Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cdr Miranda Hawthorne

USS Excalibur Sim Log - 03.05.17

MISSION BRIEF: Excalibur has returned to Earth orbit and has docked at McKinley Station where a team of engineers have begun to remove the experimental bits of the slipstream drive. Now-Commander Ithene Vallorn has already departed for her new role aboard the USS Grace Hopper as XO. An unknown VIP is scheduled to arrive soon and senior staff have been gathered in docking area.

Cptn Swain -> BEGIN SIM

Cptn Swain -> BEGIN SIM

Cptn Swain -> BEGIN SIM

Hakran K'hal -> :: in the docking area, gathered ::

Tandaris Admiran -> ((Are we in regular or dress uniform?))

Cptn Swain -> (( Dress Uniform because I am feeling jaunty ))

Maryse Dubois -> ((boo))

Tandaris Admiran -> ::standing around in his dress uniform:: Finally got the shoulders right.

William Chocox -> ::fidgets in his dress uniform:: I never seem to get mine right.

Hunter Matheson -> ::proudly decked out in Marine Blues as the awesome Marine he is::

Maryse Dubois -> ::Walking towards the docking port. She hates wearing the dress uniform, cause it prevents her from wearing her lab coat.::

Hunter Matheson -> (so you hide something under there, doc?)

Maryse Dubois -> ((Maybe ;) ))

Hunter Matheson -> (uh... ok)

Maryse Dubois -> ((I can't conceal an emergency hypo in my dress))

Maryse Dubois -> ::Steps into the docking port, sighing when she greets everyone else.::

Hunter Matheson -> ::already at the docking area:::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::Miranda stood at loose attention in her dress uniform, though her gaze was distant and unfocused.::

Tandaris Admiran -> So any word on who, exactly, we're receiving?

Maryse Dubois -> ::Shrugs.:: Probably a big surprise.

Hakran K'hal -> Someone that rates fancy

William Chocox -> I tend not to like surprises.

Cptn Swain -> ACTION> The sound of docking pod connecting with the airlock is quickly followed by a bosun's whistle.

Hunter Matheson -> ::offhanded:: Life is full of surprises.

Hunter Matheson -> ::snaps to::

Hakran K'hal -> :: straightens to attention ::

Maryse Dubois -> ::Amends:: Excalibur is full of surprises. ::Straightens up.::

Hunter Matheson -> ::sharp pivot toward the airlock::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::Though lost in her own thoughts, the whistle snapped her free and she slid to attention, facing the airlock.::

Cptn Swain -> ::Exits the airlock in his own dress uniform, flanked by crewman::

Hunter Matheson -> ::salute::

William Chocox -> ::salutes::

Cptn Swain -> Computer, as of 1340 hours, note that Captain Asher Swain is now in command of the USS Excalibur.

Cptn Swain -> ::Hands Miranda a PADD::

Maryse Dubois -> :;Smiles.::

Hakran K'hal -> :: thinks "Ah, so that's who that is." ::

Hunter Matheson -> ::will hold the salute until it is returned or the officer gives the order:::

Hunter Matheson -> ::which might be until the cows come home:::

Cptn Swain -> At ease.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::She saluted and took the padd.:: Welcome back, sir.

William Chocox -> Yes, welcome back.

Hunter Matheson -> ::stands easy::

Cptn Swain -> Good to be back. You'll forgive me for the ceremony, but I didn't get to do this the first time I took command. ::Grins:: It's the little things.

Hunter Matheson -> ::slight grin::

Hakran K'hal -> :: returns to rest position and continues to study the old CO that'll be his new CO ::

Maryse Dubois -> Just as long as you aren't dragging any admirals in behind you. ::smirks.:: Welcome back.

William Chocox -> ::goes wide eyed:: (w)Please no Admirals.

Tandaris Admiran -> We missed you.

Cptn Swain -> One of them wanted to come along. I told him I thought the crew had likely had their fill of them for a while.

Maryse Dubois -> Indeed.

Cptn Swain -> ::Smirks:: From the reports it sounds like you've been awfully busy.

Tandaris Admiran -> Emphasis on the "awful"

Hunter Matheson -> ::stifles a snort::

Cptn Swain -> Now now. I am sure it wasn't all that bad.

Hunter Matheson -> ::barely::

William Chocox -> It was.

Cptn Swain -> Anyway, you're dismissed. Consider yourselves on leave for a few days until repairs are made.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: trots into the docking area :: Shoot, I missed it. Transporters were backed up.

Cptn Swain -> Our new orders are cut, but they can wait.

Maryse Dubois -> Will we be getting our full crew compliment as well?

Hakran K'hal -> :: looks over at his brother, ears flatten ::

Cptn Swain -> ::Nods:: Yes, we'll be taking on a number of new crew members, including some new flight crew and a new Chief of Security.

Cptn Swain -> He should be here in a few days.

Maryse Dubois -> ::Nods.::

Cptn Swain -> ::Smiles to Miranda, he didn't want to mention Ithene, he knew it was a sore subject for her.:: Anyway, spend a few days relaxing. Then we'll get back to work.

Hunter Matheson -> ::relieved knowing he's going to be, well, relieved:::

William Chocox -> (w)::Tandy:: How does one "relax"? ::smirks::

Maryse Dubois -> ::Looks over at Rhan.::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::She glanced down at the padd and thumbed through the orders, but didn't comment. After a moment, she tucked her hands behind her and returned her attention to Swain.:: Did you enjoy yourself, at least?

Tandaris Admiran -> ::Chocox:: Um … I’m not sure as your superior officer I’m allowed to talk to you about those kinds of things in a workplace environment.

Tandaris Admiran -> ::Chocox:: Your parents should really have addressed that part of your education.

Cptn Swain -> I suppose. It was a busy three months.

Cptn Swain -> ::Smiles, running a hand through his hair.:: But, I am glad to be back at work.

William Chocox -> ::Tandy:: That's not what I meant.

Hunter Matheson -> Glad to have you back, Sir.

Cptn Swain -> ::Surreptitiously shows Miranda his left hand and the small, gold and silver band::

Tandaris Admiran -> ::Chocox:: Of course, food works too. One of my previous hosts relaxed with sugary delicacies.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: not exactly expecting a warm welcome back by anyone... and decides to avoid his brother for the time being so he doesn't get punched in the first five minutes back ::

Cptn Swain -> ((I almost spelled that right. :/))

Hunter Matheson -> (looks fine to me since it translates)

Cptn Swain -> ACTION> Will has a box of 'fun' things in his quarters gift wrapped from Ithene.

Tandaris Admiran -> ::looks from Rhan to Hakran:: Two K'hals in the same place at the same time?

Maryse Dubois -> ::Approaching Rhan.:: You know, I'm not sure if I should be angry or just happy to see you. ::Arms folded.::

Cptn Swain -> ::Glances over the Khals, decides to chide Rhan for his rash behavior later and let the crew apply peer pressure.::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::Her eyebrows lifted at the flash of jewelry.:: Did you change your name or are you hyphenating? ::The first flash of a smile appeared.::

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> I'm sure a bit of both wouldn't be out of place.

Cptn Swain -> Neither. We decided to both keep our names. ::Smirks::

Hunter Matheson -> ::Rhan, since he's fairly close:: You missed all the fun, sir.

Maryse Dubois -> Probably right. ::Lightens up and give the big furball a hug.:: I would avoid your brother though.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: Hunter :: So I hear, Gunny. Glad you got through it mostly intact.

William Chocox -> Welcome back Rhan.

Hunter Matheson -> Me, too, sir. It was... interesting?

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> Congratulations. I am very happy for you. ::Though there was still a hint of sadness in her eyes.:: Will he be serving aboard the Excalibur?

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: smiles at Maryse :: Oh, I would too. Though he's the well behaved one, he'll wait to punch me in private.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: nods to Will ::

Cptn Swain -> ::Snorts:: We'd be divorced within a week.

Cptn Swain -> He was assigned to Starbase 39 as the executive officer. Our new orders will keep us in the neighborhood.

Maryse Dubois -> ::Smiles::

Cptn Swain -> ::Puts a hand on her shoulder:: But thanks. I know this can be easy for you right now.

Hakran K'hal -> :: steps up toward Swain but keeps a proper distance until he and Miranda are done ::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::She nodded, not disputing it.:: Thank you, sir. It's just how things have to be right now. ::She sighed and glanced at the crew, catching sight of Hakran. She gestured for him to join them.::

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: Maryse :: Speaking of which, I hope all my Machiavellian maneuvers to get Hakran did some good.

Hakran K'hal -> :: catching Miranda's gesture, joins them, nods to her :: Commander. Captain Swain, it's an honor to meet you.

Cptn Swain -> The younger K'Hal. ::Smiles::

Hakran K'hal -> We are legion, sir.

Maryse Dubois -> ::Nods.:: It was partly his knowledge of quantum physics that helped us out of our mess.

William Chocox -> So, what will you be doing Commander Admiran?

Cptn Swain -> Noted.

Cptn Swain -> Glad to have you aboard at any rate.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: Maryse :: Good. That takes a little of the weight off. How are you holding up, though?

Tandaris Admiran -> ::Chocox:: I'm not sure yet. Take in some entertainment, maybe. There is a new Klingon opera being performed in the Hoboken Metropolitan Concert Hall.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> (( What's Hakran's rank? ))

William Chocox -> Hoboken? Interesting place to go.

Maryse Dubois -> About the same as always. How's the new position?

Hakran K'hal -> (( since he's older than Rhan (but younger than Mreh) I've had him as a LT, but that'd technically be a free promotion lol - so whatever you think appropriate ))

Cptn Swain -> (( That's fine with me. ))

Tandaris Admiran -> It has been the operatic capital of Earth for a while. At least since Xanthia Bay's stellar performance in the adaptation of Vulcan Love Slave Part 3.

Tandaris Admiran -> I'm not sure why they made a Part 3, to be honest, because I figured out who did it by the end of Part 2.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> Captain, you know the state of our science department now. Lt. K'hal has only just arrived, but is the ranking officer in that department. If he wishes to stay.

Cptn Swain -> ::Nods:: I'll let you in on a little secret as an... incentive.

Cptn Swain -> Our next mission will be most interesting for any good scientist.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> It was fun for a while, but not nearly busy enough for the long term. So I'm happy to be posted back here again. I think I've been grounded, so to speak. Don't think Personnel will be letting me off the ship for a few years.

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> ::She studied Hakran.:: Do you? Your assignment to Excalibur was something of unconventional anomaly, but we could use you in the department.

Maryse Dubois -> ::Smiles.:: I'm glad to hear it.

William Chocox -> Vulcan Love Slave is a mystery?

Hakran K'hal -> I've never really put much thought into climbing the ladder, but I doubt I could return to the Copernicus. Plus, if I stay on board maybe I can keep a certain younger K'hal in line - even if I have to buy a leash. If you'll have me, I'll stay sirs.

Hunter Matheson -> ::kinda thrown by the convos around him, he backs off a little, but still within range::

Cptn Swain -> :Glances to Miranda with a nod::

Tandaris Admiran -> ::gives Chocox a strange look:: No, it's a romance.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: heard that bit about the leash ::

Maryse Dubois -> ::giggles::

Hunter Matheson -> ::figures he has a long way to go before he's really used to the crew::

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> Good. Then I would like to formally offer you the position of Chief of Science, effective immediately.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: mumbles :: I'm in trouble.

Hakran K'hal -> I accept, Commander. Thank you.

Maryse Dubois -> ::Smirks.:: I would say so.

William Chocox -> Then what is there to figure out as to who did what?

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> :: huffs out a sigh at Maryse's giggle :: The angry part is going to love seeing me get big-brothered, isn't it?

Cptn Swain -> Well now that's out of the way... I am going to get moved back into my quarters. ::Smiles:: Care to join me at Spacedock for dinner, Commander?

Tandaris Admiran -> ::Chocox:: You don't try solving the romance when you read it?

Cdr Miranda Hawthorne -> Of course, Captain. I'll see you there.

Maryse Dubois -> Oh...probably... ::Smiles:: I doubt it will last too long though.

Hakran K'hal -> Rhan> There's one silver lining.

Maryse Dubois -> With our ship's track record, I'm sure something will distract us soon enough.

Cptn Swain -> ::Nods:: See you at 1800.

Cptn Swain -> ...and...

Cptn Swain -> PAUSE SIM

Cptn Swain -> PAUSE SIM

Cptn Swain -> PAUSE SIM