Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod_the_spacebum

Bio for Zaphod

Last known bio-------------------------------------------

---> Opening Federation Database <---

Name: Zaphod,

Birth Name: Daryus, son of Dracal

Birth Date: August 8, 2373

Birth place: Star Fleet Medical, New Orleans Louisiana, Earth

Last Known Address: 208 Dauphine St, New Orleans Louisiana, Earth

Last Known Occupation: Skipper, civillian cargo vessel S.S. Silver Star

(disappeared in the Hyades Cluster)

Race: Caitian/Human (genetically conceived, only one known to exist)

Caitian clan affiliation: S'hisshiri Clan, northern continent

Hair color: (fur) Black

Eye color: purple

Height: 5'8

Weight: 172

Blood type: Ln-

Parents:

Dracal, Caitian, Starfleet Admiral (dishonorable discharge), Deceased

Janine Olivia Hebert, Human, Starfleet Captain (dishonorable discharge), Deceased

Addendum:

Admiral Dracal and Captain Hebert went outside the Federation to find a geneticist to allow them to have a child, breaking Federation law. They were arrested, tried, given dishonorable discharges, then served 3 years on a penal colony. They were killed in a shuttle accident in the Cait system when Daryus was 9.

Spouse: none

Children: none

Past employment:

Security Forces, Caitian space fleet, Junior Weapons Division, 2386-2390, finished his term at the age of 18.

Star Fleet, Ensign (resigned 2394)

Captain, civillian cargo vessel S.S. Silver Star, 2394-2404 (when he and his ship disappeared).

Addendum:

Federation intel has reported Daryus using the name Zaphod and running supplies in the Hyades Cluster. Some have reported him on Theta Tauri II (or Tranquility, as the locals call it), as well as New Riza. But, these reports cannot be substantiated.

Training:

Engineering, pilot training, tactical, small arms training

Hobbies:

Engineering, music, computers, martial arts, the Deltan Crinaral

Known weapons:

Caitian claw dagger

Klingon Bat'leth

23rd century phaser assault pistol

Addendum: Though he doesn't have a criminal record, he is considered a suspicious

person. His parents committed a severe crime against the Federation. And, he is

a walking testament to that crime. Use caution when hiring to avoid unnecessary

Federation involvement in your affairs.

Edited by Zaphod_the_spacebum

Race: Caitian/Human (genetically conceived, only one known to exist)

This is not even genetically possible. You can not breed a feline to a primate. There are too many different genetic markers and sequences that in no way could ever match to make such a thing possible. Felines are genetically based of 19 base pairs while humans have 23 base pairs. Thus, you are talking of mapping of 38 chromosomes vs 46. On each chromosome, you now have millions of genes, so the math will never align.

Let's put it this way, even as closely related as homo sapiens are to chimpanzees, that little bit of genetic difference makes it impossible to breed them together, even in a lab.

Even with more closely related species within the same family, such as breeding of donkey/horse, lion/tiger.. the hybrid offspring are all sterile and unable to breed. It's nature saying....don't do this.

Hey Rex. I realize it is genetically impossible to mix a feline and a primate. But, I'm going with a "Dr Moreau" approach. Zaphod is a product of illegal genetic tampering. His parents paid for going outside the Federation to have this done. And, Zaphod is labeled a "genetic freak" for the rest of his life. It plays well with why Zaphod is so disgusted with the Feddies, and why he leaves the Federation and joins the raiders. Then eventually joining the QoB in Bulls Head. I chatted with Manning about Zaphod's genetic mixing, and he approved it. Zaphod is a very mysterious, and growing character. I'm having loads of fun figuring him out.. :)

Zaphod

This is not even genetically possible... It's nature saying....don't do this.

I chatted with Manning about Zaphod's genetic mixing, and he approved it. Zaphod is a very mysterious, and growing character. I'm having loads of fun figuring him out.. :)

Honestly, at another time or place I would have made the same argument, but I have to side with my crewmate here. It's sci-if; the unusual and realization of the impossible make it interesting. And, personally, I like the grittiness it adds to the pristine Federation.

Bio updated June 12, 2011.

Finally back, bio updated.