Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chirakis

Persons of Interest (POI)

Persons of Interest (POI

[An away team on TKR-117 is investigating a sentient Alien Alliance ship that appeared from subspace. Apparently it was stolen, rewired, and flown to TKR-117, but those who hijacked it are unconscious. ]

Captain Ramson: “The ship I was on was sentient, and it was looking for this one. It is the most powerful ship the Alliance has.”

Dr. Pavilion: “It looks like it’s in a coma.”

Cdr Coleridge: “I'm not sure what to make of this. It's as if someone was trying to route around critical pathways.”

Cdr Kital, on TKR-117 with the hijacked Alliance craft: “For such advanced technology as we've seen, this is sloppy. It's like things are jumpered all over the place. It'd be one thing to have one faulty area bypassed. But this is like they're bypassing all over the place.”

Slavery. The sentient Alien Alliance ship on TKR-117 had been rewired by incompetents to serve as a slave. Rewired for pain? Rewired for control? Both? Were they even aware? Kirel’s jaw clenched as she pressed her palms into the tactical console, struggling for control.

As a slave, she had seen others wired for pain, for compliance. As a child she… all the children in the colony... were forced to watch. It reduced the victims and the children to a fraction of their former selves. After 30 years, she still heard their screams. In the dark of night. In her dreams….

“Captain Chirakis?”

Ensign Jackson broke into her thoughts, and in her anger she lashed out, “What?”

Jackson’s face paled, and for a moment the words failed to come. “There’s….” He took a deep breath. “There’s a priority one encrypted message from security, Captain. Lieutenant Garand.”

“Garand?” Her face still flushed, she pushed off from her console, scrutinizing him with her glare.

“Y-yes, ma’am. Lieutenant Garand, ma’am.”

It took her a moment before she calmed herself and nodded. “Send it to CnC’s main security console.”

After decryption, she began to read key words, as was her habit when reading reports from her officers. Within seconds, she decided to read the entire report.

To: Captain Chirakis, Chief of Security
Re: Suspicious Person, POI

Captain,

Cardassian Gila Orrak, former Glinn in the Cardassian Elite Guard, has been sighted on station. She is in the park and will be until all clear. Surveillance shows her talking to and receiving station information from Annisha t’Korjata, Alexis McFarland, and the Mithraan child Miana; the Mithraan bodyguard is close. The Cardassian has also had contact with the boy from below. Surveillance footage as well as a recent image is attached. Access to her military records are beyond my clearance. I have spoken to her, made her aware of our concern, and will continue to monitor the situation. Acknowledge receipt.

Kirel stared a moment, then sent her acknowledgement, filed the report, and blanked her screen. A top of the line sentient Alien Alliance ship was being tortured on TKR-117, and a former member of the Cardassian Elite Guard was gleaning information from….

She sighed. “Captain Ramson, if you will excuse me, I will return in a few minutes.”