Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelton tr'Radaik

tr'Radaik, Kelton

keltonav_large.png

Maenek Kelton i-Dartha tr'Radaik

Currently Assigned: RES Talon

Current Position: Hiifvehi'Saehne (Medical Officer)

Physical Description:

Height: 6 feet

Weight: 200 pounds

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green.

Known Family:

Father: Galan i-Dartha tr'Radaik (deceased)

Mother: Aeryn i-Dartha t'Radaik (deceased)

Siblings: Koval i-Dartha tr'Radaik (elder brother)

Aryal i-Dartha tr'Radaik (elder brother)

Dhael i-Dartha tr'Radaik (elder brother)

Personal History/Personality Profile:

Kelton tr'Radaik was the youngest of the four sons of Galan tr'Radaik, a prominent member of the Jaridan coalition of the Rihan senate, and his wife Aeryn. Galan provided his sons with a well-rounded education and rather spoiled upbringing and did his best to instill them with ambition and a desire to promote their family's honor, power, and influence in the Empire. His sons grew up surrounded by this mindset and could not help but be engaged in it, though Galan was often disappointed by his youngest son, Kelton, who proved a bookish type, more interested in science than politics, and with an amicable personality highly unsuitable for intrigue and debate.

Galan and Aeryn were both killed in a transporter accident when Kelton was seventeen and his brothers, by then well into maturity, rose to take over his voice in the political sphere, determined to ensure that the Radaik voice would not disappear in matters of policy. Kelton expressed little interest in supporting them, as he had just begun training as a doctor; as a result, at the earliest opportunity, he was packed off into the military to complete his training as a Galae maenek. This served the elder Radaiks a two-fold purpose -- it supported the family's validity as a member of the Jaridan, who are great proponents of the Rihan military and the Empire's outward expansion, and it got their younger brother out of their hair and prevented him from being a drag on their quest for greater influence.

Kelton, who had no desire to become a military man, knew perfectly well why his life was controlled in this manner, but he did not have enough influence on his own to prevent it. This lack of control over his own life stuck in his craw and did more to awaken his nascent pride than any of his family's luxury or power, and so he determined that he would wait it out, amass enough influence in the Fleet, and eventually return to ch'Rihan and knock his brothers from power.

He passed through his training quickly, as he is highly intelligent, and he impressed his instructors with his respect for authority and determination to learn. His bearing has remained quiet, thoughtful, though it now hides the seeds of cleverness and cunning, as he is constantly watching the things which are taking place around him, absorbing them and remembering them. He can read people extremely well, and though he realizes unconditional friendships are often difficult in the tough world of the Galae, he is good at forming alliances and preventing himself from making too many enemies. The Talon is his first posting in the Fleet as a doctor.