Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Randall

The Abduction - Log 1

OFFICIAL LOG

LIEUTENANT JOHN RANDALL

USS CHALLENGER

(Personal Log Stardate 11605.04)

John materialized on a transporter dais, but he knew instantly something was wrong; this transporter room was decidedly not Federation standard. As a matter of fact, it looked suspiciously like----

Then, with dawning horror, he knew where he was. He was aboard a Romulan ship, and just as the realization hit home, a door opened in front of him, and three Romulans, all armed with disruptors, rushed into the room and came straight at him.

He knew better than to try to put up any resistance, they would just simply fire a disruptor bolt into him, and he had just gotten released from the hospital. So he merely stood there while the Romulans surrounded the dais, and he waited to see what would happen.

They made no move to remove him from the dais, however, they simply kept their disruptors trained on him. A few moments later, a female in a Starfleet uniform walked into the room, and John stared in disbelief. He was even more mystified when the female sharply issued a command in Romulan language, and the men lowered their disruptors.

The female regarded John for a few seconds, then slowly smiled. "Well," she said in Federation Standard. "Here is the chief engineer of the Challenger, and Starfleet Intelligence operative, Lieutenant John Randall. Like father, like son, eh?"

John's eyes widened at that remark, and the female smiled again. "Yes, Lieutenant," she continued. "Your father was Marcus Randall of Starfleet Intelligence. It took us a while to finally 'put it all together', as you humans say, but once we did, we figured out who you were. For my part, I know who you are." She walked slowly toward the dais, and stared at him as an expression of hatred crept over her face.

"You are the person responsible for the execution of my father," she said in a low, angry voice. "You might remember him. He was posing as an aide to ambassador Shrvan of the accursed planet of Vulcan," and John stared at her in horror. She saw the realization come into his eyes, and grinned evilly at him.

"That's right, Lieutenant," she went on. "He was Shrak, as you knew him. I knew him as my father, Tel ra'Hajruillu. I intend to avenge my father much the way you avenged yours. You might recall one of the aides survived that final battle in the ambassador's home?" John nodded, trying to appear calm while inside his stomach was churning. "He was part of my father's entourage, and he made it back to ch'Havran with the entire scene caught on a tricorder.

"I have waited this long to make my move, Lieutenant, because I wanted to savor the moment when I had been informed that you were killed in the explosion aboard the Challenger," she continued, and John's eyebrows went straight up. She noticed and smiled coldly at him again. "Yes, I was responsible for the cloaking device explosion," she said. "It was a simple matter to set it up. After all, who knows better to 'booby-trap', as you humans say, a Romulan cloaking device better than a Romulan?"

John finally found his voice. "It was not a Romulan cloaking device," he gritted, and the female waved his remark aside. "At its very heart, it is, Lieutenant, and you know it," she growled. "That device was stolen by your Captain James T. Kirk and his henchman, the Vulcan Spock. That Starfleet was attempting to use it onboard a starship like the Challenger is a clear violation of the Treaty of Algeron, and one I fully intend to report to the Romulan High Command the first chance I get.

"Meanwhile, I shall have the luxury of doing with you what I will," she continued coldly, and her gaze intensified upon the Challenger's chief engineer. "You will pay, and pay dearly, Lieutenant, for your treachery, and I shall make sure your punishment is very hard and very slow. I intend to savor each moment to its fullest."

John glared back at her. "Then get on with it, lady, and I use that term very loosely," he snapped, and an expression of rage came over the female's face. "That's just one more thing you'll pay for, Mr. Randall," she said menacingly. Then she suddenly smiled. "Haven't you recognized me yet, Lieutenant? My disguise was actually better than I thought, then. No one aboard your mighty battlecruiser had a clue that I was actually a Romulan."

John studied her, but recognition eluded him. "Where did you come aboard?" he asked her, and she smiled. "Do you remember the outpost at Tyreilla?" she asked him, and he nodded. "I was secretly flown there in a cloaked shuttlepod," she said. "I had already undergone my Federation disguise surgery, and I waited until your away team was ready to return to Challenger. Then I joined your team in the disguise of a yeoman, and returned with you to the ship. When I saw you board the shuttlecraft, it was all I could do not to blow my cover; I wanted to kill you right then and there," she gritted.

John nodded. "You were the shadow I saw, and could never catch up to," he replied. "No wonder I couldn't get your life-signs on my tricorder, I wasn't scanning for Romulans." She grinned widely and nodded. "I blame myself for getting too close to you for you to somehow sense me," she said, and shook her head. "You nearly caught me that night, Lieutenant, and I give you full credit for that. You were as good as I believed you were. Now, however, I have you, and you are going to get to know me very well. Painfully, of course, but nonetheless, very well." She laughed coldly, and John's stomach crawled.

"You have a lot to answer for, Lieutenant John Randall, and I intend to get every last bit of it," she went on. John had been listening to her voice as she had been speaking, and it suddenly dawned on him who she was. "You're Lieutenant T'Shea," he said with shock in his voice, and she smiled, nodding at him.

"I knew you'd figure it out, John," she said. "You're every bit the consummate professional I thought you to be." John raised his eyebrows at her. "You think I'm a Starfleet Intelligence operative," he said, and she smiled. "Don't tell me you're going to deny it," she said sarcastically, and he nodded. "I truly am not one," he replied. "I only worked with SI to find the people responsible for my father's death."

"Oh, Lieutenant, you truly are a marvel," T'Shea said happily. "I fully expected that you would deny who you are. It's only the first of many things I intend to discover about you. Now, we need to get you off that dais and into your quarters." She nodded to the men, and they took John from the room. He was marched down a corridor and into a turbolift.

The lift carried the party down (at least it felt to John that they were moving that way) and came to a stop a few moments later. They exited the car and marched down another corridor, stopping in front of a door. The door opened after one of his guards entered a code into a panel on the left side of the door, and John was led inside.

All the men except one then left the cabin, and T'Shea smiled at him. "Get to know this cabin well, Lieutenant," she said. "It is your new home. I will return shortly with some clothing for you so we can get you out of that hideous Starfleet uniform. Then, you and I will begin to get better acquainted."

John said, "You really don't believe that you're going to get away with this, do you? Starfleet will be searching for me, along with the Challenger." T'Shea smiled at him. "Oh, I'm not too worried about that, Lieutenant," she replied. "No one knows where you are. That ship you arrived on at the shipyards left right after we intercepted your beamout. And, I happen to know that the Challenger, according to your executive officer, was going to leave the shipyards with or without you.

"I also took the liberty of placing a notice in the Starfleet computer at the shipyard that your arrival would be delayed because of your recent hospitalization. As far as the Challenger is concerned, Lieutenant, you're still at the university hospital on, Centaurus, I believe the planet is called. So you see, no one knows where you are. You are mine, and you will be here until I tire of you. Then, I will kill you myself."

She glared at him for a few seconds after she finished, then whirled and left the room. The guard followed her, but John knew he would take up a station outside the door. He walked over to the only chair in the room and sat down, burying his face in his hands. He was a prisoner, of that there was no doubt. He wondered if he would ever see his family again, and tears came to his eyes at the thought of his sister Victoria, whom he had just spent time with at the New Athens hospital. He feared he might never see his family again, and knew he was in for the battle of his life.

He berated himself mentally for the situation he was in. He should have seen this coming, he told himself. He should have known the Romulans wouldn't have just taken everything he had done to them over the years, and not have some retribution planned for him. He could only hope that T'Shea, or whoever she was, had made an error somewhere that she wasn't aware of, or that someone on the Challenger would wonder where he was, and contact the hospital to ask about him.

He thought briefly of Anastasia, but she hadn't said a word to him since he had gotten back from his last covert mission. For all he knew, she had moved on from their talk that day in the officers' mess, and his departure from Starbase 179 the day he had left to find the person responsible for blowing his father's cover. She had told him that he was making a mistake, and he was beginning to think she had been right. He supposed she was angry with him for going on the mission, and had told herself to stay away from him. It didn't look good for the chief engineer of the Challenger, and John set about preparing himself mentally for the battle he knew was coming.

END LOG