• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Newson

Jay Newson
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, roleplay, Tabletop games

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

So hi. I guess not many people remember me. I used to play here back in 2008 or something. Since then, well, life happened. I've continued roleplaying though. Just in a different format. But the other day I thought to myself "heck I wanna roleplay Star Trek again". So hence why I'm here again. Older and hopefully wiser. I'll try to peek into the Academy sim (if it's still running?) this coming Sunday. It's at 6am for me tho so yeah... I hope I can make it. But anyway... hi again.

I also went ahead and got myself a newer picture of my PB too.
Cadet Jordan "Jay" Newson
Starfleet Academy

#2 Rhan K'hal

Rhan K'hal
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

Welcome back!

The Academy structure has changed since you've been here. This post (http://www.stsf.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25772), which is a bit out of date (there's nothing at all on Tuesday now), outlines the new methodology.

I'm sure some GMs will drop by this topic to welcome you back and can clarify further.

#3 Jay Newson

Jay Newson
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, roleplay, Tabletop games

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

Thanks. Yeah it's been awhile since I was here so I expected there would have been changes. I guess there's too few new recruits nowadays.
Cadet Jordan "Jay" Newson
Starfleet Academy

#4 Chirakis

Chirakis

I *am* smiling

• STSF GM
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:56 PM

Welcome back, Jay.  What is it that they say?  "You can take the player out of Trek but you can't take the Trek out of the player?"  

Anyway, please do check out the new academics, choose a sim, and contact the GM for in-sim training.  Good to have you back aboard.

Chirakis
Chirakis Kirel, SI-5
Captain, Starfleet Intelligence Division V
Sky Harbor Aegis
Sky Harbor Aegis

When the station shakes beneath your feet, you know you've been paged.
~SubCommander Jorahl, Chief Engineering Officer, Sky Harbor Aegis
When was there normal? When did this happen? How did I miss it? Was this when I went on that five-minute break three months ago? It was only five minutes. I turn my back, and you guys go "normal" on me?
~Cdr Scott Coleridge, Executive Officer, Sky Harbor Aegis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users