Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unused_bagels

NMCI workaround?

Is there some way to mirror or link to the chatroom and still access it via a network that blocks gaming and chat-based websites? I know that sites that aren't necessarily tagged as such, or that haven't gotten on a blacklist, are still accessible (such as noob.us, even though it has games, or omegle.com, even though it is nothing but chat).

I stand 24-hour watches a few times a week, and would love to attend consecutive sims, even when I'm at work. Can anyone set something up to make this happen?

Is there some way to mirror or link to the chatroom and still access it via a network that blocks gaming and chat-based websites? I know that sites that aren't necessarily tagged as such, or that haven't gotten on a blacklist, are still accessible (such as noob.us, even though it has games, or omegle.com, even though it is nothing but chat).

I stand 24-hour watches a few times a week, and would love to attend consecutive sims, even when I'm at work. Can anyone set something up to make this happen?

Gotta love regional Network Operations Centers, and DoD policy for blocking anything almost remotely considered "fun".

Ahh, my tax dollars at work.

I sleep better knowing my safety, security, and American way of life are so diligently protected by the online gaming community.

Well, when I'm on 24-hour watch, we technically stop working and "go to sleep" in the adjacent bunkroom at about 2000. The sims start at 21-2200, and it's not like I can leave.

Where I used to work, the NMCI security protocols were different from building to building, depending on who in the MIS department was in charge of security (namely which types of programs and stuff they liked to use during work hours, most likely). For instance, my building had a SCIF, and even though I wasn't in it, we were just as secure as the SCIF. Yet the building next door, had alot more loose controls. It was a pain.

Gotta love regional Network Operations Centers, and DoD policy for blocking anything almost remotely considered "fun".

Everyday in the Corps is "fun", son! Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade!

There's a building down the street where I can get food. I might be able to get away with going over there "for dinner" and then getting on STSF... Now that you mentin it, I think their internet is laxer, cos it's a bar/liberty center/wings place