Khal+ No, I need to know if you can make your plan work. Rhan K'hal: ::·looks up from his padd::· He's so bad at stalling. Hunter Matheson: ::leans back in the squeaky main helm chair to give Tork a good look-over:: Irene Mincine: "Izzat the captain? Cap'n! It's goin' great! They fed 'em my blood, and they pooped time!" :: Irene had a doofy grin on her face. William Chocox: ::monitors his console:: Hunter Matheson: ::Tork:: Tell you what. When the time comes, the only job you'll have is staying outta the way. Got it? Hunter Matheson: Tork> Got it. Hakran K'hal: +Swain+ We have confirmed that the ProtoHorta can excrete the particulars... as Ensign Mincine so adroitly stated. I was about to test the temporal trigger. We are having some issues with the ah... production side. Hunter Matheson: ::goes back to work cleaning the innards, checking, and rechecking::: Indaura Ryssan: (back, I think) Hakran K'hal: ((you're there, I think)) Maryse Dubois: ::In the medlab, working on the sample that she took.:: Cptn Swain: +Khal+ I see. Cptn Swain: ::He bit his lip:: Hakran K'hal: +Swain+ I'm awaiting word from medical to see if they can produce the DNA much-much faster than Irene. Because if that doesn't happen we'll have to wait so long to get the material the 100 years will be gone anyway. Irene Mincine: "Doc Du-Boy stole one-a my bones and I think she's gonna figure out that prod... pro-duk-shun problem." :: Irene ate a cookie that an orderly left behind. :: Irene Mincine: "Yeah. That." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Despite the situation, she couldn't help but smirk.:: Well, if they aren't ready to test their time theory, we could at least begin running tests on hull integrity. Cptn Swain: +Khal+ For now cancel the operation. Cptn Swain: ::He bit his lip again:: We're going to try the slingshot instead. Indaura Ryssan: :: Going over Irene's records :: Hakran K'hal: +Swain+ Captain, we've spent the last few hours putting Irene through hell. Don't make us waste that. You *know* what my report stated on the probability of the slingshot maneuver. Irene Mincine: :: *beep boop* Irene Mincine, age 29... half-Klingon, half-human... recent shoulder reconstruction... old abdominal injury... :: "If she took my bones for nothin', I'm gonna... I'm gonna... I dunno." Hakran K'hal: ::·pats Irene on the head::· Cptn Swain: +Khal+ I've made my decision. We'll attempt the slingshot once engineering has cleared their hull integrity tests. ::He paused:: That should take a few hours. Hakran K'hal: +Swain+ ::·gets the subtext::· Understood. Cptn Swain: ::Turns to Miranda:: Let me know once the hull integrity tests are done. Hakran K'hal: +Maryse+ K'hal to Dr. Dubois. Cptn Swain: Rhan, begin recollecting everyone back to the ship. Rhan K'hal: :: nods :: Aye. Cptn Swain: And inform the Lysander we'll be heading to our own time in a few hours. Maryse Dubois: ::Looking up from her monitor.:: +Khal+ Go ahead. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She nodded.:: Very well. I'll be in engineering. Hakran K'hal: +Maryse+ The captain has "made his decision." Either we come up with a miracle while Engineering is testing the hull integrity or we're doing the slingshot. And if we do that... Well, we need that miracle. Cptn Swain: ((think of it this way, technically this would qualify you for ndak induced peril card usage )) William Chocox: ((I'm not sure what I have in that regard.)) Cptn Swain: (( I can dig out everyone's spread sheets)) Maryse Dubois: +Hakran+ I've made some process. I just need to isolate a few more genomes, but that takes time. Hakran K'hal: +Maryse+ Okay, I'll stop bothering you and finish the testing on my end, and there's no point in me continuing to vampire Irene, she's loopy as a lemur already. Hakran out. Irene Mincine: :: Irene tried to sit up again and failed. :: "Gimme some human blood 'n set me up in the genetic lab. No way I can run equipment all honked up for the next 8 hours..." William Chocox: ((I have *an* host induced peril card.)) Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Miranda headed for the lift and sent it down to engineering, arriving a few moments later. She stepped out in search of Will.:: William Chocox: ::is looking at his data on his console:: Hakran K'hal: ::·looks down at Irene::· That's medical's decision. Unless you can click your boots together three times while wishing "they're no place like 100 years from now" and open a time portal for us, what you need is a nap. Indaura Ryssan: :: Is working on medical, but is drawn to her temporal mechanics classes :: Rhan K'hal: First round of shuttles in on their way up, Captain. Will only take a few trips, we've been tidying up. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Chocox. We've been given a few hours to begin testing the hull integrity. We need to get started. Cptn Swain: ::He took a drink of his tea:: I'll be in my ready room. Irene Mincine: "Yeah, yeah. I'm so tired..." :: Irene frowned. :: Rhan K'hal: Aye, sir. William Chocox: Got it...so we're doing the slingshot? William Chocox: ::starts setting up what they need to test the hull:: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Yes, the Captain wishes to attempt it because Science is having issues producing enough matter for their theory to work. If that changes, we might alter our plans, but for now those are our orders. Maryse Dubois: ::Continues her work.:: William Chocox: Yes ma'am. Hakran K'hal: ::·returns to his console::· Now, let's see if I can use my subordinate's DNA, pooped out of a small siliconoid life form, prodded by a very-very-very specific frequency of out-of-the-way radiation to create a temporal vortex, will work. Hakran K'hal: ::·sighs::· Really depressing when I say that out loud. Indaura Ryssan: :: Goes to Irene :: Irene Mincine: "We're gonna make it work!" :: Irene flopped over on her biobed seeing Indaura coming. :: "Yeah?" Hakran K'hal: ::·sets up the sample of time mesh into a testing box, engages the force field::· Hunter Matheson: ::leans back in the chair for a final look and notices that the arm goo has disappeared::: Huh... Hakran K'hal: Powering up radiation emitter. Indaura Ryssan: I am just here to be...here. I know if I was sick I' Hakran K'hal: ::·impressive flashy lights with a sign "EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS" glowing brightly over the door::· Indaura Ryssan: I'd like someone around. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: So... how hard can we push these things. I'm having the computer calculate the estimated shear factors to see what our minimum integrity readings should be. I want you to run through every possible scenario we might encounter. Hakran K'hal: ::·dials in the radiation frequency to an accuracy within 47 decimal places::· Hakran K'hal: Firing in 3...2...1...::·pewpewpew::· Indaura Ryssan: Well, Denobulans are always around others. Cptn Swain: ::he exited into the bridge:: Irene Mincine: "I'm always around others on this ship, yeah. And I'm drained a blood and Maryse took bone marrow... so I'm in bed while he does all the work." Hakran K'hal: Now, if this works, it should re-appear in 3...2...1... ::·holds breath::· Indaura Ryssan: I had thought a transfusion would be an option, but I don't really know if that would help you. Irene Mincine: "It'd contaminate the supply of time goop, I guess. They won't gimme one." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: (( 2 minute warning )) William Chocox: Of course ma'am. I'll also see if there's anything we can do when it actually happens to keep us alive. Cptn Swain: (( Give me a number rhan 1-100 )) Rhan K'hal: (( 88 )) Maryse Dubois: ::Is slowly making progress with the mapping and isolating of genomes.:: Cptn Swain: (( ::frowns:: )) Cptn Swain: ACTION> It, worked! Hakran K'hal: ::·zooms in on the sample::· WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Cptn Swain: ..and... Irene Mincine: "Yeah!" Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM
  13. = /\ = USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1032, STARDATE 51906.03 = /\ = Manticore was sent to investigate the destruction of Starbase 392 and instead found a mystery much greater than they bargained of which originated from a massive data breach at Starfleet. Aginst "official" orders the crew has decided to continue the investigation. They were diverted to Starbase 381 and found the USS Honshu under foreign control. After a brief battle the Honshu was disabled and the engineering team able to regain control of the ship then persued the enemy through a cloaked minedfield and ended up at an asteroid base guarded by USS Ethan Carter, one of the two escort ships from Starbase 392. Thanks to a spy among the lower ranks, Manticore once again came under control of the enemy. Thanks to Chief Jaenke's prevention methods the ship wasn't long under enemy control. A battle ensued both inside and outside the ship with Manticore ultimately the winner thanks to a little help from Section 31. The two clandestine organizations banded together for a final assault on the asteroid base in an effort to obtain any information about this new terrorist threat. They were one step ahead, though, as the base was rigged to blow. The away team escaped just before the station was obliterated. Now all that's left to deal with is their resident double agent. = /\ = END USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1032, STARDATE 51906.03 = /\ = 190603.log
  14. = /\ = USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1032, STARDATE 51906.03 = /\ = Manticore was sent to investigate the destruction of Starbase 392 and instead found a mystery much greater than they bargained of which originated from a massive data breach at Starfleet. Aginst "official" orders the crew has decided to continue the investigation. They were diverted to Starbase 381 and found the USS Honshu under foreign control. After a brief battle the Honshu was disabled and the engineering team able to regain control of the ship then persued the enemy through a cloaked minedfield and ended up at an asteroid base guarded by USS Ethan Carter, one of the two escort ships from Starbase 392. Thanks to a spy among the lower ranks, Manticore once again came under control of the enemy. Thanks to Chief Jaenke's prevention methods the ship wasn't long under enemy control. A battle ensued both inside and outside the ship with Manticore ultimately the winner thanks to a little help from Section 31. The two clandestine organizations banded together for a final assault on the asteroid base in an effort to obtain any information about this new terrorist threat. They were one step ahead, though, as the base was rigged to blow. The away team escaped just before the station was obliterated. Now all that's left to deal with is their resident double agent. = /\ = END USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1032, STARDATE 51906.03 = /\ =
  15. SD 0602.2019 Science and medical have been poking and prodding Ensign Mincine in hopes that foreign DNA in her blood might be the key to slipping back to our own time. Meanwhile, Engineering has almost completed the most significant repairs needed, mainly to the hull and structural elements. Now all that remains is for their theories and repairs to be tested.
  16. The Klingons arrive on Arcadia. Lo'Ami shows them the peace talks between Chancellor Gorkon and the Federation, thinking it would not give them too much information about what they don't already know about the future. Arizhel serves the Klingons raktajino. Koloth, the captain of the Klingons, decides to attack Lo'Ami anyway. Lo'Ami is injured, Koloth is stunned. The other Klingons don't join in the battle. The docking ring connecting Arcadia to the Klingon ship destabalizes. chatlog2019-5-19.txt
  17. MISSION BRIEFING: Science has discovered a possible method that could be used to transport Excalibur back to its own time. However, if return isn't an option, Captain Swain has decided that our only course of action will be to scuttle the ship and settle on the unoccupied planet of Sarras in hopes of not altering the historical timeline any further. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: BEGIN SIM Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: BEGIN SIM Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: BEGIN SIM Rhan K'hal: :: with the "Drain Irene of Her Precious Blood" group :: William Chocox: ::is working in Engineering:: Hunter Matheson: ::working on the helm console, checking a bunch of stuff, working out vectors that might or might not be used:: Hakran K'hal: :: heading to the biology labs, since he figures Irene has seen her fill of sickbay for one mission :: Irene Mincine: :: Irene's sitting on a big ugly chair in the biology lab, down from her uniform into a gray tank top. :: "...can't say I'm too enthused about this one, folks." Hakran K'hal: :: walks in just in time to hear that :: I know you aren't, but this further work with the DNA might give us clues into your specific problem, so think positive. Hunter Matheson: ::idly thinking about what it would be like to stay in this era, maybe begin a family, teach the kids hunting, become his own great great great gramps:: Hakran K'hal: Anyway, it's not like we're pumping it all out and replacing it with cherry syrup. Irene Mincine: "I can't help it, I'm B Negative." :: Hmph. :: "No, you're pumping it all out, separating out the temporal goop, and shoving it back in, if I understand the procedure." Irene Mincine: "...well, not *all* of it, but..." Hakran K'hal: Well, eventually we'll need to up our cycle but for now, small steps. A simple hypo. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::Miranda sighed as she scrolled to the bottom of her data padd, not at all happy with their options. She sat it aside and leaned back in her chair on the bridge, eyes turning to the main viewer.:: +Engineering+ Hawthorne to Chocox. Hakran K'hal: :: hands one to Irene :: Hunter Matheson: ::stops cold, trying to remember what year they're in anyway, then shrugs and pulls himself out from under helm and fidgets with a few things topside::: Irene Mincine: :: Irene uses her advanced medical knowledge to take a blood sample from her arm with the hypo, then hands it back to Hakran. :: "The centrifuge should be configured for the correct molecular weight." William Chocox: +Hawthorne+ Chocox here. ::puts a panel back into place:: Hakran K'hal: Excellent. :: removes the sample vial and pops it into the centrifuge :: Away we go. :: pushes the button :: Hunter Matheson: ::notes that he's dripping from the *minor* injury... or so said the doc::: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: +Chocox+ The Lysander has finished transfer of all our requested goods -- whatever they had on hand, anyhow. We're still missing a few components. I need you to take stock and send me an updated list of what we're going to have to do without. Irene Mincine: "The serum levels are low enough from the nanite treatments that I'm not sure how much we'll get from that, exactly, but it'll give us an idea of how much we need to collect." :: Irene watched the centrifuge spin up. :: Hunter Matheson: ::but he has to replace another chip, so he steps over to the helm locker and is actually careful with it for once:: Hakran K'hal: LtJG Kenet> :: arrives in the biolab lugging a huge case :: Hunter Matheson: ::pulls out the emergency med kit and gives his arm an extra wrap:: William Chocox: +Hawthorne+ On it ma'am. ::starts putting lists together:: Indaura Ryssan: :: Enters the scene :: Hakran K'hal: Izal, great. Start hooking that stuff up. Hakran K'hal: :: looks over at Irene :: Some of this stuff will look familiar to you, I'm afraid. Precautionary only Hunter Matheson: ::grabs a packet of quikclot just in case:: Indaura Ryssan: :: Checking her padd for duties to perform :: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She threw a glance at Hunter.:: Did you have medical check that out, Matheson? Hunter Matheson: ::turns to Hawthorne:: Yes, ma'am. Hakran K'hal: Kenet> :: starts hooking up the chroniton stabilization matrix equipment :: Irene Mincine: :: Irene sighed. :: "Oh, come on, I'm stable. I don't think we need to set up the chroniton equipment again..." Hunter Matheson: ::Hawthorne:: Guess I've just been working it a little more than I should. Rhan K'hal: :: removes the vial from the centrifuge when it spins down and moves it to the molecular separator :: Hakran K'hal: Kenet> :: scrunches her Bajoran nose up, adding extra ridges :: We're not turning it on unless we have to. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: How did you injure it in the first place? ::Tapping out a message on her chair's console.:: Hakran K'hal: :: reviews the data from the separator, makes some adjustments to the prepared solution and begins removing the extra stuff :: Indaura Ryssan: :: Going up to Matheson ::: Rhan K'hal: Why isn't Semek lugging that around? Did he get pinged in the ass again? Irene Mincine: :: Irene reclines the ugly dentists' chair she's sitting in. :: "Where did you dig up this chair, anyway? The 19th century?" :: "Better to be prepared, I guess..." Hunter Matheson: ::gives her his full attention:: Minor cut on the bridge helm locker, ma'am. Hunter Matheson: Medical onboard were busy so they sent me down to Doc Trajan in MARDET. Hakran K'hal: Kenet> He's working with your people to store the stuff from the planet, K1. Anyway, this is more my gig than his. Hakran K'hal: :: smiles at Irene :: We borrowed it from Shadal. He didn't really need two chairs. Hakran K'hal: I know he has four arms but he still only has two eyes to cut hair with. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Doctor Ryssan. Glad you could join us on the bridge. I was just sending medical a message that Matheson needed a bit of attention. Could you please see to his arm? Hunter Matheson: ::Doc Ryssan:: I'm good, ma'am. Just a minor bleed. Got some.... William Chocox: +Hawthorne+ Commander? I've got the list for you. Do you want it at your chair or your PADD? Hunter Matheson: ...or not. Indaura Ryssan: :: Gets her scanner out :: Let me take a look Hakran K'hal: :: irked :: Izal, I'm your BOSS and you still call him K*ONE8??? Hunter Matheson: ::just a little dab of blood is seeping through the bandage from Doc Trajan::: Hakran K'hal: Kenet> :: smirks :: He /was/ here first. Hakran K'hal: :: muttergrumbles and leans back over his console :: Indaura Ryssan: Need to stop that bleeding. :: gets a spray from her pack :: Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: +Chocox+ Send it to my padd, please. I will be sending you an updated priority list once I review. Hunter Matheson: I just got a pack of quikclot, ma'am.....:::watching her reach into her kit:: Irene Mincine: :: Irene laughed at the exchange. :: Rhan K'hal: :: grinning, pushes his chair over to Irene, flips open a medical tric :: So, do you have any allergies? Have you visited any planets where fungal infections are common? William Chocox: +Hawthorne+ Aye ma'am. Sending it to your PADD now. ::sends the list up to her:: Indaura Ryssan: :; Hypos Matheson first :: Hunter Matheson: ::wince::: Irene Mincine: "I'm allergic to Bajoran citrus and excuse you about the fungal infections! We've been on the same planets, jerk." Hakran K'hal: :: pulls the vial out of the separator with an irritated snap of the wrist, rolls over and puts it into the all-in-one DNA analysis and manipulation device :: Indaura Ryssan: :: Then sprays :: Indaura Ryssan: This may be a little thick. :: A goop forms on his arm :: Hunter Matheson: ::mutter:: Damn... that's worse than quikclot. Rhan K'hal: :: pretends to write on a padd :: Patient exhibiting signs of irritation and definitely doesn't want a Bajoran mimosa. Indaura Ryssan: Think of it as a big bandage.. Irene Mincine: :: Irene sighs... :: "Don't you have something important to be doing instead of screwing around with medical equipment?" Hunter Matheson: ::Ryssan:: Yeah... it's big. Does it ever.. you know... get smaller? Rhan K'hal: Yes, waiting for Hakran to finish fumbling around with the bio equipment and give me something I can put nanites into. Hakran K'hal: I'm not *fumbling,* I'm being precise. Indaura Ryssan: It's as large as it needs to be. Hunter Matheson: So I take that as a no. Rhan K'hal: You know you could actually let Irene do the bio, since she knows what she's doing. Rhan K'hal: Plus she hates your taste in furniture. Irene Mincine: "We only have a couple days to do this and, I mean, this *is* my specialty..." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She snorted at the exchange and picked up her data padd to have a look at the information Chocox sent. Her frown returned as she reviewed.:: Hakran K'hal: :: tilts his head back :: Okay. But you're under constant monitoring. If that stuff triggers while you're working on it in close proximity... Indaura Ryssan: There are enzymes and other things to facilitate healing Hakran K'hal: :: stands from his rolly-stool and makes an exaggerated "it's all yours" gesture :: Hunter Matheson: So I should be able to get it off in a day or two? Irene Mincine: :: Irene hops off the chair. :: "Bad things will happen, yeah." :: She gets to work, both faster and more precisely than Hakran with all her genetics and biological skill. :: Rhan K'hal: :: goes over and gives Hak a shoulder massage :: Part of responsibility is knowing when to delegate it, bro. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: Well... I suppose that's out of the question. ::Muttering to herself, she swiped something off her list and continued scrolling.:: Indaura Ryssan: It will change color as you get better. :: scans :: Hunter Matheson: :::watching::: Irene Mincine: "Should be ready in a couple minutes..." :: Irene mumbles while the molecular separator finishes up. :: Hakran K'hal: :: sighs :: Excellent. Hakran K'hal: Rhan, go get the nanites from Dr. Dubois. Hunter Matheson: ::still holding the helm isolinear chip::: Rhan K'hal: Your command is my wish. And yes, I know that's backward. Rhan K'hal: :: starts for the door :: Hakran K'hal: AND DON'T WASTE TIME FLIRTING WITH HER. Get back down here with it asap. Irene Mincine: "Here you go." :: Irene backed away from the work area. :: "We got a few micrograms out of it." Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: ::She sent a prelim list back to Will.:: +Chocox+ Well, we're going to have to scrap some of the internals, but the hull project looks like it's a go. I've sent you a list of the other projects that are going to get bumped. Rhan K'hal: :: wrinkles his muzzle at his brother :: I can flirt fast. :: disappears out into the hallway :: Hunter Matheson: ::Ryssan:: Is it okay if I get back to work now? William Chocox: ::looks at the list:: +Hawthorne+ That is not a promising list...I'll get back to work on the hull project though. Indaura Ryssan: :: nods :: Go about as you normally would :: pats his arm :: Hakran K'hal: :: heads over to the console :: Nice work. Now relax. In a different chair. :: smiles :: Indaura Ryssan: Come back this time tomorrow and I'll take a look at it. Hunter Matheson: Yes, ma'am. Thanks. Irene Mincine: :: Irene sits down in one of the comfy office chairs in the lab. :: "Flirting with your doctor is a dangerous game, you know." Irene Mincine: "They know *everything* about you." Hunter Matheson: ::slips the quikclot into a pocket then scoots under the helm console to replace that last chip:: Hakran K'hal: :: grunts :: If I tried giving him advice he'd remind me exactly of how many romantic partners I've had and tell me to stuff it. Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: END SIM Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: END SIM Cdr Miranda Hawthorne: END SIM
  18. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 5/31/19 =/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 No TBS. The time is 0800 hours (8:00 AM) Aegis local. Aegean's first test in Nebula 259b caused the star's wave generation to spike and enter an "active" phase without warning. On Aegis, security is busy with the gremlin and the syndicate leader, Crow. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC OPS::: mimipavilion: ::finishing up the update of the newest arrival:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: On Aegean :: Dacia Sandero: @::on Aegean as well:: Chirakis: ::CnC, command console::: Tarisa: ::At her station on CnC.:: Alexis McFarland: ::eating her breakfast:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Also eating breakfast at her place.:: Scott Coleridge: @::Aegean command chair, looking at the sensor readouts:: That was... unexpected. Chirakis: ::leans back after reading a report from the Starfleet security tail::: Alexis McFarland: ::eating a piece of avocado toast:: Chirakis: ::then she stands to wander CnC ::: Dacia Sandero: @ ::continues with her research on the radiation waves and its effects on humanoid life:: Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: Keep a close eye on our shielding, please. If this level of activity continues, I want to know if it causes any degradation. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Aye mimipavilion: ::does some more paperwork:: Chirakis: :::arrives at Tarisa's console::: Commander, were you investigating Nebula 259b as well? ::she seems concerned::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Finishes her breakfast, grabs her things, and leaves the VIP quarters.:: Scott Coleridge: @::knows that Dran is busy herding the probes and sensors:: Scott Coleridge: @ It seems too unlikely a coincidence that the star just decided to become more active as we got closer. Tarisa: :;Nods.:: I have been trying to monitor the area. ::Bringing up the area on screen.:: I was about to begin another active scan... Tarisa: Hmm...It seems that area is becoming active again. Chirakis: And it was not active until Aegean approached it? Alexis McFarland: ::Drinking some orange juice and fixes her hair:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I have said I believe there is an artificial quality about all of this. Tarisa: Correct Chirakis: Have you any idea why that might happen? ::merely curious, not alarmed::: Scott Coleridge: @ It's possible. Of course, our proximity might be a natural trigger too. I wonder how we can test that, other than getting closer. Scott Coleridge: @ I don't want to do that until we've collected all the readings we can from this distance. Tarisa: :;Shakes head.:: Not without concrete evidence. But the possibility of some sort of proximity trigger could come to mind. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ This does not match anything in Federation or Rihan databases mimipavilion: ::finishes up with her paperwork and heads for the CnC, leaving medical in the care of Lt. Mallard:: Chirakis: ..and that could be something natural, perhaps the proximity of an artificial quantum singularity? Fletcher Jackson: ::turns::: Captain, priority one coming to your console. Tarisa: Miana> ::Happily chimes Alexis' door.:: mimipavilion: ::arrives on the CnC a short time later:: Chirakis: ::looks to Jackson:: Thank you, Ensign. Tarisa: :;Nods.:: Yes, it is possible. Alexis McFarland: ::hovers to the door and opens it:: Morning Miana. ::smiles:: Chirakis: ::she nods and moves to her console::: Chirakis: ::inserts her secure datacrystal and reads::: Tarisa: Miana> Hi! ::Hugs, happy tail going.:: Alexis McFarland: ::hugs Miana:: How are you feeling? Your arm feeling better? Nijil tr'Korjata: Annisha> :: Oblivious to what her father is doing :: Tarisa: Miana> :;Nods.:: Mmhm Alexis McFarland: That is good. Let's get Annisha. ::heads out of her room to Annisha's:: Chirakis: ::she seems to be alarmed about something, returns a message and blanks her screen, returning the chip to her pocket::: Alexis McFarland: My leg and arm are getting better. I can move them a bit more and doesn't hurt. Tarisa: Miana> Yay! :;Follows.:: Alexis McFarland: ::chimes on Annisha's door:: mimipavilion: ::stands out of the way and observes:: Scott Coleridge: @::Dacia:: How are the radiation levels at present? Dacia Sandero: @ ::checks:: Radiation levels are getting higher the closer we get. Levels are pretty high now, but still within our shield’s tolerance levels. Alexis McFarland: Neesha! ::peers at door:: Chirakis: ::then spots Mimi::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I am not sure how much closer we can get and maintain a level of safety. mimipavilion: ::notices that the Captain has seen her and nods:: Chirakis: ::puts on her best neutral expression::: Good evening, Doctor. Any news? Dacia Sandero: @ Pretty high as it is, but it's your call. mimipavilion: Just a new baby. Scott Coleridge: @ We'll keep at our current distance for now, but we'll see what the probes send back. Dacia Sandero: @interesting. Alexis McFarland: ::Hugs Annisha:: Chirakis: Oh. And whose is it? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The Warren and Nei'rrh were a bit closer, mimipavilion: The Nelsons. Chirakis: The Nelsons. :::she nods, smiling in satisfaction::: The boy they were waiting for. mimipavilion: ::nods, moves next to her, whispers:: Your neutral face isn't your best. Chirakis: ::slight chuckle::: I will keep that in mind. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ We should consider a series of new probes. mimipavilion: ::smiles and nods:: Chirakis: :::Tarisa:: Commander take the con. Doctor, my office for a while? mimipavilion: ::nods and follows:: Alexis McFarland: ::Snuggles Miana, and heads to school with them:: Scott Coleridge: @::Nijil:: That might help. Chirakis: ::enters and approaches her bar::: Do you drink on duty, or is it forbidden? Scott Coleridge: @::his console beeps with an encrypted notification:: Hmm Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Configuring... mimipavilion: When on duty no. Off duty, yes. Dacia Sandero: @ ::monitoring the rad levels:: Chirakis: And you are... on or off? Chirakis: I also have coffee, or Dr. Davis's tea that she was kind enough to give to me. mimipavilion: On duty, I'll have the tea thanks. Chirakis: Very well. So will I. Tarisa: ::Ears perk up as she looks to the others on CnC.:: Chirakis: :::stands at the bar for a while and returns with the tea::: I'm afraid I cannot furnish the amenities that Dr. Davis has. Will coffee mugs do? mimipavilion: Yes Scott Coleridge: @::decrypts the notification and reads; it's from the secret security detail trailing them:: Chirakis: Excellent. ::hands it to her and relaxes into a chair::: mimipavilion: ::takes the mug and sits:: Tarisa: Miana> ::On the way to school.:: I heard something interesting. Alexis McFarland: Ooh, what did you hear? Tarisa: Miana> That we might have new students. Alexis McFarland: Oooh! I hope they are nice. I wonder who they are. Tarisa: Miana> If what I heard was true, it might be people we already know. Alexis McFarland: Hmm Chirakis: ::after a few sips she sighs::: Doctor... what do you think of taking a family from its fairly comfortable area below decks and placing them in decent quarters? Chirakis: "Fairly comfortable" meaning what they are used to, not necessarily what we would call comfortable. Tarisa: Miana> ::Leans on the hover chair and whispers.:: I heard it might be the boys we met in the lower decks. You know, the ones in that secret club. Scott Coleridge: @::Notification reads: "Large alien vessel has entered nebula within Aegean proximity. Does not seem aware of Aegean presence yet. Will monitor situation. Stay alert.":: Alexis McFarland: Oh, them. I remember them. The dirty boys. mimipavilion: ::raises her brows:: A family.... ::pauses for a moment:: from below decks. ::thinks:: Depends what they call 'comfortable.' Tarisa: Miana> :;Nods.:: They were my neighbors for a night. Chirakis: ::nod:: You are familiar with the boys, Jake and Billy? Alexis McFarland: I hope they weren't too loud for you. Though that's a big upgrade. Alexis McFarland: If I wasn't already used to VIP quarters, I'd be jealous. Tarisa: Miana> I almost did not know they were there. mimipavilion: ::thinks:: I believe so. Word is, but I hope I'm wrong, they report to you or Cayne. Alexis McFarland: And if my parents get reassigned here, that's where I'd move to I'd bet. Tarisa: Miana> ::Perks up.:: We could be neighbors! Alexis McFarland: Mm. Chirakis: They do, and I am concerned for their safety. They know too much, and are not aware of their danger. I would like to bring them to secure quarters "Above" as they say. They and the rest of their group. mimipavilion: ::Nods:: I take you have a place or two in mind for the group. mimipavilion: ::takes a sip:: Alexis McFarland: They seemed nice enough I guess, those boys. Not really my type though. Chirakis: I do. With extra security monitors of which they will not be aware. mimipavilion: ::nods:: This is just a guess, but it's the children's home. Chirakis: No. It is not. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Chirakis: We've been working on additional housing for those below. They will occupy several of those. mimipavilion: ::nods again:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Monitoring shields :: Chirakis: Psychologically, how do you believe that the children will react? Or their parents, for that matter? Dacia Sandero: @: ::Still keeping an eye on the rad levels:: Tarisa: Miana> ::Nods.:: They spoke funny. Alexis McFarland: Hmm, yes. They did. mimipavilion: I believe they'll be in shock for a bit due to adjusting, but I think they'll be fine. Chirakis: :::she nods, sipping the tea::: Chirakis: 10:55 PM Chirakis: ::her belt beeps and she looks down::: Feel free to stay here for a while and relax, Doctor. I have an urgent message. Scott Coleridge: @ ACTION> The star has continued to pulse in an "active" way, but the frequency of its waves has not intensified further. Neither do they show any sign of diminishing. Alexis McFarland: ::clutches Miana:: You're more my type, Miana. ::smiles and giggles:: Chirakis: :::puts her mug aside and exits her office::: Commander Tarisa, anything new? mimipavilion: ::nods:: Of course, quick question though Nijil tr'Korjata: @ If nothing else we have some more advanced scans. mimipavilion: ::puts her tea down and follows:: Chirakis: ::moves to her console::: Chirakis: (two minutes) Chirakis: ::receives the message and blanks the screen, then turns to Mimi::: Something else, Doctor? mimipavilion: ::rethinks on how to ask her question without everyone else hearing and moves to :: Just an important question. Tarisa: :;Shakes her head as Chirakis enters.:: Not at the moment. Chirakis: Of course. ::nods back to Tarisa::: Chirakis: ::steps aside into a quieter area::: Tarisa: Miana> ::Giggles and purrs as she hugs back.:: mimipavilion: ::follows Chirakis to a quieter area::softly just in case:: What makes this group important to move? Chirakis: That is classified, Doctor. mimipavilion: ::nods:: Understood. Chirakis: As far as they know, they are some of those below who will have new homes. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 5/31/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: Commander, TBS? Scott Coleridge: Hmm Scott Coleridge: What time is it now in game? Chirakis: ::notes his pondering look::: Chirakis: 0900 Scott Coleridge: Let's move it to just after lunch Chirakis: Very well. Just after lunch - 1300 - 1:00 PM Chirakis: Words for the crew? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Nijil tr'Korjata: Nothing here Chirakis: Very well.. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  19. I notice we have a few retired sims that haven't found their way to the Retired Sims section. Just the general clean-desk yeoman in me that would like to see those put in their proper place, as well as removed from the schedule page. I would've DM'd someone but frankly I don't know who is behind the scenes anymore. 😆 Also we seem to have problems with the member avatar pictures breaking. I've had to re-do mine a couple of times already. Not sure whereabouts that error might be cropping up. Not a major problem but it makes for a messy forum front. I don't know how many people are out there shopping for this kind of simulation any more, but it's always important to present a professional web presence to draw people in. ∷patters off, trying to get his OCD eye tic to stop∷
  20. The triple suns of Alpha Centauri were out over the capital. The great expanse of Decker Pack was full of people celebrating the annual Klingon Cultural Festival. There was everything you would expect at an event like that: food, arts and crafts, even 24th century carnival games. People came from all over the region to visit the festival. There weren’t just humans and Klingons, but people of many Federation races were in attendance. Proxima 4 was one of the oldest colonies of the Federation, after all. In the center of the park stood the the Grand Stage. It was a great circular platform with hundreds of seats surrounding it. People were streaming toward it from all directions as an announcement sounded: “The 43rd annual Proxima 4 Bat’leth Tournament Women’s Semi-Final is about to begin at the Grand Stage. Please make your way there.” The preparation area was a small permanent pavilion across from the Grand Stage. Inside was Irene Mincine, wearing a white training robe, warming up with a leather-wrapped and old-looking bat’leth. Her exercises looked strenuous, but Irene looked up to the challenge. She was very athletic, and also pretty bruised up from the previous days’ battles. “This is how you celebrate your high school graduation, Irene? A bat’leth tournament?” said a young human man standing in the doorway to the warm-up room. Irene planted the edge of the bat’leth on the floor and leaned on it, panting. “Jolath, what do they say about women with blades?” Jolath looked at her with an innocent look on his face. “I just thought I’d stop by and wish my favorite classmate luck before the last day of the tournament, that’s all.” She laughed, picking up a water bottle from the floor and taking a sip. “That’s a new one. Days 1 and 2 weren’t too bad. But what happened to, ‘Irene, these tournaments are dangerous,’ or ‘Irene, why do you even own a bat’leth?’” He leaned on the doorway, self-satisfied. “Well, they are dangerous. And I still don’t know why you own one of those things. Aren’t you going off to college next month? What are you going to do, cut your professor’s head off when they give you a C?” “I told you, it’s an heirloom from my grandmother, the Klingon commander I told you about,” Irene replied. “My mom didn’t want anything to do with it. Hell, she doesn’t even know I’m here. I think she’s on Earth for some… diplomat… thing. She thinks I use it for calisthenics.” “Why do they use real weapons, though?” Jolath sounded pretty concerned. Irene spoke with an air of reverence. “To make sure that both warriors try their best, and to remember that death can come at any time.” She then shrugged, like she didn’t quite understand it either. “Martial sports were conducted this way on Earth for a couple thousand years, too. It’s not like this is unique to my people.” She picked up the bat’leth once more. “Just think of it as Klingon fencing.” The PA clicked on. “Competitor Irene Mincine to the Grand Stage in ten minutes.” Irene looked up at the ceiling. “Time for you to go. Go, go, go, I need to change!” Jolath wished Irene well and left. The door closed behind him. * * * Irene Mincine walked out to the Grand Stage. She was wearing the traditional Klingon warrior’s uniform, though she didn’t look too comfortable in it. It never fit quite right on her hybrid body. Her wavy black hair was worn down, in the Klingon style, rather than her usual pony tail. Combined with her ridges, her uniform, and her scowl, she looked pretty intimidating. Her opponent walked out opposite her. She was a large, powerful Klingon woman who looked a bit older than her. Irene was worried about what she’d heard about her - K’last was the favorite to win. Not just that, but she’d heard from her defeated opponents about the dirty tricks she liked to use. Illegal moves, subtle manipulations, things that should be dishonorable. Irene, though, wasn’t a full Klingon. She was used to dishonorable actions by other Klingons, even if they wouldn’t admit it. The announcer began his spiel. “To the left… in her first competition… Irene, daughter of P’Lor, of the House of Morvath!” There was some cheering, but not from the Klingons in the crowd… Irene figured that would happen. The two Klingon competitors she had bested weren’t exactly thrilled about getting beaten by a half-breed and that presumably spread to the crowd, as well. “To the right… in her eighth competition… K’last, daughter of Rassa, of the House of Delat!” The cheering was much louder for her than for Irene. With a gong,the fight began. The two clashed immediately. Irene was younger and faster, with K’last clearly the more powerful and experienced of them. Still, Irene was able to hold her off with K’last getting angrier and angrier as it went on.After five exciting minutes, their bat’leths crashed together and the two were locked in a battle of strength. “I won’t let you beat me, Federation p’tak!” K’last spat out at Irene. “You wear our garb, but under it is the uniform and spirit of a child!” “I don’t need to be fully Klingon to kick your ass!” she responded, but she was slowly losing the test of strength. That wasn’t enough for K’last. She slid the blade up, hooking Irene’s grip. The blade slipped. Irene realized she’d been a victim of one of the most illegal moves in the sport! K’last shoved Irene’s blade away. The bat’leth clattered to the ground, a victory for K’last. In the process, she “accidentally” sunk one of the edges into Irene’s belly. “P’tak.” Irene gasped, feeling the bat’leth tear through her. She didn’t have the energy to cry out. She fell where she stood, collapsing to her knees, then to the floor while blood poured from the wound, gathering around her in a sea of red. “Get the fight doctor! There’s been a terrible accident,” the judge yelled out. Immediately, human and Klingon medical teams rushed in. K’last stood and watched her handiwork, satisfied. Irene looked up at the orange Centauri sky. She felt herself rising up, the voices of the doctors becoming quiet and distant. “She’s losing a lot of blood. Check the spleen for damage. Which one? Dammit, Klingons have two of them, don’t they…” Her vision faded to white. The last thing she remembered seeing was K’last’s -eating grin.
  21. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |31 May 2019 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 No TBS. The time is 0800 hours (08:00 AM) Aegis local. On Aegis, security is stymied with its newest acquisition: a small humanoid that was installing electronic equipment in unfinished areas of the station. They call the being “the gremlin” for lack of a better name, and believe that it is responsible for most of the electronic glitches we have had throughout the station: turbolift malfunctions, random blinking emergency lights, and similar. They have tried interrogation, but the computer cannot decipher its language. It is docile and inquisitive rather than aggressive. To top it all off, its normal odor resembles a blend of chicken poop and rotten fish—or so Lt Garand says. Thankfully, our Vulcan engineer, Ens Sartaru, has formulated an aerosol spray that works. Mostly. On a more serious note, Aegean has reached its destination in Nebula 259b. As soon as they achieved stellar orbit to begin their tests, the star’s electromagnetic wave generation spiked and entered an active phase without warning.
  22. SD 0526.2019 Science has discovered a possible method that could be used to transport Excalibur back to its own time. However, if return isn't an option, Captain Swain has decided that our only course of action will be to scuttle the ship and settle on the unoccupied planet of Sarras in hopes of not altering the historical timeline any further.
  23. SD 0519.2019 A senior staff (y'all) meeting has been called to discuss the situation and options.
  24. MISSION BRIEF: A senior staff (y'all) meeting has been called to discuss the situation and options. Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Cptn Swain: BEGIN SIM Hunter Matheson: ::in the meeting I guess:: Irene Mincine: :: Seated at the conference table. Not shifting, not screaming, nothing. Just sitting. :: Indaura Ryssan: none Rhan K'hal: :: leaning against the wall near his usual spot, since his chair did not survive the boom :: Hakran K'hal: :: enters the room like the image of your usual bumbling scientist, juggling padds and generally seeming like he needed an extra hour to prepare :: Cptn Swain: ::Enters, frowning:: Hunter Matheson: :::cracks his neck, then gives his body a good stretch after working on the helm console so Excal will actually fly::: Irene Mincine: :: Irene slides out a chair for Hakran since he has his hands full... :: Hakran K'hal: Thanks. :: lets the padds clatter onto the table then spends a moment putting them in order :: Hunter Matheson: ::leaning against the bulkhead::: Cptn Swain: Good evening. Cptn Swain: Commander Hawthorne is working on some repairs. Irene Mincine: "Not going well?" :: Irene whispered to Hak. She had one padd in front of her, which was a report on the temporal lubricant. :: Cptn Swain: I want to first say how proud I am of all of you. Hakran K'hal: :: gives Irene a slump-shouldered shrug :: Irene Mincine: :: Irene frowned slightly and went back to listening to the captain. :: Cptn Swain: I know this hasn't been particularly easy, Cptn Swain: And it seems, we can hardly ever catch a break. Hunter Matheson: ::half listening to the captain and half thinking about living out the rest of his life in this universe, if he'll get married, have kids, they have kids, and on down the line until he is born in another era... which is kind of cool but not so cool::: Maryse Dubois: :;Sitting in the meeting, listening.:: Rhan K'hal: :: folds an ear halfway, thinking "no kidding" :: Cptn Swain: ::Takes his seat:: So status report. Rhan K'hal: :: looks over at Will, because the rest doesn't matter if the ship can't do anything :: Hunter Matheson: ::then his eyes wander toward the doc for a moment before he hears the magic words, and then he straightens up:: Indaura Ryssan: :: At the table :: William Chocox: Well, it's better than before. Hunter Matheson: ::since he didn't say sitrep to a particular person, he chimes in::: Helm is ready to go, Captain, pending engineering's side of it. William Chocox: But we're still worried about the stress on the hull that a gravitational slingshot will entail. Maryse Dubois: Well, as you can see, Ms. Mincine is back within our timeline. Thanks to Rhan, and some of the science staff. Medical supplies are also still holding. And we can actually eat things not in bar form anymore. Rhan K'hal: The computer is running is good as it's going to get. It would be able to handle the dirty work. Barely. Hakran K'hal: :: sighs :: A slingshot is not possible in this solar system. Considering our current issues, I doubt we could manage it around Sol on a good day. Hakran K'hal: However, we have found some other temporal voodoo. Irene? Cptn Swain: ::Tips his head slightly:: William Chocox: Ooh, I like VooDoo. Cptn Swain: Go on Irene Mincine: :: Irene's face turns red as she has to make a sudden presentation in front of the whole senior staff! :: "I'm, yeah, back in our timeline, thanks to Dr. Dubois and Lt. K'hal. I've been in the genetics lab ever since. I've..." :: She slides her padd toward the captain. :: "...discovered that the reason I was shifting through time was this temporal lubricant, for lack of a better phrase, produced by the weird DNA." Cptn Swain: ::Stops himself from naming it:: Temporal lubricant. I see And so you think we could use that to uh, slip back to the right time period? Cptn Swain: ::Considers:: We'd need to open a temporal fissure. Irene Mincine: :: Irene nods. :: "Well, there are a couple of problems with that. The first problem is that the only known source of it is... well, my blood. And I believe we'd need a whole lot of it to slip an entire starship through time." Irene Mincine: "We're talking, like, 'person in a torpedo casing' with how much I've been able to isolate so far." Hakran K'hal: However the biological mechanism may be replicable with our existing nanotechnology. Hakran K'hal: Then it is a matter of "dialing in" the right time period by adjusting the frequency of radiation it's exposed to. Cptn Swain: And how long would that take. Cptn Swain: ::He frowned: Indaura Ryssan: :: Listening :: Hakran K'hal: The "ProtoHorta" may be able to take over the construction on that end, Captain, once we've de-Irened it. Cptn Swain: That sounds like a lot of ifs. Cptn Swain: Which seems to be the name of the game, Hakran K'hal: It is, sir. But unless someone else has a temporal wormhole in their pocket I don't know what other options we have other than to settle on Sarras. Hunter Matheson: ::head spins with calculations regarding helm, how it would work, how it wouldn't work, how he could circumvent problems, re-calibrate helm for that kind of thing:: his lips purse in thought::: Irene Mincine: :: Irene nods. :: "About the only thing that's not an 'if' at the moment is that it's our best option so far, in my opinion. Also that I'm going to be a blood bank for a while to support the nanotechnology research, if approved." Cptn Swain: We do have that option.. Sarras. Hunter Matheson: ::then he considers the physical condition of the ship itself and thinks it might be better to just settle in here and live....Sarras?:::: Rhan K'hal: Yoohoo. If I could perhaps make a suggestion? Cptn Swain: ""He frowned:: So we can try the slingshot with, less than great odds. We can try this temporal lube option that....::pauses:: Rhan K'hal: We're not going anywhere right now as it is, so why don't we have engineering continue what they're doing, science do what they need to do try this out, and the rest of us chill planetside unless we're needed? There's no reason to hurry a decision about trying to slingshot until the ship's fixed anyway. William Chocox: If I might throw my opinion into the ring, I really do want to get back home. Hunter Matheson: ::deep breath into an exhale and he leans back against the bulkhead again, checking expressions just for the hell of it::: Cptn Swain: ::He bit his lip:: Because the longer we're here with a floating starship the better chance someone runs across us. Cptn Swain: The Lysander already found us. The Romulans are active in this area as well. To say nothing of the other species of the region. Hunter Matheson: ::pipes up:: Aye, sir. And won't that cut into the timeline... ::sighs:: Irene Mincine: :: Irene was looking determined. :: "I know that I've only been in Starfleet for about 9 months and my opinion doesn't mean much. But I believe the temporal lubricant option will give us the best chance of what I've been able to see so far, sir." Irene Mincine: "Assuming we can overcome the issues with it, of course." Rhan K'hal: So we should take an extreme risk to avoid a moderate risk? I'm not sure that's how I'd use probability in Vegas, sir. Cptn Swain: ::He frowned:: Or we take no risk. Cptn Swain: We scuttle the Excalibur and setup shop on Sarras. William Chocox: Assuming of course that no one finds the wreckage. Cptn Swain: I think we can make relatively certain that happens. ::He glanced towards the star:: Indaura Ryssan: (had to restart, no text) William Chocox: And the evidence that we were on Sarras? Hakran K'hal: Three days, Captain. Give us that long to test viability and gauge the time scale. Cptn Swain: ::He took a deep breath:: Very well. I will take these options into consideration. For now, everyone try to get some rest. Irene Mincine: :: Irene nods, firmly on Hak's side here. :: Maryse Dubois: What if...We manage to get the warp working in good condition, then we get to a safer star system. One we know will not be potentially hostile in the future. Then we can scuttle the ship. William Chocox: (m) Fat chance. Cptn Swain: If someone comes across us, we'll just say we crashed on a freighter. But lot less chance someone will come looking for us if there's no starship in orbit. Maryse Dubois: I'm not keen on living in a region that will be contested. Cptn Swain: I am not keen on living here at all, but it's the safest option to avoid any further contamination of the timeline. Hunter Matheson: ::steps forward::: Captain? Cptn Swain: Yes? Hakran K'hal: :: sighs, messes up his spiky mane even more than it already has been after no personal maintenance since their arrival at Sarras :: Hunter Matheson: The timeline has been contaminated, certainly. What would make it more contaminated would be to stay here, sir. If we really want to do the right thing, it's best to try to get back to our time. If we don't make it, then we're lost in space, but at least there's no more damage done. Cptn Swain: Thank you mister Matheson for your opinion. Cptn Swain: As I said, I will take this all under advisement. Indaura Ryssan: Can we look up our own history? Cptn Swain: Mr. Khal, you have two days to get me something better than "it could work." Cptn Swain: Dismissed. Hakran K'hal: :: Irene :: Looks like sleep can wait a while longer. Let's turn you into a blood bank. Hakran K'hal: :: Maryse :: We could use your help, Doctor. Hunter Matheson: ::pushes off from the bulkhead and waits for the ladies and officers to leave before leaving::: William Chocox: ::walks out, muttering under his breath about impossible deadlines and people making decisions on behalf of others:: Maryse Dubois: ::Nods as she stands.:: Irene Mincine: :: Irene sighs, relieved. She stands up from the table. :: "Yes, sir. I swear my BAC is below the legal limit." Hunter Matheson: :::standing by the door he does a double-take at Doc Dubois, then wonders why he did that::: Rhan K'hal: You'll need me too. Let's go build us a bio-temporal skinsuit for a starship out of Irene! Hunter Matheson: ::and then he wonders if the timeline has already been compromised:: Indaura Ryssan: :: Gets up :: I wish I knew more about temporal mechanics Hakran K'hal: :: pushes himself out of his chair, wobbles bit before catching his balance :: Maryse Dubois: That...sounds disturbing... :;Follows them out.:: Irene Mincine: "If I ever find whoever did this to me, I'm going to rip them limb from limb with my bare hands." :: Follows everyone else out. :: Rhan K'hal: What, it was accurate? Hunter Matheson: ::picking up the rear:: Cptn Swain: ::Alone with his thoughts, and some stirring music:: Hakran K'hal: :: follows last out of the experimental group, looking determined but exhausted :: Hunter Matheson: ::rest, he said... hm...;::: William Chocox: ::winds up in Engineering where he gets back to work:: Rhan K'hal: What makes you think the protohorta would be useful? Hakran K'hal: They excrete the mineral at a microscopic level, which is, after making the adjustments at the atomic layer all we'd need to actually build. Hunter Matheson: ::swivels the helm chair and sits, thinking::: Irene Mincine: "I'm so glad the project got approval. Not so glad about being a sickbay prisoner again." Rhan K'hal: So, we want time-mineral-poo instead of strong-mineral-poo? Irene Mincine: :: Irene nods. :: "Something like that." Hakran K'hal: Assuming this works and we get back, you are NOT writing the report, Rhan. Hakran K'hal: Time-mineral-poo. Honestly. Hunter Matheson: ::still wondering why he feels like he's been here before::: Cptn Swain: ..and... Rhan K'hal: Spoilsport. Irene Mincine: :: Irene grins. :: "I'll write the report and get the promotion." Hunter Matheson: ::waves it off and gets back to work:: Hunter Matheson: ::and the first thing is to oil the helm chair so it doesn't squeak:: Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM Cptn Swain: PAUSE SIM
  25. =/\= Aegis Mission Brief 5/24/19=/\= 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 7 hours. The time is 0700 hours (7:00 AM) Aegis local. Aegean is approaching Nebula 259b. Their target is a star's electromagnetic waves. Alpha watch is on duty. Our "gremlin" is in custody. There may be more gremlins. Communicating is difficult. Security is keeping close watch on the syndicate leader, Crow. Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=BEGIN SIM=/\==/\= Jylliene: ::CnC, Ops:: mimipavilion: ::in medical:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::on the Aegean, starting her shift:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::enters Aegean's bridge:: Chirakis: :::CnC OIC::: Johnson Kenyon: ::in Main engineering receiving orders from Lt Little:: Alexis McFarland: ::still snuggled up in bed, asleep:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::probably on the bridge, since there was nobody in sickbay:: Fletcher Jackson: :::CnC Aux OPS mimipavilion: ::in her office specifically nursing a hangover:: Chirakis: (I presume that is someone else's hangover?) Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::checking on the latest scans and updated simulations:: Scott Coleridge: @::also on the bridge:: mimipavilion: (maybe?) Jylliene: ::The usual morning routine, along with worries about Nijil. Which is also the usual.:: Scott Coleridge: @::glances at the NPC on helm:: Ensign Kel, what's our ETA? Chirakis: :::weaving among the stations while monitoring the tactical screen, as usual::: Scott Coleridge: @Ens Kel> We're approaching the fringes of the nebula, arriving at the designated coordinates in seven minutes, Captain. mimipavilion: ::glad she kept a hypo in her desk for such things:: Chirakis: :::stops near Jylliene::: Any word from Aegean? Johnson Kenyon: ::finishing conversation with Lt Little:: Johnson Kenyon: ::moving to console to read Lt Landru's report:: Jylliene: Nothing yet, ma'am. Shall I call for a check-in? Scott Coleridge: @::Kel:: Very good, take us out of warp when we arrive. Chirakis: No check-ins. It could compromise their position. Jylliene: ::nods:: Yes ma'am. Dacia Sandero: @ ::researching the ion particles and other things inhabiting the nebula:: Scott Coleridge: @::Dran:: This is largely your show, Lieutenant. We'll conduct long-range scans, launch probes, do anything else we need to do, and then once we're ready, plunge in. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes sir. Johnson Kenyon: ::to Lt Little:: I think we should set up some proximity sensors in the critical systems to catch the gremlins Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::final check on the sensor pods:: Johnson Kenyon: Lt Little> Arrange it then. Coordinate your efforts with security. Johnson Kenyon: ::to Lt Little:: Do we have a counter measure yet for the odor? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ :::moves over to the Ops station. Updates the sensor timing schedule:: Johnson Kenyon: Lt Little> Ensign Sartrou is working on it.. ::chuckles:: Apparently Vulcans can forgo sleep as they please. Fletcher Jackson: ::it's a very quiet watch so far and he wonders why::: Johnson Kenyon: ::to Little:: Perhaps Ens Sartrou should work with someone in Science Jylliene: ::ponders installation of some kind of tracking collar for Nijil that might register an alarm or restrain him to the station:: Johnson Kenyon: Lt Little> I'll suggest it Fletcher Jackson: ::general stuff - requisitions, requests to dock, someone wants a table at Blubby's... huh???::: Scott Coleridge: @::Dacia:: It'll be interesting to see if we can learn if this phenomenon has much effect on biological tissue. That geologist they rescued... Dr. Burberry? He was on that planetoid for a while, was he not? Any signs of effects from this wave? Johnson Kenyon: Very well, then I'll get with security. Dacia Sandero: @That's right, Dr Burberry. 10 years I think? I am picking up some residual effects which I believe could be from the wave. Johnson Kenyon: ::moves to a quiet section of Main Engineering: +SECURITY+ Lieutenant Kenyon to Security Scott Coleridge: ((Poor Dr. Brubaker)) Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Garand here. Go ahead. Scott Coleridge: @Ens. Kel> Dropping to warp, sir. Dacia Sandero: (yesh) Chirakis: Garand> ::thumbing through reports::: mimipavilion: ::does paperwork:: Dacia Sandero: @::analysing her findings of the energy wave::: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Lt Little suggested I contact Security to arrange for a way to better correct our Gremlin problem. Scott Coleridge: @::keeps an eye on the defenses they've created, though there's relatively little danger this far out:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ I take it you have read Lt Landru's report? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Preliminary scans underway. Chirakis: Garand> Hm... +Kenyon+ We're working on our little friend now, and yes, I read the report. Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ How about you come down here. Things are a little dicey. And you might want to bring a rebreather. :::wry suggestion:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::sets her journal on the edge of the console. Making comparison notes from current scans to previous:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ I'm going to set up some proximity sensors at key systems... do you want to be able to watch them on your console? Tarisa: ::Arrives onto the CnC, looking around before heading to her station.:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Err somewhere :: Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Affirmative. Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ Dicey? We have our resident Vulcan engineer working on a counter agent to the stink. Fletcher Jackson: ::reaches for his cup, and it's empty:: mimipavilion: ::gets a message that a woman has come in to medical ready to deliver:: Alright then. mimipavilion: ::goes and gets ready for delivery:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Radiation levels within predicted ranges. Our shielding should be good at this distance. Scott Coleridge: @::notes that Nijil will probably be coming on duty soon, now that he has taken extra time to catch up on his sleep per orders:: Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Apparently it's not working as well as we hoped. Or it could be residual odor. Whatever.. it's not comfy down here. ::coughs:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ What have you tried? Scott Coleridge: @ What about once we're in the nebula proper? How close do you think we can get before it becomes an issue? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Getting himself together, but not feeling well. One too many of something or one of the wrong thing :: Chirakis: Garand> ::continues with his reports, giving a cough now and then:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Arrives on the bridge :: Johnson Kenyon: +Ens Sartrou+ Have you found the solution to the stink? Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Looking green... :: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ That is actually my biggest question and what started my research. Radiation should be near lethal exposure within 0.8 AU from the star. Dacia Sandero: @ ::glances at Nijil:: You all right? Tarisa: Miana> ::Starting to wake up, after have a bit of a scary night.:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> +Kenyon+ I have discovered that it is a particular mixture of sulfur compounds and I have found something that will lessen the effect Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Na, but I have duties to perform. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ The planet's average orbit was at 0.46 AU. Alexis McFarland: ::stirs in her sleep, shifting positions:: Jylliene: ::quick mental image of Nijil getting a jolt as he tries to board the Nei'rrh; slight grin:: Johnson Kenyon: +Ens Sartrou+ I think Lt Garand would appreciate whatever you can provide him Jylliene: ::returns to the usual duties:: Dacia Sandero: @ If you're feeling unwell, I can check on you. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: takes a station on the bridge, configures it for engineering functions :: Scott Coleridge: Hmm. Chirakis: Garand> :::wandering from his station to the brig where our little gremlin is, and it's looking pretty sad, but he can't do anything about that::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I am not sure much can be done. Scott Coleridge: @ Hmm ::counts on his fingers:: That is... less than 0.8 AU Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> +Kenyon+ I shall report to the brig at once Dacia Sandero: @ ::bit concerned:: Ok, but let me know if you feel worse. Fletcher Jackson: ::stands, grabbing his cup and turns to Jylliene::: Coffee, ma'am? It smells fresh. Jylliene: Please and thank you. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ A cautious approach would be best as we test our shielding capacity. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Oh au will be the first to know. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The shield configuration is optimal. Chirakis: Garand> ::to Schmidt:: Figured out a way to communicate yet? mimipavilion: ::the women is ready and so is Mimi:: Alright ma'am, now... push. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::stopping by Main Engineering to fashion an aerosolizer:: Dacia Sandero: @::resuming her work on the energy waves and its effects:: Scott Coleridge: @ Agreed. ::Kell:: When Lt. Dran is ready, we'll enter the nebula and stop at 0.8 AU from the star for our next tests. mimipavilion: ::she pushed:: Chirakis: Schmidt> ::Garand:: Well, sir, I know quite a few languages, but even the computer can't decipher what it's trying to say. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::jotting more notes as sensor readings come in::The current theory is the waves are dampening the radiation somehow. Johnson Kenyon: ::putting work orders in for proximity alarms at critical points... setting up a few at areas where these gremlins might frequent according to Lt Landru's map:: Fletcher Jackson: :::filling the cups, he also brings her favorite donut::: Here you go, ma'am. ::sets it next to her::: mimipavilion: ::to the woman:: alright, take a moment, now on the next contraction push as hard as you can. Chirakis: Garand> :::eyes the gremlin::: Tried pictures? Jylliene: ::grins:: Thank you again. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Adjustments based on newest scans complete. We should be good to proceed. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Doctor, are there any medical concerns from this wave? Ones that would affect certain people and not others? Jylliene: ::returns to the reports:: Chirakis: Schmidt> ::Garand:: Pictures? Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::aerosolizer collected and loaded, heading to the brig:: Alexis McFarland: ::opens her eyes and starts to wake up, shimmies her way into her hover chair:: Chirakis: Garand> Yes, Ensign. You know.... things that look like what you see? Sketches? Images? mimipavilion: ::the lady pushes on the next contraction:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::walking into the brig area:: Chirakis: Schmidt> ::Garand:: Good idea, sir. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::carrying his aerosolizer... looks at Lt Garand:: Chirakis: Garand> Let me know when you make progress. ::he turns to see Sartrou:: Hello, Ensign. Gonna fix this stinky mess? Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> It's not an immediate remedy, but it will lessen the odor Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> However, I will need to apply it to the source for best efficacy Chirakis: Garand> ::Sartrou:: We sure hope so. ::turns:: Schmidt, I'll be at.... Chirakis: Garand> ::blink:: Apply it to the source? Fletcher Jackson: ::the second cup always tastes better than the first::: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> Did it release an odor or is it the odor? mimipavilion: ::the baby is finally delivered and starts crying, she cuts the cord and tends to the baby while a nurse tends to the mother:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Well, of course it seems the star is in a less active cycle. I would much prefer we test against the waves effect at a distance. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The shields on this vessel are more powerful than that of the Nei'rrh. Chirakis: Garand> It's a continual odor. I'm not sure if it releases the odor or it needs a bath. Alexis McFarland: ::emerges from the bathroom and quickly dresses, a blouse and skirt:: Scott Coleridge: @::dryly:: I'll have to see if we can schedule a follow-up mission during the wet season. Tarisa: Miana> ::Finished getting ready for the day.:: Dacia Sandero: @ ::finds the sciencey wave research fascinating:: mimipavilion: ::takes the baby girl to her parents:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes sir. More data points are always useful. Chirakis: ::wanders toward Tarisa::: Any progress on your research, Commander? Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> I suggest we apply it to our guest, but we can also try the air in here. Chirakis: Garand> Hey, we're game for anything. I can't even go to quarters without the wife telling me how much I stink. Jylliene: ::sips the coffee, approving some requisitions, asking for clarification on others:: Johnson Kenyon: ::making his work orders high priority:: Chirakis: Garand> Let's try the air first. It's a slippery little shi* so going in there is not advised. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> Let's begin by spraying the air then Chirakis: Garand> Do we need to step away? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Coming into range. Beginning primary sensor sweeps. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::begins spraying the air:: No, sir. I believe you may need to be treated as well. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::gets the mission pods set to their various tasks:: Chirakis: Garand> ::turning his head away anyway::: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ :: Checks the probe loadouts :: Chirakis: Garand> ::and stepping aside::: Chirakis: 10:45 PM Tarisa: ::Looks up.:: No progress as of yet, Captain. But there is something I would like to discuss. Chirakis: ::nod:: Of course. mimipavilion: ::helps move the family to a more comfortable room and then goes and enters the new member into the system:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::finishes spraying the room:: Tarisa: It might be more appropriate if it were private. It is a concern Lt. Dran shared with me. Chirakis: My office, then. :::turns toward her office::: Commander Kital, you have the con. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ What an area of space. Jylliene: Acknowledged. I have the con. Tarisa: ::Follows Chirakis to her office.:: Dacia Sandero: @ Yeah, it is very interesting innit? Chirakis: Garand> ::sniff.... sniff sniff:::: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::stops spraying:: it may take a bit for full effect, but you should notice some improvement within 10 minutes Chirakis: Garand> I think that actually worked. ::takes a good look at the container::: Do we need to spray regularly? Alexis McFarland: ::eating some breakfast of toast, juice and cereal:: Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> Only if the source is not treated. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Computer is mapping the inside of the star now. Chirakis: ::enters and offers Tarisa a chair as the door closes behind them::: Johnson Kenyon: ((aerosol spray smell is something like tomatoes)) Scott Coleridge: @ Will you be able to detect if your strangelet suspicions are correct from this distance? Tae'Lynn Dran: @ ::looking at the raw numbers:: Chirakis: ((Better than the alternative.)) Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::to Lt Garand:: I will leave this with you then and make others. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Probably not. I hope not. If so then it's probably past containment. Chirakis: Garand> ::slight grin:: Thanks. Makes me hungry for home grown tomatoes. Tarisa: ::Takes a seat.:: This will not be long. Lt. Dran is concerned that her current research may be used for weaponization. I too am worried. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> If you are hungry, I can arrange for something to be brought up to you. Tarisa: I offered to bring it up to you, in hopes that you would be able to lock it away once we have found what we are looking for. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ The station core may have an easier time with the data sets. Chirakis: ::serious expression::: A valid concern. Tarisa: ::Nods.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Scans ARE showing abnormalities within the star. Something beyond the norm is going on with its structure. Johnson Kenyon: ::heading out with a box of proximity sensors:: Chirakis: Commander, everything that pertains to Lt Dran's research and all information that comes from Aegean's findings are highly classified. Johnson Kenyon: Ens Sartrou> ::exiting the brig:: Jylliene: ::paces:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Have we anything like it on record? Jylliene: ::wonders if that's something that one does automatically when they have the con:: Chirakis: However, since you are concerned, we will keep a close watch on it. Tae'Lynn Dran: @ No records I have access to. Fletcher Jackson: :::watching the commander as she paces just like the captain:::weird::: Tarisa: Thank you Captain. That is reassuring. Scott Coleridge: @ I suppose the only thing we can do, then, is get closer. Chirakis: 10:55 PM Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes sir. Scott Coleridge: @ And hope our shields hold up well enough for us to get some answers. Scott Coleridge: @ Helm, take us in to 0.45 AU, just inside that planetoid's orbit. Johnson Kenyon: ::setting up proximity sensors and programming them to relays to engineering and security:: Chirakis: Actually... to add to that... everyone who is allowed in CnC is strictly vetted. If there is any breach, we will know instantly and it will be rectified. Dacia Sandero: @ ::Looks out at the view screen:: Tarisa: ::Nods in relief.:: I understand. Chirakis: If you have further concerns, my door is always open. Nijil tr'Korjata: @ I sincerely hope there is no who we need to deal with regarding this star. Chirakis: 10:58 PM Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Interesting. ::taking more notes:: Johnson Kenyon: +Garand+ The proximity alarms are being set up as we speak. I'll send someone from engineering to set up your console to receive them. Chirakis: Garand> +Kenyon+ Understood. Scott Coleridge: @ Ens. Kel> 0.45 AU attained, sir. Johnson Kenyon: ::returning to Main Engineering to check the sensors:: Nijil tr'Korjata: @ Shields functioning. Scott Coleridge: @ Well, we'll soon see what we find from here. Chirakis: (last words) Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Yes, this range should improve scan resolution. Tarisa: :;Stands.:: Thank you, Captain. ::Quietly exits.:: Tae'Lynn Dran: @ Incoming wave! Oh, look at all those data points. Scott Coleridge: @ACTION> All the alarms on Aegean go off as the star's wave generation spikes and enters an "active" phase without warning. Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: =/\==/\=PAUSE SIM=/\==/\= Chirakis: 5/24/19 Chirakis: Thank you. Chirakis: NO TBS. Captain Coleridge, comments? Scott Coleridge: Nope Chirakis: Questions or comments from the crew? Chirakis: Seeing none.. Chirakis: Crew dismissed. Be well. Be Safe. Don’t forget your towel.
  26. Mission Brief | Sky Harbor Aegis |24 May 2019 16 May 2388 - Stardate 2388.137 TBS is 7 hours. The time is 0700 hours (07:00 AM) Aegis local. Aegean is approaching its target and will soon begin investigating Nebula 259b. Engineering is still struggling to find the cause of and fix the glitches before the nusinces escalate. The energy being we call Shadow has informed Captain Chirakis of a possible danger to the station. Our gremlin is in custody. Communication with it has been difficult.
  27. Darker Shadows Chirakis August 11, 2418 Address to the 115th Xenobiology Symposium Dr. Jeffrey Kjeldsen, MD The Shadow Being Consider, if you will, a universe in which there is no time and no finite space. There is nothing solid, nor is there anything biological. In fact, in this universe all things, all beings, exist and interact as pure energy. There is no linear time, nor is there cyclical time. Time exists. Time is. Past, present, and future are one. Moreover, there is no finite space. There are no boundaries whatsoever. Imagine this universe and put it as firmly into your mind as you can. With that firmly in mind, imagine that at this very instant, without any warning whatsoever, you are transported into that universe. Your body is intact. You are fully clothed. You have in your pockets what you had when you left the house this morning. Absolutely nothing has changed, except that the universe in which you lived a split second before has transformed into a totally alien universe—a timeless, limitless, universe inhabited by beings of pure energy. You have no idea what happened. You think that it is a dream. You try to shake yourself awake, but you can’t, no matter what you do. Then you become confused. You look for a way to get back to where you were. You grope everywhere looking for a door, an opening, or something that will help you escape. But there is none. You cannot return to your own universe. You are, in essence, stuck in this universe for eternity. You must sustain yourself. You must fend for yourself. You must find food, shelter, companionship—everything that sustained you in your own universe. Pause right now, take a minute, and consider that. Is it even remotely imaginable how you would survive in a universe without time, without distance, without solids, liquids, or gasses? I would wager that most of you would be dumbfounded at such a fantasy, yet this is exactly what happened—in reverse—to a being that has hitherto been a closely guarded military secret. This is what happened to the being that has come to be known as Shadow. According to Starfleet records, this interdimensional energy being was snatched from its own dimension and trapped in ours when an alien subspace probe created a dimensional rift in the vicinity of Sky Harbor Aegis 30 years ago, on February 1, 2388. After a long period of adjustment and a steep learning curve, the being and the crew accepted each other. The crew eventually named the being Shadow. For ease of communication, it is referred to in the masculine. Shadow is a sentient being who exhibits intelligence, reason, emotion, and the will to survive. He is in need of companionship, shelter, and sustenance. In short, he possesses everything we possess except for a biological body. He exists today, trapped in our universe of finite space and time, in a secure facility. After 30 years he is still uncomfortable. He still puzzles over much that he finds in this reality. * * * * * * * Sky Harbor Aegis May 16, 2388—0100 hours Aegis local Activity in Aegis Command and Control had settled into its normal pace. Freighters continued to come and go. Their time was not Aegis local, so to meet deadlines they docked, processed their cargo, then left. Another freighter took its place and the circle continued ad infinitum. At 0100, Delta/Graveyard watch began. It was not unusual for Delta personnel to see their commanding officer still present that time of night—or morning—and this morning was no different. Her personal console continued to scroll general information, and her usual leisurely pace continued, as though nothing out of the ordinary had happened. In truth, their captain awaited information on Aegean’s progress, their findings so far, and anything else pertinent to the mission. However, Aegean had not yet approached its target in Nebula 259b. In addition, with the aid of Engineering Lieutenant Landru, security had cornered a gremlin—for lack of another name—that was fiddling with electronic equipment in an unfinished area of the station known as " below decks". The being was taken into custody and secured in a detainment cell with the highest level of air filtration possible. If the gremlin had no other weapon, it could always use its scent to deter enemies. Lt Garand had begun to wonder if the being was related to the black and white striped skunk of earth. If nothing else, it verified Billy’s, “And they stink, and I mean really stink. Like they … poop all over the place.” In essence, Charlie watch had not been dull. It had been productive. Delta settled in as ordinary, normal, and maybe a little boring. And it was. Kind of. For the next hour, the usual gentle hum of collaboration, occasional movement from one station to another, and forwarding pertinent material to Officer In Command, LCdr Bryer continued. Until, “What the shi*??? What in the friggin universe is that??” froze the personnel, including OIC Bryer. A spectre resembling a male humanoid had materialized by the command lift. It seemed to be outlined with a Starfleet uniform, though it was difficult to tell. It floated toward Kirel and took a more solid form. Boots slowly formed, slowly becoming somewhat solid, and it began to walk instead of float. The uniform was definitely Starfleet. Fortunately, the commander recognized Shadow and ordered a stand down. A few resumed their duties, but most of them were mesmerized. Kirel waved Shadow toward her office door, then turned to face the crew. “Let me be very clear,” she began, calm but direct. “What you just witnessed did not happen. You did not see it. This will be entered into your records as an anomaly. Any breach of this command will result in instant court martial. Is that clear?” “Yes, ma'am,” came loud and clear, without a twitch. “Good. Continue watch, Commander. I will be in my office.” * * * * * * * Since Kirel didn’t have the ability to walk through the door without opening it, she waited until it closed behind her. “I assume that you have a good reason for this,” she said as she settled in. “The Jake. Primary,” Shadow began, struggling to form audible words. “Are you looking for him?” “Not look. Know.” “So you know where Jake is and that he is safe?” “Yes. Safe. The Jake...safe. The Billy… safe. The below… not… safe.” Noticing that Shadow’s color was changing and knowing that the change was a sign of anxiety, she pressed him. “Shadow, you must be more specific. You know that Jake and Billy are safe. Who or what is not safe below?” After a moment of thought, Shadow approached the desk and merged with Kirel’s console. An image of the gremlin appeared. “This one,” came from the console, “Safe. Another. Below. Not like this. Not safe.” “Can you show me an image?” “No image,” came the reply as Shadow emerged from the console and hovered close to Kirel. “Know. Feel. Energy negative. Shadow positive. The Chirakis positive. The Jake positive. Below is... negative.” His energy was clearly waning. “Negative energy from a person? A sentient being?” “Per...son. What is?” “A being like me, Shadow A person is a being.” “Yes. Per...son. Large. Tall. Anger much. Much… negative… energy.” He was beginning to fade. “Where is it, Shadow?” she implored. “Tell me where.” “The… Crow…” He managed to say before vanishing to regenerate around the engine core. “The Crow,” Kirel repeated on a sigh.
  28. = /\ = USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1031, STARDATE 51905.20 = /\ = Manticore was sent to investigate the destruction of Starbase 392 and instead found a mystery much greater than they bargained of which originated from a massive data breach at Starfleet. Aginst "official" orders the crew has decided to continue the investigation. They were diverted to Starbase 381 and found the USS Honshu under foreign control. After a brief battle the Honshu was disabled and the engineering team able to regain control of the ship then persued the enemy through a cloaked minedfield and ended up at an asteroid base guarded by USS Ethan Carter, one of the two escort ships from Starbase 392. Thanks to a spy among the lower ranks, Manticore once again came under control of the enemy. Thanks to Chief Jaenke's prevention methods the ship wasn't long under enemy control. A battle ensued both inside and outside the ship with Manticore ultimately the winner thanks to a little help from Section 31. Now starts the clean up. = /\ = END USS MANTICORE BRIEFING #1031, STARDATE 51905.20 = /\ = 190520.log
  1. Load more activity