Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KhreRiovtRex

RES Talon Mission Briefing 51703.09

RES Talon Mission Briefing 51703.09

As additional troops and assistance continues to filter in, the crew is finally able to start focusing on ourselves a but, rather than just those around us. t'Vatrix has discussed the crew structure with Laeh and NDak, and have sorted out for now how that will be handled. The others are starting to look into finding friends and family, while we get updates on the status of the Talon and our future plans

Meanwhile.....someone has realized that during all of this, t'Ksa has had her annual celebration of her birth...and has left a small box of sweet cakes and pastries for her

BEGIN SIM

BEGIN SIM

BEGIN SIM

(And..BTW....Happy Birthday and welcome back tKsa)

KhreRiovtRex -> ::turns to NDak:: One of the chief things we need to make sure of, is that the technology that the Stinger uses to hide itself, and the information we had brought back with us, including the equipment installed on Talon, on how to break through and find them.....

Laehval tTemarr -> ( So are we still in the camps? Or back on the Talon? Or Stinger? Or what? )

KhreRiovtRex -> we need to make sure that our ships here, and any being built, rebuilt or joining us are able to detect them...

KhreRiovtRex -> (we were at the camp and with Stinger, cause it would have been rude to have left tKsa...and Talon's still being fixed. Not sure where Pexil is, he was about to leave with his florist and tA

NDak -> ::Nods:: Ie. I have already begun to assemble a crew for the Stinger, having anticipated that I would command it and na Talon.

KhreRiovtRex -> and Koga....if there is alcohol, I'm sure he's went off to find)(you can all move to where you wanted to be besides here....I had half expected people to be off in log locations..so totally up to you all where you want to start)

KhreRiovtRex -> ::quirks a brow at him:: Oh...really...?

Lerak trPexil -> :: Reading about those mines, wondering when they were last used. ::

NDak -> ::Smirks:: I did na expect to command the Talon, and I had a small group of crew who I had used to staff her, rhae au absence.

KhreRiovtRex -> ::smirks back:: That could have been interesting, had Laehval chosen to keep the Stinger....

KhreRiovtRex -> But...it's well that you did. We're going to need some presumptuous individuals, that are willing to step up and be able to command.

NDak -> Ambition was always io of my failings, was is na?

KhreRiovtRex -> ::claps him on the shoulder:: Na...it is na. Hnah.....do au know where Laehval has gotten off to? It might be well for us to check on the repair status of the Talon

Lerak trPexil -> :: Looks at t'Temmar :: What did au think? Au have hardly spoken on our trip back? ::KhreRiovtRex -> (brb, need to go grab some more cough medicine, can't breathe)

Koga S'Bien -> ::Wandering around the town, looking at shops and stuff::

M_K_tKsa -> ::taking a few moments to herself just outside the camp, trying to figure out what to do::

Lerak trPexil -> :: Being a passenger and not piloting was always a bit disorienting to him on smaller modes of transport ::

NDak -> ::Shaes his head:: Na, though I thought I saw them near the transports. Perhaps they are still there?

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::Laehval glanced over at Lerak.:: Family... always turns me inside out. I don't know why. Perhaps because I've never liked mine.

KhreRiovtRex -> Perhaps... I know many of our people now that we've gotten relief, have went to check on family and friends....or, even their homes to see if they still.......:: cuts off::

Lerak trPexil -> # Oh, well they liked au... I think they believed au were na real, after all of my talk and no visit for years.

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::She took the skimmer over the next rise, angling it (more or less) in the direction of the refugee camp.:: I envy your relationship with yours. ::Turing back to the landscape.::

Koga S'Bien -> @ ::having a nice little stroll, taking in the sites and sounds of the town::

NDak -> ::He glanced towards her sympathetically. It could na be easy for her, he knew.::

KhreRiovtRex -> ::she turned away briefly, trying to regain her composure:::

Lerak trPexil -> # Really? I guess I never thought about it.

KhreRiovtRex -> :: don't cry....you can't cry....you're not allowed to cry....too many others have loses too....you're not allowed to cry::

Lerak trPexil -> # Au may visit when au feel the need, just don't give up those entry codes.

Lerak trPexil -> # Elements, they opened up my place to Nalia, who none of us really know, but my father... well, he's really a stickler for keeping people in check.

NDak -> ::He put a hand on her shoulder:: I should attend to staffing the Stinger. I will send a full report on the cloaking device and their friend-or-foe systems to Laehval, fleet command, and au.

KhreRiovtRex -> ::turns back towards him:: Apologies...I was ...distracted. While we have this time for our crew, what of your plans? Just remember, au sister......is still around, and she only had one wish for au as well.Lerak trPexil -> # Sorry if my place reminds au of a ship, well, it was a ship, just a little buried in the ground.

KhreRiovtRex -> Very well...I will....leave au to it. I have a few others, that I need to check in with. If au will excuse me. ::appreciating his gesture, but.....still na used to it from him, or the others::

KhreRiovtRex -> Let me know if au need anything Destorie, I still have some pull around Galae Headquarters.......some...

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::She laughed aloud.:: Lerak, why would a ship bother me? My home is a ship. I am more comfortable on ships than off them. I liked your house.

Koga S'Bien -> (It's a very, very, very fine house...)

KhreRiovtRex -> (rofl!)

M_K_tKsa -> ::makes a few notes on her ISD, then glances up to watch some of the locals near the stream::

Lerak trPexil -> # It's just a bit on the nose, plus no one was buying it. :: moves closer :: It's...unique

NDak -> ::he nodded:: Hann'yyo.

Lerak trPexil -> # Na like I get to see it much

Koga S'Bien -> ::finds a pub, and orders some ale and something to eat::

Lerak trPexil -> # :: Looks back at the bottles of wine he brought with them :: I hope the crop is able to be saved, won't know until next season.

KhreRiovtRex -> If au will excuse me....I have a few people I need to find......and I want to check on someone...

NDak -> Ie, of course.

Lerak trPexil -> # At any rate, I hope on a proper shore leave you'll consider a longer stay.

KhreRiovtRex -> ::turns back and heads back towards the tent that had been used for the medical research tKsa had been working on::

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::She threw him another glance.:: I told au that I was na a good house guest. I do na... socialize... well. I thought I'd proven that already.

KhreRiovtRex -> (did they have to take a rolled up newspaper to you!?)

Koga S'Bien -> ::tucks into his food, and ale wondering how he'd spend his free time::

Lerak trPexil -> # It does na matter to me, and neither to any of them. Besides, my sister socializes enough for all of us.

Lerak trPexil -> (might be in the after dark log)

KhreRiovtRex -> ::arrives at the makeshift building and enters, looking for someone that could answer her questions::

Laehval tTemarr -> # Ie, she does. ::A ghost of a smile tugged at her lips.:: Why do au think au are so close to your family? What was your childhood like?

KhreRiovtRex -> ::sees a few ot the medical staff:: Excuse me, but have any of au seen t'Ksa? Is she still around the camp, or has she taken a conveyance to check on family matters?

Lerak trPexil -> # Given the current climate I think I was rather lucky, but when younger I just behaved myself.

M_K_tKsa -> tr'Rehu>::seeing t'Rex/Valtrix:: Ah, na. She's still here. She's taken a break for a bit. Not sure where she got on to, though?

Lerak trPexil -> # It does not feel so close, but I know yours has been rough. :: places his hand on her shoulder for a moment ::

KhreRiovtRex -> I see. Hann'yyo, perhaps I will see her while I make my rounds. If au do happen to see her, if au would ask her to stop by and see me, if she could spare a siuren, it would be appreciated? Hann'yyo

Lerak trPexil -> # Once I started my career I behaved there too, until that time I was nearly killed by that woman

M_K_tKsa -> tr'Rehu>Of course, rekkhai. ::nods::

KhreRiovtRex -> Before I go, is there anything that au and the staff need? Have au had relief yet to go check on au families and homes yet? If na, and Koga is na around to set it up, let me know, I will make sure someone takes au where au need.

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::She threw him a glance and smirked.:: Oh, ie? Did she nearly murder au? Do tell.

Lerak trPexil -> # :: Pulls up his shirt... :: Au have seen this scar before and felt it as well.

M_K_tKsa -> tr'Rehu>I'll check with the others, but as far as I know we're fine for supplies and staff now that the reinforcements have arrived. Only trying to convince them to let the civilians lead has been problematic, but otherwise we're okay.

Lerak trPexil -> # She felt cheated because I used my engineering knowledge to undercut her at a particular intelligence gathering exercise.

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::She threw his wound a glance.:: Au must have done something terrible to warrant that.

Lerak trPexil -> # Guess io cut for another

.KhreRiovtRex -> Very well. Hann'yyo ::nods and exits finding herself outside again, and feeling very small and alone amidst the large camp::

Laehval tTemarr -> (brb)

Lerak trPexil -> # I caused her to fail the test...but the Tal Shiar found a use for her last I heard.

M_K_tKsa -> tr'Rehu>::mutters under his breath, but then goes back to work::

KhreRiovtRex -> ::wonders if she should go back to talk with Ndak some more....but doesn't want to be crowding him, as he builds his new staff, so decides to just walk. She thought she had seen a small tavern that had reopened recently and headed there::

Laehval tTemarr -> # As they do for many.

KhreRiovtRex -> 2 minute warning

Lerak trPexil -> # Can I ask au something while I have au?

Laehval tTemarr -> # ::Slight eyebrow lift.:: Ie?

M_K_tKsa -> t'Barel>::collecting some ISDs and talking with the locals::

Lerak trPexil -> # I had na intended to bring Nalia along, but I did and my sister will be getting her back on her feet... I did na mean to stir any feels by doing so.

KhreRiovtRex -> ::finds the pub and enters, obtaining a large bottle of some of the stronger spirits they have and looks for a place to sit.

KhreRiovtRex -> ::thinks she sees Koga off towards the back and wanders over that way...

PAUSE SIM

PAUSE SIM

PAUSE SIM

Laehval tTemarr -> That wasn't a question, Pexil.

Koga S'Bien -> ::paused::

KhreRiovtRex -> (I'll cut that back up into the log when I post)

KhreRiovtRex -> Ok...so work on your family issues, we'll be getting back to ships and away from the camps shortly...

KhreRiovtRex -> if anyone has anything in particular that you want to do or have time for, just let Laeh or I know and we'll work that time in for you.

KhreRiovtRex -> Otherwise, does anyone have anything else?

KhreRiovtRex -> Ok, I'm still getting over the flu, got hit hard, so need to head back to bed. Hope you all have a nice weekend and that you don't catch this bug. Night all. Crew Dismissed