Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STSF Jami

Happy Birthday STSF!

A great big Happy Birthday to STSF

12 Years Ago Today

Congratulations to its founder, Atragon-9!

Thanks for the vision, thanks for the perseverance and tenacity!

Thanks to the members who were willing to step out of a comfort zone

and make all this possible,

And THANK YOU to all our members!

Hey, I may have been the annoying one who kept poking Paramount and StarTrek,com, but there is a long list of people who need to be thanked, as well.

It is always dangerous to list people, as I inevitably forget a terribly important person, so let me start off by apologizing to the people I will forget to list ::facepalm:: and move on to thank the dozens (hundreds?) of players who show up every week to enjoy the sims in the forum.

Okay, enough delaying, on to the individuals I would like to thank for keeping STSF up, running and happy, over the years.

Amnor

Borgette

BluRox

Dacotah

FredM

GromVik

Hawser

Huff

Jami

Joe Manning

Jumper

KBear

Kent

Kessler

Laura

Lebowski

LoAmi

Linus

Moose

Muon Quark

NDak

Nova

Phoenix

Precip

Rob

Scooter

Seiben

Serenity

Sketti

Sorehl

Sovak

Spyder

Sumo

God just reading those names brought me back...

Feeling your age, Fred? I know I am. After 20+ years of simming, I find STSF the only forum that successfully takes "online role playing to the next level."

Feeling my age? Dear Lord yes...I was looking at old Shore Leave Pictures thinking back. Then realized I was looking at photos that were 15 years old.

Then I started to try to tell myself that wasn't the case, realizing that...assuming I don't quit...next year would mark 20 years since I graduated "Starfleet" Online Academy.

I mean, two decades? Really? Almost 15 years since the great ACI scourge? 15 years since HOST OGF and all that garbage? Nearly 17 years since anyone gave a damn about owning PowerTools and understanding you could write it off as a business expense?

15 years...since...hair...

Ah yes, Admiral. Fond memories, indeed. How about 15 years since Teen Fleet? Since forty plus members showed up at Shore Leave and it was like herding cats?

Those were the days.

...forty plus members showed up at Shore Leave and it was like herding cats?

Hello there, I'm here for the cat herding, meow.

Star Trek Simulation Forum has afforded me many, many hours of enjoyment. I remember the first time I logged into the chat room 10 years ago and my reaction - "It's just like Dungeons & Dragons (and yes I'm dating myself there) table top gaming but in an online chat room and without the dice and it's Star Trek! So cool!"

STSF is a creative outlet that rocks out with the concept and community and I'm very happy all these years to be a small part of it. I've had the good fortune to meet several Folks at the Vegas and Shore Leave gatherings and have had a blast.

On a serious note, I lost my Mom in May 2013 after a nine month battle with cancer. STSF allowed me to distract myself through the chats, writing logs and general administrative duties of a Sim. The weekly chat sessions and writing logs enabled me to "forget" and "lose myself" in my character as I tried to battle the hopeless darkness that enveloped myself and my family during this time. These quick escapes helped immensely and I'm so grateful to the site and community for that, for this creative (and sometimes healing) outlet that it provides.

Happy belated Birthday STSF! w00t!

1024px-Birthday_candles.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0