Welcome to Star Trek Simulation Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STSF Seiben

Welcome back...

"Welcome back.."

Star Date 9401.11

St. Croix, Virgin Islands -- 20:00

The lights and sounds of a shuttle touching down filled the air and disrupted the tranquillity of the night. The doors opened and Rolf stepped out. For the first time in almost two years, he felt the cool wind brush his face. Once the shuttle's motors were cut off, the only sound that greeted him was the sound of the crashing waves from the ocean. Finally, he was home again. Rolf's wife and two kids came out to greet him as he stepped off and collected his things.

"Sure is nice to be back" Rolf exclaimed after embracing his wife and kids. "And we're glad you're back too" replied his wife Tara. "How long do you have this time?" It was an honest question, really. Given the rigours of Starfleet life there was precious little time to spend with the family. That was one of the things Rolf hated most about serving in Starfleet. Missed birthday parties, ball games, graduations. It seemed his family was going on without him.

But, like any good father, Rolf tried to keep in touch as best he can via subspace two or three times a week, and whenever duty brought him back to Earth, such as this. "Oh, I have a month this time, while the Challenger finishes construction. I'm overseeing the project for now, until they could find a project foreman to take my place" replied Rolf. Tara nodded. A month was a pretty long time compared to other times.

"That's great, Rolf. Dinner's ready in the kitchen if you want it" Tara and Rolf started to make their way back to their home. "Sounds good to me" They had purchased the four bedroom home and 50 acre private island not far from the island St. Croix in the Virgin Islands about ten years ago. It was then and still is meant to be their private tropical haven away from all the stress of Starfleet and daily life.

And it was in these turquoise waters and pristine white sands, that Rolf and his family unwind. The home was perched on top of a bluff leading to a private beach in the bottom. It was brightly lit and smelled of steak emanating from the kitchen. "So, will you be staying long whilst they find someone to oversee the project?" asked his son Terry. "A month, but I'll be going back and forth to oversee the construction now and then" Along with his loving wife Tara, Rolf's high school sweetheart whom he married 21 years ago, he had three children.Ranging from the age of 20 to 8.

His eldest daughter Sabine was now in Boston studying law in Harvard, but did have her exams soon and promised to come visit, while his his remaining two 14-year-old Terry and 8-year-old Mindy were on hand to welcome him back. For also, what seemed like the first time in years, the family sat down to a late dinner as a whole. It made him forget of the stress and troubles encountered with the construction project so far, and the pressure of soon commanding one of Starfleet's most advanced ships. (He didn't want a repeat of Harriman's trouble first start). Even if it was temporary.