Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
V'Roy

The Search for Fresh Chicken Salad

Academy Mission Log

Stardate 0806.24

Mission Commanding Officer V'Roy reporting

"In peace, as a wise man, he should make suitable preparation for war." These words of Horace never rang truer than in the last month. The Pandarians had returned, and just as the prior two times, Starfleet was unaware of this returning threat. It is much more difficult to mobilize when your pants are down.

No one had seen them in five years. Those cadets who encountered them and lived were now Commanders and Captains and had let themselves become comfortable. Very few even took notice that several Academy training ships, about one per week for the past month or so, were reported missing. Whenever the Pandarians came up in polite and not-so-polite conversation some even denied they ever existed.

They are not saying that any longer. The Pandarians have returned, and now we have proof!

We have not avenged the horror, the danger, the destruction, the passion... well, OK, there probably wasn't much time for passion... or ketchup, but plenty of BBQ sauce. However, we have perhaps begun to avenge all with the capture of their command staff.

As the USS Marie Curry, a Nebula class ship under my command, approached the New Vega colony with supplies a large chunk of the colony was laid to waste. Several transports had left the colony just before the shock wave from the explosion began taking them out. Had we not raised shields when we did we would have been taken out as well, either by the shock wave itself or a large chunk of New Vega that would have hit us. As it happened, however, the only damage suffered was a blown-out OPS panel and a severely burned OPS officer. I ordered him to sick bay and called for an engineer.

Distress calls began coming in from the fleeing transports. I ordered our ship into rescue position, but the first transport exploded before we could reach them. We were able to reach the second transport and beamed it's life signs directly to Sick Bay. We were about to drop shields to rescue the crew of the third transport but our Transporter Chief informed us that something wasn't right with the prior beam-out. The mass index was simply too high. I wanted to know what we were dealing with before effecting any more rescue attempts so I had the XO call up the Sick Bay security cameras.

There they were. Pandarians! 4 of them, attacking the doctors and medics. Some of the security officers rushed into Sick Bay to contain the intruders. However, I was concerned our security force would not be enough to stop them. I ordered the bridge crew to erect force fields around Sick Bay. Even though we had other wounded I ordered Sick Bay off limits to all personnel.

We had them! With our shields at maximum and Sick Bay completely contained they could not escape or call in reinforcements. I ordered the ship to the nearest Starfleet detention center at best possible speed. However, the Pandarians might still have been able to hack into our systems and either disable our shields or the containment field. Indeed they did try, and were able to disrupt Main Engineering for a time. However, the only ship-wide damage they could do was to tap into the replicator system and simultaneously order all replicators to produce chicken salad.

Many ran. Many died. Many more needed counseling. That was the price we paid for their capture. The total loss is staggering - the complete New Vega colony, several transports, the entire Marie Curie medical staff, at least one engineer, several security officers, and our OPS officer would carry out their final duty during capture of the Pandarians, who we later learned to be "Rego", "Chubs", "Lulu", and "Kitchen Officer Dante". About 40 more would die simply transporting them from the ship to the detention center. However, although the loss of life was enormous, this is nothing compared to the numerous other Pandarian terrorist attacks of the past 7 or so years. Time will tell if we have cut the head of the entire Pandarian forces or simply one cell.

Edited by V'Roy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0