Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacob_Wright

The first step of a thousand

"0327 now clearing Earth orbit, cleared en-route to the Utopia Planetia ship yards. Contact inner system now. Have a good trip."

" 0327, switching over, out." I look out of the window and see the blue marble called Earth, for what might be one of the last times in a long time, again. Then I look down over a few charts and figure out the headings to the Utopia Planetia Ship Yard. However, this seemed kind of pointless considering the fact I have already logged countless hours on this route, and the massive shipyards were already visible. Very faint, but still there.

I perform the quick flight from Earth to Utopia Planetia with no difficulty. "Utopia Planetia, shuttle 0327 is with you. Inbound for docking."

" 0327, positive contact, right turn bearing 027, and standby for docking instructions."

" 0327." I look over at the dry docks, amazed at how massive they are. And how many there are. It would also seem that there are more dry docks than last time I was here. Then again, it was also a few years ago, so it would make since to have more. " Umm, Utopia Planetia, any idea which dock the Challenger is in?"

" 0327, the Challenger is currently docked at dock 12. However, the area is off limits except to authorized personal."

"0327, requesting flyby of dock 12. Clearance is Wright Bravo Whisky Tango"

" Clearance is confirmed. Cleared to dry dock 12. Be advised, extensive worker bee activity in the area."

" 0327 checks that." I turn the ship to the dry dock with the Challenger at it. Again, the dock its at if fairly obvious, one of the biggest docks, with the most activity around it. I get in close to the Challenger, however, keeping my distance to give the worker bees enough room, and then some to work. "Wow she's beautiful. Massive but beautiful. Going to be fun to patrol though. And she's going to make a nice home for the next who knows how long." I say to my self. I continue to fly down the port side of the Challenger. A few worker ships fly around me moving to different sections of the ship, and a couple security craft can be spotted a bit further out, shadowing my craft, making sure I don't do anything which would jeopardise the Challenger.

After the flyby of the Challenger I go back on course and dock with the base.

Edited by Mark_Davis